This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Its always an interesting conundrum, on the one hand you'd expect a genuine innocent person to want to give evidence to shout their own innocence ; otoh its quite hard to defend your innocence calmly when someone is accusing you and losing your rag can make you look bad.

/bar stool lawyer, kayroo could probably pick 47 holes in the above.
    No you're more or less spot on.

It's a spectacular risk to take the stand in your own defence. No way there's enough evidence right now to safely convict Dwyer. Why risk him dropping himself in it?
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Did McSavage rush his lines, like a nervous child in the first scene again? Only to be perfectly fine after the interval.
      Couple of minor mishaps but he seemed fine. The play annoyed me but can't really put my finger on why. A general feeling of 'too fucking smart by half'.

Mrs Duke liked it. Came home to a babysitter literally asleep on the job.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        There seems to be quite a lot of families who do this on YouTube. Bit creepy.
        And make decent money out of it too.

Mrs. Bows was addicted to watching one family on you tube. Bad enough she watches real housewives of some place in the states but that is too creepy.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
          Did McSavage rush his lines, like a nervous child in the first scene again? Only to be perfectly fine after the interval.
          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Couple of minor mishaps but he seemed fine. The play annoyed me but can't really put my finger on why. A general feeling of 'too fucking smart by half'.
          Off to that The Caretaker play at the Gate next week, slightly disappointed reading the start of the synopisis on wiki thats it not some HongKongPhooey style 'caretaker by day, superhero by night' romp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            No you're more or less spot on.

It's a spectacular risk to take the stand in your own defence. No way there's enough evidence right now to safely convict Dwyer. Why risk him dropping himself in it?
            Really? Its sounds to me that the weight of circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.
            At this point I'd make him 1/10 to be convicted and that there is some tiny chance it was something less than murder but he would have to take the stand to try and explain it. I know the rules say you shouldn't take any inference from his silence in court but the reality is that is impossible for a jury.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Really? Its sounds to me that the weight of circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.
              At this point I'd make him 1/10 to be convicted and that there is some tiny chance it was something less than murder but he would have to take the stand to try and explain it. I know the rules say you shouldn't take any inference from his silence in court but the reality is that is impossible for a jury.
              It's all circumstantial and not even particularly indicative at that. Shouldn't talk too much about it here to be fair but remember the burden is beyond a reasonable doubt. He might have been a weird fucker but that doesn't mean he killed her.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    There's the closing argument right there

Do ye gossip (in an advanced barristery non-gossipy way) about these types of cases on the court corridors - make predictions etc?
                    I can neither confirm nor deny. But we are only human...

Comment

Longest winded way to say obviously ever.

Comment

There seems to be quite a lot of families who do this on YouTube. Bit creepy.
                        Yea but money. It won't be creepy. It's not like it will be an invasive all access programme that will cause their lives to spiral, spiral, spiral out of control.

Not in season 1 anyhow, we need an ark.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"wheres our hot food, you lazy fucking Irish cunt" - Jeremy Clarkson to that producer apparently, in addition to assaulting him
                          Last edited by Guest; 13-03-15, 00:03.

Comment

I hope Clarkson has a heart attack whilst balls deep in Piers Morgan.

Comment

Longest winded way to say obviously ever.
                              We may do, we may not, the world shouldn't care, not one jot, things may occasionally be said, but never written, twice shy once bitten

Thats longer, not sure what it means though (reads pretty)

Speaking of reading pretty, District line has some (shite) W.B Yeats written on it, probably explains how lyrical the auld Chelski fans have been recently

Comment

Clarkson was also drunk on rose wine. Cunt.

Comment

It's all circumstantial and not even particularly indicative at that. Shouldn't talk too much about it here to be fair but remember the burden is beyond a reasonable doubt. He might have been a weird fucker but that doesn't mean he killed her.
                                  Has a confirmed timeline be printed yet? I've only partially read articles.

From my brief browsing of the case. He's clearly into piquerism. That's undeniable, and the escalation rate from there to murder has to be pretty high, bit can never be assumed in a court setting. It appears any concrete video evidence predates the murder significantly. The fact it was never reported, and possibly repeated, suggests in was consensual on some level at least. It's not a particularly big stretch for the defense to suggest that the victim sought out this fetish elsewhere and that encounter escalated to murder.

To clarify, I’m not suggesting what may or may not have happened, but pointing out complete circumstantial nature of the evidence so far.
                                  Last edited by Mellor; 13-03-15, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                    I hope Clarkson has a heart attack whilst balls deep in Piers Morgan.
                                    Russell Brand must die.

Comment

Given that you didn't really enjoy the play that much, we're not even going to dwell on the clearly missed babysitter-pics-or-GTFO opportunity.
                                      You're not missing anything. Possibly the most monosyllabic teenager of all time, although the kids like her so maybe she's too damn cool to talk to dinosaurs like us.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bored.

Comment

Comment

Bored.
                                            You're just hungry.

Comment

Given that you didn't really enjoy the play that much, we're not even going to dwell on the clearly missed babysitter-pics-or-GTFO opportunity.
                                              Pics? Finding the babysitter asleep when one arrives home is a mandatory 15 minute video according to my extensive research.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                You're just hungry.
                                                How would you feel if you were getting onto a plane and see that both the pilot and co-pilot are female?

Comment

How would you feel if you were getting onto a plane and see that both the pilot and co-pilot are female?
                                                  Scared and turned on at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Scared and turned on at the same time.
                                                    You can only press one. Which do you press?

Comment

Green one until I get my $100,000,000

Comment

Do what Kayroo says unless I can only press a button one time, in which case it would be the instant 1 mirrion

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-03-15, 00:32.

Comment

If it was multiple pressing of buttons allowed then why would there be two buttons? Angleshooting cunts.

Comment

If it was multiple pressing of buttons allowed then why would there be two buttons? Angleshooting cunts.
                                                              Why would there be two magical money giving buttons? Life is a mystery aint it?

Comment

Why would there be two magical money giving buttons? Life is a mystery aint it?
                                                                Zimbabwean TV game show.

Probably have to fight Lions or something too but we can deal with that when it happens.

Comment

Will this Lifetime Community Rating thing not just increase the pressure on an already underfunded health service?

I mean, will people who didn't have PHI before be arsed getting it now that it cost even more?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-03-15, 01:04.

Comment

Question, I'm looking for a book that is out of print.stock.

Mastering the Rubber Guard by Eddie Bravo
                                                                      A PDF would do, but any sites I've checked only open span, or exe's
                                                                      Don't want to search too deep on the work PC. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        Question, I'm looking for a book that is out of print.stock.

Mastering the Rubber Guard by Eddie Bravo
                                                                        A PDF would do, but any sites I've checked only open span, or exe's
                                                                        Don't want to search too deep on the work PC. Ideas?

Comment

I thought the second button was 100m, 50% chance of death which is a more interested question.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          You're not missing anything. Possibly the most monosyllabic teenager of all time, although the kids like her so maybe she's too damn cool to talk to dinosaurs like us.
                                                                          She may talking slower as you are old?

Comment

Seen that site earlier.
                                                                            Could log in with FB or sign up, but wanted payment.
                                                                            Was a bit unsure about paying in case it wasn't a real or active link.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              1/10 that he's done it =/=> 1/10 conviction.

I'd make him shorter than that to have done it, and far longer to be convicted.

Comment

The pill people who took advantage of the loop-hole

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        Seen that site earlier.
                                                                                        Could log in with FB or sign up, but wanted payment.
                                                                                        Was a bit unsure about paying in case it wasn't a real or active link.
                                                                                        It didn't ask me to sign up or log in. That was the direct link to the PDF. It worked fine for me.

Comment

...

Comment

More accurate summary 'gov sells shambles just in time'
                                                                                            not exactly, There has been some staffing changes in the support for the system, most recently 8 weeks before the first outage.
                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The kid on the walk home from the creche today was bursting with beans as they'd learned their first lowercase letter 'little-e'. Every sign along the walk she would stop and inspect it for little-e's. There's a little-e. Oh there's another one! Let's go to the next sign!!! Oh there's a little-e. Isn't this the best day ever!!! LOOK!!! Another little-e!!!

I add the exclamation marks not because i was dropped on my head as a kid, but to note her high pitched squells at each little-e appearance.

She's 3.5 years old and who knows if this is good or slightly slow that little-e's are only now making themselves known to her.

But:

How can a kid how doesn't go to creche compare with that? Like what parent is going to sit down with their kid and go 'let's spend eight hours today studying the letter E, but small'?

.
                                                                                              teacher : Today we're going to be talking about the little letter e.
                                                                                              HHs kid : Daddy said to mammy it was legal yesterday
                                                                                              curious teacher : Was your daddy VERY happy yesterday ?
                                                                                              HHs Kid : No the horsey took his money
                                                                                              worried teacher : And does daddy give all his money to horsie
                                                                                              HHs Kid : No he give some to man in bottle shop.

Comment

6 day stay for O'Donnell's until their appeal. Tired of waiting for fireworks dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  6 day stay for O'Donnell's until their appeal. Tired of waiting for fireworks dammit.
                                                                                                  Time for a lynch mob imo.

Torches, pitchforks etc.

Comment

...

Comment

is x+y good?
                                                                                                      Chappie?

Comment

The only reason its in the news though is retailer lobby group creating public doubts about the quality of their IT systems, so people won't switch from betting in shops to betting online.

Its quite smart really.
                                                                                                        The 3 major outages which led to people not being able to buy tickets for long periods and one entire draw being postponed for 24 hours - this may be a bigger reason why its in the news.

Comment

The only reason its in the news though is retailer lobby group creating public doubts about the quality of their IT systems, so people won't switch from betting in shops to betting online.

Its quite smart really.
                                                                                                          You don't have two one day outages of the lotto and it not make the news.

Raising doubts about the quality of the in store machine s and the systems supporting them would work against the retailers though?
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            is x+y good?
                                                                                                            Chappie?
                                                                                                            Would also like to hear opinions on Chappie. So far amongst my internet friends it has been total marmite.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                "wheres our hot food, you lazy fucking Irish cunt" - Jeremy Clarkson to that producer apparently, in addition to assaulting him
                                                                                                                it helps with friends like these
                                                                                                                The Prime Minister has called Jeremy Clarkson a "huge talent" as he weighed into the row over the Top Gear presenter's suspension.

Clarkson was suspended following an alleged fracas with a producer on his TV motoring show, reportedly over a lack of catering after filming.

More than 600,000 people have now signed an online petition calling for the 54-year-old star to be reinstated.

Clarkson - who is a friend of David Cameron and lives in his Witney constituency in Oxfordshire - laughed off his latest controversy, telling reporters he was "off to the job centre
                                                                                                                When asked if he planned to resign after reportedly trying to punch 36-year-old producer Oisin Tymon, he replied: "I've been suspended, haven't I?"

Asked if his suspension was over a row about food, he said "no, no, no" but said "yes" when asked if he had any regrets about what had happened.

He was later photographed watching Chelsea in their Champions League game against Paris Saint-Germain at Stamford Bridge.

Mr Cameron commented: "He's a constituent of mine, he's a friend of mine, he's a huge talent. I see that he said he regrets some of what happened.

"Because he is a talent and he does amuse and entertain so many people, including my children who'll be heartbroken if Top Gear is taken off air, I hope this can be sorted out because it is a great programme and he is a great talent."
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If I call a bald person a baldy cunt is that 'worse' than just calling him a cunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    If I call a bald person a baldy cunt is that 'worse' than just calling him a cunt?
                                                                                                                    depends if he is Brazilian or not.

Comment

I just walked overhead three of my female classmates talking about all the celebs that are in the illuminati.

Apparently Katie Perry said she isn't, but wishes she was.
                                                                                                                      Jim Carrey admitted it on Jimmy Kimmel. He said he was 'sick of all the lies'. Apparently Jimmy Kimmel is too.

Wonder was Jim taking the piss.

First google result: http://www.collective-evolution.com/...al-television/

Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Including the nationality as part of the insult is totally standard. English people really are a xenophobic bunch.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I couldn't be less outraged about Clarkson calling someone an Irish cunt or a whatever cunt. He is just a total grade A twat, as is his hamster. They should both fuck off and share a flat with Andy Gray.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X