Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems I can't put films on my iPhone anymore, has something recently changed on iTunes? Obviously films not downloaded from the store

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      The UFC today announced ticket information for UFC 189 Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor, July 11th in the MGM Grand Las Vegas.
      Tickets will go on sale to UFC Fight Club members on Wednesday 25th March at 6PM GMT.
      The UFC Newsletter Presale will start Thursday 26th March at 6PM GMT.
      Tickets will be on sale to the general public on Friday March 27th at 6PM GMT.
      Ah I thought it might have been prices. Knew the dates already, prices worry me
      Last edited by Mellor; 23-02-15, 23:35.

Comment

SatNav, Your friend was supposed to be on Claire Byrne show at 22:35 but her and the rest of the crew appear to have decided by request of Derek not to go in protest at RTE bias.

I see she is being described as Dereks 'partner' now - I guess it's every young girls dream to meet their reallife Che Guevara.

Comment

Matic appeal will be the interesting bit.
          Not a chance that gets overturned imo, treated as two entirely seperate incidents. I'd say Morhino knows this and is simply making a point, I don't blame him either.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Over 3 years in the house, so had a good run. It's a ridiculous tax that needs to be appropriated into something else. Knowing the efficiency of An Post, it probably runs at a loss to the country.
            The craziest thing of all is that the only thing the Water charge protestors will have achieved in the end is the abandonment of Pat Rabbitte's proposed reform of the tv licence into a broadcasting charge that would be easier to collect and harder to avoid
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              SatNav, Your friend was supposed to be on Claire Byrne show at 22:35 but her and the rest of the crew appear to have decided by request of Derek not to go in protest at RTE bias.

I see she is being described as Dereks 'partner' now - I guess it's every young girls dream to meet their reallife Che Guevara.
              yeah saw it on her page earlier. Knew they were an item a while back. Oh prob well suited. she was always a real fucking Hippy ,tree hugger type. I was bad in School but fuck me she was brazen, she was maybe 3 yrs below me and you would hear her before you would see her!
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                Not a chance that gets overturned imo, treated as two entirely seperate incidents. I'd say Morhino knows this and is simply making a point, I don't blame him either.
                Club shouldn't have even appealed it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                  yeah saw it on her page earlier. Knew they were an item a while back. Oh prob well suited. she was always a real fucking Hippy ,tree hugger type. I was bad in School but fuck me she was brazen, she was maybe 3 yrs below me and you would hear her before you would see her!
                  Rich coming from you

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                    Of course it doesn't. If the ref had seen it all properly and gave both players a red card it wouldn't have been appealed in the first place. That is the epitome of a frivolous appeal. It's a pity they took away the automatic extra game ban for that.

Comment

Cathal Pendred fighting at high altitude in Mexico, good luck with that son!!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Rich coming from you
                        I was loudest in transition year at the time obv , I was a very bold girl!

which reminds me:

One day in class ( our class was separated from the others in a really old convent) we were all bored and I suggested a game of hide and go seek ( wtf like) So off we all went lol . There was a door in the hallway of the class that nobody ever bothered going into for some reason. So I decided I would go in there. There was a big hole in said door where obv a big keyhole lock thing was cut out of and I had to put my hand in to fiddle with it to open it.

Got it open and off I went. It was pitch black and It was full to the ceiling with those really old grey plastic stackable chairs. I pushed my way through them ( size zero obv then) until I could see a flicker of light , when i say flicker I mean flicker, an odd looking light. Like a ray of light.

i was feeling my way around when my hands felt something odd, a box of some sort. I was rooting and feeling away when i heard a jingle. Fuck me it was what felt like money, yep deffo money and PAPER money. full to the hilt!!!! like a treasure , this was 1986 like. I just started grabbing like a maniac while looking at the door and started shoving all the money down my 28 AA bra lol

Nobody came looking for me so off I went with my somewhat heavy jingly load. I said nothing to nobody and went to the jacks. holy fuck I had won the lotto! I had roughly 150 pounds , this is huge money to a young wan in 1986!

anyway school finished and we had to catch the school bus not before I popped in to O dwyers across the way for 20 rothmans yes 20 not 10! I was everyones friend on the walk to the bus stop.

The following morn off into O dwyers again for the same and loads of sweets. Lunch time I sneaked out to The Friar Street Friar for a dozen batter burgers ( they were fucking awesome) wasnt long before I was the most popular girl in the class!

Every monday morning i would go back to this box and miraculously there was always a few bob there. was always a surprise as it could be anything from a fiver to 20 quid. I never told a soul and continued to supply half the school with fags.

Then one day I popped out for a few batter burgers and didnt cross the road and was staring at the wall of the convent when I spotted " St Anthony's Box" please give generously ...............

I continued to fleece that box for 2 yrs and never told a soul until one day it was blocked off.

I will take this moment to thank Anthony for providing me with cigs and batter burgers for many of my horrendous years spent in that hell hole
                        Last edited by SatNav; 23-02-15, 23:38.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                          Pendred is quite obviously unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                            Just seen that. And to make matters worse, his opponent is from Mexico city, and has a 15-1 record. Only loss verses Sam Alvey

Comment

Beat Coleraine 6-1 today, into QFs vs Trinity tomorrow. UL at 8/15 and UCD to beat Queens at 2/5 is an absolutely excellent double.
                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Haven't even managed to read tbis place in days.
                                Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                We lose €30mil a year due to An Post's reluctance to collect efficiently and evasion.
                                Who is we? Fuck RTE.
                                That rhymes and you know it.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Yeah I lolled too.

Captive audience innit. So many snobby cunts wouldn't be seen dead in Clondalkin, so they're happy to spend 70% more on rent for a postcode more suiting to their lifestyle. Did I mention they are cunts?
                                  lived in the Dalkin for years me. Proper salt of the earth me. Poor transport links.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                    I saw that on the Irish Examiner website last night. Apparently they're standing by him insisting he's not a racist
                                    Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                    Haha. I can just see that defence now.

There's a mock tweet doing the rounds on facebook by Rio Ferdinand which reads "Chelsea have banned three racists while a fourth has been given a one year contract to continue captaining the club"

Obviously he never tweeted this and it's someone like the lad bible making it up.
                                    He's worse.

Comment

Bbv on fire today/ tonight...in stitches..QQ what comeback is there for removing a privately owned company's clamp?
                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

It annoys me that people who have played football go on about that tackle like it is anything out of the ordinary. No intent and it's just unlucky if it ends in injury. Try playing football without lifting your feet off the ground once when playing the ball. It's impossible. In this particular case he's going to play the ball, Matic nips in ahead of him and then is unlucky enough to get caught in a way that could have seriously fucked up his leg. But it's just an unfortunate coming together. His reaction was enough for a red, and the FA were right to not ban Barnes retrospectively.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                          It annoys me that people who have played football go on about that tackle like it is anything out of the ordinary. No intent and it's just unlucky if it ends in injury. Try playing football without lifting your feet off the ground once when playing the ball. It's impossible. In this particular case he's going to play the ball, Matic nips in ahead of him and then is unlucky enough to get caught in a way that could have seriously fucked up his leg. But it's just an unfortunate coming together. His reaction was enough for a red, and the FA were right to not ban Barnes retrospectively.
                                          Nah completely disagree. Its definitely out of the ordinary. You are taught to keep your foot pointed down. Not open up the studs.

I wouldn't be one for shirking tackles, and I'd be sure for putting the boot in but it looked reckless in the extreme and I'd argue its lucky it didn't end in an injury.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                            Bbv on fire today/ tonight...in stitches..QQ what comeback is there for removing a privately owned company's clamp?
                                            I think there coiuld be an issue if you damage it, or don't return it.

Comment

It was the second time in the match he left studs up in a tackle. He knew well what he was doing. Absolutely nothing ordinary about it.

Studs up is always a yellow minimum. His tackle was a red. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Some scoring from Chris Gayle

Comment

Super montage on Claire Byrne Live last night! 1:45 -> 3:10 Reeling in the years will be stealing that.

Comment

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      Some scoring from Chris Gayle
                                                      don't know if WI trouncing Zim is good for us

Comment

@ digiman. Just a word of warning. This morning is the 3rd time lately ive had to be in Donnybrook early. I come via Dundrum/ Sandyford and whats normally a 20 min journey is taking up to 90mins at this time so id check that out if looking around there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          don't know if WI trouncing Zim is good for us
                                                          We just need to make sure we beat UAE and Zim and see what happens from there. We are always likely to be fucked if it comes down to NRR anyway as high chance of a thumping against one or both of SA and India.

Rain delay now anyway

Comment

Wpwp

Comment

Wish God was real, one of those big floods to cull droolers wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

You'd have to worry that they'd be exactly the kind of people that might be peer-pressured into actually going on a fucking hunger strike simply by people laughing and taking the piss out of the initial reports.

Comment

Also, some craic on the Irish Times Letters page

Comment

Wish God was real, one of those big floods to cull droolers wouldn't go amiss.
                                                                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      @ digiman. Just a word of warning. This morning is the 3rd time lately ive had to be in Donnybrook early. I come via Dundrum/ Sandyford and whats normally a 20 min journey is taking up to 90mins at this time so id check that out if looking around there.
                                                                      I saw someone mentioned Trimbleston in Clonskeagh. Just had the pleasure of sitting outside it for the guts of 35 mins and moved about 3 yards. Fucking alternator went in car too. FML. Just shy of 2 hours to do a normal 15 min drive. Only an hour late.

Comment

Like I said yesterday, the water charges movement is all downhill from here. As is the Syriza fanboy movement.

Now whether they can actually coalesce into some kind of meaningful political party is another question (there's clearly a market for their shtick) but until they do, they'll be reduced to the level of comedy turn on Vincent Brown. Nothing wrong with that, somebody has to do it and FFers like Willie O'Dea put in a good shift.

Comment

Thought this weeks Better Call Saul was very good

Comment

Derek Byrne has to be a plant, nobody can be that thick surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                              Thought this weeks Better Call Saul was very good
                                                                              Just watched it there now as well, good episode. Enjoying it so far

Comment

World cup final 2022 to happen dec 23rd. Friday night and day before xmas eve. Excellent

Comment

Luis Figo working miracles last week by making Sepp Blatter seem sane. he is proposing a 48 team world cup- 2 24 team tourneys run on 2 different continents- group winners join up or something batshit crazy like that.
                                                                                  BLATTER 2015!
                                                                                  2022 world cup final could be played 2 days before Christmas - wc football that time of year suits me- fuck the premiership- who actually watches that these days?
                                                                                  SEPP 15

Comment

Walking Dead is brilliant again imo

SPOILER
                                                                                    latest episode, is great. Been a while since they did night scene, last epic one I remember for night scene was the night the farm got destroyed in season 2/3. I am sure there has been night episode since then but none really sticking out as particularly memorable. Love the scene where Rick shot the walker in the eye with the flare gun . That whole scene was brilliantly shot. Now, if only they can stop with the fuckin cliffhanger endings, but in fairness that was a nice ending for a change.
                                                                                    Last edited by pokerhand; 24-02-15, 10:01.
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Another good thing about Qatar wc is players won't be wrecked from a full club season before it.

Comment

Video going viral. Good for business I reckon. I would sy a few here probably know the place. Is this the usual craic?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            World cup final 2022 to happen dec 23rd. Friday night and day before xmas eve. Excellent
                                                                                            Can't actually believe that will happen... I think there will still be some twists to come yet... Don't think the UEFA will accept that scheduling.
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Some familiar names there... Bruce Arnold's article was fucking atrocious
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Can't actually believe that will happen... I think there will still be some twists to come yet... Don't think the UEFA will accept that scheduling.
                                                                                                I've always thought people overestimate the opposition to Sepp/FIFA within UEFA - we are exposed to a vocal English media on the subject and the FA obviously hate them over the 2018 snub. But the rest of UEFA, other than occasionally the Dutch have always seemed relatively silent on the subject.
                                                                                                I'm not claiming absolute surety on this or anything, you may well be proven right .

Ultimately imo, a middle east World Cup is fine - we shouldn't have the situation where an area of huge population is excluded from being host because of an insistence that the competition can only be held in July.
                                                                                                And the logical time to have a middle eastern world cup is between November and March.
                                                                                                The southern hemisphere leagues have always been the ones who get disturbed by a July World Cup, they won't have any sympathy for Europe having a mickeyfit about it this time.

Having said that it would be easier to garner support for it if the bidding hadn't involved massive bribery and corruption.

Comment

Does anyone know how much an auctioneer will charge to value a property? Can't seem to find a price online anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                    Does anyone know how much an auctioneer will charge to value a property? Can't seem to find a price online anywhere.
                                                                                                    250 ish assuming its not some palace and he's not out to screw you.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      I've always thought people overestimate the opposition to Sepp/FIFA within UEFA - we are exposed to a vocal English media on the subject and the FA obviously hate them over the 2018 snub. But the rest of UEFA, other than occasionally the Dutch have always seemed relatively silent on the subject.
                                                                                                      I'm not claiming absolute surety on this or anything, you may well be proven right .

Ultimately imo, a middle east World Cup is fine - we shouldn't have the situation where an area of huge population is excluded from being host because of an insistence that the competition can only be held in July.
                                                                                                      And the logical time to have a middle eastern world cup is between November and March.
                                                                                                      The southern hemisphere leagues have always been the ones who get disturbed by a July World Cup, they won't have any sympathy for Europe having a mickeyfit about it this time.

Having said that it would be easier to garner support for it if the bidding hadn't involved massive bribery and corruption.
                                                                                                      Even this bit is overplayed, only thing different about the Qatar bid is the scale of it, if you think the FA didn't have a provision for Brassers etc in the budget for their 2018 bid you are very naive.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                        ...
                                                                                                        Every monday morning i would go back to this box and miraculously there was always a few bob there. was always a surprise as it could be anything from a fiver to 20 quid. I never told a soul and continued to supply half the school with fags.

Then one day I popped out for a few batter burgers and didnt cross the road and was staring at the wall of the convent when I spotted " St Anthony's Box" please give generously ...............

I continued to fleece that box for 2 yrs and never told a soul until one day it was blocked off.

I will take this moment to thank Anthony for providing me with cigs and batter burgers for many of my horrendous years spent in that hell hole
                                                                                                        Aren't you lucky that there is no such thing as karma and that the Secret is a load of exploitative bollocks
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                          This. Barnes has tried to scoop the ball forward, Matic has nicked the ball ahead of him. It wasn't a bad tackle because it wasn't a tackle.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss did a phone in show in Belfast yesterday. Starts off fairly normal till we get past caller no 1 and on to the passive - aggressive free presbyterian minister then it becomes pure facepalm as the lunatics start calling in.
                                                                                                            Some giggles from 25 mins on.
                                                                                                            Join William Crawley and the team for news, views and reaction to the stories of the day.
                                                                                                            Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Aren't you lucky that there is no such thing as karma and that the Secret is a load of exploitative bollocks
                                                                                                              Ah the nuns would have spent it all on shiny new habits for themselves anyway. The universe was better suited by Michelle handing out fags to all her mates.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                Super montage on Claire Byrne Live last night! 1:45 -> 3:10 Reeling in the years will be stealing that.
                                                                                                                Makes me feel left out! The socialist cause is a hard life though judging by Ruth Coppinger.

edit: <3 Bill Tormey
                                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-02-15, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                                    Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss did a phone in show in Belfast yesterday. Starts off fairly normal till we get past caller no 1 and on to the passive - aggressive free presbyterian minister then it becomes pure facepalm as the lunatics start calling in.
                                                                                                                    Some giggles from 25 mins on.
                                                                                                                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b053gny0#auto
                                                                                                                    Thems northie presby's are pure mentals

With apologies to our Northern cousins present, we should be thanking the English for the partition

Viva le Repuplic

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                      Thems northie presby's are pure mentals

With apologies to our Northern cousins present, we should be thanking the English for the partition

Viva le Repuplic
                                                                                                                      Can we give them Donegal, Cork and most of the Dubs?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                        Getting one done through our bank at the moment (the bank contact the EA to set it up, but we pay) - €130. Had a similar one done last year and it was €125 I think, so might depend on the EA. No idea if there is a discount involved if it is being done on the instigation of a bank rather than an individual.

Comment

Can we give them Donegal, Cork and most of the Dubs?
                                                                                                                          I will allow this!

Viva le revolution

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X