• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Downloading it. Guess the phrase downloading will seem quaint in the future.
        It's probably terribly juvenile that I find the name Knut Moe hilarious http://www.moefamilypractice.ie/
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Since I was complaining about insurance in respect of health insurance it's only fair I point out a good insurance experience.

Ring the car insurance crowd this morning for the old bottle through the back windscreen. It's covered, no effect on no claims. Autoglass came around, replaced it, hoovered all the glass out of the car, and it is now restored to how it was less than 24 hours ago. And I wasn't even here for it, got home at 9 pm and it's fixed like magic and costs nothing.
          I hope that taxi driver from the last night out had the same plan.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              It's the exact same 2 words only backwards. It's not a translation. Almost everyone calls it Camp Nou. It's not English, it's ignorant

I used to call it Nou Camp until 3/4 years ago
              Meh it's very commonly called Nou camp in english. Obviously not translation it means new field or something. We will agree to disagree
              airport, lol

Comment

Chippy Brady needs to lay off the butter, his chin and his neck have merged.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Meh it's very commonly called Nou camp in english. Obviously not translation it means new field or something. We will agree to disagree
                  They not only call it Nou Camp they normally call it The Nou Camp, it does my head in, one word named stadiums you can use "the", but in 2 word named stadiums it doesn't work.

It's like saying "The Old Trafford".

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                    They not only call it Nou Camp they normally call it The Nou Camp, it does my head in, one word named stadiums you can use "the", but in 2 word named stadiums it doesn't work.

The Wembley ?

The Anfield? (Camp Site)

right now hitch is probably laughing at some fake poo in a swimming pool
                    Last edited by Solskjaer; 18-03-15, 22:46.

Comment

The Craven cottage works.
                      The Anfield doesn't.

Theory fails m8
                      airport, lol

Comment

The Craven cottage works.
                        The Anfield doesn't.

Theory fails m8
                        Exceptions prove the rule

Comment

I think we have to get drunk for Eurovision Day. Anything to keep you from last years shenanigans it should be a full-on day though. Clearly DP, LSB, will be part, but who else?
                          I sadly took the last 2 years off from Eurovision, didn't see the second last one and tuned in just to watch last years, which was a mistake as there was money on the table with that bearded lass who actually had the best song of the lot.

I was taking a look/listen to some of the offerings the other night and looking at the betting market, well the winner market.

There is so much awareness and build up these days, it feels like the days of spotting a strong contender and picking it up and decent odds is gone.

Slim pickings so far:

The Swedish is a shite song imo, with clever staging, other people may not find the guy as punchable as I:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Italy, who have knocked at the door one or two times of late are second favourite currently (they were fav till sweden announced the winner of their marathon selection process)

It's no Loreen

Italy have an operatic type song, in Italian:

All rights goes to the rightful owner/s to the song in this video.The group "Il volo" will represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 in Vienna, Aus...

It sort of sounds like an Italian sung bond theme.

I'd say you'd have to go back quite a way to find the last non-english sung winner. Let us not forgot the French opera type song a couple of years ago that was odds on favourite and got absolutely nowhere.
                          I can't see any live versions of it, maybe if the I-talians sell it and have good staging they can pull it off. Fucked if I know.

This is the 3rd or 4th favorite. It's shite, but perhaps the type the type shite that could win.

They could work at not having the worst chemistry ever, and your man looking like a young bored David Bowie is waiting on a bus.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The rest are 14/1 to 300/1+ so perhaps there is some serious value in there that is going to sweep to victory.
                          The fun will probably be in the other markets as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                            Looking for details of prices for this and can't find the info anywhere - have it missed it somewhere? I assume they'll release prices before the tickets go on sale?
                            P1 = $1,042.32
                            P2 = $791.35
                            P3 = $534.15
                            P4 = $377.15
                            P5 = $244.70
                            P6 = $141.45

That's including the booking/handling fee.
                            Expect the P6 section to be pretty tiny, and P4 and P5 to be upper Tier. Lower level seats will be $534+

Comment

Didn't everybody used to call Ukraine " the Ukraine " ? I used to until a new girl in work from there tore strips off me. " you would say I'm a crazy foreign bitch if I went around saying the Ireland " . Rooting for Putins red army since then.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                Didn't everybody used to call Ukraine " the Ukraine " ? I used to until a new girl in work from there tore strips off me. " you would say I'm a crazy foreign bitch if I went around saying the Ireland " . Rooting for Putins red army since then.
                                would you have a pic of her handy

Also, being called The Ireland would be class tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  P1 = $1,042.32
                                  P2 = $791.35
                                  P3 = $534.15
                                  P4 = $377.15
                                  P5 = $244.70
                                  P6 = $141.45

That's including the booking/handling fee.
                                  Expect the P6 section to be pretty tiny, and P4 and P5 to be upper Tier. Lower level seats will be $534+
                                  Great, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Discovered these guys yesterday, bought gig tickets today, seem like a good aul bunch

New album, Bright Magic, releasing September 24th, 2021. Pre-order/pre-save now at https://ffm.to/psb_brightmagic'The Race For Space' is now available on:iTu...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI
                                    Yeah, planning to see these as well, heard the new single on TXFM earlier and really liked it. I imagine I'll be the oldest person at the gig though :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      Who would win in a fight, Christian Bale or Tom Hardy?

I'm Team Tom.
                                      Why was this even a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Funny one today, one for the paleo heads.

Customer came in, heavy guy, I had been thinking he had lost a bit of weight.

Sure enough he tells us that he has lost 21lbs over the last five weeks. We're like 'wow Tony, well done, any special diet? Atkins or something?'

'No' he says, 'none of that stuff, it's simple. I gave up butter. Don't eat butter anymore'

I was thinking to myself 'hmm, butter doesn't make you fat' when he comes out with this nugget...

'Only thing is, I can't eat bread or potatos, love butter on them, can't eat them without it'

haha, nobody ever suspects the bread.

Speaking of butter, I eat 3000+ calories of butter (sunflower butter) per week, so about a pound of weight, easy way to lost weight if I decided!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          Yeah, planning to see these as well, heard the new single on TXFM earlier and really liked it. I imagine I'll be the oldest person at the gig though :-)
                                          I dunno what is cool, I have a hip music friend who just tells me what to go to so you are ahead of me. Button factory doesn't exactly sound like an old crowd all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Why was this even a question.

Bale has 5" on Hardy for a start. We need some Bale support.

Speaking of butter, I eat 3000+ calories of butter (sunflower butter) per week, so about a pound of weight, easy way to lost weight if I decided!
                                            There is no part of this i don't need explained.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              Off to that The Caretaker play at the Gate next week, slightly disappointed reading the start of the synopisis on wiki thats it not some HongKongPhooey style 'caretaker by day, superhero by night' romp.
                                              Caretaker is really excellent, had the auditorium completely spellbound at some key moments, would highly recommend (though I go to so few plays my rec may not mean a lot). Think it finishes on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                It's the exact same 2 words only backwards. It's not a translation. Almost everyone calls it Camp Nou. It's not English, it's ignorant

I used to call it Nou Camp until 3/4 years ago
                                                Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                This is correct. I did a stadium tour a few years ago. Guide confirmed it is Camp Nou in any language. Like everyone I thought it was Nou Camp in English but it's not.
                                                Meh, should have told her 5 million of our men died fighting the jackboot of Nazism for our right to place adjectives before nouns, and to shove in a superfluous The if we wanted, and no spotty teenage guide was going to say otherwise.

Comment

Throwback:

This cunt seemed to be hated. Good tune though. Probably nicked but well nicked.

Comment

Caretaker is really excellent, had the auditorium completely spellbound at some key moments, would highly recommend (though I go to so few plays my rec may not mean a lot). Think it finishes on Sunday.
                                                    I would say we have set an IPB record with this play - a good half dozen of us have seen it. Almost enough for an official IPB theatre outing some day.

Comment

You eat sunflower spread.
                                                      I eat butter, delicious butter. The ants know whats up

Comment

Had a wander around the Japanese Gardens on Paddy's day and the national stud. Nice place for a wander around. Saw some ducks, had a cup of earl grey.

Comment

Next time you have around 3 hours free to watch some tv,
                                                          Go to p bay and download the 6 episodes of The Jinx (HBO)
                                                          Do not look up anything on the internet about it
                                                          Fucking outstanding, hands down best show I have seen this year

Comment

Worst show since retro

Comment

Bale has 5" on Hardy for a start. We need some Bale support.
                                                              Bale can keep his inches. Hardy has the kilos.
                                                              Tom kicked his ass in fair fight in Batman, Bale then got dirty puling out his respirator. Dick move from Bale.
                                                              #justicefortom

Comment

Comment

Internet is failing me somewhat in working out how to unsend Caddyshack related emails to work colleague. Oh dear.
                                                                  Outlook? Open sent message and go to actions > recall this message..
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

Work had an enlightened moment and switched us all to gmail last year
                                                                        Not possible unless ya hit the undo button in first few seconds after sending afaik
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Treat yourself too a sausage egg mcmuff and all will be well
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Not possible unless ya hit the undo button in first few seconds after sending afaik
                                                                            And you have to turn on the undo buttons in the labs section too
                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Martins is about to go to Cork on a date. Visit Hairybaby.com for Martin's Life t-shirts, mugs and stuffTo use this video in a commercial player, advertising...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                I would say we have set an IPB record with this play - a good half dozen of us have seen it. Almost enough for an official IPB theatre outing some day.
                                                                                Funded by me after my inadvertent double purchase to the Gigli Concert last night.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Following on from not very popular demand, Aintree tipping competition thread is this way>>>>>>http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...634#post883634
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Its got to be that he is just an incompetent eejit doesn't it
                                                                                    And the prize goes to!!

Comment

Brilliant video here if you haven't seen it

A somewhat-mostly-accurate educational parody film by Max Landis.This production is not monetized, and not for profit. The clips used herein are used with d...

Comment

Nice way to start the workday, boxes of whiskey and wine. Not sure how work felt about bringing me up the 22 bottles of wine we got. "Business or personal"

Dinner sorted.

Comment

How do you tell a friend to "fek off and get your own boat rather than expecting me to take you out once a week on mine telling me when best time to go out, come in and where to go etc etc. " I prefer fishing alone but 'friend' has invited himself into my company. We are in same fishing club and it was only when I got 'new' boat last year that he latched onto me. I hold secretary position at club so have to maintain some decorum but guy is starting to piss me off. I know if his closer mates got a boat he would jump ship and go out with them. I have suggested he get his own boat as hes fond of displaying his 'wealth' ( discussing renovating 19 century rectory house he just bought, brand new shogun, shooting club etc etc ) but he doesnt seem to hear me.

I feel bad thinking about it but frustated that I cant have my own space and pleasure time!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                            How do you tell a friend to "fek off and get your own boat rather than expecting me to take you out once a week on mine telling me when best time to go out, come in and where to go etc etc. " I prefer fishing alone but 'friend' has invited himself into my company. We are in same fishing club and it was only when I got 'new' boat last year that he latched onto me. I hold secretary position at club so have to maintain some decorum but guy is starting to piss me off. I know if his closer mates got a boat he would jump ship and go out with them. I have suggested he get his own boat as hes fond of displaying his 'wealth' ( discussing renovating 19 century rectory house he just bought, brand new shogun, shooting club etc etc ) but he doesnt seem to hear me.

I feel bad thinking about it but frustated that I cant have my own space and pleasure time!
                                                                                            Start with 'those times dont suit me' and escalate to leaving early followed up with 'well you werent there on time and I was in a rush'

Or something a little less passive aggressive like telling the guy you want to be alone.

Comment

RE: Public Service Broadcasting:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

irish dude kicked from mars one, it's for the best on that silly project.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

Its tough, My neighbour A has a similar issue with neighbour B who has basically plonked himself in As living room every Sunday at 1.30 or 3.30pm for the bigger Sky Sports match after having been invited once, and B now has to basically plan his Sunday around As arrival.
                                                                                                  Years ago pre the above B hinted very unsubtlely to me about dropping in to watch a particularly big game as well but I had a flashforward as to the path this would take if I agreed once, and thankfully I played dumb on his hints.

You've obviously missed the boat () on your chance to not invite him in the first place, and now he is (probably deliberately) not taking any obvious hints.
                                                                                                  I think you just have to be relatively unsubtle (if polite) about it and announce that you'll be going out on your own. You're a grown man and you don't need to invent a fake cover story or reasons, tell him the truth that you prefer to fish alone a certain percentage of the time and will be going out on your own the next few weekends.

Comment

Its tough, My neighbour A has a similar issue with neighbour B who has basically plonked himself in As living room every Sunday at 1.30 or 3.30pm for the bigger Sky Sports match after having been invited once, and B now has to basically plan his Sunday around As arrival.
                                                                                                    Years ago pre the above B hinted very unsubtlely to me about dropping in to watch a particularly big game as well but I had a flashforward as to the path this would take if I agreed once, and thankfully I played dumb on his hints.

You've obviously missed the boat () on your chance to not invite him in the first place, and now he is (probably deliberately) not taking any obvious hints.
                                                                                                    I think you just have to be relatively unsubtle (if polite) about it and announce that you'll be going out on your own. You're a grown man and you don't need to invent a fake cover story or reasons, tell him the truth that you prefer to fish alone a certain percentage of the time and will be going out on your own the next few weekends.
                                                                                                    Suggest to Neighbour A to subtly mention the incredible capabilities of a simple €25 MK808B+ stick with Kodi installed on it to Neighbour B.

Comment

Wack him on the boat.

Comment

Coming SoonClips from Dexter, property of ShowtimeMusic is "On a Boat" from The Lonely Island.No copyright infringement is intended.

Comment

As someone who doesn't do subtlety very well I know that people don't tend to take unsubtlety very well but its also easy to overthink these kind of situations.

As long as he's happy to go fishing with him occasionally I'd postpone one or two of the regular dates make a specific one for the week after next and just head out whenever I felt like it myself in the meantime
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examvir...ns-319343.html

irish dude kicked from mars one, it's for the best on that silly project.
                                                                                                            Is a scam, apparently:

No money, no process, no explanation: An insider speaks out for the first time on the hopelessly flawed scheme to fly to Mars.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I was thinking more:

Comment

Wack him on the boat.
                                                                                                                Genuinely spent 5 mins laughing at this. WP.

Comment

@honda

Flight to Edinburgh with Ryanair at 6.35AM tomorrow.... what is the latest I can get to the airport considering I am checked in?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                    Any sign of your simpsons avatar hitch (also olears)
                                                                                                                    It was sitting in my inbox this morning for me.

Im not too sure...
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

This was the original.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

How are you guys getting these, a generator or being drawn?

Comment

Mine was shite too.

from fiverr.com Tar

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look.

This is class.

Being gluten-free used to be a luxury only reserved for those who are intolerant to gluten. With this cutting edge gluten educational video, you can become ...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X