Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right as far as I know, I often say it to companies to get them to replace products for me after 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      I rang Beko, warranty is up . Next thing yer man starts asking me loads of questions, my phone number , email and address. and then goes we will get an engineer out to you next week etc etc. I said GTFO the element is obv gone and I just want a new one and ill whip in meslef, why would I hand out prob 100 quid or more when the element is less than 40 ffs!

anyway he gave me a number for Quinns spares just ordered the part only 37 with delivery .

So Ole when can you call ?
      Think I've seen this movie before.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Yeah there's no such thing as warranties restricting repair periods anymore - its the reasonable length you could expect the product to last for, that repairs and replacements need to last for. An oven is clearly meant to last for a long time, probably a decade or so. Ring him back, fck him out of it. He needs to fix it, replace it, or you're going to Small Claims. You need a decision from him today, or its Small Claims.
          And record the Phonecall for us.
          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Yeah there's no such thing as warranties restricting repair periods anymore - its the reasonable length you could expect the product to last for, that repairs and replacements need to last for. An oven is clearly meant to last for a long time, probably a decade or so. Ring him back, fck him out of it. He needs to fix it, replace it, or you're going to Small Claims. You need a decision from him today, or its Small Claims.
              It turns out older than I thought , I purchased in 2011 and they said warrenty for an integrated oven is 2 yrs, the other type is 3 yrs
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Can I change to district 12 please. I am obv the Katniss of the BBV
                Scuse me... you are too old! I would be Katniss obv since I can do martial arts and can use a bow and arrow

ffs would it be burned out that quick. I think I only have 2 yrs maybe less. Would it be covered under guarantee I wonder. I bought it powercity.

Cant see myself now whipping off the back panel and throwing in a new element lol where do you even buy those?
                It happened to our within a couple of years and got a new element and no problems since. It was not long after the first year. Pain in the hole it is.

Comment

ffs would it be burned out that quick. I think I only have 2 yrs maybe less. Would it be covered under guarantee I wonder. I bought it powercity.

Cant see myself now whipping off the back panel and throwing in a new element lol where do you even buy those?
                  http://www.tradesmen.ie/trade/applia...ois/portlaoise

Maybe try these ?

It should cost around 65-70 i would imagine, that an hours labour @25/hr. Any more than that and they are robbing you.

Thats if it IS the element that needs replacing.

You can get a couple of quotes from that site i think.

Is the daughters new beau any good with his hands ? ?

Edit: Just read the update.

Iv seen that movie too Zod...
                  Last edited by oleras; 05-03-15, 15:39.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Scuse me... you are too old! I would be Katniss obv since I can do martial arts and can use a bow and arrow

I am hotter though tbf

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    http://www.tradesmen.ie/trade/applia...ois/portlaoise

Maybe try these ?

It should cost around 65-70 i would imagine, that an hours labour @25/hr. Any more than that and they are robbing you.

Thats if it IS the element that needs replacing.

You can get a couple of quotes from that site i think.

Is the daughters new beau any good with his hands ? ?
                    I have a friend who is an Electrician and he wont charge me anything! lol
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Ireland v England at 1pm on a Sunday. Gardai must be shitting themselves.

Comment

Its beside the point though what the warranty says. the criteria is whether it should reasonably be expected to last more than four years, which clearly it should.

Now there is a bit of a complication here - if the piece that is broken is reasonable wear-and-tear then they can get off the hook. E.g. if you buy a new car and the wheels turn to ribbons after a few years then thats just wear-and-tear and the person who sold it to you is not responsible.

But if your oven is actually broken, then he is responsible. What the warranty says means nothing in this regard. He's well aware of this though.
                          If it fucked altogether I would kick up a fuss but 37 quid aint gonna kill me. I hope it is the element after all this lol
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

I am hotter though tbf

I have a friend who is an Electrician and he wont charge me anything! lol
                            Come back in 10 years and see what you say biatch. And I STILL wont have had botox etc

Comment

Come back in 10 years and see what you say biatch. And I STILL wont have had botox etc

Never mind your 10 yrs, its now, its all about now!

I'll still be hot in 10 yrs ...pac
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Never mind your 10 yrs, its now, its all about now!

I'll still be hot in 10 yrs ...pac
                                I still look a LOT younger now though

You will be like the bride of wildenstein that has so much surgery. If you wanna call that hot...
                                Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 05-03-15, 15:50. Reason: remembered name

Comment

I still look a LOT younger now though

You will be like the bride of whatchacallher that has so much surgery. If you wanna call that hot...
                                  Careful now......... Bitch
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Careful now......... Bitch

Michelle Satnav in 3 years

Comment

First simulation I ran cocked up because I tried to upload all the pics at once. The two wimminz were the final two. Would have provided ammunition for a better cat fight

MrsFD won.

Comment

Local post office just refused to post my laptop to England and didn't give me a reason. The auld one is a dog in there. Just said sorry can't do it

Any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                            Local post office just refused to post my laptop to England and didn't give me a reason. The auld one is a dog in there. Just said sorry can't do it

Any ideas
                                            Go to a different post office.

Comment

Any ideas
                                              Security? Is there a list of things they cant post online or maybe its the UK can't take them in case they have been tampered with?

Comment

Comment

Link to prohibited items from An Post

Laptops not mentioned anywhere

Comment

Its because of the restrictions on batteries afaik.

Comment

Any ideas
                                                      Can you not Parcel Motel it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                        I just noticed that too. The Lithium Ion are in laptops I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                          correct as I recently had to post a breathliser I got in Halfords for a cousin in Scotland and had hassle because of the batteries. new thing now.

I chanced it even though the chap in PO said customs could seize it. It got to Scotland anyway after.
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Any ideas
                                                              Tell her she has made a powerful enemy. Start crying if that doesn't work.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Tell her she has made a powerful enemy. Start crying if that doesn't work.
                                                                Up in front of the judge tonight for threatening a post office staff member

finkle: "What's the problem? I've been threatening people like that for years on the web!"

Judge: That right ya?

Finkle: Ya why, want some? I have internet powers you know

Judge: Lads forget the paddywagon, get the van and the lads in white suits

Comment

Any ideas
                                                                  Is it actually allowed? If so ask to speak to a manager if she rejects you again.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

A request from a high-beering pal to join a gang of fellow high-beerers in Dusseldorf for a few days of high-beering disguised as an academic conference. Hmm, lets think about that for a moment.
                                                                    Great spot for a session tbf.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Any ideas
                                                                        Courier?

Comment

Worth seeing the cathedral in Cologne if you haven't already...I'm a philistine and even I liked it.

Comment

No way would deadly parrot over power me
                                                                            I was a killing machine.
                                                                            The hunger games turned me into an animal.
                                                                            Seeing the end game approach I knew I could never again live in the real world.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

EURUSD trading below 1.10 for the first time since 2003. Think RDIII had that in one of his predictions for the year.

Comment

RIP Jim McCann
                                                                                I'll always remember the 1st time I heard this song.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Bored again.

Comment

A few people here's dating strategy just got nerfed:

Previously, Tinder users could like as many people as they wanted, but starting today there is a limit on the number of likes you get. Once you pass that limit (around 50), you'll be prompted to purchase Tinder Plus for $9.99/month or wait around 12 hours for a new batch of likes.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      Bored again.

Think of a new game to play or something. Nice and simple as I don't understand ww. I'm bored too
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Bored again.
                                                                                        you broke the hunger games generator.
                                                                                        Do a big brother one

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          Don't see monetisation of Tinder working out so well.
                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Think of a new game to play or something. Nice and simple as I don't understand ww. I'm bored too
                                                                                            Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            you broke the hunger games generator.
                                                                                            Do a big brother one
                                                                                            Was going to do that but its down.

Comment

Any grindr update?
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah weird decision. Will just make most people use it less. Seemed like it was crying out for interstitial ads. That'll be the next thing.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...can't see the Tinder charges going down well...very few people will be willing to pay money for it...Firstly, you can still swipe right quite a few times every twelve hours...But mostly people won't like the idea of paying for an app that most see as a sex app (it's actually not as bad like that as before)... The likes of okcupid and POF are free and probably better, due to much more information being offered plus the "meet me" section being much better than tinder swipe...

...on the subject of tinder, that Valentine's singles party from ipb never occurred...although this Saturday there is a pof party...just saying for no particular reason...

Comment

One of my cats was dead when I got home. She waited for me in the window of my bedroom every evening for her whole life when I was due home for work. She wasn't there this evening and I knew. My other cat was waiting inside the front door and took me to her body. Pretty fucking destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                        ...can't see the Tinder charges going down well...very few people will be willing to pay money for it...Firstly, you can still swipe right quite a few times every twelve hours...But mostly people won't like the idea of paying for an app that most see as a sex app (it's actually not as bad like that as before)... The likes of okcupid and POF are free and probably better, due to much more information being offered plus the "meet me" section being much better than tinder swipe...

...on the subject of tinder, that Valentine's singles party from ipb never occurred...although this Saturday there is a pof party...just saying for no particular reason...
                                                                                                        What are these you speak of?

Comment

Was going to do that but its down.
                                                                                                          Only regret from IPB Hunger Games was that I didn't get to use my elbows to kill anyone
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Any sign of your simpsons avatar hitch (also olears)
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Previously, Tinder users could like as many people as they wanted, but starting today there is a limit on the number of likes you get. Once you pass that limit (around 50), you'll be prompted to purchase Tinder Plus for $9.99/month or wait around 12 hours for a new batch of likes.
                                                                                                              99.9% of the birds on Tinder in Dublin are utter hounds. I genuinely don't see how you'd swipe right for >10 of them, let alone 50.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your cat Tar.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                  What are these you speak of?
                                                                                                                  ...There both dating apps...okcupid Is decent but pof is much better...you create a profile,add photos and details... You can click "meet me"; and like tinder go yes or no.. you can search girls by details bad send private messages as well... If you click "meet me" the girl gets a notification to say you want to meet her...it's really handy...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                    ...There both dating apps...okcupid Is decent but pof is much better...you create a profile,add photos and details... You can click "meet me"; and like tinder go yes or no.. you can search girls by details bad send private messages as well... If you click "meet me" the girl gets a notification to say you want to meet her...it's really handy...
                                                                                                                    Rake free?

Comment

Are any enterprising poker operators out there interested in running a poker classic night on Good Friday for a golf club in the Midlands that a relative of mine is involved in? They used the CPT lads to run the last one a few years ago, great success, but I believe Fionn is busy on the night in question.

Do roving poker operators still trawl IPB, and if so, do they read the BBV? Probably should post this in Live Events or something - just acting a middle man though!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        Are any enterprising poker operators out there interested in running a poker classic night on Good Friday for a golf club in the Midlands that a relative of mine is involved in? They used the CPT lads to run the last one a few years ago, great success, but I believe Fionn is busy on the night in question.

Do roving poker operators still trawl IPB, and if so, do they read the BBV? Probably should post this in Live Events or something - just acting a middle man though!
                                                                                                                        I know Sickpuppy runs one for his rugny club on an annual basis; so presumably doesnt sock too much.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                          Rake free?
                                                                                                                          ...Yep...Well 95% free...you can upgrade to get a lot of extras that are absolutely pointless... I've personally had a lot more success with POF then I have with tinder...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X