This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iago View Post
    I didn't find it unsafe to be honest. Usual rules of being aware of your surroundings and sticking to the main areas apply as with anywhere else.

I never once felt at risk or uncomfortable while we were there, and we wandered around most days. You also have the added benefit of breaking up a city break with winery tours and even a safari visit for something different.

I can understand the concern, and there is real true poverty there. However if you can get past that, it will tick a lot of boxes.
    I'd need to convince herself but I'll look into it before proposing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Really? I find shopping in Lidl hell, shop layout makes no sense and I find myself wandering around in circles only to find out that they're missing some basic goods, then I have to wait in a giant queue to get out and run the ID gauntlet if I ever buy booze.
      Every lidl has the same layout which is handy once you know where things are in one of them and what stuff they don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        What's with all the pointing?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Do most of my shopping in Lidl but Aldis steaks are better (well the premium ones anyway)

Comment

People on facebook wishing their mothers/babies/anyone that's not on facebook a happy birthday/mothers day/hanukkah tilts the ever loving bejebus out of me. If they're not on facebook or if they're a 6 month old fucking child how in the fuck are they ever going to read it you attention seeking bastard faced cunt. Just die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Unrelated; Been feeling a slightly odd sense of undying love towards my wife these last few days. Hmm. Think its seeing the baby growing inside her. Fingers crossed. But also her. She is rather nice.
              Think of all the dumb shit you've put her through. Now imagine she did that to you. Would you still be willing to squeeze a watermelon out yer arse for her m8? Doubt it.

You should probably go out and buy that woman a gift. You should probably buy me one as well for basically saving your marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                People on facebook wishing their mothers/babies/anyone that's not on facebook a happy birthday/mothers day/hanukkah tilts the ever loving bejebus out of me. If they're not on facebook or if they're a 6 month old fucking child how in the fuck are they ever going to read it you attention seeking bastard faced cunt. Just die.
                You will be happy to know that extending civil marriage rights to same-sex couples could lead to the banning of Mother's Day. So there now.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                  How do you feel about statuses such as:

"13 years since you left us Nanny Pauline think about you every day always in our hearts xxx"

and

"I'd just like to wish my nephew Jonah a very happy 3rd birthday"

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    You will be happy to know that extending civil marriage rights to same-sex couples could lead to the banning of Mother's Day. So there now.
                    Ah only in the state of Nova Scotia.

Comment

Sorry about your Nanny Megatron. xoxoxoxo.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                        Shopping anywhere in Dublin is a pleasure compared to here. One of the main hypermarkets in Buenos Aires has their version of a self-service checkout. You go and scan all your items, then you get a reciept for the total which you then queue up to pay at the cashier, who only accepts payment after double checking all the items off your reciept with what's in your basket. They bill it as the faster way to shop. Normally any big supermarket here is full of massive queues if you go at the wrong time. Weekday mornings are the only safe time although you have to deal with old people shopping then who have every coupon you could imagine, and like to pay the exact amount in change.
                        There's a lot to be said for Tesco delivery service . I despise shopping in all shapes and forms, don't get me started on queues. They only shops I enjoy going to are the butcher and off licence.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          Go to Iceland.
                          That's where me ma goes
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            I want to buy loads of them 9 months ago

Is there any graph that shows the least bad currency against the euro in recent months? US/Canada honeymoon looks poor value now. Australia one doesn't look much better. No interest in going to Asia or South America really, and would prefer to leave Europe too.
                            I'm going to South Africa in a couple of weeks which from my research would seem a great option, with various day trips etc available from Cape Town (shark diving, whale watching, table mountain and all that shite) and then excellent food and wine for no money up the Garden Route.

I will report on my findings if requested on return.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              I'd need to convince herself but I'll look into it before proposing it.
                              so love....south africa, wouldn't that be perfect for our honeymoon???

Best of luck m8
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  I'm going to South Africa in a couple of weeks which from my research would seem a great option, with various day trips etc available from Cape Town (shark diving, whale watching, table mountain and all that shite) and then excellent food and wine for no money up the Garden Route.

I will report on my findings if requested on return.
                                  Trip report mandatory imo

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Best of luck m8
                                    Ya, can't see her buying it, but she does love lions and big cats in general, so perhaps, but maybe not. We'll probably book something soon anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Sorry about your Nanny Megatron. xoxoxoxo.
                                      im ok hun

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                        Trip report mandatory imo
                                        The fact that herself works for Trailfinders is unbelievably upside heavy when it comes to booking holidays, have two weeks in 5 star digs basically for free. Looking particularly forward to spending a few nights in this place:

5 Star, Accommodation, Garden Route, Trees, Treetop, Lodge, Private, Intimate, Honeymoon, Service, Activities, Plettenberg Bay, Knysna, Forest

(how do you embed youtube links again?)

I'll take some pics and put some noteventhinly veiled brag post together when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Best of luck m8
                                          So. ...roll on to June. ..

DP . Hey Paula, Who the fuck suggested Vegas?
                                          Mrs. DP. That was your idea ,James.
                                          DP. Why didn't you stop me getting on the Roulette table with that Pussycat Doll ?
                                          Mrs.DP. I tried, James, I really did.
                                          DP. How much is the bail money?
                                          Mrs.DP. 2 mirrion dolla.
                                          DP. Why didn't we listen to Dom, and go to South Africa instead. ..?
                                          Ex Mrs.DP. It's ok James, 5 years will fly by!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Wales for sure. Could run up a cricket score if they get points early.

France's defence is actually pretty good and we haven't ever looked like running up a big score.
                                            Wales might have a chance if they were going last but even if they win by 50 they are only setting a target.
                                            Realistically Ireland know what they have to do. We have to set England a target of at least 21 points to win it. Scotland are smarting from a couple of defeats where they should have done better but if we destroy any hope they have of a result early in the game then we can go on to run up the kind of score we need.
                                            We can assume a cheese eating surrender monkey type performance from France but even in that mode they will be aware that a huge loss that hands the tournament to England would be shameful and might see heads roll before the WC.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

South Africa/Namibia/Botswana. English speaking, good food, spectacular things to do.
                                              This ++
                                              Especially Botswana
                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              People do generally speak in awe at their African trips. Think there's maybe a bit of innate Geldof fear that the whole place is chaos constantly.
                                              No more than, say, Naples. It's different, very different but often in a good way.

Plus you get to feel like a millionaire.
                                              The worst thing about any trip to Africa if the arseholes acting like that...and that includes every single Sith Ifrikan that ever had more than $500 in thei wallet
                                              Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              Been to Egypt once, and vowed never again. Place is a hellhole on earth.
                                              Egypt is not Africa it is the Middle East.

Comment

I remember being charged $40 dollars for a burger and chips in the airport in Lagos on the way back from Nigeria.

The only reason I felt like a millionaire there was that I was being constantly reminded that everyone wanted to kidnap me and kept having officials trying to get me to bribe them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  This ++
                                                  Especially Botswana
                                                  Whats Tanzania like? I am off there for my Honeymoon.

Comment

Ship the new job offer.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Interstellar 1080p version is available for download for anyone that has been waiting on it. I know it didn't get a glowing reference around here though but downloaded it anyway.

Hopefully it's better than Exodus: Gods and Kings which was a pile of piss. Watched '71 the other night too and thought it was really good bar the 10 minutes at the start/end and a little sensationalism.

Comment

14 years in this company. A fun month of documentation ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                          Ship the new job offer.
                                                          dets

Comment

dets
                                                            First level network support for the network supplier to the HEA.

Comment

Product I worked on won Red Dot design award from 5000 entrants, I am in no way responsible for the design but feel accomplished.

Go to tesco just for their caramelized onion hummous. Had 4 tubs of it this week, and I'd do it again.

Yoga is retardedly hard, or maybe just the type I tried, I can't balance on my neck. Yoga pants remain looking good so yoga deserves more attempts.

Brought my other cat to cardiologist, has to be on medication for rest of her life but will be fine .0/ Itemised bills make you mad. 100e to listen to a heart with a stethoscope for 10 seconds to find something I already told them about. Cat looks pretty funky with it's knees and chest shaved.
                                                              The vet looked like mike from breaking bad, did not bring this up.

This is amazing for watching documentaries:
                                                              Watch the best free full-length documentary films on the web. History documentaries, Science, Culture, Music... Explore and Enjoy!

I must have watched 10 documentaries on north korea at the weekend

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              He's quite dull isn't he? Bit of a geek, needs to go out and live a bit and then come back and write some songs out of his experience, because there's no doubt he can bang of a soulful tune. Just missing the soul atm.
                                                              He's fairly dull but angel of small death is one of the best written songs I've heard in ages. Although when you have to think about meanings for ages maybe something isn't written well, I don't know.
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-03-15, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                Its been a few years since I was there and I've only been to Dar Es Salaam Hot and steamy when I was there but its a good place and should be Ideal for your honeymoon. Its reasonably safe as long as you keep your wits about you.
                                                                A good bit of advice about Africa is to be conscious that when you are dealing with people everything is not always as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  I like to tend to my garden every two years or so .

Congratulations

Any cryptic clues as to your new destination/role?

Comment

Congrats Smurph, hope you enjoy the weekend.

Have to say, winning an IO ticket was always a class moment when I used to play, well done.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Zanzibar? I saw an episode of Masterchef where they went there, and the whole place looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        Zanzibar? I saw an episode of Masterchef where they went there, and the whole place looks amazing.
                                                                        1 night in Arusha, 6 days on safari in the Serengeti and then 6 days on the beach in Zanzibar.

The migration is on in the Serengeti when we are there so it should be good. Not really looking forward to the beach part but once the wedding is over I suspect I'll be glad of it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          Congrats Smurph, hope you enjoy the weekend.

Have to say, winning an IO ticket was always a class moment when I used to play, well done.
                                                                          Thanks a mill Lloyd
                                                                          I am playing very little myself at the moment ...
                                                                          Just played a few of the €5 satellites and won a few €30 tokens... played a few games and ended up with 2 x €200 tokens.. Really a great buzz when I won the ticket, there is just something special bout playing in the Irish Open.

Got a lot of chips early on with big hands holding up... then just got enough chips to fold to a ticket... folding AK left right and centre...

I hadn't played in ages and won a ticket to play in the Boyles game in Tallaght few weeks ago...and made the money... Actually really enjoyed the game and catching up with people so the buzz was back a bit.

Don't play cards mid week at all as in work early so to be honest play a bit online on a Friday night to relax and then have the weekend free for the both of us..

Anyway 2 weeks into a 8-10 weeks recuperation period after a fairly big operation (which went a bit south and I needed 4 pints of blood) and it took 5 hours instead of 1.5 hours ~~(girly stuff so don't want to go into it) so I have to build up my strength for the game in Easter....

Very achy and sore at moment and still on heavy medication so feel kind of numb and weird all at the same time at the moment....
                                                                          like when you really shouldn't have the last drink or 2 but you do ~ sigh..

did a walk to the shop the other day and back ~ one small step lol

Anyway
                                                                          tldr ~

8-10 weeks off work.... shipity ship...
                                                                          Last edited by smurph; 16-03-15, 13:13.
                                                                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

1 night in Arusha, 6 days on safari in the Serengeti and then 6 days on the beach in Zanzibar.

The migration is on in the Serengeti when we are there so it should be good. Not really looking forward to the beach part but once the wedding is over I suspect I'll be glad of it.
                                                                            Tanzania is beautiful but unfortunately you will see a lot of poverty. People have no food but they have mobile phones - go figure! Stayed in Moshi for a night and being woken by the call to prayer dude at all hours was an experience! Spent 7 days/nights climbing Kilimanjaro - life-changing stuff. We stayed in Arusha for a night. Great markets and nice people. Try the Serengeti Beer. Strange seeing Masai walking around too! Be prepared for something different. A few of the gang went to Zanzibar afterwards and said it was incredible! Haggle & Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                              Ship the Irish Open Ticket in the MEGA Satellite thingy,,,
                                                                              It's been a tough March for me so fuck*in delighted....nearly crying here....
                                                                              Roll on Easter.... now to build up my strength.......

Can't wait

Nice one! I wasn't sure if it was you or Martin that I donated to :-)

Delighted for you Smurph. All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                Congratulations

Any cryptic clues as to your new destination/role?
                                                                                We could do a poll

A. Full time man about town

B. Finally landed the dream job at Coolmore.

C. Right said Fred tribute act

D. Media whore. Combining restaurant reviews, podcasting and tv work.

E. A.N. Other
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

People on da internet complaining about social media is just lol . Go out and play ffs . Smurph get well soon . Enjoy the open . Health is wealth . I'd also like to wish my great uncle a happy 100th today

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                    People on da internet complaining about social media is just lol . Go out and play ffs . Smurph get well soon . Enjoy the open . Health is wealth . I'd also like to wish my great uncle a happy 100th today
                                                                                    I complain about it more IRL if that makes it any better.
                                                                                    Hope your Uncle has a great Day. I'll await his "Thanks for birthday messages :- Feeling Loved" post later on before writing on his wall bbz.

Comment

Y'days 9 milly, guy wins seat for $10 and binks 750k +
                                                                                      16 games played and $63 was biggest win beforehand
                                                                                      Well done sir/ madam whoever you are

Congrats and UL to Marc MacDonnell aka sluglife for 27th place and 25k payday

Comment

Poyet gonzo.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                          We could do a poll

A. Full time man about town

B. Finally landed the dream job at Coolmore.

C. Right said Fred tribute act

D. Media whore. Combining restaurant reviews, podcasting and tv work.

E. A.N. Other
                                                                                          Rich Ricci's racing manager OBV

Comment

Hard to beat amazon review reading

5lb bag of sugar free gummi bears, others there are pretty good too

Oh man...words cannot express what happened to me after eating these. The Gummi Bear "Cleanse". If you are someone that can tolerate the sugar substitute, enjoy. If you are like the dozens of people that tried my order, RUN!

First of all, for taste I would rate these a 5. So good. Soft, true-to-taste fruit flavors like the sugar variety...I was a happy camper.

BUT (or should I say BUTT), not long after eating about 20 of these all hell broke loose. I had a gastrointestinal experience like nothing I've ever imagined. Cramps, sweating, bloating beyond my worst nightmare. I've had food poisoning from some bad shellfish and that was almost like a skip in the park compared to what was going on inside me.

Then came the, uh, flatulence. Heavens to Murgatroyd, the sounds, like trumpets calling the demons back to Hell...the stench, like 1,000 rotten corpses vomited. I couldn't stand to stay in one room for fear of succumbing to my own odors.

But wait; there's more. What came out of me felt like someone tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw. I swear my sphincters were screaming. It felt like my delicate starfish was a gaping maw projectile vomiting a torrential flood of toxic waste. 100% liquid. Flammable liquid. NAPALM. It was actually a bit humorous (for a nanosecond)as it was just beyond anything I could imagine possible.

AND IT WENT ON FOR HOURS.

I felt violated when it was over, which I think might have been sometime in the early morning of the next day. There was stuff coming out of me that I ate at my wedding in 2005.

I had FIVE POUNDS of these innocent-looking delicious-tasting HELLBEARS so I told a friend about what happened to me, thinking it HAD to be some type of sensitivity I had to the sugar substitute, and in spite of my warnings and graphic descriptions, she decided to take her chances and take them off my hands.

Silly woman. All of the same for her, and a phone call from her while on the toilet (because you kinda end up living in the bathroom for a spell) telling me she really wished she would have listened. I think she was crying.

Her sister was skeptical and suspected that we were exaggerating. She took them to work, since there was still 99% of a 5 pound bag left. She works for a construction company, where there are builders, roofers, house painters, landscapers, etc. Lots of people who generally have limited access to toilets on a given day. I can't imagine where all of those poor men (and women) pooped that day. I keep envisioning men on roofs, crossing their legs and trying to decide if they can make it down the ladder, or if they should just jump.

If you order these, best of luck to you. And please, don't post a video review during the aftershocks.

PS: When I ordered these, the warnings and disclaimers and legalese were NOT posted. I'm not a moron. Also, not sure why so many people assume I'm a man. I am a woman. We poop too. Of course, our poop sparkles and smells like a walk in a meadow of wildflowers. Thanks for all the great comments. I've been enjoying reading them and so glad that the horror show I experienced from snacking on these has at least made some people smile.
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-03-15, 14:58.

Comment

Poyet gonzo.
                                                                                              he won't be shedding any tears, apparently.

Comment

Anyone have any comments on Dave McWilliams' assertion that being in the Euro is a bad idea for Ireland?

Comment

Hi
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lord Sir business,

I wish to make an offer for your programme, but I haven't thought of anything worth trading for it, can you give me a few days of first refusal?

Comment

I complain about it more IRL if that makes it any better.
                                                                                                      Hope your Uncle has a great Day. I'll await his "Thanks for birthday messages :- Feeling Loved" post later on before writing on his wall bbz.
                                                                                                      Tis cheesy facebook , tis what its for . He only got to write half a post then snuffed it . He did like my post though . RiP 100 a good innings . No offence ireland cricket team .

Comment

Somebody tell me what health insurance plan to switch to.

This is not a joke request.

Comment

they're all shit, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                            Lord Sir business,

I wish to make an offer for your programme, but I haven't thought of anything worth trading for it, can you give me a few days of first refusal?
                                                                                                            How lovely, my posting the program update was somewhat premature, I think Dice had trouble puttibg his hand to it.

Stay tuned, we'll know more soon. Congrats on the new job!

Comment

Ask for the teachers one. It's probably grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Rich RicciSheikh Fahad's racing manager OBV
                                                                                                                Go for the real moniez
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pay no more than 1200 and have a high excess. 2k policies are pretty wasteful IMO. The really cheap ones are pretty limited too.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    Pay no more than 1200 and have a high excess. 2k policies are pretty wasteful IMO. The really cheap ones are pretty limited too.
                                                                                                                    Frankly it's embarrassing that when I go into a site such as Laya and put my current plan in that their comparative ones are €800-€1100 cheaper. Like they can't even come up with any way of trying to screw me to that extent.

Seem like something in the €1k-€1.2k will be fine. But still frustrating trying to choose one.

Comment

Frankly it's embarrassing that when I go into a site such as Laya and put my current plan in that their comparative ones are €800-€1100 cheaper. Like they can't even come up with any way of trying to screw me to that extent.

Seem like something in the €1k-€1.2k will be fine. But still frustrating trying to choose one.
                                                                                                                      Make life easy for yourself. Ring Laya, tell them what your on and ask them to talk you through the options and the pros and cons. Then make a decision and let them worry about paperwork etc. If you only save 1k and not 1100 who cares.

Comment

But then pass on your knowledge to those of us that dont want to do anything, ty.

Comment

Go for the real moniez
                                                                                                                          Finding mares for his stud.

Or something in the bloodstock industry.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X