This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Cracking game. Hope PSG deliver tomorrow night too.
    Have to shout for any English teams at this stage imo
    airport, lol

Comment

Anyone want to aftertime the correct score at 450/1

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Pfft. Fuck that. Vive la psg.

SPOILER
        obviously cheer all English clubs in Europe. Always. Was trying to wind Chd up til you runied my fun I was even cheering Liverpool in Istanbul. I'm not sure any Liverpool fan would ever cheer United in a final.

Comment

Pfft. Fuck that. Vive la psg.

SPOILER
          obviously cheer all English clubs in Europe. Always. Was trying to wind Chd up til you runied my fun I was even cheering Liverpool in Istanbul. I'm not sure any Liverpool fan would ever cheer United in a final.
          Wouldn't bother me.

I miss the days of everyone really hating Chelsea. Jose the little genius has made himself the hate figure and not the team/club.

Comment

Looked this up. Only for Chelsea England would be in trouble. Unless the English clubs pick it up next year they will be in trouble.

So yeah, Premier League fans need Chelsea to keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              Wouldn't bother me.

I miss the days of everyone really hating Chelsea. Jose the little genius has made himself the hate figure and not the team/club.
              Whatever about PL rivalry. I always supported the English teams in Europe. It used to annoy me to see lads who watch the PL every week, who have a panic attack if they missed MOTD to cheer against those teams in Europe. Usually the same lads who call Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc wankers when they play for England but Gods when playing for their club. Silly imo. You surely want to see your players do well for the national team too

Comment

Whatever about PL rivalry. I always supported the English teams in Europe. It used to annoy me to see lads who watch the PL every week, who have a panic attack if they missed MOTD to cheer against those teams in Europe. Usually the same lads who call Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc wankers when they play for England but Gods when playing for their club. Silly imo. You surely want to see your players do well for the national team too
                I enjoy watching Chelseas PL rivals get beaten in Europe. I dislike them all very much.

I enjoy coming 6th in the league but winning the CL and therefore denying Cuntface Redknapp and Spurs CL football. Very enjoyable.

I enjoy Liverpool taking a step towards being an elite club again then promptly taking 2 steps backwards. I find that very enjoyable.

Arsenal are Chelseas bitch. I enjoy that. I also enjoy when they get slapped around by average European teams.

City can go fuck themselves. I enjoy watching them fail. I enjoy that.

What I like the most is when United fall to bits and watching the worlds longest running bandwagon fall apart. I've been calling for it for years and I have been absolutely loving watching it unfold before my eyes. My only complaint is that old whiskey noses sorry glum face isn't shown more up in the executive boxes. BUT I don't enjoy that Dobby. I fucking love it.
                Last edited by CHDad; 10-03-15, 22:30.

Comment

I enjoy watching Chelseas PL rivals get beaten in Europe. I dislike them all very much.

I enjoy coming 6th in the league but winning the CL and therefore denying Cuntface Redknapp and Spurs CL football. Very enjoyable.

I enjoy Liverpool taking a step towards being an elite club again then promptly taking 2 steps backwards. I find that very enjoyable.

Arsenal are Chelseas bitch. I enjoy that. I also enjoy when they get slapped around by average European teams.

What I like the most is when United fall to bits and watching the worlds longest running bandwagon fall apart. I've been calling for it for years and I have been absolutely loving watching it unfold before my eyes. My only complaint is that old whiskey noses sorry glum face isn't shown more up in the executive boxes. BUT I don't enjoy that Dobby. I fucking love it.
                  You sound angrier than usual m8.

You ok hun? xoxo

Comment

You ok hun? xoxo
                    Football needs more hate. Cheering on rival clubs in Europe is rugby shite. You'll be wanting people to patronisingly applaud the losing team off the pitch next

Comment

You ok hun? xoxo
                      Just my inner Chelsea racist thuggish behaviour shining through, Dobby. I'm tops me, m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        Theres a great film out in the cinema at the moment, Hyena. Dark, violent and brooding with a great score and cinematography, it tells the story of a bent coppers shifting loyalties.
                        I was quite looking forward to it, like the genre, and am a great fan of Stephen Graham, but I thought the film was poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          Theres a great film out in the cinema at the moment, Hyena. Dark, violent and brooding with a great score and cinematography, it tells the story of a bent coppers shifting loyalties.

Peter Ferdinando stars in Gerard Johnson's dark, stylish crooked cop thriller.Subscribe to Film4 for more interviews, clips and trailers: https://bit.ly/2up0...

Soundtrack composed by THE THE
                          THE THE ?, wow, they take me back a bit. Underrated band, cool that they just kept on going. Matt Johnson a voice from my past. Cool fecking dude. This tune would surely do any playlist proud. A few irish bands had this sound back then.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ive noticed that less businesspeople profess to be man u fans in those newspaper profiles with the godawful caricatures of the interviewee. I guess its harder to make bullshit analogies now they aren't winning all around them.
                            Which reminds me, I must trawl YouTube for berties stint on the premiership, missed it when it happened, if it actually did happen and it's not just part of some half remembered fever dream I had

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Football needs more hate. Cheering on rival clubs in Europe is rugby shite. You'll be wanting people to patronisingly applaud the losing team off the pitch next
                              Not to that extent, just always find myself rooting for arsenal / Chelsea at this stage without putting too much thought into it. Obviously not too bothered if they lose.

Agree on the hate thing, I hate this shake hands before the game bollocks, they're the fucking enemy for next 90 mins, shake hands after
                              airport, lol

Comment

Chaditude.

Comment

Ive noticed that less businesspeople profess to be man u fans in those newspaper profiles with the godawful caricatures of the interviewee. I guess its harder to make bullshit analogies now they aren't winning all around them.
                                  Which reminds me, I must trawl YouTube for berties stint on the premiership, missed it when it happened, if it actually did happen and it's not just part of some half remembered fever dream I had
                                  Happened. Watched the first min of it recently.

United fair weather fan base has been decimated. A lot of publicans have been hit hard in the pocket.

Comment

On a football related topic. Will RTE be showing a live LOI game every week on Friday night or did they just show Rovers because it was the season opener? Very hard to follow it down here without going to Cork or Limerick to watch games and that's not always possible. Soccer republic on a Monday night is grand but a live game each week would be better.

Comment

Better Call Saul

SPOILER
                                      What an episode! Fuck, this could be seriously good.

Comment

Not to that extent, just always find myself rooting for arsenal / Chelsea at this stage without putting too much thought into it. Obviously not too bothered if they lose.

Agree on the hate thing, I hate this shake hands before the game bollocks, they're the fucking enemy for next 90 mins, shake hands after
                                        Wow, agreeing with Honda. That's a first.

Comment

On a football related topic. Will RTE be showing a live LOI game every week on Friday night or did they just show Rovers because it was the season opener? Very hard to follow it down here without going to Cork or Limerick to watch games and that's not always possible. Soccer republic on a Monday night is grand but a live game each week would be better.
                                          RTÉ and Setanta have deals to show games. Not too sure how it works but on average every 3 weeks or so you will get a game on RTÉ probably. They probably show the minimum and keep their budget for cup games towards end of season.

Comment

Last year they showed around 15/16 league games over the 33 weeks, mostly Friday but some Saturdays as well, plus 4 or 5 cup games near the end. SetantaIRL also weighed in with about 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                              Better Call Saul

SPOILER
                                              What an episode! Fuck, this could be seriously good.
                                              BCS
                                              SPOILER
                                              More Mike episodes plz.

Not focusing everything on Saul and showing Mikes story is class. Shaping up to be quality TV.

Comment

They last won the title in 2012/13 not 1989, don't be going all Mark Twainish now. (sorry that's me going all Mark twainish)
                                                A Security gaurd at the last company I worked for was the father of that disgraced Td McNulty (remember the FB perving) well he was a huge Lolpool hater. His last words to me where. Will, I can't believe it, it will be unbearable if they win the title. Lovely man but in the scheme of things the footie is just banter, you are taking it too far if you are sitting in a pub wearing a PL jersey and shaking hands with the opponent/jersey wearer when the game is over. Sad about Paddy, his son must be suffering but for the sake of my respect for Paddy I hope it wasn't Suarez that finished him off.

Comment

RTÉ and Setanta have deals to show games. Not too sure how it works but on average every 3 weeks or so you will get a game on RTÉ probably. They probably show the minimum and keep their budget for cup games towards end of season.
                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Last year they showed around 15/16 league games over the 33 weeks, mostly Friday but some Saturdays as well, plus 4 or 5 cup games near the end. SetantaIRL also weighed in with about 10 games.
                                                  Thanks, will keep an eye on it. Got the LOI bug last year when I jumped on the Dundalk bandwagon. A mate of mine living down here is from there and we had good banter with some Cork fans in his pub last season. And since I changed jobs I will get to catch a few more games this season and maybe travel to one at some stage hopefully. Also, another mate of mine is working with Cork now so be nice to follow their progress and his.

Comment

I'm sure shares in Keenex have gone through the roof this past 18 months with the ABUs wanking and the United fans crying.

You're no good can't you see
                                                    Brother Louie Louie Louie

Comment

This. I hate all you other cunts and hope you fail miserably.

I must have imagined all Dobbys posts every time Liverpool made a balls of things in Europe this season.

Comment

Racing Post was saying today that if Mullins' 4 came in the bookmaking industry was said to lose in the region of £100m.

I wonder how many bananas Ruby could buy after bringing Annie down at the last.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Looked this up. Only for Chelsea England would be in trouble. Unless the English clubs pick it up next year they will be in trouble.

So yeah, Premier League fans need Chelsea to keep it up.
                                                          It would take years for the PL to lose it's 4th spot and even then it would only happen if the Italian clubs crushed in Europe which is never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            hmm vastly more thanks for Davs wrong post than the post correcting Dav.
                                                            Found that hilarious tbh. But not in the least surprising.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What's for breakfast?
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                What's for breakfast?
                                                                Bacon & eggs, cup of tea.
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                  What's for breakfast?
                                                                  Small omelette with ham and cheese and a slice wholemeal toast + cuppa tea

Comment

Hitch, did you take a piss at Grand Canal Dock yesterday?

SPOILER

Comment

I still hate Chelsea. Not as much as I used to. Nowadays I have a grudging respect for the likes of Mourinho or Drogba, but they are still right up there with the world's biggest cunts. I actually like Gary Neville more than I like Mourinho at this point, which is quite an achievement on Gary's part. Drogba has mellowed a lot and seems to have spontaneously developed a sense of humour in his 30s. That was a good move by him, too.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Mourinho is fantastic, from his coaching ability down to his absolutely top notch wumming.
                                                                        Shouldn't really admit it as a Liverpool fan.

Comment

We're all getting poorer by the minute, euro 1.05 now

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Long may it continue!
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Speak for yourself. I'm coming home at Easter and it looks like I'll have a hefty lump more cash to spend than originally expected!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

No incriminating photo.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                  Long may it continue!
                                                                                  It's only getting started!

Comment

Long may it continue!
                                                                                    Speak for yourself. I'm coming home at Easter and it looks like I'll have a hefty lump more cash to spend than originally expected!
                                                                                    Beautiful for expats, especially when returning next week!! Still against the AUD it's still quite low. 0.72 now but I remember a about 2 years ago it was 0.86 but better than the 0.66 it was a few months ago

Comment

It's only getting started!
                                                                                      Really? What your prediction? How low will it go?
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                        Beautiful for expats, especially when returning next week!! Still against the AUD it's still quite low. 0.72 now but I remember a about 2 years ago it was 0.86 but better than the 0.66 it was a few months ago
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I've a house deposit sitting in my UK savings account getting more valuable by the minute.

Comment

I've a house deposit sitting in my UK savings account getting more valuable by the minute.
                                                                                            For a house in Ireland yeah?

Comment

For a house in Ireland yeah?
                                                                                              Yep. We've been waiting for a decent currency swing before we transfer it over here. So if you could tell me when we're at the absolute trough, that would really help. TIA.

Comment

I put 3k into my AIB account to prevent myself from starting to get charged for my Irish account (that's never used) last September.

That move cost me at least €300 already.

Fuck AIB.

Comment

Yep. We've been waiting for a decent currency swing before we transfer it over here. So if you could tell me when we're at the absolute trough, that would really help. TIA.
                                                                                                  My advice would be as good as the advice I could offer to you at a roulette table I'm afraid. Doesn't help being way out of touch with Irish and Euro politics/economies as well

Comment

lol read the abstract:

Comment

That's like waiting for red to be due.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                        Really? What your prediction? How low will it go?
                                                                                                        No reason for it to stop really, US is expected to raise rates while the EU is printing money.

Comment

That's like waiting for red to be due.
                                                                                                          Is it? I wouldn't know about such things.

Comment

No reason for it to stop really, US is expected to raise rates while the EU is printing money.
                                                                                                            Heading to Vegas next summer so should i just start buying dollars now rather than sticking a few quid away each month?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Heading to Vegas next summer so should i just start buying dollars now rather than sticking a few quid away each month?
                                                                                                              Too late really. thechamp87 killed the game already!

Comment

I must get Kayroo to knock me up a disclaimer, bar not recommending you use your house deposit for currency speculation, nothing posted in this thread constitutes financial advice

Comment

Too late really. thechamp87 killed the game already!
                                                                                                                  yep.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

buy all bank shares when they drop imo

My 16kg kettlebell arrived in work, reception had trouble even bringing it up to me, this should be great craic.

Comment

Haha

Comment

Gambol.

Comment

Excellent article in the Grauniad today about the stupidity of liberal identity politics:

Assumption creep may be accurate in some cases. We all know about the “I’m not a racist, but … ” arguments. But more often than not, it simply isn’t true. To insist otherwise is lazy. It’s just a way of making sure people who have opinions contrary to your own stay safely in their boxes – the boxes marked “bad people”. To actually address the issues is thus avoided, because who needs to debate with a bad person? It’s enough just to condemn them.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X