This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Including the nationality as part of the insult is totally standard. English people really are a xenophobic bunch.
    I had two pieces of brown/white hybrid bread toasted and some tea for breakfast.
    WBU?
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Stewart Lee summed up how I feel about Clarkson very succintly:

The thing about Jeremy Clarkson, right, is I think he’s either an idiot or a genius, right.

He’s either an idiot who actually believes all the badly researched, lying, offensive shit that he says. Or he’s a genius who’s worked out exactly the most accurate way to annoy me.

In which case, fair play to him.

Comment

Including the nationality as part of the insult is totally standard. English people really are a xenophobic bunch.
        Everyone here is a racist too. The young British African American males are the worst, those fuckers straight up hate white folk.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
            Everyone here is a racist too. The young British African American males are the worst, those fuckers straight up hate white folk.
            Would you include yourself among them?

Comment

If I call someone a baldy cunt it doesn't mean I hate bald people. It's just a characteristic identifier I've added to the insult.

It's not as if the guy wasn't Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                If I call someone a baldy cunt it doesn't mean I hate bald people. It's just a characteristic identifier I've added to the insult.

It's not as if the guy wasn't Irish.
                What about if I called someone a black cunt
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Yeah that's what I'm getting to. How is the line set?

Comment

Lots of people would pretend to care about racism and ridicule you.

Comment

I'd much rather be called an Irish cunt than something about my own personal appearance.

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm getting to. How is the line set?
                        This is the argument is have had before. Like if I get in a row with a lad in town and I call him a fat cunt I don't hate all fat people but if I call a lad a Paki cunt I'm a racist
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Really? Its sounds to me that the weight of circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.
                          At this point I'd make him 1/10 to be convicted and that there is some tiny chance it was something less than murder but he would have to take the stand to try and explain it. I know the rules say you shouldn't take any inference from his silence in court but the reality is that is impossible for a jury.

Happy to lay this if you want.

(Haven't read any of the coverage so you're betting against dumb money!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                            I'd much rather be called an Irish cunt than something about my own personal appearance.
                            I would press charges. It is blatant racism. I should not be persecuted.

Comment

For the uninitiated, what is the best site to find a flight?

Comment

This is the argument is have had before. Like if I get in a row with a lad in town and I call him a fat cunt I don't hate all fat people but if I call a lad a Paki cunt I'm a racist
                                Intent. You know that including the race will greatly increase the offensiveness, and you still include it.

You also know that widespread discrimination against fat people by thin people isn't a national problem of great concern to fat people. You're invoking racial discrimination when you mention race in an insult, declaring yourself to be a direct agent of it.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

One that has an airport built on it. Boom!

I'm bored...flight back not for another 4 hours. Might just go to the airport early for a change of scenery.

Comment

or

Google Flights especially good if you could fly to 2/3 different airports.

Comment

Intent. You know that including the race will greatly increase the offensiveness, and you still include it.

You also know that widespread discrimination against fat people by thin people isn't a national problem of great concern to fat people. You're invoking racial discrimination when you mention race in an insult, declaring yourself to be a direct agent of it.
                                      You're an andy bastard.

Comment

Its coming soon
                                        Be prepared
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EUTMPuvHo
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm not sure that's fair. I can't quite formulate why I disagree with it, but I don't think it's as complex as you've made it out to be.

Baldy Cunt => Fine?
                                            Old Geebag => Fine? (what about ageism?)
                                            Fat Prick => Fine? (Fat shaming?)
                                            Pasty Dickhead => Fine? (Body dismorphic?)
                                            Dopey Prick => Fine? (Mental health issues?)
                                            -----------------------------
                                            Black Bastard => Wow, you racist fucker.

What if he is a black bastard?

Comment

If I call a bald person a baldy cunt is that 'worse' than just calling him a cunt?
                                              Is there a reason you would be adding the fact that he is bald?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                Is there a reason you would be adding the fact that he is bald?
                                                Dunno, just seems to be a done thing.

Comment

Was having a drink with a few Irish&O'rish builders a couple of years ago

Wan of them (fat-ish lad) was married to a stunning Indian girl

She went off to the bar to get here round in and I turn to him to and cheekily said that he was punching above his weight

he just turned, laughed, told the lads what i said (told her when she came back) and said to me:

"Aaah Ya, it's great for us that the English are so racist"

Comment

I'm not sure that's fair. I can't quite formulate why I disagree with it, but I don't think it's as complex as you've made it out to be.

Baldy Cunt => Fine?
                                                    Old Geebag => Fine? (what about ageism?)
                                                    Fat Prick => Fine? (Fat shaming?)
                                                    Pasty Dickhead => Fine? (Body dismorphic?)
                                                    Dopey Prick => Fine? (Mental health issues?)
                                                    -----------------------------
                                                    Black Bastard => Wow, you racist fucker.

What if he is a black bastard?
                                                    Pat him playfully Benny Hill style on the head

Comment

Dunno, just seems to be a done thing.
                                                      Reason for adding will give you the answer to your question

if to add an insult to the insult then ya, that would be more insulting, due to the addition of an extra insult

tis maths that

Comment

Reason for adding will give you the answer to your question

if to add an insult to the insult then ya, that would be more insulting, due to the addition of an extra insult

tis maths that
                                                        Yeah but what's "fair game" and what's not? I don't know how to draw the line!

Comment

If you have to ask, it's not

If your not sure, don't say it

The more words you add, the worse it is

Tone of your voice

Tone of their ear

Comment

Android 5.02 update is a pain in the hole

How do I set shit up that's not a pain in the hole?

Baldy google cunts!

Comment

Drinking out of wet glasses . What a great chelto irish turn of phrase

Comment

Lump all your savings onto Conygree and if you win send me a tenner.
                                                                Last edited by Zod; 13-03-15, 15:34.
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

lol, won €100 in those paddy power Cheltenham freerolls.

My Cheltenham ROI biggest on site. Back of the line GAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    Lump all your savings onto Conygree and if you win send me a tenner.
                                                                    You should have all followed me, the Tipping King. Send me a tenner as a display of your fealty.

Comment

You should have all followed me, the Tipping King. Send me a tenner as a display of your fealty.
                                                                      Shipping details?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                        Shipping details?
                                                                        Renua,
                                                                        P.O. box 131
                                                                        Donnybrook
                                                                        Dublin 4

Comment

Renua,
                                                                          P.O. box 131
                                                                          Donnybrook
                                                                          Dublin 4
                                                                          I will design your election posters.

Comment

snap i got $150 in the last one.

Comment

If I am understanding you right you are looking for the optimum balance of hurt from your personal insult and social outrage at your remark. And you are not sure how to weight it properly.

If we have the hurt of the insult as 0-10 and then the social outrage as .1 to 1 with 1 being not much outrage, then calling someone a fucking black bastard might insult them a solid 10 but the social outrage is .1, giving you a weight adjusted insult score of 1. So you would have made a - EV play there, as calling him a fucking thick bastard might have given you an insult of 7 and a social outrage of .8, and so a total insult score of 5.6.

Now it will be contextual. You always want the ace in the hole for the nuclear option of calling him a "nigger". You don't have to ever actually use it, but you know, and he knows, and that gives you a solid hurt score of 3 just sitting in the back pocket. And if your face and slight pause in delivering an insult suggests that you might have been close to it then you could push that implicit score up to 5 or 6 depending on your acting ability.

But getting back to our matrix. Homophobia depends on the crowd, but let's give it a .2 outrage factor and a hurt score of 8 on average. So a fucking faggot cunt is probably a misplay on a total weighted insult score of 1.6.

The fucking bald cunt might have a hurt score of 3, and a social outrage score of .9, which gives you a total of 2.7. Now you have probably missed a trick omitting a "weird" or "ugly" in there, but we will leave the maths of these more complicated ones to the high stakes insulters.

Now that we have established our principle we just have to agree on average hurt ratings and social outrage ratings. Although it must be pointed out the wide variability which exists in the psychological and social impacts of the social outrage person to person.

So...

Racism .1
                                                                              Disability .1
                                                                              Homophobia .2
                                                                              Sectarianism .3
                                                                              Xenophobia .3
                                                                              Sexism (well misogyny) .3
                                                                              Physical appearance insults unrelated to the above will vary hugely from the aforementioned bald .9 to fat .4 (also gender differences here).

This seems like an exciting project. The next time you insult someone, do a little line check and see how optimally you played it. Post a HH up if unsure.
                                                                              Last edited by hotspur; 13-03-15, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                snap i got $150 in the last one.
                                                                                Back of the line CHD, there is a new King in town.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  If I am understanding you right you are looking for the optimum balance of hurt from your personal insult and social outrage at your remark. And you are not sure how to weight it properly.

If we have the hurt of the insult as 0-10 and then the social outrage as .1 to 1 with 1 being not much outrage, then calling someone a fucking black bastard might insult them a solid 10 but the social outrage is .1, giving you a weight adjusted insult score of 1. So you would have made a - EV play there, as calling him a fucking thick bastard might have given you an insult of 7 and a social outrage of .8, and so a total insult score of 5.6.

Now it will be contextual. You always want the ace in the hole for the nuclear option of calling him a "nigger". You don't have to ever actually use it, but you know, and he knows, and that gives you a solid hurt score of 3 just sitting in the back pocket. And if your face and slight pause in delivering an insult suggests that you might have been close to it then you could push that implicit score up to 5 or 6 depending on your acting ability.

But getting back to our matrix. Homophobia depends on the crowd, but let's give it a .2 outrage factor and a hurt score of 8 on average. So a fucking faggot cunt is probably a misplay on a total weighted insult score of 1.6.

The fucking bald cunt might have a hurt score of 3, and a social outrage score of .9, which gives you a total of 2.7. Now you have probably missed a trick omitting a "weird" or "ugly" in there, but we will leave the maths of these more complicated ones to the high stakes insulters.

Now that we have established our principle we just have to agree on average hurt ratings and social outrage ratings. Although it must be pointed out the wide variability which exists in the psychological and social impacts of the social outrage person to person.

So...

Racism .1
                                                                                  Disability .1
                                                                                  Homophobia .2
                                                                                  Sectarianism .3
                                                                                  Xenophobia .3
                                                                                  Sexism (well misogyny) .3
                                                                                  Physical appearance insults unrelated to the above will vary hugely from the aforementioned bald .9 to fat .4 (also gender differences here).

This seems like an exciting project. The next time you insult someone, do a little line check and see how optimally you played it. Post a HH up if unsure.
                                                                                  you forgot political affiliation, which would be a .1 IMO

Comment

I got 3rd in that one too for 80 bucks... (it's dollars btw)

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                      I got 3rd in that one too for 80 bucks... (it's dollars btw)
                                                                                      Thought that was one of yous. Yeah was €95 for shipping all in about 5 times.

Comment

Well done ... absolute carnage but, wtf, it's free money... Thanks Paddy.!

I see you are in the last one too, gl

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                          Well done ... absolute carnage but, wtf, it's free money... Thanks Paddy.!

I see you are in the last one too, gl
                                                                                          Good craic between races, should be loads of those hyper turbo style things. Much more fun version of poker having carnage gambooling.

Comment

Gave back most of winnings today.

In doheny and nisbets atm

SE for confirmed busto later.
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Evening Stretch = grand

Comment

In the greenhouse for the random walk in meal. 1st course of 5 washed down with a nice reisling.
                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Just got a chance to read more about Renua and a couple of things struck me.

First, all their "policies" seem to be incredibly vague. We give out about Sinn Fein for this shit all the time (and rightly so) but they are nothing on Renua. They have a couple of fairly populist ideas without any real thought behind them as far as I can see.

Second, Renua is a medical device company isn't it?
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

It has a certain onomatopoeia with the sound of vomiting which may well turn out to be apt.

Comment

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Android 5.02 update is a pain in the hole

How do I set shit up that's not a pain in the hole?

Baldy google cunts!
                                                                                                        What do you have? I am still on 5.01 and no updates in sight?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

First, all their "policies" seem to be incredibly vague. We give out about Sinn Fein for this shit all the time (and rightly so) but they are nothing on Renua. They have a couple of fairly populist ideas without any real thought behind them as far as I can see.

So vague they can't even finish sentences when talking about their own party!

MUST LISTEN: Terence Flanagan TD dying a death live on air. (Drivetime, RTE Radio One)

Comment

Last longest in boylesports deepstack anyone?

Tenner for giggles

Comment

Lol poker
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                                Last longest in boylesports deepstack anyone?

Tenner for giggles
                                                                                                                Yeah in. Gonlazo. Will xfer on stars when I lose.
                                                                                                                Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                                  Yeah in. Gonlazo. Will xfer on stars when I lose.
                                                                                                                  Grand.

Smurftrader

Comment

I see Lucinda has brought Karl ' if you used a chapter brand of jacks roll you'd save 25 quid a year' Dieter along with her. Hope that's the last we'll ever hear of him
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Epic meal in greenhouse.

In keoghs and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Was reading and thinking about them earlier. Decided to put aside my natural scepticism and give them a chance. They used the word "compassion" as a guiding principle, I liked that. I would support any party that practised compassion based politics.

Now Creighton was against the same-sex referendum a while back before she changed her mind, and that isn't too compassionate. But, she did change her mind when, according to her, she said she realised how much the issue meant to gay friends she has. If true, fair play. And she's quite likeable.

We all agree that politics in this country (and elsewhere for the most part) is not what we would wish it to be, here is something new, I hope people hold fire for a while and give them a chance. It is early days and policies are still not fully formed. Grand. I would rather they take their ethos and vision seriously and take their time.

I also liked the idea that issues of conscience would be open votes. Having the party whip removed for not voting against your deeply held convictions about something like abortion as happened to Creighton feels wrong. I disagree with her position, but I respect her integrity on it.

Comment

Car crash is an understatement. Actually feel sorry for the gobsheen.

--Interview between RTE broadcaster Mary Wilson and RENUA Ireland member Terence Flanagan which has been described as "car crash".--

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X