Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching prime time about Elaine O hara. mobile phones one yr under water and they could still extract info from them amazing
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

[VINE][/VINE]
      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      A trip to sporting humiliation which we can turn into some kind of odd moral victory consisting of going on the lash in furren parts for two weeks.

See Poland 2012 for historical precedent.
      Beats this autumns hypefest, where we could send the women's team over to see us through the group stages, and over half the teams are just their to be humiliated by their betters.
      Last edited by Guest; 29-03-15, 21:43.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Scots have ROI (A), Georgia (A), Germany (H), Poland (H) and Gibraltar (A).

If we pick up 10 points which includes beating Scotland next time out then the Scots need 9 from last 4 games. Will need to beat Poland or Germany.

We are playoff chasing now imo.
        Scots likely to drop points in Georgia?

So, if we can beat Scots at home, will prob have to win in Poland otherwise playoffs?

Sure we'll draw the hell out of the playoffs & get through on penos anyway

Comment

I'd take playoffs now .
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Scots likely to drop points in Georgia?

So, if we can beat Scots at home, will prob have to win in Poland otherwise playoffs?

Sure we'll draw the hell out of the playoffs & get through on penos anyway
            Doubt they will drop points to them, if they do then we are laughing. Georgia could fuck up Polands hopes too. A weird result for Germany could blow everything wide open too.

What I have typed out will see us finish ahead of Scotland which means we are still in with a shout of having a fun summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Why are the chavs cheering now?
              Haven't Eire just been knocked out of the competition ? Is it because they can't count ?
              Ah here, there are no chavs in ireland. We have culchies, knackers, d4 heads, lolCork,
              dorts, Antos, druggies, sleeveens, skuts, geebags, and shitehogs. Now stop eating gick sambos.

enjoyable 2nd half , Wp ireland, took too long to bring on Long.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                I'd take playoffs now .
                Playoffs our Euro's anyway, getting through just a bonus

Comment

Could do with a favor from someone in this group, like when Armenia mullered Slovakia in Bratislava. Disappointing that Georgia haven't stepped up to the mark at all. We struggle to do the job ourselves against the teams around us.
                  Even the last 4 minutes after the goal was a wee bit disappointing and doesn't bode well for any expectations of us really going at Scotland from the start.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

What did ye decide re christening? (if you don't mind me asking). Its mad we even have to think about this make believe ceremony in a fairystory.
                      We're not christening her, it will cause some inconvenience re schooling but we feel strong enough about it to put up with that.

If she decides some day when she's capable of critical thinking to baptise herself that would be fine. That's how it should be.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        We're not christening her, it will cause some inconvenience re schooling but we feel strong enough about it to put up with that.

If she decides some day when she's capable of critical thinking to baptise herself that would be fine. That's how it should be.
                        She has a slightly older unchristened neighbour.

Comment

Hope I last to main event. Some bets for the craic:

Randy Orton 11/2
                          Roman Reigns 11/2
                          Mizdow 7/1
                          Bad News Barrett 25/1
                          Sting 4/1
                          Money in the Bank (No) - Evens

Comment

Comment

Comment

I was in church the other day for the first time I'd say in five years, I was sponsor at a confirmation of one of my cousins. Actually reading the text of the different chants is quite shocking, it's pure lunatic stuff.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I literally don't know anyone who goes to church. There's surely someone though.

Does anyone here still go to church regularly? Serious question, and would be interesting to know why.
                                    Weddings and funerals only, though there is enough of them. No baptisms, communions or confirmations.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      Weddings and funerals only, though there is enough of them. No baptisms, communions or confirmations.
                                      does it bother you that you will never experience some of the above, have you thought about it? just wondering
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        She has a slightly older unchristened neighbour.
                                        IPB playdate?
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          does it bother you that you will never experience some of the above, have you thought about it? just wondering
                                          Ah, I'd still take part in the afters and donate to the collection. Just wouldn't attend the church. Did once do godfather for a friends kid about 25 years ago, that was just silly.

Comment

Any links to Wrestlemania?

Comment

No drink served in the aviva today, pretty annoying, there was no searching
                                              And all the poles were drinking nagins,
                                              Do the guards think somone gonna drink one pint
                                              Of practically water and start a riot,
                                              Doubt this happened at the rugby fucking match.

Decent second half, thought holohan was excellent, trying to play
                                              All the time

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                Ah, I'd still take part in the afters and donate to the collection. Just wouldn't attend the church. Did once do godfather for a friends kid about 25 years ago, that was just silly.
                                                I worded that wrong, I meant you yourself will possibly never get the opportunity to see your own kids celebrating ( as its called ) the above. maybe too personal a question. often wondered that bar you do an Elton on it which I would imagine is extremely difficult
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Religion is just fantasy Michelle. I can celebrate the birth of my friends' children and mark their birthdays and other notable periods in their life. I don't need to see them take the makey-uppy ceremony where they are turned into cannibals or "confirm" that they believe in the Catholic faith when they're still too young to have a notion what they're doing.

Religions are just brainwashing cults. They cloak themselves in the language of morality, righteousness and understanding but all they care about is control.

I don't ever worry about missing out on bar-mitzvahs, communions or any other bullshit made up ceremony.

Religion is basically like the Secret only it's REALLY old and way more dangerous. It requires a complete lack of rational thought or, at least, an ability to suspend it when confronted with anything which is in conflict with the made up reality it forms.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                    Religion is just fantasy Michelle. I can celebrate the birth of my friends' children and mark their birthdays and other notable periods in their life. I don't need to see them take the makey-uppy ceremony where they are turned into cannibals or "confirm" that they believe in the Catholic faith when they're still too young to have a notion what they're doing.

Religions are just brainwashing cults. They cloak themselves in the language of morality, righteousness and understanding but all they care about is control.

I don't ever worry about missing out on bar-mitzvahs, communions or any other bullshit made up ceremony.

Religion is basically like the Secret only it's REALLY old and way more dangerous. It requires a complete lack of rational thought or, at least, an ability to suspend it when confronted with anything which is in conflict with the made up reality it forms.
                                                    I didnt mean that way , I posted after. Jaysus religon doesnt bother me . My dad is an Atheist all his life
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Seriously considering 20 dominoes franks red hot wings.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I worded that wrong, I meant you yourself will possibly never get the opportunity to see your own kids celebrating ( as its called ) the above. maybe too personal a question. often wondered that bar you do an Elton on it which I would imagine is extremely difficult
                                                        Possibly? Not something I ever wanted or even dreamed about. I wouldn't even be comfortable with taking care of a dog, or even small rodents. I've considered fish, like small aquarium thingy, and I'm still unsure I could do that well

Comment

Doing an Elton m8.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                            No drink served in the aviva today, pretty annoying, there was no searching
                                                            And all the poles were drinking nagins,
                                                            Do the guards think somone gonna drink one pint
                                                            Of practically water and start a riot,
                                                            Doubt this happened at the rugby fucking match.

Decent second half, thought holohan was excellent, trying to play
                                                            All the time
                                                            Its not the gardai, its a UEFA rules that no alcohol can be served at any competitive games. Not sure how strictly it is enforced elsewhere but we toe the line.
                                                            It was like that in Poznan and Gdansk which slightly surprised me, thought the free-spirited Poles might ignore it especially with such a high presence from the official sponsors Carlsberg. But only alcohol free stuff was available.

Comment

I didnt mean that way , I posted after. Jaysus religon doesnt bother me . My dad is an Atheist all his life
                                                              Sorry, recently annoying topic of discussion for me. Shouldn't have leapt on to that high horse. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                Sorry, recently annoying topic of discussion for me. Shouldn't have leapt on to that high horse. Apologies.
                                                                ah shur Kayroo gonna Kayroo

The length of that post an all
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  You got a stream bro?

Comment

ah shur Kayroo gonna Kayroo

The length of that post an all
                                                                    I can't help it, being long is just.... in my nature

SPOILER

Comment

Love it !

What if people actually wanted to be in gary glitters gang?

Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Did you have any blowback on that decision?

I'd imagine none, as when we pussied out and did the Church of Ireland rebel route which no-one in the family was into, they barely said a word except to remark how much nicer the ceremony was compared to Catholicism. We've never touched down in a church of any kind since though obv except for my aunts funeral.

No, nothing to my face anyway. My immediate family are well used to my atheism, they would express shock if we baptised her. Judy's family are atheist too.

I've always stated that when I had children they wouldn't be catholic and I've had debates with people who disagree. The most infuriating argument these people make is this claim that I'm forcing my 'beliefs' on my child.

I'm doing the exact opposite.

It always annoys me how ignorant people are of the definition of atheism.

Comment

The most infuriating argument these people make is this claim that I'm forcing my 'beliefs' on my child.
                                                                          Amazing!

Comment

No, nothing to my face anyway. My immediate family are well used to my atheism, they would express shock if we baptised her. Judy's family are atheist too.

I've always stated that when I had children they wouldn't be catholic and I've had debates with people who disagree. The most infuriating argument these people make is this claim that I'm forcing my 'beliefs' on my child.

I'm doing the exact opposite.

It always annoys me how ignorant people are of the definition of atheism.
                                                                            but all THOSE others forced their beliefs on their kids , the mind boggles
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

My mudder is very religous but when the wee man was born we agreed not to be hyprocrites by christening him as we are not fans of the church. We did however have a name calling party in the poteen still and announced his godparents although we called it something else clever which slips me now.
                                                                              My old dear never questions me on it but I think she is a wee bit disappointed. When the other kids are off making their communion and comfirmations we will take him somewhere special . If God wants to complain to me about this I will expect him to explain all the horrible and unjustified pain that occurs in the world. Like Lolpool winning the CL in 2005.
                                                                              One things for sure, if Lazares kid grows up and tries to trick my boy into a wedding she better be happy with trip to vegas.

PS Kayroo is the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                You got a stream bro?
                                                                                Got the network.
                                                                                Streams in the usual spots though.
                                                                                Try crickfree or livefootballol (usually a good ace stream link)

Comment

PS Kayroo is the devil.
                                                                                  Fact

Comment

but all THOSE others forced their beliefs on their kids , the mind boggles
                                                                                    They never seem to grasp it when I make that counter argument.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      IPB playdate?
                                                                                      Both fathers are church hating guitar wankers, the playdate could descend into a fisher price jamming session and ruin it for everyone else who just wanna meet up , eat liga, drink juice and generally drool over each other.

Comment

Comment

One things for sure, if Lazares kid grows up and tries to trick my boy into a wedding she better be happy with trip to vegas.

.
                                                                                          Her Da will be anyhoo

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  Order 40 m8. Might stick this Wrestlemania lark on. Need to bet a pound with someone to make it intereresting.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

read that as cricfree sex
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                      Order 40 m8. Might stick this Wrestlemania lark on. Need to bet a pound with someone to make it intereresting.
                                                                                                      Will have a £ on Daniel Bryan in this first one m8. You can have the field.

Comment

I wouldn't consider seeing my kids celebrating getting inducted into a glorified (pun intended) deluded paedo ring an opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                          I wouldn't consider seeing my kids celebrating getting inducted into a glorified (pun intended) deluded paedo ring an opportunity.
                                                                                                          I didnt mean it that way..... Sigh
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Turks head is a total kip imo. Go round the corner to The Liquor Rooms Longue imo, get the cocktail with a shit tonne of pepper on it. Post pictures.

Comment

I'd be a similar opinion to yourself in regards to the aul fairytales.
                                                                                                                  And I don't plan on having kids. But if I ever did, I'd probably consider playing along with the charade simply to give every opportunity. Some people might call this hypocritical. But my logic is that it's not real, therefore therefore its meaningless.

Do you think taking a stand and not doing, even it its closes some doors, is the better option. As it avoids lending even false strength to their numbers.
                                                                                                                  As I said, no nippers here, just curious as to your thoughts on my hypothetical.

I'm sure Lazare could give the child a chance of affirm his believes when they are older, and they could celebrate that affirmation just like a confirmation.
                                                                                                                  Most kids don't celebrate a baptism, they just lie there farting and crying. ?No not missing much except a massive bill for sandwiches.
                                                                                                                  I don't think being able to finally eat bread on your own when your 8 deserves much celebration. Personally I'd be aiming for 3 at the latest.

Comment

watching prime time about Elaine O hara. mobile phones one yr under water and they could still extract info from them amazing
                                                                                                                    Yet if your phone is 20ft from a boiling kettle the fucking thing dies and some cunt in the carphone warehouse accuses you of free diving to 100m while using it to take photos of basking sharks and tells you insurance doesn't cover water damage, you need to fork out another 500 bucks for a new phone please.

Comment

Yeah but is he a catholic atheist or a protestant atheist?

Comment

peanut butter stew at 1 am, this is the life.

I wouldn't get my child baptised, it's coming to the end, hopefully, of it mattering with people objecting. It would never change otherwse. Tough choice whether to struggle with your childs schooling for something you think is wrong or just go witht he status quo for an easy ride. Lots in the news recently, even Enda meeting Atheist Ireland (lols).

I can see where you are coming from Mellor, it's just not realistic for some people to object, easier in Dublin and even then loads of people don't have a clue where their child is going to go to school because they are the bottom of every list.. 1,700 of the State’s 3,200 primary schools are in areas where there is no alternative to a religious one. It's not just atheist children, it is non-Catholic children.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          I can see where you are coming from Mellor, it's just not realistic for some people to object, easier in Dublin and even then loads of people don't have a clue where their child is going to go to school because they are the bottom of every list.. 1,700 of the State’s 3,200 primary schools are in areas where there is no alternative to a religious one. It's not just atheist children, it is non-Catholic children.
                                                                                                                          This is my thinking really, I don't care about the religion at all. So I don't see the need to close school options for the sake of an establishment I don't care about.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X