This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Watched the first episode a week or so ago. Currently awaiting new internet so I am out of action.
    OK, you get a pass...for now.

Its very very good.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
      OK, you get a pass...for now.

Its very very good.
      It's first up for my sole attention when I get my life (wifi) back on track.

Comment

LOL @ the sheeple.

"Oh..season 2 is better the second time around."

If it was any fucking good it would be great the FIRST time around.

Season 2 is the weakest.

As for the GOAT, Sopranos, very closely followed by The Shield, I dont even think The Wire would get a top 5, its very watchable but never a no.1.

LOL sheeple.
        First time watcher of The Wire, I'm on season 2 ep 10, feel like it's building up to something sort of season tbh, but enjoying it none the less.

Comment

It's first up for my sole attention when I get my life (wifi) back on track.
          A dude 3 days ago asked me did my wifey work. Strange question one would think, although i was in Italy and the Mama is the Mama i thought soi wont get too upset, of course say I, he then told me he was having trouble connecting to his wifey , yes....wifi
          This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
              First time watcher of The Wire, I'm on season 2 ep 10, feel like it's building up to something sort of season tbh, but enjoying it none the less.
              Oh its watchable, maybe draggs in several parts but compared to the last and second last seasons...not a pish on them.

See, i liked those, i also liked 3 and 4, thay are all good in fairness, very watchable.....except 2...
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                Where is a good spot in Europe for nice weather and English speaking poker games? Want to head away for a few days detox!
                Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                Ireland obviously, sunny South East.
                You bet me to it again.

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                How about an IPB meet up in Wexford, I'll give yous all somewhere to stay, the snooker hall now has a poker lounge in it and I'll supply the drink aswell.

All I ask in return is a picture of Eamon working in the airport
                How do we know you won't welsh?

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                Topical: the wife has never seen The Sopranos, so after finishing True Detective last week (awesome!) we've decided to get stuck into the wild and wacky adventures of Tony Soprano. So watched Ep 1 of Season 1 just there, for the first time since initially seeing it over ten years ago. Quite excited to watch it all again! She hasn't seen The Wire either, that might be a project for 2015.
                Throw up her picture.

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
                Finally.

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                Tell that to Hymen Roth
                You're father worked with Hymen Roth, you're father admired Hymen Roth, but you're father never trusted Hymen Roth.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Apparently circumcision is ridic good for your health. Bit hard (personally) to consider chopping off part of your penis approaching 37 though.
                  If that 37 is cm i would say go for it.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I may be drunk but that is comedy gold right there folks. ^^^
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I may be drunk but that is comedy gold right there folks. ^^^
                      How was Italy?

Comment

Someone was having an issue with sticking pics up also a while ago.

An app was mentioned.

I have some real nice pics i want the world to see.

The cunt that makes the app where i point at my head and it "drags" that image to the computer....he will never work again.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                          Rough Rider on RTE the Paul Kimmage doc is compelling viewing. Starts on +1 @ 10.30.
                          Decent watch. Would have loved to see him approach Roche in the grandstand at the end

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                            How was Italy?
                            it was wonderful food and drink wise, shittty weather wise, i am sure u were the same, rained for 3 days, hard rain, but when the sun came it was hot hot.

Big mistake driving the 35km to verona.....dont it on the rainy thursday, once we hit the dual carriageway the traffic jam started...2.5 hours to get there, it was so mental i turned the car around and had to do 1.5 hours back to Garda, never got out of the car.

Local dude told me 25 years since they had weather like that, nice to see proper thunder storms though
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Decent watch. Would have loved to see him approach Roche in the grandstand at the end
                              Isnt he a defender, sad what that implies !
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Pants around the ankles music.

EDIT: November 2020 wow this really blew up over the years. I have made a direct download available here https://freesound.org/people/wtermini/sounds/546450...
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                    Was only watching that the other night.

Hadn't seen it in years. So good.
                                    ya same, the reference was obviously fresh in the mind!

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                    All inc , food and drink all day long for free

kids club all day too.....

reviews are brill on trip advisor. I love heat so thats not a problem
                                    Went on my 6th year holiday to Benalmadena. The first night we went to this Irish Pub before going to the "24 hour square". Small, quiet enough bar. It was owned and run by an old Irish lad and there was a barman of about 25 (he wasn't Irish). Had the craic there, the price of drink was ridiculous compared to home. We started looking for shots and cocktails and the Irish guy - his name was Derrick btw - didn't really know what to charge as it seemed anything other than pints was fairly uncommon in this place. "Ah sure the first round is on the house!". Legend. We were fairly pissed anyway at that stage leaving there, think we headed back to the hotel/apartments first before heading to the 24 hour square.

We headed to the "24 hour square" anyway which was what it sounded like - the main area for going out with a collection of clubs and pubs and bars. Went to all the different bars and clubs, drank more, generally acted the eejit etc etc. I'd say it was about 2am or 3am and we're in the Irish pub/club, Molly Malone's. We see Derrick there and go over talking to him, thanking him for the hospitality he showed etc. One of the lads in our group sat down at the bar and starting talking to him for a while. We lost each other anyway during the night, but by the next morning everyone had made it home safe and sound.

Went out the next night again, but pre-drank in the apartments this time. Didn't see Derrick this night though. We kept meaning to get back to the Irish Bar but due to late dinners or what have you, never managed to fit it in.

Third night anyway and we head out again. We meet some Irish girls at one stage, and the topic of Derrick comes up in conversation. "Ohhh, you mean Didi?!?!! Yeah, he's a total ledge!!". Some character this Didi fella, we must make sure to get back to the pub tomorrow.

Fourth night anyway and again we don't make it to the Irish Pub. At this stage in the holiday, after 3 nights of consecutive drinking and 3 days of staying out in the sun all day, we're fairly worse for ware. It's about 5am and there's three of us in one of the clubs and we're absolutely fucked. One of the guys with us, Paul, is paralytic drunk and giving it his all on the dance floor. All of a sudden, we see Didi! This was a club, not a pub, and certainly not the place you'd expect to see a 60 year old Irish man in. He comes over to us and says he saw us in the square earlier in the night and was looking all over for us. We're drunk so take no notice of it; he's still the legend that gave us free drink the first night. The night starts coming to a close anyway and we decide to head home. The hotel is about 2 miles away so we tell Didi good luck and start to make our way back. He starts walking with us and asking if we'd like to come back to his apartment. We drunkenly decline and keep walking. He then starts talking to Paul and telling him he's a great dancer and he thinks he dances like Michael Jackson (it was about two weeks after Jackson died so was quite topical). At this stage, we're beginning to cop on to what's happening but still not fully understanding the whole thing. He then starts saying to us he's loads of drink back at his place and if we just come back we can have all the free drink we want. We decide it's probably about time we lose him so we take some round about way of getting home and tell him we'll see him at his Pub tomorrow night. We manage to lose him anyway and are just about to walk up the massive hill to our hotel. As if by magic, seemingly appearing out of the bushes, there's Derrick again! "Well lads, is this yer hotel. Sure I'll just come in for a few minutes". I think this is the line, so we tell Derrick, no he's not coming in and to head home. Thankfully there was security on the door, so we were able to head into the hotel without too much protesting or hassle from Derrick.

We headed up to the rooms anyway laughing at the newly realised facts about Derrick. Two of the other lads are in the rooms haven gotten back a half hour earlier. We tell them the story anyway about Derrick and one of them starts laughing about how much of a weird creep he was. The other than starts saying how he knew it along. We look at him and say "Ah stop, sure we all thought he was sound for giving us free drink, turns out all he wanted to do was ride Paul". Your man replied then "The first night in Molly's sure, when I was talking to him up at the bar...he'd start rubbing my leg when I was talking and even touched my crotch...two times...."

-pause-

"Why the fuck did you let him touch it the second time?!"
                                    Last edited by Jam-Fly; 29-07-14, 13:26.
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

dp said imgur app
                                      Ill do a really nice one tomorrow. somewhat not drunk.

sidenote...9 quid for plonk...when does the revolution start ?
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        Cool I will pick one up if I cant find something decent for ~200. Pity the ikea markus has leather.

There are chair show rooms!? yes please! Must find somewhere, hate buying this stuff without trying.
                                        mj flood, you can make an appointment to try out chairs (lol a fuckin appointment)
                                        bought a herman miller embody silly exspensive but if sitting 40 hrs a week its gotta still be a good idea

Comment

Comment

Someone was having an issue with sticking pics up also a while ago.

An app was mentioned.

I have some real nice pics i want the world to see.

The cunt that makes the app where i point at my head and it "drags" that image to the computer....he will never work again.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Apparently circumcision is ridic good for your health. Bit hard (personally) to consider chopping off part of your penis approaching 37 though.
                                              Me arse.

Pants around the ankles music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
                                              Got a semi
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Anyone watching the news there on RTE about the lad getting 10 years?
                                                Whats that about, the Ronan kidnapping?
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Got a semi
                                                  Play it 2 times like.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Never watched The Wire, currently watching The Sopranos for the first time, on Season 3. The Sopranos definitely top notch. It's probably the highest quality show I've ever watched, the only possible criticism it could have is that it doesn't have the 'edge of your seat' factor that something like Breaking Bad or Prison Break have (less cliffhangers and less of 'I'm dying to watch the next episode, I can't wait to see what happens X). That said, cliffhangers are often a cheap way of holding the audience, so I wouldn't hold it against The Sopranos. All in all, really class show, probably on course to be no. 1 for me (but as I've said, never watched The Wire).

Also, speaking of Breaking Bad, saw the Uncle for the first time in about 3 weeks yesterday. He works about ~60hrs a week and would often be in Dublin, Limerick, Cork, Tralee, all in the one week. He said he started watching Breaking Bad for the first time at 9am last Sunday - didn't get out of the bed til 6pm. Since then, he's finished the whole series. I have to say, ~40hrs of Netflix in one week for a grown man in his 50s is pretty impressive stuff.
                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I send u a text with the pic saying if i want it Raul, Rigger or SP ?

EDIT I dont know what this means. Ignore for later pondering

Edit 2. I have Raul in my post and edit....dont want to be linked to that guy, small g...
                                                      Last edited by oleras; 28-07-14, 23:02.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Whats that about, the Ronan kidnapping?
                                                        Aye

Comment

What's the craic with missing an outgoing flight if you have booked a return ticket, heading away soon and no longer want to take the first flight out of ireland but want the return flight... will I be grand?
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Citation needed.

Circumcision is child abuse.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I send u a text with the pic saying if i want it Raul, Rigger or SP ?

EDIT I dont know what this means. Ignore for later pondering

Edit 2. I have Raul in my post and edit....dont want to be linked to that guy, small g...
                                                              What?

Comment

MSN.

If you go to Benalmedina don't go down a laneway for oral with any of the african prostitutes who stand around that 24 hour drinking square, we had to wage a mini-war with a dozen of them to get one of our mates iphone back after she dipped his pockets.

Grand resort otherwise, good waterpark/theme park (Tivoli World) for the young kids if they get bored with the limitations of the holiday complex.
                                                                Theres also a cool cable car thingy which goes up 800metres into the surrounding mountains to a nature reserve with eagles/falcons etc and a few easy walking trails. Well worth a trip up and not expensive.
                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 28-07-14, 23:11.

Comment

What?
                                                                  xactly
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique is 25 years old today.

Billboard breaks it down track-by-track.

Here's a taste of some of the good stuff...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 28-07-14, 23:29.

Comment

Pretty amazing sights witnessed here in County Waterford to be honest.

★Purchase our e-book The Dreaming of Avalon Guide to becoming Intuitively Awake http://dreamingofavalon.yolasite.com/ CONTINUE BELOW FOR MORE INFO ......★ P...

Comment

Presume you are at the bank shipping my cash?
                                                                        Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post

You are correct, I'd imagine you will have it in the morningr
                                                                        Shame was hoping he would be forced to hand it to him at a get together spawning a bit of this action on Grafton street

Probably the best movie in the world,as Orson Welles may have said during his later work doing lager adverts for carlsberg

Comment

...Would anyone know how good the seating arrangements are in the 02...Basically, looking to get tickets to passenger in November...The best seats available are block 3 row 27 in the tiered seating section...How far away would this actually...Would like to be close enough that I'm able to see singer and stage...Liam...

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                            Shame was hoping he would be forced to hand it to him at a get together spawning a bit of this action on Grafton street
                                                                            Everytime you link a youtube video you make money for google.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bm0RIs-VJU

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                              ...Would anyone know how good the seating arrangements are in the 02...Basically, looking to get tickets to passenger in November...The best seats available are block 3 row 27 in the tiered seating section...How far away would this actually...Would like to be close enough that I'm able to see singer and stage...Liam...

SPOILER
                                                                              o2 is small. You will be able to see no problem.

Comment

Sur the poor cratures needs all the help they can gets

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bm0RIs-VJU
                                                                                  Can you swing a sack doorknobs lighbulbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                    ya same, the reference was obviously fresh in the mind!

Went on my 6th year holiday to Benalmadena. The first night we went to this Irish Pub before going to the "24 hour square". Small, quiet enough bar. It was owned and run by an old Irish lad and there was a barman of about 25 (he wasn't Irish). Had the craic there, the price of drink was ridiculous compared to home. We started looking for shots and cocktails and the Irish guy - his name was Derrick btw - didn't really know what to charge as it seemed anything other than pints was fairly uncommon in this place. "Ah sure the first round is on the house!". Legend. We were fairly pissed anyway at that stage leaving there, think we headed back to the hotel/apartments first before heading to the 24 hour square.

We headed to the "24 hour square" anyway which was what it sounded like - the main area for going out with a collection of clubs and pubs and bars. Went to all the different bars and clubs, drank more, generally acted the eejit etc etc. I'd say it was about 2am or 3am and we're in the Irish pub/club, Molly Malone's. We see Derrick there and go over talking to him, thanking him for the hospitality he showed etc. One of the lads in our group sat down at the bar and starting talking to him for a while. We lost each other anyway during the night, but by the next morning everyone had made it home safe and sound.

Went out the next night again, but pre-drank in the apartments this time. Didn't see Derrick this night though. We kept meaning to get back to the Irish Bar but due to late dinners or what have you, never managed to fit it in.

Third night anyway and we head out again. We meet some Irish girls at one stage, and the topic of Derrick comes up in conversation. "Ohhh, you mean Didi?!?!! Yeah, he's a total ledge!!". Some character this Didi fella, we must make sure to get back to the pub tomorrow.

Fourth night anyway and again we don't make it to the Irish Pub. At this stage in .......... ]
                                                                                    Funny story.

Poor form though posting a pic of the man imo, he did nothing wrong as far as I can see.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Isnt he a defender, sad what that implies !
                                                                                      Roche was definitely doping. So what? Kelly was doping too. It's a prerequisite to doing anything in the sport concerned.

I look forward to the reaction when Wiggins or Froome get busted.
                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The Tour de France is a magnificent three week long advertisement for France, it's definitely not sport though.

Roche and Kelly are up there with Michelle Smith, although with more denial and less shame.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

No wonder most sports have diabolical doping control in place when the few sports that have excellent antidoping procedures end up with feck all credibility.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Cycling

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

Finally.
                                                                                              Glad to help! Even if you do smell of elderberries!
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                No wonder most sports have diabolical doping control in place when the few sports that have excellent antidoping procedures end up with feck all credibility.
                                                                                                Rugby had less overall tests and more positive tests than cycling last year

Comment

Not a huge expert in the area, but I remember hearing circumcision actually better for women's health because it prevents the spreading of genital warts, which can be fatal to a woman.

Still the whole process doesn't appeal to me, and if I was ever to have a change of faith and join a religion which requires circumcision it would be a huge sacrifice for me (literally and figuratively).

Comment

Only 18 days left to the annual cut off for the Fantasy Football league. If you were left on the outside looking in last year this is your chance to ensure you don't have another frustrating 12 months of not quite fitting in.

This year we even have a league option for the lazy amongst us, one team and no transfers allowed. Never let it be said that I am not a man of the people!!

Sign up through the link in my signature.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anybody upgrade the Moto G to 4.4.4?
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        Rugby had less overall tests and more positive tests than cycling last year
                                                                                                        Not a surprise surely? I know lads playing AIL and even lower who are taking stuff they shouldn't be.

Could swear I read somewhere last year that 13 of the starting 15 in one of the 6Ns teams "have asthma" because there's something useful in the inhalers. Same thing Aidan O'Mahony was caught for a few years ago and left off presumably.

GAA is riddled as well IMO.

Comment

Planning on buying a new laptop, just sold my desktop, just simply too big and think I'm going to go with a MacBook. Feel fine buying it 2nd hand options are:

MacBook Pro Retina mid 2012 i7 2.6ghz 8gb ram 15inch 650m 512ssd gpu cycle count of 79 €1250

MacBook Pro Retina 2014 basic model i5 Haswell 8gb ram 13inch 256ssd cycle count 65 €1150

MacBook Air 2014 Haswell 1.4ghz i5 4ram 256ssd cycle count 25 €800

Not going to be running too demanding of programs and not sure about gaming really. Will need it for some programs next year, General college work and multimedia. Figure obviously the 2012 model is the most powerful but 2 years old while the other 2 still have 9months warranty remaining. Any thoughts? As you probably guessed not very tech savvy

Comment

Football is the only real drug free sport left out there imo.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                                                                                              Not a huge expert in the area, but I remember hearing circumcision actually better for women's health because it prevents the spreading of genital warts, which can be fatal to a woman.
                                                                                                              You heard wrong. The HPV vaccine immunises women against genital warts. In 2014 we are approaching zero good reasons for anyone to ever get a circumcision. At this point there are many doctors who will only recommend it for chronic fungal infections. Even then it's kind of a wash on whether the patients quality of life will be improved: circumcised men have a greatly increased probability of erectile disfunction and inability to achieve orgasm in later life.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Andy has strong opinions on the strangest of subjects.

Comment

Also; it is very hard to take seriously the opinions of previous Lance Believers in relation to doping.

Comment

Re Lance:

I really wanted him to be clean. Naivety or what eh. Think I read his books about 7 years ago.

The world will break your heart. All he has done for me now is make me believe everyone IS doping. A cynic forever. GFYLA.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      Football is the only real drug free sport left out there imo.
                                                                                                                      Gaylick, Rugby, Handegg, Aussie Rules or soccer? Gaylick maybe. The rest = massive LOL
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Foreskin protected my penis from a blender, doctor said I was lucky to have it or I coulda lost the damn wang man. Evolution does it again!

Comment

Surely Usain Bolt is clean as a whistle?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X