This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Just finished Jupiter's Travels last night. A guy takes four years to ride his motorbike around the world in the 1970s. Epic.

Pretty sad to realise that it would actually be impossible to retrace that route today, due to the probabilities of being murdered as an infidel in most of the Muslim countries he visited.
    I finished Roborto Escobar's 'The Accountant's Story' yesterday. As interesting as his insights are into an organisation that wrote off billions of dollars in cash due to rot and forgetfulness, I'm not it was worth suffering through prose that felt like a primary school child's English essay.

I should have just let it at 'Killing Pablo'.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      I finished Roborto Escobar's 'The Accountant's Story' yesterday. As interesting as his insights are into an organisation that wrote off billions of dollars in cash due to rot and forgetfulness, I'm not it was worth suffering through prose that felt like a primary school child's English essay.

at least they knew the true meaning of the word 'deadline'
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Why would a cyclist not be covered in high-viz anyway ?
        They all seem to have lights and reflectors though so they aren't that bad.
        Hi-viz is a thorny topic - why does it only ever discussed re cyclists, why aren't black cars recommended to be decorated in luminous tarpaulins before being taken on the road after dusk? Lights are considered adequate enough for cars, why not bicycles?
        (Personally I do use hi-viz)

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          There are a couple of things you need cycling, reflective stripes, that's what car lights actually see and good lights. Most people have neither. The luminous colours don't really make a difference.
          Jackets are especially on roadbikes where you are stooped over and your back is pointing upwards, with the reflective stripes too.

However I like to think they do and demand all cars now wear hi viz
          Well, that's what i meant, reflective clothing.

as for cars wearing it, im ok in my car if a cyclist hits me.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
            No chance with the salesman in Denis Mahony.

One of wifes mates who is the haggle queen was so pushy with him he told her that he wouldn't sell the car to her at any price. No Car for you.
            Car Nazi.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Who would win in a darts contest, you or chadley?
              It wouldn't be a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                So what you are saying they are not pictures of Tralee at all but random nice places in the rest of Kerry.
                Yes. I never did say they were of Tralee or any particular part of kerry. I was responding to FatBastards comment after he called Kerry a shit hole or something. I don't see the problem here tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  Yes. I never did say they were of Tralee or any particular part of kerry. I was responding to FatBastards comment after he called Kerry a shit hole or something. I don't see the problem here tbh.
                  99% chance he's trying to troll me.

Comment

I was of the impression that MODS on these forums were supposed to be unpaid and impartial.

Good old days

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Jaysus, Boston, had forgotten about him, not surprised to see he was banned.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Des. lol.

Comment

remember that link for facebook that would only show your own profile, we have great fun with that saying, "ugh this person is so creepy."

I got loads of abuse from people from the BBV in PM, people even PMing and ringing boards admins.

Tara, do you want to explain that post in bbv, i'm seeing my wifes facebook picture on there and i'm pretty ****ed off right now.

Can you tell me where this is coming from? what's the story here? is there a thread i should know about? is this some random **** or some clever IT ****?
                          F@ck thats me.

This is after frightening me, first to see myself and then to see that people find that it's creepy.

I can assure you that any one that knows me can verify that I am not a creep, and very far from it.

I hate social networks in general and The only reason I'm on it is that my ex invited me and I put up that picture as I came accross it when I was at home sometime ago and because the Pistols are playing at EP and I will be going and it was taken when that album was out (all those years ago), also I think the tee shirt I was wearing at the time was a Dallas "I shot JR" shirt if anyone is intrested (yeah, bleak times indeed).

Again, I'm mortified at the notion that people find it creepy, Oh, time to go and delete it.

If Mondays ain't bad enough without people quoting that I should be on a sex registry, thats very low!

Well if it served a purpose off entertainment to some, very well.

Though all I can say is that I am somewhat hurt, disguisted and numb.

Wow.
                          ya little... how much swearing am i allowed to do on this thing?

I'll be expecting a confession, Tar!!!

(just realised this comment makes no since unless you know my pic's a priest Halloween costume)

p.s. Hey! First post ever!!! Go me!!
                          People making threads in feedback and all over the place:

i just read the first bit of this and only saw my pic as the first post,thats my facebook image..im kinda worried now..what was that thread all about? have i done something bad? omg
                          I got a lot worse than that haha. Fuzzy went mental at me and in the reported post

Some more people PMing me saying that they can explain, that it's their kids or nephew etc and they aren't a pedophile. There were similar threads all over boards and an announcement was made, good times.
                          Unfortunately the huge thread I made in AH was deleted
                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-04-15, 13:45.

Comment

Anyone here watching The Flash

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              99% chance he's trying to troll me.
                              Just you?
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hi.

Comment

hi,

shit today

everyone dead?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Hi.
                                    Hower tings.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                      hi,

shit today

everyone dead?
                                      Ah yeah.
                                      Hower tings.
                                      Ah sure.

Comment

remember that link for facebook that would only show your own profile, we have great fun with that saying, "ugh this person is so creepy."

I got loads of abuse from people from the BBV in PM, people even PMing and ringing boards admins.

I got a lot worse than that haha. Fuzzy went mental at me and in the reported post

Some more people PMing me saying that they can explain, that it's their kids or nephew etc and they aren't a pedophile. There were similar threads all over boards and an announcement was made, good times.
                                        I remember that. freaked me out at the time. Pretty sure the first one quoted was from me no?

Comment

Wish I could still access PM's from when I pretended to win the lotto. There was even people contacting me through MSN looking for their free €100.

Comment

Ah sure.
                                            Yeah. Mucky out there.

Comment

Even as a confirmed meat lover I think i'd struggle to get into this...

Comment

The little plant at the side of the plate made me laugh.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Some fall at Wincanton today. Jockeys are hardy bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

There is ironing in there somewhere. Can you spot it ?

Comment

Walking dead folk ? What was the title of the Finale episode.

From the walking dead to the recently walking. My nerves are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Yes please re the books. And thanks for this, will get that cooking book.
                                                        @hitch:

couple of books to get you started. These are great reads. Both are crime books but the first is much more than that and the start of a fantastic series. I've never met anyone who hasn't liked the series .

Daniel Pennac: Au bonheur des ogres (it's actually been translated in english under the name "The scapegoat" if anyone else is interested)

The second is from Fred Vargas and introduces a brilliant and very unconventional detective which, if you enjoy his first adventures, you will undoubtedly follow the rest. Great light read: "L'homme aux cercle bleus" (also translated in english under the title of "The chalk circle man")

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Conquer
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Conquer

Comment

Conquer
                                                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I don't even see meat as food any more, just see an animal. It's kinda weird now.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                              I remember that. freaked me out at the time. Pretty sure the first one quoted was from me no?
                                                              I'm not sure I didn't put names in the thread to save some dignity

Comment

Conquer

Comment

Conquer
                                                                  thank you

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Conquer
                                                                  much obliged

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                  Conquer
                                                                  cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

That is a lot of weetabixs.

Had a cup of earl grey. Don't really do brekkie... Mind you, did have a nice bowl of QuakerOats (Apple and cinnamon flavour) two days ago... Have more instant oatmeal at home but haven't the time to prepare it
                                                                      Had 16 one in 2008 ago after a day out pokering without food. Had to quit them for 7 years.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      I really doubt we see an election in 2015, government will want the bump from a second post-austerity budget
                                                                      Political noob alert.
                                                                      Why do these cunce get to decide when there is an election?

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                      Hey Riggs, whats the story with the Airbnb link in your Sig.?
                                                                      I signed up through the link but got no code or voucher. ...Do I need some special link from you?

'Travel Credits will automatically appear as a coupon on the checkout page'

Hopefully it should show if you click through to make a booking, and you should be able to see the coupon applied automatically prior to actually booking.

Wish I could still access PM's from when I pretended to win the lotto. There was even people contacting me through MSN looking for their free €100.
                                                                      Did msn pass the messages on?

Conquer

I don't even see meat as food any more, just see an animal. It's kinda weird now.

I'm not sure I didn't put names in the thread to save some dignity
                                                                      I feel the same about veg, cept in a way that makes sense.
                                                                      Nah morally I am with you, I just can't stomach the food I have had so far, help.

thank you

much obliged

cheers
                                                                      What's for tea?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

What's for tea?
                                                                        4 figs rolls, abandoned half chewed farleys rusk and batch bread toasted with beans

times are hard and nappies are expensive

Comment

who would win in a fight, Conor or Jackie Chan?

Comment

Bruce Lee

Comment

who would win in a fight, Conor or Jackie Chan?
                                                                              wots 4 T

Comment

Mighty Mouse or Bruce Lee?

Not sure what is 4T yet, will keep you updated.

Comment

wots 4 T
                                                                                  Is 4T gonna be your new trend to set m8?

Comment

this site seems pretty insane, so this guy gets 27k per month from random people online, as well as getting paid by youtube for views. https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1755207

He jsut makes some videos/podcasts about games. There are loads of categories on the site too

Video & Film
                                                                                    Music
                                                                                    Writing
                                                                                    Comics
                                                                                    Drawing & Painting
                                                                                    Animation
                                                                                    Podcasts
                                                                                    Games
                                                                                    Photos
                                                                                    Comedy
                                                                                    Science
                                                                                    Education
                                                                                    Crafts & DIY
                                                                                    Dance & Theatre

Comment

Is 4T gonna be your new trend to set m8?
                                                                                      Lottie actually came up with that one when we were brainstorming in the Wolfpack conference room.

Comment

this site seems pretty insane, so this guy gets 27k per month from random people online, as well as getting paid by youtube for views. https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1755207

He jsut makes some videos/podcasts about games. There are loads of categories on the site too
                                                                                        Is that similar to that YouTube guy who was in South park? - he comments on people playing games online.

Comment

Only getting into Curb your Enthusiasm series now, still on season 1. Have only seen snippets before. Really really good. Does it maintain that quality throughout the series or dips? Basically want to know should I keep watching after season 1 and if there any seasons to avoid?
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                            Is that similar to that YouTube guy who was in South park? - he comments on people playing games online.
                                                                                            that guy makes all sorts of shit, would be a millionaire. People who stream themselves playing games can make 10s of thousands a month easy.

I dont really know what the guy above does but I think he just talks about games and plays them aswell, does different talks about gaming in general etc.

When watching a stream of a guy playing a game i saw hime get a $15000 tip. He got multiple 5/6 figure tips from the same guy over a while.

Comment

A write up in paper about Devilfish

Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Only getting into Curb your Enthusiasm series now, still on season 1. Have only seen snippets before. Really really good. Does it maintain that quality throughout the series or dips? Basically want to know should I keep watching after season 1 and if there any seasons to avoid?
                                                                                                Don't think I watched all the last season but remember it being great pretty much all the way.

The HBO Rome show is class as well whoever was asking recently.

Comment

All good
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It's 100% the best comedy show of all time the whole way through.

Comment

It's pretty pretty pretty pretty, pretty pretty, pretty good.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                        It's 100% the best comedy show of all time the whole way through.
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        It's pretty pretty pretty pretty, pretty pretty, pretty good.
                                                                                                        There was a moment, I think it was the episode with the picture of his Mother in Law's ass, when I was literally on the floor in convulsions of laughter trying to get a vhs tape in to the vcr so I could record the show because I was missing too much of it because of the laughing.

It must be time to start watching them again
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

April Fool.

Comment

Leon.

Comment

Leon.
                                                                                                              This, all good from what I've seen, but I've seen it in a very disjointed manner, just whenever I randomly catch it.
                                                                                                              The leon episodes are amazing. Liked the Seinfeld eps too

Comment

I like the fact that kayroo got an infraction for the most innocuous of posts.

lol boards mods, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  I like the fact that kayroo got an infraction for the most innocuous of posts.

lol boards mods, etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...6&postcount=40
                                                                                                                  lol at this, massive whoosh. How does he work it out asap yet still fall for it.

Ok, ok OP the link you're posting is this (found by going into the page source)

That's a relative link to your own facebook badge. Say for instance if I'm logged into Facebook it shows me... if someone else is logged into facebook it shows them and if they're not logged in at all it shows feck all. You need to post a link to the actual person's profile so we know who the feck you're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyone here watching The Flash
                                                                                                                    Yes its gotten a lot better as the season moved forward. The only thing I'd be worried about is that there are probably only 1-2 seasons at best. The pace of the show lives up to its name. I'm worried that they'll exhaust the best storylines quite fast. They don't hang around with any reveals!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Time travel will either knock this out of the park or ruin the show when/if timelines change. It also may extend the show's life. Mark Hamill was amazing as the Trickster. I am your father

Comment

lol at this, massive whoosh. How does he work it out asap yet still fall for it.
                                                                                                                      Ya, I nearly physically facepalmed when I read it. He must be a vulcan.

Comment

CHD think you are needed in the irish open thread to remind them of how good the network is

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                          CHD think you are needed in the irish open thread to remind them of how good the network is
                                                                                                                          I've been telling people iPoker is muck and Paddy Power are more interested in their ''banter'' than customer support for years m8.

One more time I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X