This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Outside of the unlikely chance of Liverpool winning it, as things stand the preference would probably be...

City
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man Utd

Obviously I wouldn't even think of including Spurs in the above ranking, but they would be below Arsenal if I had to.
    15 teams you forgot to mention right after Chelsea.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      Lidl and Aldi are the most depressing places on earth. They're like the Orwellain model of sustenance delivery. Lidl frozen donuts are the only reason to cross their threshold.
      It's taken a while but we've turned you into a first-rate snob. wp all.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Lidl and Aldi are the most depressing places on earth. They're like the Orwellain model of sustenance delivery. Lidl frozen donuts are the only reason to cross their threshold.
        Are you really too young to remember 'Crazy Prices', Quinnsworth YellowPacks, or Superquinns black and white own brand?
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not if you live in Roscommon they're not
            Last edited by Solskjaer; 15-03-15, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Are you really too young to remember 'Crazy Prices', Quinnsworth YellowPacks, or Superquinns black and white own brand?
              I remember them for sure but at least Fergal Quinn and Maurice Pratt knew how to design a shop that didn't suck the very life from the customers.

Comment

Comment

Battery at it's nadir , good night and happy shopping

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    It's taken a while but we've turned you into a first-rate snob. wp all.
                    Ah no. I still don't feel at home in Nolan's.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                      15 teams you forgot to mention right after Chelsea.
                      Trying to keep it 'somewhat' realistic, but point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Is buying dodgy low quality brands in Tesco what snobs are doing now?!
                        I've spent a lifetime of trial and error on working out which of those brands I like. fucked if I'm starting the while process again at 35 with brands that are far less likely to stand the test of time!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            UFO capital of Ireland isn't it?
                            That rings a bell. All driven by one nutbag I think remember my father on about it
                            airport, lol

Comment

I do the weekly shop in Lidl. It is an absolute joy compared to Dunnes/Tesco. Done in 20 minutes and that's with a 3 year old in toe.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                UFO capital of Ireland isn't it?
                                This made me to look up Irish UFO sightings. This is my favourite so far.

UFOINFO Sighting Form Report

Date: December 18 2010

Time: 2:30am

Number of witnesses: 1

Number of objects: 1

Shape of objects: Grey Humanoid, 4ft Tall

Could your sighting be a UFO balloon/lantern?: na

Weather Conditions: Calm Night

Description: I was in my kitchen getting a late snack, when I heard strange sounds coming from my back garden. I can't describe the sounds, but it was sort of like a 'pulsating' humming sound at first, then it sounded like there was people outside my back door (which was locked) running around my garden.

I looked through the back door (which is mostly glass inside a door frame) and saw a 4ft tall Grey alien run past at incredible speed. Suddenly, it was 5:30am and I was in my sitting room instead of the kitchen, and I had weird circular white marks on my arm, and 'needle like' red marks all over both my legs.

The marks on my arm were there for about 10 hours. At which point they suddenly disappeared without a trace, leaving fully healed skin. I showed my mother the marks, then walked into the kitchen to show my father, but the marks were gone before I made it into the kitchen, which only took about 10 seconds.

Comment

After having a day to sleep on the disappointment of Wales, what's the thoughts on our hopes of winning the 6 Nations?

Bet365 have Wales -20 in the HC, England -10 and Ireland -7, so based on that, they're expecting;

England +37 (+47) - 4/5 Boyles
                                  Ireland +33 (+40) - 9/5 StanJames
                                  Wales +12 (+32) - 8/1 Betfred

Where's the value based on your own HC?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                    I do the weekly shop in Lidl. It is an absolute joy compared to Dunnes/Tesco. Done in 20 minutes and that's with a 3 year old in toe.
                                    Ya, we've changed to LIDL to over the last year or so, and after years of resisting it's much better than I had imagined. There was a certain amount of trial and error in finding out what things aren't actually nice, but for most things it's pretty good, although less of a product range overall, so a few things have to be got in supervalu or tesco still.

Things like shower gel, shaving gel and that liquid soap stuff are miles cheaper in Lidl and perfectly fine. Even the razor blades are actually fine and miles cheaper.

Comment

Following Russian politics is pretty fun in a we're all fucked way at the moment

Russia's President Vladimir Putin may have been removed from office by army factions or wealthy businessmen either working together or against one another, says Israel's former ambassador to Russia Zvi Magen.
                                      pro-Kremlin Islamic Committee chairman Geydar Dzhemal, reported that former Federal Security Service chief Nikolai Patrushev staged a stealthy coup in Moscow.
                                      As Putin is expected to make a public appearance on Monday, Kremlin has rubbished all the rumours surrounding the Russian leader.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        After having a day to sleep on the disappointment of Wales, what's the thoughts on our hopes of winning the 6 Nations?

Bet365 have Wales -20 in the HC, England -10 and Ireland -7, so based on that, they're expecting;

England +37 (+47) - 4/5 Boyles
                                        Ireland +33 (+40) - 9/5 StanJames
                                        Wales +12 (+32) - 8/1 Betfred

Where's the value based on your own HC?
                                        Wales for sure. Could run up a cricket score if they get points early.

France's defence is actually pretty good and we haven't ever looked like running up a big score.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Following Russian politics is pretty fun in a we're all fucked way at the moment

As Putin is expected to make a public appearance on Monday, Kremlin has rubbished all the rumours surrounding the Russian leader.

2 days ago he was in Russia for the birth of his kid apparently, then it is said he is at home unwell. Is it not all just guessing and chinese whispers? Any credibility to todays rumours?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Is there a anyone at the top of a major silicon valley company who isn't a swivel eyed parasitical libertarian sado-creep?
                                            Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                            Not really limited to Silicon Valley tbf.
                                            True, for some reason these guys really bother me though. In fairness it find it a struggle not to be a cunt on a day to day basis, add a billion to my bank balance and and I wouldn't put up much of a fight

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              2 days ago he was in Russia for the birth of his kid apparently, then it is said he is at home unwell. Is it not all just guessing and chinese whispers? Any credibility to todays rumours?
                                              Kinda hoping he's dead and they try to pull of a 'weekend at bernies' with the corpse. Could pull it off in fairness

Comment

That was in Switzerland no?
                                                same old same old.
                                                It's the news from the Kremlin that causes most of it, he could just have the shits but they'll never say anything to make him seem weak.
                                                The flat out denial of anything out of the ordinary is just fanning the flames.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Anyone holding any dollars?
                                                  Need to grab some soon enough

Comment

That was in Switzerland no?
                                                    same old same old.
                                                    It's the news from the Kremlin that causes most of it, he could just have the shits but they'll never say anything to make him seem weak.
                                                    The flat out denial of anything out of the ordinary is just fanning the flames.
                                                    Yeah meant Switzerland.

Cunt probably had a heart attack. Obv pops steroids and drinks vodka all night.

Comment

Anyone holding any dollars?
                                                      Need to grab some soon enough
                                                      I want to buy loads of them 9 months ago

Is there any graph that shows the least bad currency against the euro in recent months? US/Canada honeymoon looks poor value now. Australia one doesn't look much better. No interest in going to Asia or South America really, and would prefer to leave Europe too.

Comment

Hozier on Other Voices on RTE 2 now for anyone who might be interested. Should be a good show after the year he had in 2014.

Comment

Is there any graph that shows the least bad currency against the euro in recent months? US/Canada honeymoon looks poor value now. Australia one doesn't look much better. No interest in going to Asia or South America really, and would prefer to leave Europe too.
                                                          Go to Iceland.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            Kinda hoping he's dead and they try to pull of a 'weekend at bernies' with the corpse. Could pull it off in fairness
                                                            Wouldn't be the first dead Russian leader to be presented as alive. Stalin, Brezhnev and Chernenko all had very bizarre deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              Hozier on Other Voices on RTE 2 now for anyone who might be interested. Should be a good show after the year he had in 2014.
                                                              Yea he had that one song alright. The mass one.
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yeah go to oanda.com and you can tailor your own graph of euro against any currency you like over whatever time period you like.

Think the least worst currency movement is against the mexican peso.

Edit: we seem to have improved against the Russian rouble... So Russia maybe?
                                                                Last edited by pokerhand; 15-03-15, 23:13.
                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Found it very hard to go to Aldi again after trying out Lidl.

Had always assumed that Aldi was the better one, but clearly not.

Visited a Dunnes and Tesco recently and they are painful experiences compared to Lidl. Tesco has fully lost the plot.
                                                                  What's wrong with Tesco?

I've never shopped in Aldi or Lidl but today in Tesco I bought Tesco brand version of Rice Krispies, and Tesco razors for the first time. You know, just in case there weren't any "free" razors in the own brand Rice Krispies. I suppose instead of buying the razors I could have bought Aldi soap.

Comment

Nothing to see here...

Sure we don't see enda for weeks on end and then think nothing when we see him in a photo with hulk hogan....

Comment

He's quite dull isn't he? Bit of a geek, needs to go out and live a bit and then come back and write some songs out of his experience, because there's no doubt he can bang of a soulful tune. Just missing the soul atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                        The one where he's dreaming of going to the local chapel m8

Comment

Even my 3 year old knows the name of the song. Mrs Bows plays Hozier and Paulo Nutini in the car. I spent today educating her on the beatles. I asked her what her favourite song was. She replies Gracie in the sky with diamonds (her name is Grace)
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Tenerife, Lanzarotte and the other Spanish islands off West Africa, kind of like leaving Europe but still Eurozone.
                                                                            Heard a few people rave about Reunion island in the Indian ocean which is a part of France so uses euro. Probably some other colonies around the world in nice places which use the euro.

Comment

South Africa/Namibia/Botswana. English speaking, good food, spectacular things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                Even my 3 year old knows the name of the song. Mrs Bows plays Hozier and Paulo Nutini in the car. I spent today educating her on the beatles. I asked her what her favourite song was. She replies Gracie in the sky with diamonds (her name is Grace)
                                                                                She sounds a laugh. What did she have for tea?

Comment

...

Comment

People do generally speak in awe at their African trips. Think there's maybe a bit of innate Geldof fear that the whole place is chaos constantly.
                                                                                    No more than, say, Naples. It's different, very different but often in a good way.

Plus you get to feel like a millionaire.

Comment

She sounds a laugh. What did she have for tea?
                                                                                      She is. She was acting up this evening and my wife was giving out to her. She says happy mothers day mama and I burst out laughing. She learned that off me obviously. She had 2 boiled eggs and toast.

Comment

People do generally speak in awe at their African trips. Think there's maybe a bit of innate Geldof fear that the whole place is chaos constantly.
                                                                                        Been to Egypt once, and vowed never again. Place is a hellhole on earth.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Tenerife, Lanzarotte and the other Spanish islands off West Africa, kind of like leaving Europe but still Eurozone.
                                                                                          Heard a few people rave about Reunion island in the Indian ocean which is a part of France so uses euro. Probably some other colonies around the world in nice places which use the euro.
                                                                                          I'm having limited success in proposing anywhere kind of off the beaten path, and neither of us have any interest in a beach holiday type thing, but I like going somewhere I haven't been, but we don't want to go anywhere 35 degrees and humid as fuck either.

Current thinking is 17 days between San Francisco/Hawaii/Vancouver (I've never been to the last 2 of those), previous thinking was SF - Vancouver by road in week and then a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska, spend a couple of days there and come home. Previous idea before that was Sydney/Cairns/Darwin (been to Sydney, but 13 years ago).

All have got crazy dear due to stupid currency fluctuations, and while money isn't a problem (probably cost the guts of 8k minimum for 17 days for the 2 of us anyhow, probably more like 10k) I'd love to think of something great that cost a little less, but I think we'll just have to suck it up given those constraints and preferences. Crazy money to spend on a holiday really.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                            He's quite dull isn't he? Bit of a geek, needs to go out and live a bit and then come back and write some songs out of his experience, because there's no doubt he can bang of a soulful tune. Just missing the soul atm.
                                                                                            Seems incredibly dull alright but he might just be a bad interviewee. As you said maybe he needs to live a little away from Bray. Bought his album recently because of Slane and there's 17 songs but he should have stopped after 9. Hard to get into this show but I am enjoying the music.

The history of Irish rock is on Thursday at 10.15 should be a much better watch.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                              Been to Egypt once, and vowed never again. Place is a hellhole on earth.
                                                                                              Full of dodgy gizas.

Comment

...

Comment

Seems incredibly dull alright but he might just be a bad interviewee. As you said maybe he needs to live a little away from Bray. Bought his album recently because of Slane and there's 17 songs but he should have stopped after 9. Hard to get into this show but I am enjoying the music.

The history of Irish rock is on Thursday at 10.15 should be a much better watch.
                                                                                                  I am completely bored of his album.

Comment

I'm having limited success in proposing anywhere kind of off the beaten path, and neither of us have any interest in a beach holiday type thing, but I like going somewhere I haven't been, but we don't want to go anywhere 35 degrees and humid as fuck either.

Current thinking is 17 days between San Francisco/Hawaii/Vancouver (I've never been to the last 2 of those), previous thinking was SF - Vancouver by road in week and then a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska, spend a couple of days there and come home. Previous idea before that was Sydney/Cairns/Darwin (been to Sydney, but 13 years ago).

All have got crazy dear due to stupid currency fluctuations, and while money isn't a problem (probably cost the guts of 8k minimum for 17 days for the 2 of us anyhow, probably more like 10k) I'd love to think of something great that cost a little less, but I think we'll just have to suck it up given those constraints and preferences. Crazy money to spend on a holiday really.
                                                                                                    Go to Cape Town, you will not regret it!
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      I am completely bored of his album.
                                                                                                      I can't afford to get bored of it til after Slane. I'm taking my little sister and promised her we'd go early enough to see him. I do like the first 9 songs though but the last 8 go nowhere and juzt seem like they were lashed out in a rush.

Comment

The one where he's dreaming of going to the local chapel m8
                                                                                                        Yeah he got his wish. They filmed the show in a church in Dingle.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                          Go to Cape Town, you will not regret it!
                                                                                                          Is that not a bit unsafe in the grand scheme of things? One of the things I like about North America or Australia, etc is the relative safety to wander between bars and then back to the hotel if not too far.

Comment

The 61-year-old has climbed Kilimanjaro, cycled the Ring of Kerry, plays golf, and did a 100km cycle for charity this bank holiday weekend. Phew.

He's our Putin.

Comment

Bitta Blue Steel.

Comment

Is that not a bit unsafe in the grand scheme of things? One of the things I like about North America or Australia, etc is the relative safety to wander between bars and then back to the hotel if not too far.
                                                                                                                I didn't find it unsafe to be honest. Usual rules of being aware of your surroundings and sticking to the main areas apply as with anywhere else.

I never once felt at risk or uncomfortable while we were there, and we wandered around most days. You also have the added benefit of breaking up a city break with winery tours and even a safari visit for something different.

I can understand the concern, and there is real true poverty there. However if you can get past that, it will tick a lot of boxes.
                                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Ship the Irish Open Ticket in the MEGA Satellite thingy,,,
                                                                                                                  It's been a tough March for me so fuck*in delighted....nearly crying here....
                                                                                                                  Roll on Easter.... now to build up my strength.......

Can't wait

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                    Ship the Irish Open Ticket in the MEGA Satellite thingy,,,
                                                                                                                    It's been a tough March for me so fuck*in delighted....nearly crying here....
                                                                                                                    Roll on Easter.... now to build up my strength.......

Can't wait

Irish Open Ticket for Sale... !

Comment

Found it very hard to go to Aldi again after trying out Lidl.

Had always assumed that Aldi was the better one, but clearly not.

Visited a Dunnes and Tesco recently and they are painful experiences compared to Lidl. Tesco has fully lost the plot.
                                                                                                                      Really? I find shopping in Lidl hell, shop layout makes no sense and I find myself wandering around in circles only to find out that they're missing some basic goods, then I have to wait in a giant queue to get out and run the ID gauntlet if I ever buy booze.

Comment

Shopping anywhere in Dublin is a pleasure compared to here. One of the main hypermarkets in Buenos Aires has their version of a self-service checkout. You go and scan all your items, then you get a reciept for the total which you then queue up to pay at the cashier, who only accepts payment after double checking all the items off your reciept with what's in your basket. They bill it as the faster way to shop. Normally any big supermarket here is full of massive queues if you go at the wrong time. Weekday mornings are the only safe time although you have to deal with old people shopping then who have every coupon you could imagine, and like to pay the exact amount in change.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                          Shopping anywhere in Dublin is a pleasure compared to here. One of the main hypermarkets in Buenos Aires has their version of a self-service checkout. You go and scan all your items, then you get a reciept for the total which you then queue up to pay at the cashier, who only accepts payment after double checking all the items off your reciept with what's in your basket. They bill it as the faster way to shop. Normally any big supermarket here is full of massive queues if you go at the wrong time. Weekday mornings are the only safe time although you have to deal with old people shopping then who have every coupon you could imagine, and like to pay the exact amount in change.
                                                                                                                          Move to Roscommon, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X