This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
    I'll remember ye all when you're gone m8s.
    Tell them I believe in none of it at me funeral m8.

Comment

Might be time to retire m8. Will mull it over at Darts.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
        ...On subject of religion...What happens if I was selected as a juror, and refused to place my hand on a bible, or refused to swear to god?... Is there another option or do they threaten you with contempt?...
        They won't force you to do it if you don't want to. Can't remember what exact procedure is but you can just affirm that you'll be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
          I'd nearly be willing to go vegan for a week for that
          on dar

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but the French journalist seems to be flirting with me. Googled her and she looks hot. Really underestimated what she is asking though. She went 'can we have a chat', next thing she's booking a flight here. Guess there's an expectation of wineing and dining her given we're meeting at half four?
          what is her name?

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Tell them I believe in none of it at me funeral m8.
          will do m8, i'll arrange everything.

Might be time to retire m8. Will mull it over at Darts.
          retire what from m8
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...On subject of religion...What happens if I was selected as a juror, and refused to place my hand on a bible, or refused to swear to god?... Is there another option or do they threaten you with contempt?...
            You affirm instead.

Comment

Speaking of golf. Alan Crookes will be running his usual majors comp for anyone interested. Pick 3 golfers with combined odds not greater than 200-1 and the team withcthe lowest score wins. €10 per team and max 2 teams per person. Last year prizepool for the masters was over 3k with 1700 up top. Will post here and on the golf thread with details for entry for those interested

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                I'd be a similar opinion to yourself in regards to the aul fairytales.
                And I don't plan on having kids. But if I ever did, I'd probably consider playing along with the charade simply to give every opportunity. Some people might call this hypocritical. But my logic is that it's not real, therefore therefore its meaningless.

Do you think taking a stand and not doing, even it its closes some doors, is the better option. As it avoids lending even false strength to their numbers.
                As I said, no nippers here, just curious as to your thoughts on my hypothetical.
                The thing is though, it closes doors I'm happy to close. I have a huge problem with communion and confirmation, in particular the time wasted on it.
                My friend's seven year old has spent the better part of this current school year learning prayers. That's an abomination, an absolute disgrace.

By sending her to an Educate Together school she has none of that, that time will be spent far more productively.
                I also want her to grow up thinking she's the same as everyone else, religion teaches the opposite.

Not lending false strength to their numbers is also a big part of our decision.

The inconvenience is a small price imo.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Future people will have a good giggle when they read that we used make people swear to tell the truth on a book of ancient fairytales.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                    on dar

what is her name?

will do m8, i'll arrange everything.

retire what from m8
                    Retire the "m8" concept. It's obviously way ahead of its time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      The thing is though, it closes doors I'm happy to close. I have a huge problem with communion and confirmation, in particular the time wasted on it.
                      My friend's seven year old has spent the better part of this current school year learning prayers. That's an abomination, an absolute disgrace.

By sending her to an Educate Together school she has none of that, that time will be spent far more productively.
                      I also want her to grow up thinking she's the same as everyone else, religion teaches the opposite.

Not lending false strength to their numbers is also a big part of our decision.

The inconvenience is a small price imo.
                      My mate's mrs. teaches in one of those schools. Sounds like they've gone too far the other way. Tarquin the long haired 7 year old allowed to call the teacher by the first name!
                      It's a fair point though. I do remember what a massive waste of time it was, but realistically it would mean one of us spending 2 hours a day in the car which is harsh.
                      Hopefully it'll be easy enough to opt out of that bullshit in a few years. I remember oul' Shabir used to be allowed to duck out of class every day back in 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...

will delete in a bit
                        Must every picture of Paris have the Eiffel Tower in the background?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 30-03-15, 22:11.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

probable shop, seems too cliche. Has she asked for money?
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              I remember oul' Shabir used to be allowed to duck out of class every day back in 1986.
                              I have a work colleague who disappears several times a day for 'prayers'.

Gaming the diversity in the workplace lark for all it's worth. wp
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So...Oct 11 France v Ireland RWC 4.45pm, Poland v Ireland Euro2016 qualifier 7.45pm. (probably posted already)

Comment

Mildly NSFW (cartoon nudity)

100 Year Old Man (Animated) Dana CarveyWARNING : CONTAIN CARTOON NUDITYWritten by Dana Carvey @danacarveyAnimated by Glenn O Neill @coponfilmsProduced By Fra...
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The beauty of not having to go to work, just booked this for 10 nights in October

Getting on alot better with my mother lately for some odd reason so the cost is halved, fuck it ill put up with her for that

En Suite Hotel Montana Club te esperamos para que disfrutes del maravilloso clima de Puerto del Carmen, junto a nuestro amigable equipo siempre dispuesto a complacerte.Vive una experiencia excepcional en nuestras nuevas suites totalmente renovadas con un diseño sencillo y moderno.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                      So...Oct 11 France v Ireland RWC 4.45pm, Poland v Ireland Euro2016 qualifier 7.45pm. (probably posted already)
                                      What the issue

One match will be over before the other start... Beside doubt that many care about the irish soccer team anymore.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        The beauty of not having to go to work, just booked this for 10 nights in October

Getting on alot better with my mother lately for some odd reason so the cost is halved, fuck it ill put up with her for that

http://montanaclub.es/
                                        Not to be rude or anything but what do you do with yourself in the daytime these days?

(Post motivated mainly by jealousy obv.)
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Not to be rude or anything but what do you do with yourself in the daytime these days?

(Post motivated mainly by jealousy obv.)
                                          sweet fuck all and no I am not bored yet. I am looking forward to lazing around all summer with two hols to take in the next 4 months. After that I am quite interested in gainful employment. Perhaps recycling
                                          now that Chanel refuses to come on hols its quite cheap for myself and Mia to take off, I plan to do alot of travelling with her eventually. it would be a dream actually
                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 31-03-15, 09:10.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Taking a day off tomorrow. Religious Holiday. Feast of Maximum Occupancy.
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              What the issue

One match will be over before the other start... Beside doubt that many care about the irish soccer team anymore.
                                              I assune it was a 'what a great Sundays sport it could be' post, rather than worrying about a time clash.

Comment

Rumbling's starting that Tiger will tee it up next week.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  I assune it was a 'what a great Sundays sport it could be' post, rather than worrying about a time clash.
                                                  When you assune, you make an ass out of 'u' and 'ne'

Comment

No, it was obviously a perfect time for Rugby snobbery, or so it seems. I'd hate to only watch a sport to complain about it, seems kind of pointless really. I tend not to watch sports I don't like, which seems weird to some I bet.

Comment

Yeah, thought that was obvious tbh. Seems it was not

Comment

Where is chadders and his embeded clips ? How is the 10 city tour going ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Rumbling's starting that Tiger will tee it up next week.
                                                          Ya he'll be playing, I'm sure. (HOPEFULLY! )

Have the revelations of his past steroid abuse come out yet??

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                            Ya he'll be playing, I'm sure. (HOPEFULLY! )

Have the revelations of his past steroid abuse come out yet??
                                                            Isn't that why he has been out? A suspension rather than an injury. They were the rumours anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              Where is chadders and his embeded clips ? How is the 10 city tour going ?
                                                              Regretting lack of food and sleep in Sally noggin. The embeddeds have been hype shite mostly. Dublin tomorrow should be cringe worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                Isn't that why he has been out? A suspension rather than an injury. They were the rumours anyway.
                                                                Rumours of a quiet suspension? Jesus.

Ive some magic beans m8. They grow a way out Wexford.give you first option.

Comment

Rumours of a quiet suspension? Jesus.

Ive some magic beans m8. They grow a way out Wexford.give you first option.
                                                                  Yes, didn't a guy on the tour do an Interview and flat out say it

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                    Yes, didn't a guy on the tour do an Interview and flat out say it
                                                                    Sure jesus gave himself up for our sins and all his mates wrote books.

Doesn't mean it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                      While claiming the dole though!
                                                                      Speaking of the dole, would my fiancee be eligible to start claiming the dole as she is currently job seeking. We are back in Ireland 2 weeks at the moment after being 3 years away. She has looked into it and seems that she is not eligible.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post

I've backed Oosthuizen ew at 66's last week.
                                                                          Good work, you've nailed it. The rest might as well not turn up, It's Louie's Masters and I'm buying a yacht with the money I'm going to win on him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                              What the issue

Ugh

Comment

HBO documentary aired last night about scientology called Going Clear currently available to view on YouTube not sure how long before it gets pulled so get viewing. Highly interesting stuff and I think with the religion debate that went on over the last day or so would be compelling stuff for a lot of folk.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Can someone who knows things about boxing explain why Mayweather is 1/2 against Pacquiao and drifting while Manny shortens? I thought Manny was on a steep downward trajectory over the last few years. He has injury rumours. I expected to be seeing closer to 1/10 on Floyd. I know nothing about boxing really so wondered if someone can fill me in a little.

Opr

Comment

Just read all the spoilers for the rest of house of cards that I'm not going to watch.Feel vindicated. Took a lot of character not to throw 5 more hours of my life away in the hope that the 32 I've already pissed away could be justified due to some genius pay off. It's like walking away from a roulette table with a cab fare after blowing a grand instead of being completely bust and having to walk.

Comment

Is HBO's Rome any good?

Comment

This goes back to what I was saying yesterday.
                                                                                        If you are genuinely atheist, as opposed to just being contrary for the sake of it, then swearing to a deity you don't believe in is about as outrageous request as putting your hand over the 1989 Xmas RTE guide and swearing to Gaybo.

That said, the citizenship ceremony for Australia gives you the option to omit the words "under god" from the affirmation. but I imagine that is more for so non-christian theist as opposed atheists.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          Can someone who knows things about boxing explain why Mayweather is 1/2 against Pacquiao and drifting while Manny shortens? I thought Manny was on a steep downward trajectory over the last few years. He has injury rumours. I expected to be seeing closer to 1/10 on Floyd. I know nothing about boxing really so wondered if someone can fill me in a little.

Opr
                                                                                          Drugs obv
                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Opr
                                                                                            People are retarded, Mayweather wins every round, might even catch him with one and knock him out

Comment

Opr
                                                                                              These same people had Ricky Hatton a 6/4 shot to beat Floyd

Comment

humanist celebrants must be coining it at the moment, €650 a pop and only 13 in the country! Worth it not to have to get a sex lecture from a paedo/paedo collaborator and I'm sure they probably shake you down for more anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  peanut butter stew at 1 am, this is the life.
                                                                                                  What's this stew?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                      Is HBO's Rome any good?
                                                                                                      Yep

Comment

Feel like the secret of good pasta is something worthy of passing to the next generation. Was brought up in a household where Dolmio was king, and horrific. Now we just boil a decent pasta, add streaky bacon, parmesan, butter, and done. Possibly the best regular meal in the world.

Sometimes peas, spring onions.
                                                                                                        Blasphemy for the bbv though.

Comment

Feel like the secret of good pasta is something worthy of passing to the next generation. Was brought up in a household where Dolmio was king, and horrific. Now we just boil a decent pasta, add streaky bacon, parmesan, butter, and done. Possibly the best regular meal in the world.

Sometimes peas, spring onions.
                                                                                                          steak mince, peppers, onions , mushrooms, a mountain and i mean mountain of garlic, small bit of chilli, half a tube of tomatoe puree, tin of chilli chopped tomatoes . loads of salt and pepper and Bob's your uncle. so simple and like that I lived for Dolmio until himself showed me the light lol
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Feel like the secret of good pasta is something worthy of passing to the next generation. Was brought up in a household where Dolmio was king, and horrific. Now we just boil a decent pasta...
                                                                                                              What's a decent pasta?
                                                                                                              I'm not a big pasta person, rarely make or even eta it. So maybe I'm wrong here. But I imagine that any "secret pasta recipe" that uses dried pasta over fresh, homemade is missing a trick or two.

Comment

Oh nice. Yeah Dolmio is the supermarket aisle kid where you avert your eyes upon seeing it like a gf you forgot to call to say you were breaking up with her.

Had a thought yesterday that the only reason bolognese and its cousins became popular was because they were the most complicated dishes and therefore amenable to advertising a bottle of something to make the process easier. There was no-one to go (in my example): just add bacan, parmesan, and your done. It was too simple a recipe to popularise, given that popularisation is mainly done through ads.
                                                                                                                Same goes with burgers, never again will I buy a fucking prepacked burger. Ridiculous really
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      steak mince, peppers, onions , mushrooms, a mountain and i mean mountain of garlic, small bit of chilli, half a tube of tomatoe puree, tin of chilli chopped tomatoes . loads of salt and pepper and Bob's your uncle. so simple and like that I lived for Dolmio until himself showed me the light lol
                                                                                                                      This is pretty close to base for my chilli or mexican eggs. ExceptI roast the peppers, and use kangaroo mince.

There was no-one to go (in my example): just add bacan, parmesan, and your done. It was too simple a recipe to popularise, given that popularisation is mainly done through ads.
                                                                                                                      Mix an egg into the warm pasta and that's the basic carbonara recipe.
                                                                                                                      Mr. Dolmio wasn't really able monetise bacon, an egg and cheese, so they pawn off a jar of white gloop with a tiny hint of bacon and cheese instead.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 30-03-15, 23:40.

Comment

...

Comment

Used to eat pasta with those stir ins in college and talk about how I'd love to make my own sauce. Took me a couple of years to realise how easy it was. Love pasta now. So easy to throw a load of stuff in one pot with the pasta for a great dinner. Pasta bakes pasta salad I'd be lost without it
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X