This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
    Speaking of being sick I've got the nose of a 70 year old flu victim the past week or so. Head, throat, belly and balls are all prefect and working fine. It's just my nose that's fucked, I have to keep clearing it every 20 minutes like if I had a bad cold. What's going on?
    Sinusitis m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      Signed up for first 5km race, but can't stop eating chocolate, oh the war rages within.

Damn you aldi and your mint creme bar!
      Theres about a dozen 5K runs dotted around Dublin every Saturday morning if you want to do a practise one or hone your times.

Kind of weird that theres a subculture of thousands of people that I'd never heard about going running at an ungodly hour every Saturday.
      Going to try the Hartstown one sometime in May, building up slowly from a position of complete laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
        All mighty BBV can someone recommended a good Irish bar in Praque? Thanking you in advance!
        O'Shea Gueveras

Don't go to the one on the old town square.
        It's depressing
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Theres about a dozen 5K runs dotted around Dublin every Saturday morning if you want to do a practise one or hone your times.

Kind of weird that theres a subculture of thousands of people that I'd never heard about going running at an ungodly hour every Saturday.
          Going to try the Hartstown one sometime in May, building up slowly from a position of complete laziness.
          I've done six of these over the past few months, really good set-up in the two locations we've run at (St. Annes in Dublin and Knocknacarra in Galway). Amazing that it's all free. More locations coming on stream over the next while two, Cabinteely Parkrun and Shanganagh Parkrun starting this Saturday actually, will try to visit the Cabinteely one. Would heartily recommend the Parkrun events to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
            All mighty BBV can someone recommended a good Irish bar in Praque? Thanking you in advance!
            Was in one caffeReys watching ireland wales last week.
            They had half the screens showing westham v arsenal.
            Beer 3 times the price of czech pubs.
            If you want good cocktails hottest barmaid ive ever seen and rediculously hot women and 4 euro cocktails
            id hit Alibi Bar.
            Felt a bit old and un trendy some spot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              Honda, are you putting that £ up against my £?

Can anyone offer some cliffs about the case?
              I haven't followed it since it broke last year. Is there no physical evidence linking him to the crime? Also, does part of it hinge on whether she wanted consented to him stabbing her or has that nothing to do with it?
              Booked. Judge planting a lot of doubt in the jury's mind today. I reckon he has a shot at not guilty
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Booked. Judge planting a lot of doubt in the jury's mind today. I reckon he has a shot at not guilty
                He's just making sure he does it right / covering his ass in advance of the appeal.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                  Personal pension plan?

Though the maths on these are a little disturbing. I have serious doubts about living long enough to break even!
                  Lol anyone in their twenties/thirties paying into a pension fund is a goon. Scamorama
                  Last edited by Guest; 23-03-15, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    He's just making sure he does it right / covering his ass in advance of the appeal.
                    I really hope you're right. Reading through it earlier I felt he was adding doubt where there was probably previously none due to the amount of evidence.

If he was acquitted I assume he'd have to leave the country would he?

Comment

Of course. But I'm still leaving the court as a jury member with a good bit of doubt in my head thinking if the evidence isn't 100 percent solid I have to let him go. They'll be a while at imo anyhow not the few hours you suggested
                      airport, lol

Comment

On the android updates. Tony now has a newer version than me on his HTC One. WTF??? so much for my two nexus devices getting them first. Still waiting lol and checked a few times to make sure no update sitting.

Not impressed..

Comment

@strewel if the jury goes for guilty you reckon that stands in an appeal?
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            No cause of death. She could have died of anything. Heart attack, stroke, stabbing, poisioning etc etc.

No hard evidence of Dwyer at the scene. No sightings, spunk, fabrics etc etc.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You're probably not going to read anything as weird today, or any day at that matter. She's barking mad

SPOILER

Comment

Still have no idea how this went to a jury
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Skrtel been charged for his stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    what alternatives are there?
                                    kangaroo court, he could have got death sentence

Comment

what alternatives are there?
                                      Defense can make an application for the Judge to direct the jury to acquit on the basis that there is insufficient evidence for any jury to convict safely.

The judge can even do that when the defense doesn't ask him to.
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...Trying but struggling to remember... Previously on BBV, there was quite a bit of talk about a whiskey company being set up in Ireland and looking for investment, and I think maybe to buy Barrels of the whiskey... Would anyone be able to remember the name of the company or any details about it?...Thanks...

Comment

Kane the best striker in the world right now? Discuss

Comment

Really can't understand New Zealand's price tonight , I'd have them slight favs but now drifting to 2.3+. Form team of the WC so far, home advantage which is massive factor, Historical data not too relevant as neither have a particularly good past record, SA are regularly tagged as chokers for consistely failing in such games. NZ have batsmen and bowlers with better figures this WC and they were in arguably tougher group. South Africa have been marginally the better side in recent years but think that has too much weight in the pricing all things considered.

My biggest bet of WC tonight on NZ.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                              Lol anyone in their twenties/thirties paying into a pension fund is a goon. Scamorama
                                              Have you looked at the maths? The 'punishment' for not starting early is significant.

Though as I say.. there is some worry about ever actually getting all of the money (though at least with the option to go ARF the money would go to your estate at death instead of into the annuity black hole).

According to bonkers the best account is with KBC at 4.5% (only possible if you have a KBC current a/c). I guess 3.5% isnt bad but by no means great once you consider DIRT.
                                              Last edited by bp_me; 23-03-15, 19:32.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                No. Any further questions?
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

We all would fancy ourselves as Henry Fonda in 12 Angry men but in reality with such a weight of circumstantial evidence I can't see any jury letting him walk.
                                                  A couple of hours to make it look like there was something to talk about then fuck the slimy prick into a cell in Arbour Hill and throw the key away.
                                                  Legal/HR question. If he gets off and he decides to go back to work what are his employers options to get rid of him? Do they have to take him back??

I feel for his wife. Big house and mortgage, your man earning nothing and up for murder. Having affairs and all the rest. What's the future for her?
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    This is very much one of those it depends things - there are perfectly good arguments for pensions contributions for the self employed or marginal rate taxpayers in those age brackets. For example a self employed 35 year old who makes a lump sum pension contribution is effectively getting a 2.8% per annum boost to their investment return over the term (assuming a selected retirement age of 60). Which to be fair is probably around 1.8% after the fees but still.

Another point is that the compounding effect is much more helpful to those who start making pension contributions sooner. And a final point is that any Irish resident 35 year old who assumes the state pension promise is worth anything by the time they are 68 is an exceptional optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                      This is very much one of those it depends things - there are perfectly good arguments for pensions contributions for the self employed or marginal rate taxpayers in those age brackets. For example a self employed 35 year old who makes a lump sum pension contribution is effectively getting a 2.8% per annum boost to their investment return over the term (assuming a selected retirement age of 60). Which to be fair is probably around 1.8% after the fees but still.

Another point is that the compounding effect is much more helpful to those who start making pension contributions sooner. And a final point is that any Irish resident 35 year old who assumes the state pension promise is worth anything by the time they are 68 is an exceptional optimist.
                                                      Ah enough of that claptrap. Clearly a racket and fee making scam!
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Really can't understand New Zealand's price tonight , I'd have them slight favs but now drifting to 2.3+. Form team of the WC so far, home advantage which is massive factor, Historical data not too relevant as neither have a particularly good past record, SA are regularly tagged as chokers for consistely failing in such games. NZ have batsmen and bowlers with better figures this WC and they were in arguably tougher group. South Africa have been marginally the better side in recent years but think that has too much weight in the pricing all things considered.

My biggest bet of WC tonight on NZ.
                                                        Loss of Adam Milne will hurt their bowling and this could be one of the reasons for the drift

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                          Ah enough of that claptrap. Clearly a racket and fee making scam!
                                                          I felt sure this would be your line on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                            No he isn't. There is plenty better than him.

Kane most on form striker in the world at the moment? Maybe.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              Loss of Adam Milne will hurt their bowling and this could be one of the reasons for the drift
                                                              Not that big a factor, Southe and Boult are 1st and 3rd in leading bowling figures, Vettori top ten, and Anderson not far behind. Comfortably the best bowling side in the competition so far.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I felt sure this would be your line on it...
                                                                I met a 30 year old female earning 35k a while back. Her employer was offering a matching pension contribution upto 3% of salary and I couldn't convince her to increase her contributions up from 1%. Unreal.

She had no debt, living at home with the folks.

But clearly she had better financial opportunities...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  You're probably not going to read anything as weird today, or any day at that matter. She's barking mad
                                                                  Well I don't know if it's weirder, but I'll give you a bloody good run for your money. I was reading the magazine from the Sunday Business Post from a month ago today, and it had an article called Reinstating Somalia. Now it's behind a paywall so I have to type it. It was talking about the complete absence of mental health care in the country, the enormous PTSD from the civil war, and the beliefs that mental illness is evil spirits (most are chained up to trees or in dark rooms for years).

"Before me, in Mogadishu, the only psychiatrist available was the hyena. The psychiatrist hyena", he says. "In Mogadishu, there are two hyenas, brought from the bush. In Somalia, if a family member suffers from mental disorder the family goes to the owner of the hyena and pays the fee. Then they lock the hyena and the patient in the same room, for three days. With no food and no lead. Somali people believe the hyena has a big power to see the evil spirits." Many have died during the course of this "treatment".

Comment

What if they're right?
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What if they're right?
                                                                      Only one way to find out. An expensive, randomised, controlled trial. Anyone have the number for Dublin Zoo?

Comment

I feel for his wife. Big house and mortgage, your man earning nothing and up for murder. Having affairs and all the rest. What's the future for her?
                                                                        Right now, I would think money worries are the furthest thing from her mind and I feel even more sorry for the kids.

Obviously pure prurience talking here but she has cut him off completely?
                                                                        Seemed to be fairly clear from her evidence and the description of her attitude in court that she had.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I got myself a MacBook Pro last week, what are my options for getting MS Excel & Word onto it?
                                                                          250 odd euro to buy it think. Prob some torrent work around if ya didn't fancy paying.

You can download or buy the disk. If anyone knows what a disk is anymore
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I feel for his wife. Big house and mortgage, your man earning nothing and up for murder. Having affairs and all the rest.
                                                                            And he's shit at flying remote control aeroplanes too.

Comment

I got myself a MacBook Pro last week, what are my options for getting MS Excel & Word onto it?
                                                                              Guy put it on mine for free and took no time, so it's easily available

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                Right now, I would think money worries are the furthest thing from her mind and I feel even more sorry for the kids.

Obviously pure prurience talking here but she has cut him off completely?
                                                                                Seemed to be fairly clear from her evidence and the description of her attitude in court that she had.
                                                                                My understanding is she is\was a stay at home wife so I bet the money matters. Yeah it sounded like she had cut him off alright.

Comment

What's the best credit card for earning points? I can't seem to find anything online about this other than using a Tesco credit card. Would have thought that there would have been some linked to Aer Lingus or something where you could use the points to upgrade flights etc

Comment

ITV good at the min. Trevor Macdonald and the Mafia
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

is there a website where I can put in dates and departing airport and i will get the flights in price order? Basically if you had a few days to spare and were thinking to deck off for a few days and you didn't mind where you ended up.

Google flights does what you want I think

Comment

is there a website where I can put in dates and departing airport and i will get the flights in price order? Basically if you had a few days to spare and were thinking to deck off for a few days and you didn't mind where you ended up.
                                                                                        Skyscanner.

Comment

Aside from the options already posted, you can do this with Ryanair as well if Europe is a g option although it's a bit more fiddly than it should be with the use of sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                            ...Trying but struggling to remember... Previously on BBV, there was quite a bit of talk about a whiskey company being set up in Ireland and looking for investment, and I think maybe to buy Barrels of the whiskey... Would anyone be able to remember the name of the company or any details about it?...Thanks...
                                                                                            Don't think that particular venture got off the ground (can't remember the name of it either, but should be able to find it searching my old posts). Think the Dingle crowd offer something similar.

Comment

Did you give your notice yet mate?
                                                                                              No. Sadly I think I would dislike being poor more than I dislike working.

Comment

Heard MidniteKowby mentioning his Shark Cage audition tape on Doke & crew's The Chip Race podcast, so had to look it up. Good effort!

My Audition video for season 2 of the PokerStars Shark Cage.Filmed and Edited by Colm Gillen http://www.framelight.ieWritten and Produced by Fergal NealonSta...

Comment

Got this recipe off Yummly (awesome free recipe app, get it), gave them a go tonight.

Holy bleedin fingerlickin Jaysus balls!

Hands down the tastiest fucking things I've ever cooked.

Left out the honey and put the throttle down on the soy bottle instead for pure savoury greatness, I was like a fucking caveman with the noises I was making.

Do it! Do it now!

It's pretty much Crackbird's Soy Garlic Chicken.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Got this recipe off Yummly (awesome free recipe app, get it), gave them a go tonight.

Holy bleedin fingerlickin Jaysus balls!

Hands down the tastiest fucking things I've ever cooked.

Left out the honey and put the throttle down on the soy bottle instead for pure savoury greatness, I was like a fucking caveman with the noises I was making.

Do it! Do it now!

It's pretty much Crackbird's Soy Garlic Chicken.
                                                                                                    Did you do the mallet bit?

Comment

Assuming this Burger King Whopper scent, is just April fools day pisstakery

Is it an April Fool’s gag or flame-grilled brilliance? We’ll have to wait until April 1 to find out.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Connor - Look in to my eyes little man, little Brazilian, Você vai morrer (you're going to die)
                                                                                                        That bit was genius and really banged home the mind games.
                                                                                                        Plus this was city number 1 of 8. And the crowd should grow stronger in McGregor's favour as they they go move through Toronto, NY, Boston, London Dublin.

Next leg of the tour is today afaik

Legal/HR question. If he gets off and he decides to go back to work what are his employers options to get rid of him? Do they have to take him back??
                                                                                                        Isn't he an architect. Pretty easy to find an economically reason not to hire in the industry.
                                                                                                        Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        Well I don't know if it's weirder, but I'll give you a bloody good run for your money. I was reading the magazine from the Sunday Business Post from a month ago today, and it had an article called Reinstating Somalia. Now it's behind a paywall so I have to type it. It was talking about the complete absence of mental health care in the country, the enormous PTSD from the civil war, and the beliefs that mental illness is evil spirits (most are chained up to trees or in dark rooms for years).
                                                                                                        Obviously the death were a result of locking people up with the other Hyena by mistake. The psychiatrist hyena is sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          Did you do the mallet bit?
                                                                                                          No, I sliced them in half horizontally.

Canola oil is important, real high smoke point allows you to fry a few batches without it getting way over heated and smoky. The healthiest oil you can cook with too.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Can anyone fill me in on how I would delete all the spaces between names on a list on excel.

eg :

Enda
                                                                                                            Space
                                                                                                            Enda
                                                                                                            Space
                                                                                                            Enda

I need all the names to go one after the other in a list form.
                                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Seems Neteller's parent company bought Skrill.

Huge move in the online payments processing vertical.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                Can anyone fill me in on how I would delete all the spaces between names on a list on excel.

eg :

Enda
                                                                                                                Space
                                                                                                                Enda
                                                                                                                Space
                                                                                                                Enda

Easiest way is just to remove them using the filter and untick the (blanks) entry.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

eg :

Enda
                                                                                                                  Space
                                                                                                                  Enda
                                                                                                                  Space
                                                                                                                  Enda

You could just filter the column and sort a-z. Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                    You could just filter the column and sort a-z. Job done.
                                                                                                                    The 5star way works better as I need to keep the order. It worked a treat anyway. It is amazing how much knowledge of excel you lose when you are not using it daily.
                                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

If the spaces are embedded in the cells I'd usually pull the text out into a text editor and use regexp to format it.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

© Universal Pictures, All Right Reserved.Gutterballs è il film immaginario sognato da Drugo nel film Il grande Lebowski. Ispirato dal suo amore per il bowlin...
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I was more coming from the angle that the money won't be there due to massive economic crash, on the way down whatever semblance of government there is will loot whatevers left. Might as well enjoy it while you have it, my retirement planning is a bottle of whiskey and a revolver.

Jesus Vincent browne interviewing people on the streets of navan is terrifying

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X