Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just didn't think he'd sell out 2 gigs in croke park at 70e when there was still tickets for the o2 until the day it was on late last year

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
      Sold out in 9 mins or something ridiculous like that.
      Time to get F5ing toutless.
      Be strange enough for someone to buy them and sell them at cost price immediately on toutless? If youngest them now you'll have to pay the big money otherwise toutless closer the time
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Also, feelings about this kind of stuff?

People looking for arguments are always going to find them imo. Is that the summation of it though?
        Think it's a bit lazy and arguing for the sake of arguing tbh. The reality is that there's a limited amount of active touring acts that are fronted by or feature women, particularly in rock music.

While there's undoubtedly a huge bias in such a male dominated industry, I don't really buy that a festival booker is excluding acts based on gender. They need to book acts that they feel are viable ticket sellers and the reality is that the bulk of female acts that sell tickets are in the pop arena (taylor swift was the biggest or close to the biggest selling music act last year but wouldn't fit on the Reading lineup which has traditionally been a heavier rock festival, a genre dominated by men). When acts that can sell tickets pop up for summer festivals, they're booked e.g. warpaint and bjork last year, patti smith is headlining a show at kilmainham in the summer and some or all of these will likley appear at Electric Picnic - Babes in Toyland, Belle and Sebastian(confirmed), Jungle, Sleater Kinney, Soak, Tori amos. Think it's a little naive to think that festivals are going to stick on token female acts just because of their gender when there simply isn't that many female rock or dance acts that are capable of selling large volumes of tickets. That's not the fault of the festivals as there's not many that won't showcase up and coming female acts if they're there to be booked. Think it's harsh to single out festivals when the reality is that the music industry as a whole is gender biased on genre lines.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
          Just didn't think he'd sell out 2 gigs in croke park at 70e when there was still tickets for the o2 until the day it was on late last year
          Ireland m8.

Aslan could headline Slane and sell out in a hour.

It wouldn't have anything to do with Aslan.

Comment

Aslan are headlining Slane?

I'd fly back.

Comment

Aslan are headlining Slane?

I'd fly back.
              They do a class hour set tbf to them.

Think Dignam is fucked now though

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Ireland m8.

Aslan could headline Slane and sell out in a hour.

It wouldn't have anything to do with Aslan.
                Sur when Aslan sold out the Point for €50 a ticket or whatever wernt they supposed to be playing the Red Cow every other week for a €5? (or is that just a story?)

Anyhu Event junkies spend the €50 (neither pun(?) intended)
                Last edited by Guest; 26-02-15, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I quite like Ed Sheeran btw.

See i knew this being happy lark and liking yourself business had to have a downside

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    Sur when Aslan sold out the Point for €50 a ticket or whatever wernt they supposed to be playing the Red Cow every other week for a €5? (or is that just a story?)

Anyhu Event junkies spend the €50 (neither pun(?) intended)
                    Pub I worked in they would do an hour for a tenner or so. Maybe 15. Packed everytime . They were the Kings of those gigs for couple of decades I think.

Tried to sell out Tallaght stadium a while back and failed though, that was with quality support for their anniversary if my memory is right. Cancelled due to poor sales. That was a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Which gem of Raoulian wisdom do you expect to come to fruition today?
                      Just one where I wrote a memo to all the big bosses saying "if you do not do X, then bad shit will happen".

The shit is flowing.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Just one where I wrote a memo to all the big bosses saying "if you do not do X, then bad shit will happen".

The shit is flowing.
                        Thats a pity, I was hoping it was something we gave a damn about
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The shit is flowing.
                          You do understand it will somehow be your fault for pointing it out in the first place, right!?

Comment

I don't think I could name one Ed Sheeran song. Must have a listen to see the fuss
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              I don't think I could name one Ed Sheeran song. Must have a listen to see the fuss
                              The problem is he is way too sound, it's too much

Comment

I think I would like Ed Sheeran if I wasn't overwhelmed by the urge to steal his lunch money.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                  The problem is he is way too sound, it's too much
                                  You suggesting he's a paedo?
                                  airport, lol

Comment

You suggesting he's a paedo?
                                    No?!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      No?!
                                      That's what I got from your post. You were only saying what many are thinking sure he's marrying sick kids left right and centre the dirty eejit
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Word is she was flu'd up to the gills when she did that and just couldn't pull the numbers together

What exactly she has to pull together is another thing, but LBC is not a place to go unless you 100% know what you at

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 26-02-15, 11:44.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Spent the morning trying to figure out whats special about this, I guess the world has just passed me by.
                                            Multimedia cvs sound like bad news
                                            Last edited by Guest; 26-02-15, 12:25.

Comment

Youngest daughter uses my spotify and some dire shit comes up because of that but most of the tracks that have popped up from her playlists that don't get immediately rejected are from Ed.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

TV3s RWC setup. In HD.

TV3′s main rugby reporter Sinead Kissane fronts the line-up with regular BBC commentator Conor McNamara also on board.
                                                The channel’s World Cup coverage will also feature a punditry team of Keith Wood, Matt Williams, Shane Jennings, Peter Stringer, Neil Back, Stuart Barnes and Liam Toland.

Comment

In honour of the lesser known Ed selling a couple of tickets to his little party, recommending an alternate music option.

Tickets for The Tallest Man on Earth's gig at vicar St in October go on sale tomorrow.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Thats a pity, I was hoping it was something we gave a damn about
                                                      Me too!
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        hmm. the journalistic approach of: lets print this press release as a news story
                                                        Theres an awful lot of it in the journal in between the articles written entirely in GIF and lists of tweets wot famous ppl wrote
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 26-02-15, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                          Yes but that was before the 'music for people who don't like music' brigade hitched their clueless tails to the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                            In honour of the lesser known Ed selling a couple of tickets to his little party, recommending an alternate music option.

Tickets for The Tallest Man on Earth's gig at vicar St in October go on sale tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxPKY7NSoM
                                                            Tell us some things about yourself.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            I think I would like Ed Sheeran if I wasn't overwhelmed by the urge to steal his lunch money.
                                                            HE'D kick your head in m8.
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Riggs

For a bizzness man your advertising is a bit off

"Make me an interesting offer for: A rare match day programme: Shamrock vs Sligo Rovers, 1987: Rovers last ever game at Milltown "

Will defo attract an audience for your sale item

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                Tell us some things about yourself.
                                                                Ask an ol question

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Ask an ol question
                                                                  Would ya ride ed Sheeran for half his fortune?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Would ya ride ed Sheeran for half his fortune?
                                                                    Depends on whether anyone would be able to prove it. Could say i did it at the airport and then rely on people just taking my word for it

Comment

HE'D kick your head in m8.
                                                                      No way. I'd batter im.

@Ed: How many Ed Sheerans do you think you could take in a fight?
                                                                      Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 26-02-15, 14:08.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

See i knew this being happy lark and liking yourself business had to have a downside
                                                                        I strongly refute both of those accusations.

Comment

No way. I'd batter im.

Think i'd manage two - skinny ginger folks likely have a degree of combat experience so would be relying on kicking one in the nuts and making it 1-1 as early as possible

Comment

Whats the furthest distance you could throw Ed Sheeran over a crossbar from?

Would you rather fight 1 Ed Sheeran sized duck or 20 duck sized Ed Sheerans?
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Riggs

For a bizzness man your advertising is a bit off

"Make me an interesting offer for: A rare match day programme: Shamrock vs Sligo Rovers, 1987: Rovers last ever game at Milltown "

Will defo attract an audience for your sale item
                                                                              hmm, sort of want to show the previous trades though.
                                                                              Honestly, it hasn't been top of my list of shit to attend to, though I'd rather it were higher.
                                                                              I haven't updated the adverts.ie page from the original trade, perhaps a blog would work better but fuck blogs and who reads blogs?

My head is melted lately, constantly distracted, getting fuck all done but 'feeling' busy.
                                                                              Lots of pointless, constantly changing busy work going on in my head.

I need to get my hands on some:

Comment

No way. I'd batter im.

Either 0 and 1 probably. Maybe more if I fought real dirty and took them by surprise. He is a ginger though, so there has to be some serious rage under the placid and friendly facade.

Comment

Whats the furthest distance you could throw Ed Sheeran over a crossbar from?

Would you rather fight 1 Ed Sheeran sized duck or 20 duck sized Ed Sheerans?
                                                                                  I'm not sure i could manage throwing him over at all unless he was duck sized. I'd go for 1 Ed Sheeran sized duck

Comment

These guys specialise in Adult ADD if you're only vaguely half-joking, Riggs. I've been trying to work up the courage to visit them for ~6 months now.

Sorry, we can't seem to find the page you are looking for. Did you try searching? Enter a keyword(s) in the search field above or try one of the links below.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

These guys specialise in Adult ADD if you're only vaguely half-joking, Riggs. I've been trying to work up the courage to visit them for ~6 months now.

http://www.stpatricks.ie/dean-clinic-capel-st
                                                                                          Date night?

Comment

Meanwhile, in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              I saw Silver Linings Playbook last night for the first time. I had heard of it but somehow managed to avoid knowing it had been such a massive Oscars success or what it was about. I was blown away by it, amazing film imo.

I have also concluded that Bradley Cooper is an incredible actor, whereas until a month ago I had a vague sense he annoyed me. Probably based entirely on my aversion to American Hustle.
                                                                                              Just watched this on the bus on the way to Dublin. Somehow missed any mention of it before. I thought it was a great watch. Not blown away by the ending but one of the better films I've seen this year.

Comment

Hitch mentioning the Bord Gais €100 credit thing came to mind, as my brain scurries to find shit to do to avoid doing the shit I ought to be doing.

I see that Electric Ireland will charge me 50 quid for leaving them within a contract (very tempted to tell them to fuck right off on that one). So would still be +50 quid I suppose.
                                                                                                I've sent Bord Gais an email to ask them if they are likely to extend this €100 offer beyond it's current April deadline, I highly doubt to get any sort of answer that is useful back from them.

I might make a list of stuff I have done in the last 48 hours to avoid doing what I ought to be doing:
                                                                                                • Attempted reorganising drawers that are chock full of stuff, no need to do it at the moment and really made little progress.
                                                                                                • Looked into switching Gas and Electric providers, despite that I am 'mid contract'. Why the fuck you need contracts for gas and electric, with all their stupid pricing options and discounts, it's akin to trying to work out what pizza deal is your best option.
                                                                                                • Extensive research into who invented the fizzy cola bottle - I still can't find out. It's Britain's favorite sweet too.
                                                                                                • Tried in vain to help MSN fix her curry
                                                                                                • BBV'd MSN's curry
                                                                                                • Helped organise a one minute silence in honour of said ruined curry.
                                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 26-02-15, 16:08.

Comment

How do ye thicken curry. Spent ages making another chicken curry and used Passata hoping that would do the job. My base is a veg oxo cube with 400 mls of water , presume this is where I am going wrong!

watery as fuck
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

You could try making a roux

I'm not sure if butter is syn free though tbf.

Comment

How do ye thicken curry. Spent ages making another chicken curry and used Passata hoping that would do the job. My base is a veg oxo cube with 400 mls of water , presume this is where I am going wrong!

watery as fuck
                                                                                                      Cornflour?

Comment

You could try making a roux

I'm not sure if butter is syn free though tbf.
                                                                                                        Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                        Cornflour?
                                                                                                        Have no cornflower plus trying to keep syn free. Id say I am using too much stock maybe better off using all passata. I have natural yogurt which I used last time was still fairly watery then though too.

ffs be easier get a 3 in 1 lol
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

watery as fuck
                                                                                                          Pataks paste, peppers onions meat sweet potato chili coriander and water always ends up plenty thick for me. They are good pastes
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

It'd be tastier too. Mix a 3-in-1 into it, problem solved.

Comment

Use a bit of regular flour. If it goes into lumps don't worry they will dissappear after a bit of cooking
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Just take the lid off and turn the heat up. Reduce that motherfucker.

Comment

I added in loads of yogurt, its fucking rank.Id say the yogurt curdled lol

You would want to see the face of Chanel at the other end of the table, not impressed.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Just take the lid off and turn the heat up. Reduce that motherfucker.
                                                                                                                      Ya I usually brew mine for a couple of hours tbf
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I added in loads of yogurt, its fucking rank.Id say the yogurt curdled lol

You would want to see the face of Chanel at the other end of the table, not impressed.
                                                                                                                        spoon of cold yoghurt after its cooked, with more chopped coriander. Don't cook it in!
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X