This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    One of my cats was dead when I got home. She waited for me in the window of my bedroom every evening for her whole life when I was due home for work. She wasn't there this evening and I knew. My other cat was waiting inside the front door and took me to her body. Pretty fucking destroyed.
    Poor kitty.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      Are any enterprising poker operators out there interested in running a poker classic night on Good Friday for a golf club in the Midlands that a relative of mine is involved in? They used the CPT lads to run the last one a few years ago, great success, but I believe Fionn is busy on the night in question.

Do roving poker operators still trawl IPB, and if so, do they read the BBV? Probably should post this in Live Events or something - just acting a middle man though!
      Probably best to start a thread in general poker or the likes and hopefully get sorted.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Day off today so finished HoC. Season 4 needs to arrive asap. Saw the season 3 ending coming after about 9 episodes though.

Comment

Are any enterprising poker operators out there interested in running a poker classic night on Good Friday for a golf club in the Midlands that a relative of mine is involved in? They used the CPT lads to run the last one a few years ago, great success, but I believe Fionn is busy on the night in question.

Do roving poker operators still trawl IPB, and if so, do they read the BBV? Probably should post this in Live Events or something - just acting a middle man though!
          Paul I get the help of a guy who has all the chips tourney clock table covers can fit pints in them etc. I can pm you his number if you like have it in a notebook at home he can help with prize breakdowns etc very good guy. Other chap I know is running his own game good Friday so wouldn't be available

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
            Paul I get the help of a guy who has all the chips tourney clock table covers can fit pints in them etc. I can pm you his number if you like have it in a notebook at home he can help with prize breakdowns etc very good guy. Other chap I know is running his own game good Friday so wouldn't be available
            Ahh bet ya miss Damo

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
              Ahh bet ya miss Damo
              Ah ya to be fair your different gravy. A few of the lads thought you were the solution to our tight head prop problems.

Comment

Yeah, please send that on Mick - much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                  Any sign of your simpsons avatar hitch (also olears)

I was drunk again, wasn't i ? ?
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Elbows, what's a Simpsons avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Elbows, what's a Simpsons avatar?
                      See elbows avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                        See elbows avatar
                        Facepalm. How do I get one?

Comment

Drilled a 3.5mm hole in my finger at work today, making a sign for health and safety. Seemed somewhat ironic. Quite sore

Comment

Google - Simpsons Avatar fiver.com

5 bucks and some random lad will do it.

Comment

House of cards is good television. 6 episodes deep really enjoying it
                              airport, lol

Comment

I do it for free.

Here is you.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    I got mine!
                                    Well why aren't we seeing it?

Comment

Comment

Got this.

Which was based on drunkenly taking this (hate, btw, the sappy friendly look on me here):

SPOILER
                                        I think mine looks a lot more like my picture than yours but maybe it is just the glasses. He fattened you up
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Got this.

Which was based on drunkenly taking this (hate, btw, the sappy friendly look on me here):

SPOILER
                                          Mindblown... Based on your posts and posting style, that is not at all how I imagined you would look
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-03-15, 00:16.

Comment

Comment

I went to a charity one in a GAA club in Newbridge a couple of years ago, I recognized all the dealers and it turned out it was something that Stephen McLean (Carfax) organized. It was run perfectly for that type of thing, not sure if he still does it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Superb use of the bbv sir. I almost puked with laughter.
                                                    The TV3 player version removed the fraud comment which is a pity because it is spectacularly honest and I actually fist-pumped as I heard it.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    So Kayroo, what happens next in the Battle of Gorse Hill? Court orders, warrants, arrests?
                                                    Are we going to see the O'Donnells dragged out in their dressing gowns anytime soon, or does it dance through the courts for an indeterminable length of time. Beades referred to 'bringing it to Europe', is this possible in this sort of case and would they get to stay in the house for the x years this would take.
                                                    Beades hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. You can't "take a case to Europe" for the craic. There are rules. One comment he made today was that "there are a lot of cases about judges having to recuse themselves from Europe". That sounds like it is probably true. Except that Irish rules regarding when a judge should recuse himself/herself are dealt with almost exclusively by the common law and Irish judgments.

Basic rule of thumb: if Beades or anyone of his ilk has said it then at best it is a spectacular distortion of the truth and probably just plain wrong.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Reports coming through that Harrison Ford was in a plane crash in LA...
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Comment

TMZ is already reporting he's grand. You and your American sensationalism
                                                              TMZ... I am disappoint hitch, you reading that rag

Only CNN for me, which TBF can be a bit sensational.

Comment

Yeah, how many syns did that fcker add to me. I'll get kicked out of Slimming World next. Well, at least you sent us to fiverr.com not tenerr.com so there is that.
                                                                I would be demanding a refund. Next time wear shades and a red scarf. Think that look could work.
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                  Drilled a 3.5mm hole in my finger at work today, making a sign for health and safety. Seemed somewhat ironic. Quite sore
                                                                  That is very precise bob.

Was asking the hairdresser. It was House of Colour. Said - what do you doing if you start seeing grey hair? I laughed and pointed at my beautifully non-greyhair as i said this. As if her answer would be an anecdote I could pass on to the unfortunately-aging. We chuckled briefly at the less fortunate. She said that what they do initially is offer a per hair-strand service. They'll take each inidividual grey hair - literally each one - and dye it the right colour. That sounds kinda tempting.
                                                                  I recall being horrified at the prospect of going grey when I found a grey hair, it was actually probably 10 years ago, not many since but noticing a few more lately.

Anyhow, I quickly realised that at least I am not going bald, yet (all credit to the bald/skint tight hair lads, I'm just not sure I have the head for it, doubt I'd pull it off).

So yea, that largely overpowered any concern about a change in colour, which is obviously easily overcome if one is so inclined, which hopefully I won't be. Every single strand, that sounds like a pointlessly drawn out task.
                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

RIP Tar's cat, whose name escapes me. I walked Tar home once and said Cat was indeed patiently and happily waiting at the window, a good egg. Other lad looked sound too.

In cat heaven now with all the balls of yarn and catnip it can handle m8.
                                                                    /brohug

Comment

FAO CHad

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

Big win pls india

Comment

WI 2 down early on and Gayle dropped but it appears to have woken the beast.....
                                                                          Edit BBVed. Gayle gone

Comment

35/4. wow

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                              35/4. wow
                                                                              Simmonds now out too..

Comment

India handing out some serious beat downs so far, beating Pak SA and now WI with considerable ease. Not sure if it's just the shitness of group A or significant improvement from their Tri Series form, probably somewhere in between.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  India handing out some serious beat downs so far, beating Pak SA and now WI with considerable ease. Not sure if it's just the shitness of group A or significant improvement from their Tri Series form, probably somewhere in between.
                                                                                  Possibly dragging WI back into the mix for fourth spot too.Which is nice.

I think the other group is stronger and would have India joint third favs behind the two hosts.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just before russell was out, Sammy was dropped (3 times in one drop) horribly. He might well make them pay. Definitely in NRR terms

Comment

...

Comment

All eyes on Hobart. Bandwagon ahoy!

Comment

All eyes on Hobart. Bandwagon ahoy!
                                                                                          Heading to Killarney for the weekend so will have to try stream it in the hotel room without waking the wife and/or child.

Comment

Sammy gone. 124-8.

Bowl em out for under 150 and knock off the runs in under 20 overs please

Comment

You'd wonder what the good folk at Red Bull are at, with charging €2 for a can of something thats the exact same as other energy drinks that are <€1.

Presumably they've thought it through, but seems odd.
                                                                                              Never bought a Hendricks instead of this beauty?

Also, LC Econ - "Snob Goods".

Comment

...

Comment

Not sure Red Bull has ever counted as snobby!

Went looking for a picture of 'red bull chav' to illustrate this point and instead came upon this infinitely better, but random, picture.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  'Chavs' are snobs!

Just because the brands they go for aren't what you would doesn't mean they're not snobby. Sports brands etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                    Don't know how it will play out tbh, but I suspect it's only getting started.
                                                                                                    I think there's a lot to be said for the days when people were provided with a cooling off period when venting by virtue of having to physically sit down and pen their thoughts.

Now it's a case of "I'm so liberal, I'm so tolerant, I'm going to brick your windows".

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      what does one do with a dead cat?
                                                                                                      Normal people would stick it in a curry. But Tar is a veggie. He'll probably bury it
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        I think there's a lot to be said for the days when people were provided with a cooling off period when venting by virtue of having to physically sit down and pen their thoughts.

Now it's a case of "I'm so liberal, I'm so tolerant, I'm going to brick your windows".
                                                                                                        Related

What is college for? For many, it's a time for personal and intellectual growth, to meet new people, and to explore ideas and philosophies that challenge the...

Comment

Bring to the vet for disposal, incineration (or cremation if you want to think of it that way), or as EH says, bury it in the garden.

Comment

India wobbling.

Comment

India wobbling.
                                                                                                              I'm not a big fan of their opening pair, especially Dhawan. Kohli should see them home safely though.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Amateur taxidermy?
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  Amateur taxidermy?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    'Chavs' are snobs!

Just because the brands they go for aren't what you would doesn't mean they're not snobby. Sports brands etc.
                                                                                                                    I would have though chavs are almost the opposite of snobs

Comment

...

Comment

Jaysus I hate cats, horrible little fucks

Comment

Lets all point and laugh at Tara.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X