This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read it.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Carverys are another thing i hate. Even the name carvery sounds awful.
      You pick your wet tray up, there is no such thing as a dry tray in a carvery as they always seem to be fresh out of the dish washer.
      Then your scanning the servers. Usually 2-3 people dressed as chefs holding knives way sharper than they need to be. And you know they are despising the dithering masses as they hurry them on, always the big hurry to get you out of the way. You feel under pressure to choose and as soon as your settling in with a couple of items on your plate and you think the guy is on the same lines as you he passes the plate to chef2 who is always a grumpier chef than the initial one and hes rushing you all over again.
      Its a terrible experience the carvery.

Comment

I have had Cork friends for many, many years and I still have no clue what they are trying to communicate when they say "How bad".

Was going to the Odeon at the Point earlier and got the Luas from Busaras. The people on it and getting on heading in that direction were the worst crowd of people I have ever come across. It was like being on a Paris metro with Chelsea fans. I was thinking fuck me what is on in the 3 Arena that is drawing this bunch. Turns out it was Premier League Darts.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          I have had Cork friends for many, many years and I still have no clue what they are trying to communicate when they say "How bad".

Was going to the Odeon at the Point earlier and got the Luas from Busaras. The people on it and getting on heading in that direction were the worst crowd of people I have ever come across. It was like being on a Paris metro with Chelsea fans. I was thinking fuck me what is on in the 3 Arena that is drawing this bunch. Turns out it was Premier League Darts.
          We'd get on great.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
              You pick your wet tray up, there is no such thing as a dry tray in a carvery as they always seem to be fresh out of the dish washer.
              Then your scanning the servers. Usually 2-3 people dressed as chefs holding knives way sharper than they need to be. And you know they are despising the dithering masses as they hurry them on, always the big hurry to get you out of the way. You feel under pressure to choose and as soon as your settling in with a couple of items on your plate and you think the guy is on the same lines as you he passes the plate to chef2 who is always a grumpier chef than the initial one and hes rushing you all over again.
              Go to browns barn, they give your bit o meat then let you take as much as you want from the veg etc, the only stipulation is you run a jcloth over the trays.

Speaking of da Darts Hotspur, a few years ago after a round of golf in city west my mate talked me into going to watch the fookin darts live. . I sat the drinking my pint then all of a sudden all these fat fuckers on a speedie downward descent to death started dancing on my table and singing that infernal tune , the one that makes ole ole ole sounds like a classical masterpiece. Wtf Darts people get off the fucking table . Gonna make a sign

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                1. people who breathe through their mouth
                2. people who sniffle and snuffle constantly instead of blowing their fucking nose

add your own....
                3. People using them effin big golf umbrellas when not playing golf!
                4. Waiting to enter traffic and drivers obviously looking away from you so as not to let you out.
                5. Using a finger to block one nasal passage and expel the other on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  When you are going through a door and say hi to the person coming the other way and they don't say hi back. What the fck is with that? (I haven't described this irritant quite right. Its not quite two people simply passing by each other, one saying hi and the other not responding, its that they don't respond when you are both in each others personal space out of necessity of the circumstance). Same deal when you are exiting a lift at the same time as another person is entering.
                  don't take it to heart, a lot of us are like the walking dead, I walked past da mudder in town one day and she roaring at me. I'd like to think that rather than people are just cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    1. people who breathe through their mouth
                    2. people who sniffle and snuffle constantly instead of blowing their fucking nose

add your own....
                    Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                    3. People using them effin big golf umbrellas when not playing golf!
                    4. Waiting to enter traffic and drivers obviously looking away from you so as not to let you out.
                    5. Using a finger to block one nasal passage and expel the other on the ground
                    I have only one and it makes me want to go up tap the fucker on the back of the head and say WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!!

ATM put card in arses about for ages, gets cash and fucking sticks the card back in AGAIN! why just why, drives me insane
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

heh, left work at about 7 and had the exact same thoughts.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        I have only one and it makes me want to go up tap the fucker on the back of the head and say WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!!

ATM put card in arses about for ages, gets cash and fucking sticks the card back in AGAIN! why just why, drives me insane
                        Interesting posts you've quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Interesting posts you've quoted.
                          why so?
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

why so?
                            I think I read it wrong.

I thought when you said you had only one you that (given the rest of your post) you meant you had only one bank card but you had quoted entirely the wrong posts when making your point.

I've just realised though that you meant you had only one pet peeve, so carry on.

I have about a million pet peeves so I won't even bother listing any of them.

Comment

People who call me and say they are just looking to touch base, reach out, get on my radar etc and proceed to dance around for a bit. Just get to the point in ordinary English. Pretty sure this pisses everyone of tho.

My smaller pet hate is cyclists who fly through junctions on the cycle lanes when they have a yellow light. This means green for pedestrian crossing and have nearly been killed a few times. Also cyclists who move ahead of cars at ordinary lights into the middle the pedestrian crossing lane.

My final annoyance is why do fresh herbs come in such large quantities and why does a mixed bag not exist.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                    People who call me and say they are just looking to touch base, reach out, get on my radar etc and proceed to dance around for a bit. Just get to the point in ordinary English. Pretty sure this pisses everyone of tho.

My smaller pet hate is cyclists who fly through junctions on the cycle lanes when they have a yellow light. This means green for pedestrian crossing and have nearly been killed a few times. Also cyclists who move ahead of cars at ordinary lights into the middle the pedestrian crossing lane.

My final annoyance is why do fresh herbs come in such large quantities and why does a mixed bag not exist.
                                    Cyclists.
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

anyone watching Happy Valley on RTE1 , I like it so far!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Also cyclists who move ahead of cars at ordinary lights into the middle the pedestrian crossing lane.
                                        That's inspired by the geniuses who paint a cycle lane, across the entire lane at most traffic lights. I'm more pissed at the 3% of cyclists that don't break red lights ( when it's safe to do so), and insist on slowing down all other traffic.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

My smaller pet hate is cyclists who fly through junctions on the cycle lanes when they have a yellow light.
                                          Cars do this as well, lots of pedestrian lights in Fingal where cars have an orange whilst pedestrians have a flashing green. Drivers (and cyclists) seem to see their orange as a go.
                                          Also cyclists who move ahead of cars at ordinary lights into the middle the pedestrian crossing lane.
                                          Hmmm, I actually do this on a bicycle but didn't realised it caused hassle if I do it slowly.
                                          Its a safety thing really - at a red light you don't want to be caught in the line between two lanes parallel to cars/vans/buses who may not be aware of you and whose indicator lights you cant see, so for security you go ahead of them which means nudging your way through the crossing pedestrians.

Comment

My biggest pet peeve is 'bluefuckingbottles'. Especially when you are lying half dead at 5 am on a sunny summers morning after a feed of drink (in the spare room mind you ) and you are not due to rise till 12.00. They always head for the ear. buzz buzz get the fook outa the bed buzz buzz, bet you can't kill me with a rolled up newspaper, buzz buzz.
                                            why do you have a sock beside you in the bed? buzz buzz
                                            Ya have to get up and kill the yoke , waking the whole house who think you have lost your mind with all the swatting and missing / racket. In the winter I sleep peacefully till the footie starts. Also cyclist who are not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              People who say 'them' instead of 'those'.

'Are you eating them carrots?'
                                              I'd be guilty of this one. Sorry.

Also occasionally guilty of 'are ya atin' thon carrit?'

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                This you?

An animation of comedian Suzy Eddie Izzard talking about his idea of the 'death star canteen'. Trans Rights.

Comment

I read a post earlier that I tawt was very good but I forgot to wrap a thanks around it. Now I've gone back to it and lots of peoples have thanked it I feel now it would look like I'd only be jumping on the bandwagon. The truth couldn't be further away but I'm not sure what to do now for the best. Fook it I'm gonna thank it.

Comment

PS Poker. FUCK Poker.

Comment

I read a post earlier that I tawt was very good but I forgot to wrap a thanks around it. Now I've gone back to it and lots of peoples have thanked it I feel now it would look like I'd only be jumping on the bandwagon. The truth couldn't be further away but I'm not sure what to do now for the best. Fook it I'm gonna thank it.
                                                      The words of a bandwagon jumper if ever I saw them!
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 26-03-15, 23:26.

Comment

Watching the +1 of the Cameron Milliband thing, turned it on late, Milliband came across well imo

Paxman came across as a childish bullying cuntbag

Comment

Comment

Must head, but a last thought after a month off cigs (one two-day hiccup aside, eek, but quickly recovered from without any hassle).

You just do not notice you aren't smoking with the vape. I can't imagine ever choosing cigarettes again after making the switch. Its a vastly better experience. Really you aren't actually quitting, but more upgrading to a deluxe more enjoyable model of nicotine inhalation. And long may it continue.

Says a lot though for the power of this new connected society. There was govs and pharma pouring billions into nicotine replacement over decades, and then this cottage industry sprung up almost overnight and overpowered them all.
                                                            well, you see, it's like this. This looks like a town full of assholes.

Comment

anyone watching Happy Valley on RTE1 , I like it so far!
                                                              No but see it on BBC last year or ITV
                                                              yes it was very good

Comment

Somehow went to the darts tonight - felt like I was betraying my middle class heritage just being there! A different world... I have to admit - it was great craic! The singing for no reason, the drinking, the gambling, the ignoring the game to have the laugh, it was a lot of fun. Could definitely be convinced to go again.

Comment

Checked your history for last post thanked and then thanked it without reading then I read it, and it was spot on, If I ever go to one, its one where the staff are sound and at only 12, none of that one o clock rush bullshit

Comment

Sheesh I could of just let this one lie tbf looking back I maybe should of but look what has arisen from my lose tongue alas IPB room 101

Comment

Comment

@shrap is Larousse Gastronomique the classic French cooking bible? Remembering you saying one ages ago
                                                                        Pretty much. It has every classic French dish, sauce, technique, etc. Great book for ze référence, you know.

Comment

Provisional Friday pints of McGyver's cider brought to you by Andy and Lottie, Blacksheep, 6.57pm.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                              Provisional Friday pints of McGyver's cider brought to you by Andy and Lottie, Blacksheep, 6.57pm.
                                                                              C u der m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                C u der m8
                                                                                I'm doubting it m8.

Comment

I'm doubting it m8.
                                                                                  I'll see you but will you see me.

Comment

I'm a bit late to the party, but I watched Interstellar on the bus down to Dublin today.

SPOILER
                                                                                    I thought it was very good for the most part. Got emotionally involved in it so I think that covered up a few of the cracks. It could have been a lot shorter by taking out some unnecessary scenes, or deciding to end it about 40 minutes from the end, but I really would have liked it to be exactly 13 minutes shorter. When Murph showed her brother the watched, he should have taken it off her and smashed it on the ground. Would have been a better ending rather than dragging it out for no real reason.

Comment

I'll see you but will you see me.
                                                                                      hope so m8

Comment

hope so m8
                                                                                        Looks like a hipster hotspot but has a dartboard. Town is weird.

Comment

Having a nightmare over on Betfair.

I had two large unmatched bets on the betfair - same market, two win bets on both options.
                                                                                          I wanted to adjust my stake and odds, I couldn't change both together, so I opted to cancel the bets.
                                                                                          Only one of the bets was refunded to my account. At first I thought I was maybe mistaken and I had lost more than I thought recently

But my main wallet now has less in it than the two bets combined. I don't think its possible to use the other wallet for this market.

Anybody ever experience this?

Comment

Remember when people used to buy a few different craft beers and post pics of them on a Friday?

IPB Nostalgia.

Comment

Anyone else get the free brekkie in macdonalds. Obv mia looked for pancakes which were not free lol
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I hope you battered them
                                                                                                    Who lol
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Good Morning folks,

Would anyone have a phone number for Ciaran Corbett? i urgently need to discuss something with him, even if you dont want to give out his number maybe just ask him to check his PMs.

Thankyou

Comment

I know its a standard story they want to spin for the families about 'they probably wouldn't have even been aware anything was wrong until the last moment', but the apparent fact that the locked out pilot was using an axe to try to break down the door would presumably have alerted some of the more savvy flyers that something wasn't quite right.
                                                                                                        The weirdest thing about it all is the absolutely retarded lock system in place that was thought to be optimal.

Comment

While it's obviously no laughing matter, I must confess some amusement at how ill equipped journalist after journalist are proving to be when it comes to describing the crash site in the Alps. My favourite efforts are the grand 'not even a torn shoe could be found to signify a victim had once existed' attempts.

The best description I read? One of the first responders in a 'rescue' helicopter: "pieces of bodies, leaves a mark on you". Got it.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The weirdest thing about it all is the absolutely retarded lock system in place that was thought to be optimal.
                                                                                                            Pretty much is tbh. If a pilot wants to take a plane down he's probably going to manage it.

An airhostess stepping into the cabin while the other pilot goes for a slash isn't going to change things either.

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                                                                                              Good Morning folks,

Would anyone have a phone number for Ciaran Corbett? i urgently need to discuss something with him, even if you dont want to give out his number maybe just ask him to check his PMs.

Thankyou
                                                                                                              Did you get sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                Did you get sorted?
                                                                                                                Hi Ciaran,

No didnt get sorted its a bad time of the morning really.

Comment

Grafton Barbers website hacked by Isis..

Honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    Pretty much is tbh. If a pilot wants to take a plane down he's probably going to manage it.

An airhostess stepping into the cabin while the other pilot goes for a slash isn't going to change things either.
                                                                                                                    Guest on Morning Ireland there speaking sense (well seemed sensible to me) that EU operators rolling out new procedures lickity spit that involve not leaving a pilot on his own are a cause for concern in that they need to provide training and work new processes through.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

@Kayroo, any thoughts on Brian O'Donnell and his equally revolting offspring?
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                                                                                                        Hi Ciaran,

No didnt get sorted its a bad time of the morning really.
                                                                                                                        I texted him there now

He said he'll be in the office at 10am

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          I texted him there now

He said he'll be in the office at 10am
                                                                                                                          Thanks Ciaran

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X