Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to make these today http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/h...azed-meatballs

But dunno what to serve them with. Pasta? Dont think my dad likes pasta though!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      GAA is riddled as well IMO.
      This scares the hell out of me. I am almost certain you are right but it's like I don't want to believe it. Looking at the unbelievable increases in strength and the near ridiculous levels of work most GAA players put in without the rest periods afforded to professionals is deepening my fear that we aren't far away from a major GAA doping scandal.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Wonder would old Solks still claim that Kelly and Roche were the GOAT Irish Sportsmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          This scares the hell out of me. I am almost certain you are right but it's like I don't want to believe it. Looking at the unbelievable increases in strength and the near ridiculous levels of work most GAA players put in without the rest periods afforded to professionals is deepening my fear that we aren't far away from a major GAA doping scandal.
          Its not really that ridiculous, and how don't they get rest periods?
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Foreskin protected my penis from a blender, doctor said I was lucky to have it or I coulda lost the damn wang man. Evolution does it again!
            Storytime!
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've heard a few things that leave me with little enough doubt. Club players are 100% taking stuff, so would be hard to imagine county players not at it.

I remember my old man talking about the Northern teams in the late 90s as being up to no good, reckoned it had been going on sporadically for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Its not really that ridiculous, and how don't they get rest periods?
                Train the same amount to professional athletes but go to work instead of recovery time.

That's how playing for Kerry compared to playing for Sydney Swans anyway according to Tommy Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  Pretty amazing sights witnessed here in County Waterford to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDV3e8tW9KQ#t=212
                  Three of us went down to visit my mate in Waterford Saturday and ended up staying and going on the lash. The pubs he brought us to were all pretty shit though. The hub, shots? and revolution. What would be the decent places for a fine gentleman like myself with a taste for milf types or over 21 at least?

Had to buy the worst pair of jeans I've even seen in dunnes stores as well as they were the only ones in my size.

Comment

Love Hello Canvas, ordered this Thursday. I took the pic at the perfect time when Colm was coming home at the airport. absolutely love the way Mia is looking to catch his hand

60 x 40 for only 40 quid!

Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Surely Usain Bolt is clean as a whistle?
                      I'm not sure if your serious but I reckon Bolt is clean, because surely he would be subjected to tests all the time and for everything and especially after the lance thing they would be even more vigorous

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Football is the only real drug free sport left out there imo.
                        Barca been doping for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Apparently circumcision is ridic good for your health. Bit hard (personally) to consider chopping off part of your penis approaching 37 though.
                          How?
                          Circumcision was created to stop sand fucking up your willy.
                          As long as you give it an oul wash, I think you'll be grand.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Train the same amount to professional athletes but go to work instead of recovery time.

That's how playing for Kerry compared to playing for Sydney Swans anyway according to Tommy Walsh.
                            What is 'recovery time'.

Recovery is part of training like a pro. You aren't training like a pro if you aren't recovering. Either you need to recover more or train less. Either way your approach isn't akin to that of a professional.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                              I'm not sure if your serious but I reckon Bolt is clean, because surely he would be subjected to tests all the time and for everything and especially after the lance thing they would be even more vigorous
                              Retrospective testing is the acid test these days I guess. We won't ever really know about dopers at that level until years down the line when the tests catch up and by that stage people will probably not care as much and the cycle continues.

Comment

A PENSIONER has drowned while swimming across a pond in order to remove two Irish tricolour flags which had been erected. - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news....llhSbGsG.dpuf
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  Anybody upgrade the Moto G to 4.4.4?
                                  Yes.
                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Barca been doping for years.
                                    AC Milan surely the original and best.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

UN Human Rights Committee Chairman Nigel Rodley gives his closing remarks in Geneva.

UN thoughts on symphisiotomy, magdalenes, rights of the mother etc.

Describes the lack of accountability.

Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                        Darwin award candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                          Yes.
                                          All good?
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Darwin award candidate.
                                              Acceptance probably depends on what religion Darwin was!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                Meh!

The tompkins times

You have more interest in that guff than 99.99999% of the people who follow Liverpool!

I wouldn't even waste my time looking for a United equivalent

Comment

All good?
                                                  They keep messing with the dialer.. but as I never call anyone it's barely noticeable

Not really sure what else has changed but SWMBO also upgraded and hasn't complained.
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                    You heard wrong. The HPV vaccine immunises women against genital warts. In 2014 we are approaching zero good reasons for anyone to ever get a circumcision. At this point there are many doctors who will only recommend it for chronic fungal infections. Even then it's kind of a wash on whether the patients quality of life will be improved: circumcised men have a greatly increased probability of erectile disfunction and inability to achieve orgasm in later life.
                                                    and this:

Orthodox Jews with herpes need to stop applying ‘direct oral suction’ to baby penises
                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Its a tough call between the Wire and the Sopranos imo. Everyone will of course have their favourites but nobody can deny that they are both really quality shows. I only get miffed when I hear people referring to shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones in the same vein. Yes decent enough shows but not top tier by any stretch

Comment

I think I'd watch 27/30 of these ideas http://balls.ie/football/30-sport-do...-must-be-made/

Comment

What is 'recovery time'.

Recovery is part of training like a pro. You aren't training like a pro if you aren't recovering. Either you need to recover more or train less. Either way your approach isn't akin to that of a professional.
                                                          Drugs reduce time required for recovery. So amateur players can train to a professional standard while maintaining full time jobs/education. That's the point
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

What is 'recovery time'.

I'm not sure if/whether/why you're being snarky here, but both mine and Kayroo's posts are directly talking about the difference between training as a pro and training as an amateur.

Maybe I've missed the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              I think I'd watch 27/30 of these ideas http://balls.ie/football/30-sport-do...-must-be-made/
                                                              All sound v good to me

Comment

What does "30 for 30" mean? Google is unclear.

Comment

Drugs reduce time required for recovery. So amateur players can train to a professional standard while maintaining full time jobs/education. That's the point
                                                                  Absolutely.

But its not unfeasible that a player or players who had previously had a joke of a setup with regards to training, nutrition and recovery, which the Intercounty teams undoubtedly did have, and now have a much more professional approach, could make the improvements naturally that you see.

It could be PEDs. It absolutely could be but the improvements in physiques and work capactity that you call 'unbelievable' and 'ridiculous' aren't so great as to be attributed to PEDs and instill fear like you mention. I don't see anything hugely outlying to suggest it.

At least with Lance, Bolt etc you have individuals with hugely advanced and optimal training methods of which the athletes before them and around them had the same, yet, these guys still blaze new trails. Thats much more suspicious than a random intercounty player who used to run laps and do endless push ups getting his act together and coming back in proper condition.

I may be going down the route of naivety again but at least this time its relatively informed.

I also don't know where intercounty players would get the money from for PEDs.

People mentioning teams in the past 'being up to no good' or being suspicious of teams nowadays. Well, most old school GAA people and even a lot of the newer generation still think whey and creatine are steroids so I wouldn't pay much heed.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rugby, Soccer, NFL, AFL any professional sport was riddled. In fact Id be surprised if they weren't. I would be very surprised if your average intercounty player was taking PEDs, particularly intravenous PEDs.

Comment

Stream the latest episode of 30 for 30 on Watch ESPN. ESPN's award-winning documentary series.

Comment

Oh you are a lucky man
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Oh you are a lucky man
                                                                        Saw people doing countdowns of their favourite songs/sporting moments etc and calling it "30 for 30" so was confused. Phrase seems to be just basically meaningless.

Comment

I'm not sure if/whether/why you're being snarky here, but both mine and Kayroo's posts are directly talking about the difference between training as a pro and training as an amateur.

Maybe I've missed the point.
                                                                          I'm not trying to be snarky!

My point is though, that GAA players aren't training like professionals. Therefore, Kayroos fear that the fact they are training as hard as professionals yet not getting the recovery time that professionals get and so, must be using drugs to aid in recovering in order to train like professionals it unfounded.

They train hard. No doubt. They certainly train harder than they have in the past, and they are making huge leaps forward which is to be lauded.

Look at AFL players though, they train like professionals. They average GAA player has a physique no where near that of even the worst AFL player. Thats what training like a pro gets you. If GAA players really were training like pro's you wouldn't have fat players. AFL is probably riddled with PEDs, as the recent Essendon situation has intimated, but the point is still that GAA players don't need PEDs to recover because they aren't training like pro's.

Comment

Saw people doing countdowns of their favourite songs/sporting moments etc and calling it "30 for 30" so was confused. Phrase seems to be just basically meaningless.
                                                                            What I meant was, have you not seen all the documentaries? Get stuck in!
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

What I meant was, have you not seen all the documentaries? Get stuck in!
                                                                              I haven't seen any of them, they're worth a look I take it!?

Comment

si

Think this is the first

The History of the United States Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  Funny story.

Poor form though posting a pic of the man imo, he did nothing wrong as far as I can see.
                                                                                  yeah, you're right, it's not outside the realms of possibility that someone would know him, know of him etc, will take it down.
                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

You're a very lucky man.

They are fantastic with the exception of a few.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

The women dont really get Sopranos though do they. You know you have a good un when they sit there seemingly content to watch it through with you.

Comment

after the Lance Armstrong thing, I kinda became a cynic too, and kinda half assume basically everyone is on something. I really do feel for athletes though, as it does seem to be a case of cheat, or you're at a disadvantage. It'd be kinda like HUDs were made illegal in online poker. It's so hard to police, many people would still use them anyway, so you're in a situation of breaking the rules and using one, or not using one and being at a big disadvantage. (obviously health risks and all that aren't applicable to HUDs!).

I think the closer to pure physical ability the sport is, the more impacting and prevalent drug use would be, so you'd have to assume something stuff like cycling and weightlifting would be the most at risk sports. The thing with something like soccer, all the drugs in the world aren't going to have as big of an impact. You may be bigger, faster, stronger and have more stamina, but you still would likely be a million miles away from the likes of Messi and Pirlo. Using that logic, sports like rugby would seem to be becoming more at risk, as there is an increasing emphasis put on strength and size.

With team sports, I don't think there's any need for an epidemic, (with maybe an asterisk beside rugby, because I guess there's a danger of creating 25 stone wingers if things get really bad). For any pure athletic sports, I dunno, it's hard to think it's an even playing field the whole time. I'm only a casual observer of these sports, so I wouldn't really lose any sleep over it. It sounds very cynical, but I think it's the same opinion many casual observers of the sport would have, and that generally would be something like 1) fair play to him/her for winning 2) he/she might be on something 3) but even so, it takes some effort to get to that level regardless (which is a point that will always stand, drugs or no drugs*), and it's not like they're the only one on something.

It's the wrong way to think about things, but it's almost like all the doping cancels itself out so fuck it. If I was a massive fan of said sports though, I'm sure I'd have a stronger opinion though and wouldn't just be able to accept this 'there's a good chance everyone's doing it' thought process. There's also a chance I'm wrong and my opinion (that there's a chance a lot of athletes are on something) is invalid, but even not being well informed, based on what I do know, I think it's a reasonable opinion to have.

*just on this point, I think it's relevant to note, there's no top athlete that got there solely because of drugs. Drugs give the extra percentages that are so critical at the top level.
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Are you locked into some sort of essay length post bet Jam-fly?
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Are you locked into some sort of essay length post bet Jam-fly?
                                                                                            yeah on the third paragraph I really thought to myself, 'fuck sake, this really is too long for a casual post'. I don't like being brief I guess.
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Anyway, on another note, The Rubberbandits' new song:

Cast:Gabriel Byrne as Himself http://www.theagency.ie/#!gabriel-byrne/ca90Jeff Doyle as Puppeteer https://www.facebook.com/crookedgentlemenShot and Cut by Ra...
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Whose running the next Sheep game.

C'mon.

Comment

HUD analogy is good.

I don't care what drugs athletes use as long as there is a level playing pitch.

I'd prefer if they weren't doing themselves long term harm, but the same goes for rugby players who probably getting brain damage and all the NH jockeys who are human wrecks when they finish up.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                    Three of us went down to visit my mate in Waterford Saturday and ended up staying and going on the lash. The pubs he brought us to were all pretty shit though. The hub, shots? and revolution. What would be the decent places for a fine gentleman like myself with a taste for milf types or over 21 at least?

Had to buy the worst pair of jeans I've even seen in dunnes stores as well as they were the only ones in my size.
                                                                                                    They're a bit shit alright, Geoff's I'd say, it's in the middle of the ones you mentioned.
                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                      The women dont really get Sopranos though do they. You know you have a good un when they sit there seemingly content to watch it through with you.
                                                                                                      Nope. There are as many important female characters as male. Carmela, Janice, Livia, Dr. Melfi, Adriana etc. The show is more about family, the domain of the female, than The Family.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Whose running the next Sheep game.

C'mon.
                                                                                                        Will do one so.

Comment

Nope. There are as many important female characters as male. Carmela, Janice, Livia, Dr. Melfi, Adriana etc. The show is more about family, the domain of the female, than The Family.
                                                                                                          Thats all weighed up.

Comment

Ultimate Brag

My heart is fucking pounding!!! Decided to put €200 of my bankroll into making 10k in a day... Put as much research into horse racing as I can muster with my lack of knowledge and wanted to have a really nice amount in bankroll for the horse I really liked the look of which was mister manannan.. I fucking did it... actually still shaking!!

I have not made 10k in a day since possibly the 25/50 days in 2007 but maybe never.. and I cannot remember actually having 5 figures just resting in my account. In absolute shock but delight and I will not take any bets on when I will blow it all... haha. Just bragging before going to celebrate
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              Rugby had less overall tests and more positive tests than cycling last year
                                                                                                              People should just assume doping is rife throughout sport at the elite level and enjoy the ride.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                My heart is fucking pounding!!! Decided to put €200 of my bankroll into making 10k in a day... Put as much research into horse racing as I can muster with my lack of knowledge and wanted to have a really nice amount in bankroll for the horse I really liked the look of which was mister manannan.. I fucking did it... actually still shaking!!

I have not made 10k in a day since possibly the 25/50 days in 2007 but maybe never.. and I cannot remember actually having 5 figures just resting in my account. In absolute shock but delight and I will not take any bets on when I will blow it all... haha. Just bragging before going to celebrate
                                                                                                                Is that 8k from one horse or whats the story?

WD btw
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                  I think the closer to pure physical ability the sport is, the more impacting and prevalent drug use would be, so you'd have to assume something stuff like cycling and weightlifting would be the most at risk sports. The thing with something like soccer, all the drugs in the world aren't going to have as big of an impact. You may be bigger, faster, stronger and have more stamina, but you still would likely be a million miles away from the likes of Messi and Pirlo.
                                                                                                                  Messi was pumped full of Human Growth Hormone while in the barca academy

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Sticking the guts of 2k on a horse takes some balls
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Is that 8k from one horse or whats the story?

WD btw
                                                                                                                      Yeah... went completely insane today for the laugh :P, backed him for €1705 at 6.27 average odds and then laid at 6.19 avg odds for €100.. can't remember why, all a bit blurry to be fair
                                                                                                                      SPOILER

8k race, all on mister manannan(spelled this wrong earlier and all haha)
                                                                                                                      Back subtotal: 8,978.00
                                                                                                                      Lay subtotal: -519.50
                                                                                                                      Market subtotal: 8,458.50
                                                                                                                      Commission @ 4.4%: 372.17
                                                                                                                      Net Market Total: 8,086.33

This has got all the fine details, minus commission and whatnot. Thanks btw, time to go travelling for a few years
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      First race:
                                                                                                                      Lay Enriching at 6.8 for €20.50 and Lifejacket at 5.81 for €23.45. €42.02 profit

Second race:
                                                                                                                      Lay Rainford Glory at 2.04 for €132.90. €127.05 profit

Third race:
                                                                                                                      Back Fast Act at 10.5 for €265.07. €265.07 loss and only have €100 bankroll remaining

Fourth race:
                                                                                                                      Back What a party at 2.06 for €100. €101.34 profit

Fifth race:
                                                                                                                      Lay Groor at 2.66 for €20.00. €33.20 loss, only layed because thought price was wrong and had previously tried to back for 100 at 3.05 but unmatched.

Sixth race:
                                                                                                                      Backed 3 horses and all lost, Amarillo(€5), Garswood(€5) and Toormore(€58.14) for €68.14 loss

Seventh race:
                                                                                                                      Back Go Far at 5.8 for €100, €458.88 profit. Was effectively full roll at this stage

Eight race:
                                                                                                                      Misclicked and layed Horsforth at 5.13 avg odds for €50, decided to still go with what I thought and backed at 4.8 for €458.88. Also backed Ruby Rose for €50(shocking race). Horsforth won and €1,421.87 profit

Ninth race:
                                                                                                                      Lay of Havana Cooler@3.70 for €105.00. €100.38 profit

Tenth race:
                                                                                                                      Backed Tommys secret at 6.6 for €100, backed tyrsal at 21.00 for €25 and then when photo was called backed mr win at 30.00 for €4.50. Overall €507.69 profit

Eleventh race:
                                                                                                                      Backed Mister Manannan at 6.27 for €1,705.00, lay Mister Manannan at 6.19 for €100.00. €8,086.33 profit
                                                                                                                      Last edited by mdoug; 29-07-14, 16:01.
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Congrats. Don't lose your phone this time!

Comment

Not a surprise surely? I know lads playing AIL and even lower who are taking stuff they shouldn't be.

Could swear I read somewhere last year that 13 of the starting 15 in one of the 6Ns teams "have asthma" because there's something useful in the inhalers. Same thing Aidan O'Mahony was caught for a few years ago and left off presumably.

GAA is riddled as well IMO.
                                                                                                                          Is it salbutamol? Frankie Sheehan was banned for it but didn't declare he had an inhaler. Later overturned iirc.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                          Planning on buying a new laptop, just sold my desktop, just simply too big and think I'm going to go with a MacBook. Feel fine buying it 2nd hand options are:

MacBook Pro Retina mid 2012 i7 2.6ghz 8gb ram 15inch 650m 512ssd gpu cycle count of 79 €1250

MacBook Pro Retina 2014 basic model i5 Haswell 8gb ram 13inch 256ssd cycle count 65 €1150

MacBook Air 2014 Haswell 1.4ghz i5 4ram 256ssd cycle count 25 €800

Not going to be running too demanding of programs and not sure about gaming really. Will need it for some programs next year, General college work and multimedia. Figure obviously the 2012 model is the most powerful but 2 years old while the other 2 still have 9months warranty remaining. Any thoughts? As you probably guessed not very tech savvy
                                                                                                                          Specs and prices of the new Macbooks just released, might be no harm waiting a couple of days to see how they fair out. If you don't need photoshop, graphics or design the Air is more than sufficient. Just grab an adapter for hooking it to a TV/Monitor for movies or pokering. Macs ain't a good idea for gaming though.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by coillcam; 29-07-14, 16:26.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X