This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Where would be a good spot in Dublin to grab some dinner for a group of 10 (6 adults and 4 kids) the Saturday after next? Maybe not even a restaurant, possible a hotel/pub. Doesn't have to be city centre. Any recommendations?
    I would suggest Carnegie Court Hotel in Swords for a group you mention. Very family friendly and spacious. No problem getting you all on the one table. Free onsite parking. Decent grub and very reasonable too. I ate there with a similar size group before and it ticked all the boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Car types... 2011 hyundai i30 1.6 diesel €11,950. 37k miles. Thoughts? Am clueless when it comes to cars.

Colour = silver
      Decent motor, economical, safe, drives well, you can't really go wrong in that category if that's what you are looking for. The higher end Jap and German stuff is a but pricey and Hyundai and Kia are definitely a better choice than anything french (Renault, Citroen, Peugeot etc.) Not sure on the price as I haven't been in the Irish game for a couple of years but it sounds ok. Just try and look for something with good history if you can, i.e. not an ex rental, privately owned, one owner if you can, preferably one the service department has seen back at least twice in 4 years, should be plenty around.

Is the 37k in miles on the clock? i.e. UK import, or is it that it's just advertised that it has 37k miles because the person selling has converted it from kms to miles to make it look lower? i.e. the clock is in kms and it has 60k kms on it.

Comment

Reading about the Knox case. She had to be involved? Whether she helped or coerced the rudy guy.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Eh

Dwyer was threatened by fellow inmates in Cloverhill Prison last weekend, who shouted abuse at him, calling him a rapist and murderer.
          Not sure whats 'eh' about it. He had 3 bail hearings a year ago and got refused at each inc the Supreme Court. Bail for a murder charge can be difficult to get so he has spent the last year on remand (relatively cush jail as still officially innocent at that time). That time will usually count as a served part of his sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
            Decent motor, economical, safe, drives well, you can't really go wrong in that category if that's what you are looking for. The higher end Jap and German stuff is a but pricey and Hyundai and Kia are definitely a better choice than anything french (Renault, Citroen, Peugeot etc.) Not sure on the price as I haven't been in the Irish game for a couple of years but it sounds ok. Just try and look for something with good history if you can, i.e. not an ex rental, privately owned, one owner if you can, preferably one the service department has seen back at least twice in 4 years, should be plenty around.

Is the 37k in miles on the clock? i.e. UK import, or is it that it's just advertised that it has 37k miles because the person selling has converted it from kms to miles to make it look lower? i.e. the clock is in kms and it has 60k kms on it.
            Ya that's whats on the clock. Full service history and one owner. Garage sale and its the garage that originally sold the car when new

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
              A good watch but HBOs Paradise Lost series will take a lot of beating in my opinion when it comes to that type of show.
              Don't think i am familiar with that series, i shall look into it.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

The eh bit is wondering how that counts as abuse!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  Don't think i am familiar with that series, i shall look into it.
                  I think it has got a good few recommendations from individuals on here.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

That's a surprise no? Remember Henry17 was quite adamant about her guilt.
                    Twoplustwo thread pretty outraged alright. Fuck Henry though, he's a smart guy but really in that thread he was just a guy who read the original guilty judgement in full and decided it was inarguably correct.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The eh bit is wondering how that counts as abuse!
                      Ah fair enough. I guess he was still innocent at the time so it was sort of abusive, and he still hasn't been convicted of any rapes, so errrr I don't know.

We should make him an IPB cause - examine the evidence and come up with wild unsubstantiated theories of our own that fly in the face of all logic, write to the papers about it and do small protests outside the Dail and courts, maybe one of the girls can penpal him.

Comment

From discussing Serial; following the AK case the past few years and following the Dwyer case I think that - all things being equal - people generally presume people charged with murder are guilty until proven innocent and they LOVE circumstantial evidence or any lies a defendant is caught on. Am I being unreasonable? I presume this is the brain drip of a million TV and film examples where a killer is eventually caught out despite the lack of a clear initial case?
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ya that's whats on the clock. Full service history and one owner. Garage sale and its the garage that originally sold the car when new
                          Perfect, that's exactly what I look for in a car that young and I don't mind paying a bit extra for a vehicle with that history.
                          When it's a car a bit older I don't expect full main dealer service history although it's a bonus if you do find an older car with it.
                          I assume you get a 12 month warranty with it, although it's probably still covered under the manufacturers warranty for a while, I think Hyundai give a 5 years with their vehicles.

Comment

gorrrdon, what you said about the french cars is correct, they are oil eating surrender engines.
                            I'm driving my laguna into the ground then never venturing in that market again.

Another more important issue and probably one kev needs to take into consideration
                            Airplane noises.
                            I'll no longer pull a scorny face at the airplane watchers out by Dublin Airport. it's now clear to me what they are really doing. ie learning the different sounds of the planes as they land so they can mimic it when feeding their fussy eating toddler. I of course do not need this type of observational training but my other half fails miserably. All of her planes sound like the crushers in the back of the old style bin lorries. I also do an excellent 'dinosaur eating a water protestor' noise.

Comment

ah aldi, you are the best. 10kg of food for less than 4e. It's hard to get that stuff anywhere else with that. Costs about 4 times that in Tesco.

Comment

Comment

I see channing tweeting about its sad for Dave devilfish. That he made good contribution to poker. Is he dead. Am on phone and connection bad

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                    I see channing tweeting about its sad for Dave devilfish. That he made good contribution to poker. Is he dead. Am on phone and connection bad
                                    Colon Cancer and not looking good.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Real thriller in croker...

Comment

Real thriller in croker...
                                        Yeah and it's fooling freezing 35 mins of my life I am never getting back. Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          gorrrdon, what you said about the french cars is correct, they are oil eating surrender engines.
                                          I'm driving my laguna into the ground then never venturing in that market again.

Another more important issue and probably one kev needs to take into consideration
                                          Airplane noises.
                                          I'll no longer pull a scorny face at the airplane watchers out by Dublin Airport. it's now clear to me what they are really doing. ie learning the different sounds of the planes as they land so they can mimic it when feeding their fussy eating toddler. I of course do not need this type of observational training but my other half fails miserably. All of her planes sound like the crushers in the back of the old style bin lorries. I also do an excellent 'dinosaur eating a water protestor' noise.
                                          Lol, you're not wrong m8.

Comment

Found old photo of my fathers rowing team from 1985. They won 48 first places in one season, haha. (next to beardy man)

SPOILER

48, that's hilarious. No wonder the garage is full of fecking trophies.
                                            Btw these were taken pretty much exactly 9 months before I was born.

tldr; I'm a rowing celebration.
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-03-15, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              On FB someone said he had Cologne cancer, thought it was some weird new cancer originating in a German city.
                                              Sad stuff, he is one of the personalities I always looked forward to seeing on LNP back in the 90's. Met him a couple of times and he was always good craic. Would like to think he has a chance to pull through but it doesn't sound good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                On FB someone said he had Cologne cancer, thought it was some weird new cancer originating in a German city.
                                                Sad stuff, he is one of the personalities I always looked forward to seeing on LNP back in the 90's. Met him a couple of times and he was always good craic. Would like to think he has a chance to pull through but it doesn't sound good at all.
                                                He had I suppose an extremely hard party lifestyle and i am sure contributed to this. I have had many an abusive chat with him on FB he would be locked, and the following morning without fail he would send a message saying he was sorry and was only having the crack and that i was mad cunt and he thought I could take it. all the shit really was a front , he is actually a decent chap and quite nice behind that tough exterior . When I think of that pm he sent me out of the blue to get my liver checked he obv knew then he had left something too late. its very very sad and he has a little child too.
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Very sad indeed but oh the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    Very sad indeed but oh the irony.
                                                    whats that mean, dont understand the word irony
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Didnt realise our match against Poland was a 7:45 kick off tomorrow. Strange call, asking for crowd trouble there.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Means something made of iron.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          Means something made of iron.
                                                          I googled it and am still lost lol I know the word obv but never really knew what it meant
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Some people think hes a bit of an arsehole perhaps?
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

It's 10k spoons when you need a knife. Or it's writing a sing called ironic that actually isn't at all.

Comment

It's 10k spoons when you need a knife. Or it's writing a sing called ironic that actually isn't at all.
                                                                It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife

Comment

ah but shur lots prob think the same of me but at the end of the day no family wants to lose someone through an illness, its sad no matter what, and unless you have met or know someone personally its wrong to judge , which I am sure we are all guilty of
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Car types... 2011 hyundai i30 1.6 diesel €11,950. 37k miles. Thoughts? Am clueless when it comes to cars.

Colour = silver
                                                                    I'll sell you a 2014 Ford Focus 1.6 diesel with 6k kilometers on it for €17000. It's a commercial though so only two seats

Also Silver
                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        #showerthought our kids will be looking at pictures of us from around now in 20/30 years time going 'wow that's mad, look at what he used to look like / do'
                                                                        My kids favourite starting phrase to their questions is 'in the olden days, did you do xyz....'

We have established thus far in the olden days that there was no internet, no tablets, no LUAS, no DARTs, teachers were allowed smack kids and tvs had no remote controls.

A world beyond comprehension.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          Didnt realise our match against Poland was a 7:45 kick off tomorrow. Strange call, asking for crowd trouble there.
                                                                          UEFAs call on the kickoff times under the new central scheduling so the FAI/Gardai are in the clear on that score anyway.
                                                                          UEFA seem to put the marginally more attractive/competitive games on in the later slot when they fall on Saturdays and Sundays. But agreed it looks to have potential to be trouble.

Comment

Possibility for trouble no matter what time the game was at since the Polish got thousands of home tickets.

Comment

RE Devilfsh.

knocked him out of last years IO.

Very interesting hand which I thought I played very well.

SPOILER
                                                                              AA > KK AIPF

(He knew I had it )

Comment

Possibility for trouble no matter what time the game was at since the Polish got thousands of home tickets.
                                                                                Yeah but when you add a whole day of drinking the possibility becomes a whole lot greater.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Close. It was more
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  for someone who is so full of shit...

No offence intended obviously.

Comment

Looper is such a breath of fresh air when compared to the majority of big budget fare in the cinemas these days.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Yeah this and the complete and utter humiliation of #TeamHarpy makes it a pretty good time to be a rationalist:

Hopefully the more moderate lefties will start to peg back their lunatic fringe in the next few months. They truly are the Tea Party of the left.
                                                                                      Looks like there's a lot of pushback going on atm. Even Bill Maher is getting stuck in:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                        Looper is such a breath of fresh air when compared to the majority of big budget fare in the cinemas these days.
                                                                                        Yeah, JGL is doing some good stuff lately and Willis was on great form, best thing he's done since 12 Monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Yeah but when you add a whole day of drinking the possibility becomes a whole lot greater.
                                                                                          The Irish and Polish will be well able to get plenty of drink into them no matter what time the kickoff tbf.

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              While you're here. Romeo and Juliet at the Gate, is it on for junior cert students? Would like to go, but worried it will be filled with 14 year olds, and I'll look like Gary Glitter/Savile.
                                                                                              Hmmm. Didn't really like that at all. Way too much 'modern' music not adding anything to it imo. Ffs, they used Dire Strait's 'Romeo and Juliet' three times.

Thankfully the average age of the audience was about 40
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is it 'spring back, and fall forward' , or 'spring forward, and fall back'? I fall in all directions, and springs are kinda omnidirectional too.
                                                                                                Last edited by ComradeCollie; 29-03-15, 01:11.

Comment

Is it 'spring back, and fall forward' , or 'spring forward, and fall back'? I fall in all directions, and springs are kinda omnidirectional too.
                                                                                                  Ah. This is why I feel like I was abducted and lost a chunk of time.

Comment

Ah. This is why I feel like I was abducted and lost a chunk of time.
                                                                                                    Doesn't mean you weren't m8

Comment

Decided at 12.30 to head into town. So happy I did. The band are fucking class. They're called Amazing Apples and they're a 5 piece that add a bit of Irish to rock covers and add a bit of rock to Irish covers. Fantastic.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

FU BBV for depressing me.

Chat about 1985 and it being 9 mths before they were born.......FFS I was 21

I am getting here fast

Comment

Kinda tempted.

Where would one procure this?
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                            FU BBV for depressing me.

Chat about 1985 and it being 9 mths before they were born.......FFS I was 21
                                                                                                            That we get to grow old is one of the most incredible things, it was something that was denied to all but a privileged elite (and statisical luckboxes) for all of mankinds history until as recent as two centuries ago. Enjoy it and embrace it.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              Some serious leaks 100 percent pinning him to murder imo. No cause of death is a good start among other things.He In my very limited knowledge and from the evidence is have read I'd think he has a good shot at appeal.
                                                                                                              Double or quit m8?

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Yeah but his whole foot is prosthetics, why just focus on the toe. Also none of it is rubber, that would be a woeful prosthetic material. I'm calling you out Mr Raoul.
                                                                                                              I first heard that joke when I were but a lad, and have told it maybe a dozen times or more over the years as it tends to come to mind once in a while.

I've always known it to be far more simple (keep in mind that it is better heard than read)

Q What do you call an Italian with a rubber toe?
                                                                                                              A: RobbbbbbbbbbbbberTO!

fín

I only recently knew this was available. https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0/ Quite sad for me, the same circulatory routes I go around in.
                                                                                                              Well that is somewhat disturbing, how do I turn that shit off? I think I thought I had it off. Is there anything to be gained?

ah but shur lots prob think the same of me but at the end of the day no family wants to lose someone through an illness, its sad no matter what, and unless you have met or know someone personally its wrong to judge , which I am sure we are all guilty of

Judging ppl is gr8. And if they are all over tv, the scene, you've observed it, people you know well have encoutered them, on youtube and they generally make an absolute arse of themselves - then I think you can make a reasonable judgement as to whether they are your sort of person.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

It is always fall back, you can't really fall forward. Think of it in militery terms.
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

dammit, not the score I was hoping to wake up to

Aus will stroll it from here

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    dammit, not the score I was hoping to wake up to

Aus will stroll it from here
                                                                                                                    Ya esp with Warner being Warner. Good hurling later mind

Comment

Was the Late Late rumour on Friday meant to be JPO'B announcing his retirement? Surely can't defy biology any longer.

Comment

Clarke and Smith to cruise home from here.

Comment

Bad result in the Dwyer case for the justice hipsters
                                                                                                                          Thankfully there was none on the jury

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X