• Show
Clear All

*insert homer gif here*

There you go Rigger. As promised.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dobby; 31-07-14, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
      ...Just wondering with regards depositing into paddy power and stuff...I'm aware that when your going for a mortgage or something, that they check your bank stuff for previous 3 years, and gambling is a big no no...Would anyone know if you use your credit card, would it be better worse or still the same?...
      I thought it was only 6 months wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
        You seem to be confusing this with a blood test 'Bodybuilder'.

Comment

...It may not be 3 years but definitely closer to 3 years than 6 months...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Nope, I considered popping along to it earlier but I fell asleep instead. I can resist a Waiting for Godot, not so much with an Endgame.

Limiting my theatre in August (due to September being theatre overload with theatre festival and fringe) to this:
            Theatre in the heart of Dublin, Ireland. The latest stand-up, music gigs, concerts and entertainment touring Ireland. Dame St, Central City. Opposite Dublin Castle, 5 mins walk from Grafton Street, 15 mins walk from O'Connell Street.

I have recently taken to watching National Theatre Live in the cinema. Saw a splendid production from The Globe of Midsummer Night's Dream on Monday, and a wonderful Macbeth from The Globe a few weeks ago.
            Thanks for this, I need a hotspur theatre report fairly regularly I think.

Endgame?

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            This is all very nice aspirational stuff. That bears no resemblance to the reality.

The Palestinians had a deal. As good a one as they are ever going to get. And Arafat chose to walk away and go down the road that brought you such hits as Intifada I, Intifada Returns, Gaza, Gaza II (Revenge of Hamas upon Fatah), Gaza Redux and now Gaza Remastered. They chose this road. Israel's response to threat has always been the same and there are very solid historical reasons for this.

Hamas have no interest in peace, to them it's merely a tactic for rearming and digging more tunnels. If they actually cared about the welfare of their electorate, tbey would stop shooting and stop digging. Then you might see schools and the whole nine yards. Until their focus changes from exterminating Jews to looking after their own people, nothing will change however.

Jordan and Egypt have learnt this lesson already.
            It's not that it is aspirational or removed from reality, it is a situation agnostic solution on how to manipulate people. As contentedness increases unrest decreases. With less people joining there will be less support. The main objective is how to make the people not want hamas and killing is the one thing furthest flung from that.

It doesn't matter who did what, what matters is what x thing could be done to change things. Hamas have no interest in peace as you say, but who are Hamas? How do we get rid of them? They are normal citizens, kill one and two will replace them, that is how it works. Have a bloody Sunday every week and that bolsters feelings of the people so far that they will join. If the people don't want their own resistance, there is no resistance.
            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 31-07-14, 19:49.

Comment

...It may not be 3 years but definitely closer to 3 years than 6 months...
              It is six months for the majority of banks for mortgages.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                ...ah...I stand corrected...was sure its between 2-3 years...

Comment

with all these games of sheep going on as of late, who is gonna get the ball rolling with an auld game of werewolves?
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Its only fair that we wait for Flushdraw to come home from holidays to mod it.

Comment

I'm up da walls at the moment and dunno can i play WW.

Was at a physic convention and it costs 50 quid to get your fortune read for half an hour! Fuck me down, seems like a good gig or sideline to get into.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                        You seem to be confusing this with a blood test 'Bodybuilder'.
                        Originally posted by elbows View Post
                        You stand corrected darwin, don't cop an attitude with me son, I'd be more than willing to go man-to-man with you in the gym or the street anytime.

Comment

I'm up da walls at the moment and dunno can i play WW.

Was at a physic convention and it costs 50 quid to get your fortune read for half an hour! Fuck me down, seems like a good gig or sideline to get into.
                          Tell us more about you.

Where are you from?
                          What age are you?
                          Do you even lift? bro?

Comment

DJ quits golf for a while. Drugs the 1/4 fav.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                              with all these games of sheep going on as of late, who is gonna get the ball rolling with an auld game of werewolves?
                              Quick rundown on the rules please?

Also, just finished season 4 of the wire and starting season 5. What a fucking show. So sorry I waited so long fo watch it

Comment

I don't even lift! I used to do a little bit when I was in my early 20s! I actually do a lot more cardio and core-work now, and don't do ANY weights.

Not gonna tell you the rest of the info because I don't want those damn NSA boys getting their hands on my info, but I'm in my late 20s and currently living in my hometown in the west of Ireland, having traveled the GLOBE in my life. Hopefully only a short pit-stop here :-(.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  Performance type or the good kind?
                                  airport, lol

Comment

I don't even lift! I used to do a little bit when I was in my early 20s! I actually do a lot more cardio and core-work now, and don't do ANY weights.

Not gonna tell you the rest of the info because I don't want those damn NSA boys getting their hands on my info, but I'm in my late 20s and currently living in my hometown in the west of Ireland, having traveled the GLOBE in my life. Hopefully only a short pit-stop here :-(.
                                    Are you a Joe Rogan fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                      Wow. This is basically the IDF narrative where the nice Israelis offered this great deal to the bad man Arafat that gave them everything they wanted and Arafat said no coz they want to exterminate all the Jews. Except in reality Israel were never serious about a two state solution. They have just used it as an excuse to make further strategic incursions into Palistinian land plus they are able say that the deal was rejected and the Arabs don't want peace. It's as clear as day that the Israelis don't want it either.
                                      here is a history of peace talks in the Middle East (from the BBC, so we can presume even-handedness)

it's a useful read:

Hamas and other Palestinian rejectionist groups did not accept Oslo and launched suicide bomb attacks on Israelis.
                                      However the Palestinian group Hamas, which had won parliamentary elections and taken control of the Gaza Strip, was not represented. It declared it would not be bound by anything decided.
                                      'rejectionist' is an excellent word to describe Hamas imo

now what is really needed is:
                                      • A moderate leader, with strong backing from the population on the Palestinian side plus a moderate leader on the Israeli side
                                      • 1967 borders (with some kind of compromise over Jerusalem)
                                      • Agreement from the EU and US to fund a Marshall Plan equivalent for Palestine

At the moment none of these conditions apply:

Palestine has always been badly served by its leaders.
                                      Take this charmer as an example. Under the inspired leadership of same, they gleefully threw in their lot with their Arab brethren in 1948, pledging to drive the Jews into the sea - and duly got their asses kicked.
                                      Arafat then appeared. What a strange and fucked-up individual he was - corrupt beyond belief and unable to articulate any kind of vision. Then, when the time came to make peace, he just couldn't bring himself to do it.
                                      Now we have Abbas, who is totally outflanked by the crazies in Hamas.

Israel likewise has been badly served by its most recent crop of leaders. Sharon was a great military leader who got out of hand and should have been imprisoned after Shatila. Unfortunately, the hardening of Israeli voter sentiment after the Intifadas got him elected and a man with that pedigree could never sit across the table from Palestinian representatives and deal.
                                      Likewise Netanyahu - a prisoner of the right. You have to look at popular support for the Gaza campaign in Israel - 85%+ want them to finish the job and destroy Hamas's infrastructure.
                                      Very little chance we get a Rabin in the next decade and thus the cycle will continue.

So there ya go. The Israelis have the resources and the will (while the Yanks back them - which they will in perpetuity) to last out whatever those medieval maniacs in Gaza throw at them. They also couldn't give a fuck about Western liberal types who know little of the historical background but like to use Palestine as their pet cause for elevating themselves to the moral high ground, their favourite resting place. Strangely enough, this indignation doesn't transfer itself to the likes of the murderers in Russia or Syria. Hypocrisy gone wild.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        Performance type or the good kind?
                                        No idea tbh. Just speculating. Good kind prob.

Comment

The commentators know what it is, saying stuff like 'this kind of thing' and 'widespread'

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Endgame?
                                            It's another Beckett play, my favourite play, Beckett's favourite of his work too.

"Endgame" (2000).Director: Conor McPhersonWriter: Samuel BeckettStarring: David Thewlis and Michael Gambon.Hamm is blind and unable to stand; Clov, his serva...

Comment

hi guys

someone posted here a few months bacm (maybe more) about a free photoshop editor, it might have been new to the market, does anyone know what's its called or links please

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                hi guys

someone posted here a few months bacm (maybe more) about a free photoshop editor, it might have been new to the market, does anyone know what's its called or links please

thanks
                                                You're a gimp
                                                airport, lol

Comment

hi guys

thanks
                                                  Ya Gimp.

Comment

You stand corrected darwin, don't cop an attitude with me son, I'd be more than willing to go man-to-man with you in the gym or the street anytime.
                                                    I bet my dad could kick the shit out of your dad.

Comment

He looks perma stoned in interviews. Fond of columbian marching powder I have heard.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        What is this I don't even...

SPOILER
                                                        This judge , The Cock as we know him, is a most extraordinary character. I've known him all my life and the best way I can put it is that he never fails to surprise me with what he can get away with
                                                        He'd have no particular affinity with the Patricians that I'd know of other than probably representing them as a solicitor in Newbridge over the years, I'm fairly sure he went to school in the CBS Naas.

He has been a surprisingly effective and reasonably sane in his behaviour on the bench so far but I'd still make him. about a 1/5 shot to leave the job under a cloud before retirement.

This was one of his finest moments so far... Well second to the time he rented out a premises he owns to a guy who opened a head shop in it and had to use the courts to get him booted out. The Cock will deliver will be better in time, I'm sure of it.

This is how you can expect to be treated in court if judge John Coughlan is presiding on the day. The same tyrannical creature jailed an uninsured driver for...
                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-07-14, 21:12.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          You're a gimp
                                                          I googled that and it brought me to your profile page here???

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                            I bet my dad could kick the shit out of your dad.

Just fucking with you bro you're a good skin.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            Are you a Joe Rogan fan?
                                                            Well if I answered that question in the affirmative, those NSA boys would definitely throw my ass in a cage.

Comment

I googled that and it brought me to your profile page here???
                                                              pen island.com is a better free one

Comment

It really blows that he'll miss the PGA and Ryder Cup anyway.

Comment

All is fair in love and commercial litigation..

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    It really blows that he'll miss the PGA and Ryder Cup anyway.
                                                                    Oh I see...quite clever.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Yeah he's fucked too now like the rest of us.
                                                                      Just move from the world of unstable and unpredictable part time assistant lecturing to the world of unstable and unpredictable post-doc work. At least you get 12 months pay at a time

We're looking for post docs on a fairly regular basis... though perhaps not physics people really. Im sure the Dublin Unis and IoTs are doing the same.

Have you looked at some of the SFI early stage researcher stuff? There should be a research office there that would hold your hand through the process. There are other things too but I guess you wouldnt be in a position to pull in a PI grant or a TIDA award?
                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I wonder how long the 72 hour humanitarian ceasefire will last in Gaza? I think sub 5hrs

Comment

WOW....looks like season 3 of Scandal is going to be a cracker.

Comment

...Just wondering with regards depositing into paddy power and stuff...I'm aware that when your going for a mortgage or something, that they check your bank stuff for previous 3 years, and gambling is a big no no...Would anyone know if you use your credit card, would it be better worse or still the same?...

Forgive me if these are really obvious questions, but is there any advantages for me to set up a second bank account now? I doubt I'll be looking for a mortgage or loan for 5+ years, but would it be a good idea to have a 'clean' bank account, and another bank account that is used for depositing/withdrawing to gambling websites? Or does it not matter since they'll be looking at account histories for everything anyway.

Also, nearly all my deposits now are done through MoneyBookers (for those unfamiliar, you put money onto MoneyBookers using your card, but when depositing you have to tick a box 'These funds will be used for gambling websites' or 'These funds will be used for non-gambling websites'). Does this help at all, or can the bank tell all deposits are for 'gambling websites' anyway?
                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Was mentioned by his lawyers back when Vijay Singh was in a bit of bother that DJ could've been violating the PGA's drug regulations too, along with a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                Forgive me if these are really obvious questions, but is there any advantages for me to set up a second bank account now? I doubt I'll be looking for a mortgage or loan for 5+ years, but would it be a good idea to have a 'clean' bank account, and another bank account that is used for depositing/withdrawing to gambling websites? Or does it not matter since they'll be looking at account histories for everything anyway.

Also, nearly all my deposits now are done through MoneyBookers (for those unfamiliar, you put money onto MoneyBookers using your card, but when depositing you have to tick a box 'These funds will be used for gambling websites' or 'These funds will be used for non-gambling websites'). Does this help at all, or can the bank tell all deposits are for 'gambling websites' anyway?
                                                                                I've heard of people setting up second bank accounts but you're supposed to give statements for all your accounts.

I've heard skrill is earmarked as gambling transactions but I could be off the mark.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

I personally did it at the start of this year, even though I always use neteller there are a few statements at times so a clean bank account just for work slips/savings is a good idea for sure!
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Richard Dunne retires from International football.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Hi mdoug, I you
                                                                                        Not looking likely I'll be in tallinn until end of august, my friends there aren't around until then as are off travelling themselves.
                                                                                        On another note, I reckon you should watch Better Living through Chemistry
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

No real surprise that funerals suck donkey balls. Pretty scary that the guys in the funeral home have become familiar to me. Also, have gotten better at carrying a casket. Even though, I again got paired with someone 15cm shorter than me, no injurys.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Israel smashing Gaza to pieces before the ceasefire, young one in Gaza live blogging it basically https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  Israel smashing Gaza to pieces before the ceasefire, young one in Gaza live blogging it basically https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan
                                                                                                  Fuck sake that's crazy, surely if a ceasefire is agreed it starts immediately
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

The good stuff, not performance enhancing soft stuff. I remember a couple of years ago he was in Ireland and ended his night on Harcourt Street...

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                        The good stuff, not performance enhancing soft stuff. I remember a couple of years ago he was in Ireland and ended his night on Harcourt Street...
                                                                                                        Harcourt street? That crazy bastard.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

WTF ???? Do you pair ever sleep. ?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                              Have you looked at some of the SFI early stage researcher stuff? There should be a research office there that would hold your hand through the process. There are other things too but I guess you wouldnt be in a position to pull in a PI grant or a TIDA award?
                                                                                                              I applied for an SFI early grant and was told I wasn't eligible because I have an academic position (3 months lol). I applied for the more senior award and was told I wasn't eligible because you have to have a permanent academic position.
                                                                                                              I've a TIDA in at the moment so hoping for the best. If I get it I'd be in good shape to get a PI then as the work is good.

Comment

Urgent Tech Help Needed for Flushdraw

Hi there

Tony's laptop A Sony Vaio still playing up. It wont boot up at all. Safe mode not working and booting up with last known good config etc. All he is getting is a black screen with the arrow that can move with mouse.

I used the wizard to check the comp and no errors reporting. I just want to double check something (google not helping) before I do it.

If I do the F10 to go into recovery wizard and choose the factory setting choice. When the W7 recovery starts does it give me the option to Automatically fix something that is stopping window from booting option?

The eldest dropped the laptop out the bag last night so the first thing I am going to do is get hold of a screw driver and make sure it hasn't dislodged slightly although it prob isn't the case as it did the wizard tests.

There is an option to back up your data but I need to go get another external HDD to keep all his stuff. Obv if I can do a startup repair it would be better.

Just scared to press the button in case I lose everything on his laptop as he needs so much of it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I need my own laptop help thread

Cliffs : Don't buy a fking Sony Vaio, and don't trust kids to bring it in from the car

Comment

Something similar happened to my del laptop and it needs a new hard drive, sounds like same problem I'm afraid with black screen.

Comment

Israel and Hamas begin a 72-hour truce, but hours later several Palestinians die by Israeli fire in apparent response to a rocket attack.

Third video.

Comment

About a 20k pay decrease though from above-the-bar lecturer with few years experience to postdoc? Even with the social welfare months off. I think?

Physics setting up a postgraduate program is key long-term move. One of our Masters supports maybe seven full time jobs. The entire undergrad teaching maybe supports four staff. Plus you can create as many posts as you want with non-gov funding like Masters, with only undergrad funding you're waiting for an existing staff member to retire or die.
                                                                                                                        Erm.. to be fair I was assuming he was on part time AL which isn't all that. But even for someone a few years into AL a post doc should pay better than forced 3 months of summer holidays without pay. Maybe we pay our post-docs too much?

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        I applied for an SFI early grant and was told I wasn't eligible because I have an academic position (3 months lol). I applied for the more senior award and was told I wasn't eligible because you have to have a permanent academic position.
                                                                                                                        I've a TIDA in at the moment so hoping for the best. If I get it I'd be in good shape to get a PI then as the work is good.
                                                                                                                        If your TIDA is successful then the next step could be EI com-fund which is a big step up in terms of funds available and project duration.

Also LOL at not being eligible for SFI early stage! Is there anything H2020 you could get involved with? The Marie Curie stuff is continuing into H2020 from FP7. Though I guess you would need to be part of a "group" in your uni which probably would mean you need a permanent contract!
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Black velvet...

Guinness + Bulmers, never heard of it myself.
                                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X