Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in Dublin today (Sunday) at 'Fishing Show'. Came home with boot full of goodies which I didnt need TBH but 'desired'.
    Explained to wife how much discount I had got (women love discount) and gave her the Euros I didnt spend for herself to use when she goes on her trips to Donegal.
    I explained the discounts in percentages rather than actual € spent as I handed over the left over cash.

I am happy, she is happy.

Twas a good day.

Comment

TL;DR I live with the female version of Hitch.

I moved into new digs about 6 weeks ago. There was already two lads and one girl living here. We're all about the same age 24-27. They're all sound.

Last Friday yer wan went out with her girl friends for a single valentines night and came home completely smashed. Had to be carried in the door and couldn't speak to tell her friends which room was hers. Woke us all up and the lad that lives down stairs let them in. Her friends headed off aand she obviously needed food after a night out so wrecked the kitchen, got sick in the sink and under the stairs. She cleaned up the sink the following morning but under the stairs was left for two days and the smell was fucking rank! But she's a sound girl and we all go mad every now and again.

So this morning I'm heading out for breakfast and there is one ladies boot and ear ring on the ground outside in the drive way. So I knock on her door and hand them to her. She is fairly mortified and asks if she woke anyone up and where was the boot left. I told her she woke nobody up but may have tried to get undressed in the drive way. She went bright red.

Fast forward to tonight and I meet the lad that lives down stairs and apparently she was hammering the door bell at 6am trying to get in. I slept through it all but yer man isn't a bit happy. I juat started laughing when I heard the stories cos fuck it. We all go nuts at times but I doubt they're gonna be mates any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        all you can eat meal in umi falafel was best ever /collapse
        Just a word of warning to others, falafel is vegetarian. Doug got me on that one, went to Manchester with the cunt and didn't manage to eat all day, promised me some amazing falafel, sounded Indian, presumed meat.

Angry now.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

First shock of the night there, a solid 6-8/1 2nd favourite. Also singing everything is awesome and not having the lego movie nominated for any oscars is super weird
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            I saw Silver Linings Playbook last night for the first time. I had heard of it but somehow managed to avoid knowing it had been such a massive Oscars success or what it was about. I was blown away by it, amazing film imo.

I have also concluded that Bradley Cooper is an incredible actor, whereas until a month ago I had a vague sense he annoyed me. Probably based entirely on my aversion to American Hustle.
            American Hustle was gash.

Silver Linings - fantastic. It and Nightcrawler are the only movies I've ranted on about being amazing in years, because may be the only ones.
            Check out Crazy Stupid Love also if you haven't.

Honorable nod to 'About Time' which was excellent.
            Fuck the Oscars, they only get it right by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
              'what he posted'
              Our future

'shudder'

Comment

Bring Ms Hitch to the IPB meet up mate.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  https://www.geoguessr.com

May have been posted already. Guess where in the world you are from Google images.

Comment

Pics Dobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                      9,053 m8.

I win.

Comment

Taleb distribution.

Now I know what its called

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          9,053 m8.

I win.
                          Wreckin you lied mate. Turning this place into a house of lies. I bed now, up at 10.

Comment

Wreckin you lied mate. Turning this place into a house of lies. I bed now, up at 10.
                            Nah, they were all obvious american ones. Haven't come close since.

NNM8

Comment

One time whiplash 100/1
                              airport, lol

Comment

I suppose i have to watch Birdman now
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                  https://www.geoguessr.com

May have been posted already. Guess where in the world you are from Google images.

Got mega-points for getting one within 3km of the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                    Oh mighty all knowing BBV.

Work comp on where we try and select the winners of the top 6 Oscar categories. Who do we reckon will win best picture/director/actor/actress/supporting actor/ supporting actress?
                                    Hmm... Picked all six winners, yay!!!

Now in a draw against those who have also picked all six winners for 13 cool prizes.... TVs and the like.

As I haven't used this before (at least hope not!)... I wanna use my One Time! Should know result on Wednesday...
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Kinda creeps up how the mornings are suddenly bright at 7am. Fairly crappy out there though.
                                          Kids were frozen walking to school. That'll learn 'em (what exactly I am unsure but still a good lesson no doubt).
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

no oscar for Cumberbatch, it's a beautiful day

Comment

Apple building an 850mill Euro data-centre in Athenry is great news for Galway

Comment

Unfortunately they went with redmayne but other than that pretty good night with imitation game, Theory and Boyhood all largely ignored

Comment

Comment

Comment

She is one of the few consistently good reads in the It. Obviously she is syndicated from the FT, she has had some beauts about business jargon and workaholics recently.

Comment

Is it though?

A few jobs for a year getting the building set up. Then all the equipment is imported from South Korea (presumably, well its not manufactured in Ireland anyway). Minimal power requirements due to the eco design. Minimal ongoing staffing needs.

It's definitely better than nothing, but it seems like it is unlikely to have much of an impact on anything really apart from somewhat more committing Apple to the country.
                                                        Initial build will require hundreds of jobs and will also encourage others to build data centres outside of Dublin which is traditionally the case.

You are right, once the build is completed it will probably not require many actual new jobs as Apple will most likely bring in staff from other locations but alot of security staff will be required I would say and other contracts for maintenance will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Kids were frozen walking to school. That'll learn 'em (what exactly I am unsure but still a good lesson no doubt).
                                                          time to teach them an invaluable lesson in tog value.
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Geo guesser is more fun if you spend a bit of time roaming around reading signs and trying to pinpoint exactly where you are.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can anyone recommend any new apartments in South Dublin or easy commute to Donnybrook that are spacious, quality furnished and come with a parking space? Something similar to these ones in Castleknock:

Find Apartments For Rent in Castleknock, Dublin. Search 6 Apartments for rent in Castleknock, Dublin on Daft.ie now.

Find Apartments For Rent in Castleknock, Dublin. Search 6 Apartments for rent in Castleknock, Dublin on Daft.ie now.

Seems much more difficult to find somewhere on the southside of a comparable quality or else I don't know the right place to look.
                                                                Last edited by digiman; 23-02-15, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  I'm sure the water5 are in their thoughts and prayers at all times
                                                                  the ignorance of using people in a refugee camp to further their cause or highlight the 'plight' of people in wheatfield is astounding
                                                                  Astounding but completely unsurprising.

Still not on the News maybe they let Derek down to the tuck shop for his smokes #IsDerekDeadYet

Comment

Is it though?

A few jobs for a year getting the building set up. Then all the equipment is imported from South Korea (presumably, well its not manufactured in Ireland anyway). Minimal power requirements due to the eco design. Minimal ongoing staffing needs.

It's definitely better than nothing, but it seems like it is unlikely to have much of an impact on anything really apart from somewhat more committing Apple to the country.
                                                                    It's presumably a massive construction project.
                                                                    That alone is a boost. Low personnel isn't ideal, but lots of building types are the same. The construction is a boost for locals.

Comment

And on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Bruce Arnold claims that the poor wording of the Irish language version of the marriage equality act means that passing the amendment will result in the only permitted form of marriage being same-sex marriage.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why his reasoning is undeniably wrong? (I have the answer, but couldn't work it out until someone explained)
                                                                      Courts really don't tend to use literal translations of Irish if the result is effectively absurd.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Think I may have said this before, but The 100 really has come on in leaps and bounds this 2nd season. Last couple of episodes have been excellent. It still have some flaws, but these can be forgiven and overlooked imo. Really enjoyable stuff.
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Which brings me to the only reasons for the continued existence of Irish as an official language outside of a museum and the couple of hundred dozen people who genuinely speak it as a first language.
                                                                          • As the primary means for Shinners to use their role in government to taunt Unionists and pretend that they won the war.
                                                                          • As a politically correct way for the aspirational middle classes to segregate their children from the howerya's.
                                                                          • A way of keeping hundreds of overpaid civil servants with too much education and too little work busy making up words that no human will ever speak in anger, and translating documents that no one other than the mentally ill will ever read.
                                                                          • An outlet for the mentally ill to find reasons to clog up the courts claiming their civil rights are being violated.

Comment

#JeSuisEnAmourAvecDerek

And, two more arrests. Some excellent spelling too
                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 23-02-15, 11:17.

Comment

whats all the je suis shite about

Comment

It's a way of getting sympathy when arrested apparently.

Comment

Someone seriously fucked up when translating Julius Caesar!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Which brings me to the only reasons for the continued existence of Irish as an official language outside of a museum and the couple of hundred dozen people who genuinely speak it as a first language.
                                                                                    • As the primary means for Shinners to use their role in government to taunt Unionists and pretend that they won the war.
                                                                                    • As a politically correct way for the aspirational middle classes to segregate their children from the howerya's.
                                                                                    • A way of keeping hundreds of overpaid civil servants with too much education and too little work busy making up words that no human will ever speak in anger, and translating documents that no one other than the mentally ill will ever read.
                                                                                    • An outlet for the mentally ill to find reasons to clog up the courts claiming their civil rights are being violated.
                                                                                    Don't forget the grants

Comment

Surely those investec ads don't help Sextons case re concussion

Comment

Bring Ms Hitch to the IPB meet up mate.
                                                                                        Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                        Pics Dobby.
                                                                                        If she was hot.......

Comment

The Irish seem happy to only be patriotic about GAA, hurling and football varieties, everything else should be sneered at because the English do it better than us. Sad to let a language die so easily imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                            I saw Silver Linings Playbook last night for the first time. I had heard of it but somehow managed to avoid knowing it had been such a massive Oscars success or what it was about. I was blown away by it, amazing film imo.

I have also concluded that Bradley Cooper is an incredible actor, whereas until a month ago I had a vague sense he annoyed me. Probably based entirely on my aversion to American Hustle.
                                                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                              Can anyone recommend any new apartments in South Dublin or easy commute to Donnybrook that are spacious, quality furnished and come with a parking space? Something similar to these ones in Castleknock:

Seems much more difficult to find somewhere on the southside of a comparable quality or else I don't know the right place to look.
                                                                                              Apart from a few patches, Ballsbridge being notable but you'd want to be mental to pay those rents, the areas you're talking about are all houses and no apartments. Besides which, "spacious apartment" is an oxymoron.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                The Irish seem happy to only be patriotic about GAA, hurling and football varieties, everything else should be sneered at because the English do it better than us. Sad to let a language die so easily imo.
                                                                                                Hasn't it ultimately failed as a language though, the people of the world never chose it as one of the international languages of communication, and the people of Ireland have therefore gone with one of the more widely used languages. Like Latin we should pack up all its songs, poetries and stories and store them safely so we have an historical record. And allow professors and language students to continue to study it if they want.
                                                                                                But artificially keeping it alive by forcing its use? That appears to be a failed policy.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                  Sad to let a language die so easily imo.
                                                                                                  Nothing about its dying has been easy but the truth is it was killed by the very people who claimed to be most patriotic and who wanted most to save it.

The only hope to allow it to prosper is to free it of the ties and political baggage that come with its official status.

Comment

.

gave me an idea

original

your image
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

I'd look at Booterstown or Blackrock. I'd also look in Clonskeagh. Apartments in Trimblestown are nice. Milltown also would be very close. Mount Saint Anne's is a nice spot there.

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 23-02-15, 13:38.

Comment

What's that showing?
                                                                                                            Je suis Derek on the hat
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

American Hustle was gash.

Silver Linings - fantastic. It and Nightcrawler are the only movies I've ranted on about being amazing in years, because may be the only ones.
                                                                                                              Check out Crazy Stupid Love also if you haven't.

Honorable nod to 'About Time' which was excellent.
                                                                                                              Fuck the Oscars, they only get it right by accident.
                                                                                                              Our taste in movies is seriously in sync!

Comment

...

Comment

EDIT: thechamp's list above looks better than mine
                                                                                                                  Yeah Goatstown would be where the value is southside. e.g.

Would want to be earning high 5 figures if you're gonna spend >20k/year on rent, though. MBN.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

As in not "estate agent" walking distance, real walking distance, I like it!

Two working people should be able to afford that no bother. So far out to be spending that much, jaysus.

Comment

Aldo v McGregor ticket info released

The UFC today announced ticket information for UFC 189 Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor which takes place on July 11th in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada Tickets will go on sale to UFC Fight Club members on Wednesday 25th March at 5PM GMT. The UFC Newsletter Presale will start Thursday 26th March at […]

Comment

Who is Emma and why would they want to sever her... Not sure if they put too much thought into that website name or not enough
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X