This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
    Liverpool? I know, Fonte could of broke Sterling's leg.
    Yep. Good game though. Both teams will fancy their chances in next seasons Europa League.

Comment

Class goal by philly
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          What is it like to have the big decisions go your way?
          Watched Match of the Day last night and thought that if I was a Chelsea fan I would actually start believing Mourinho's conspiracy theory after that match. Unbelievably poor referee
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Ah Jaysus, just cease / desist / stop / etc. You're wrong. That's okay - happens to the best of us.
            Physician heal thyself

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Actually Iago seeing as you are online.

Got a laughable quote of €3k to move about 30 boxes of stuff, plus some minor furniture to France. That is a laughable quote, yeah? Was thinking it would cost a few hundred. Max €1k.
              When we moved to Germany 13 years ago we paid around 2700Euro for 30-40 boxes.
              When we moved back a few years later we paid 4200 but there was quite a bit more furniture etc.

When we moved to Spain we had around 40 boxes and a few small bits of furniture and this guy did it for 1000 Euro.

Used him again to bring over 5 boxes of stuff and he charge 150 Euro.

I know the website is crap, his name is John he is sometimes hard to get hold of, particularly when there is Rugby on because he goes to the games.
              It might be worth giving him a shout though on the phone numbers at the bottom.

Loads of people around here use him and he comes highly recommended.

Comment

Set up for the best top 4 race ever?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                  For anyone that might follow lower Sunday league football. We have a crunch top of the table clash today. Win to go 7 points clear and level on games which would put us in a fantastic position. Lose to stay a point clear with ssome work to do. We beat these 3-0 already this season and I'm hoping to get my first competitive game in two years but will probably be a sub.

We are CG Killarney http://www.kerrydistrictleague.ie/fi...ny-premier-1b/
                  Lost 4-1. Absolutely gutted. An absolutely powerful wind there today and we got to HT 2-1 down so was all good but they took advantage of the A player rule and their class showed in the 2nd half. Two lads who play soccer for Kerry and one lad who had trials for Fulham last season and actually had a few games with their reserves completely dominated the midfield and centre back. Proud of how we did in the circumstances. Were right in it up til two late goals. Still top which is what matters. 4 games left. Rattoo and Ardfert both home and away. Top two go up so still confident of making it.

Comment

Get a game Dobby?

Comment

Dobmans Sunday league is more exciting than the premier league this year and that's saying something. You know it's not good when they're trying to hype the top 4 race in February.

La liga's 3 way title races last few years have been epic though so suppose you can't ask for everything.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Lost 4-1. Absolutely gutted. An absolutely powerful wind there today and we got to HT 2-1 down so was all good but they took advantage of the A player rule and their class showed in the 2nd half. Two lads who play soccer for Kerry and one lad who had trials for Fulham last season and actually had a few games with their reserves completely dominated the midfield and centre back. Proud of how we did in the circumstances. Were right in it up til two late goals. Still top which is what matters. 4 games left. Rattoo and Ardfert both home and away. Top two go up so still confident of making it.
                        Athletico Ardfert. At least give them their full name. Like the added "h".

Comment

Get a game Dobby?
                          Yeah came on for 20mins ish. Had one chance. Keeper saved it. I know the gaffer had a serious headache with who to start though and I only just missed out so fantastic progress for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Athletico Ardfert. At least give them their full name. Like the added "h".
                            Lol yeah. I love the Sunday league names. Our original name was Cedar Galaxy. The lads who started the club used to house share a place called Cedar Lodge and they went to LA for a summer and saw Galaxy playing so we had Cedar Galaxy. We had to put Killarney in the name so people would know where we're from.

Comment

Selling my macbook for about 600 if anyone wants pm me. Works 100% screen and keypad have always been covered, cover has a few scratches on it.

Comment

Just watched the pilot of Twin Peaks
                                Homer Simpson: Brilliant! ...I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

A quick question for the harassed parents of IPB:

Our kid has been vomiting for the last four days. Doesn't seem to have held down any food except for basic stuff like bread, pasta, rice. Drinking water fine. Not a bother on her seemingly, great humour. No temperature.

But she is vomiting up anything heavier than the basics, and its been going on for four days.

Is that a doctor thing, or is that likely to be just some regular tummy bug? Not a request for a diagnosis clearly, more whether its common enough or uncommon.
                                    I'd deffo go to doc, mine never vomited for more than two days.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Just watched the pilot of Twin Peaks
                                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=w0_eTYwKoBE
                                      Nice one. First season is absolutely perfect. Second season is complete dogshit. Just pretend it got cancelled 14 episodes before it actually did.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Least your match was on Dobby. Travelled 45 mins for a game today to be told the match was off. Ref text at 10.15 " Going to have to call the match judging by the rain were I am". Cunt never came out to inspect the pitch.

Similar situation I am in to yourself. Made the comeback after 7 years away from it in November, pulled the hamstring on my second appearance and was out for the xmas period.
                                        Played 20 mins first game back 70 mins 2 weeks ago and 90 last week, very tough but happy with the progress.

Comment

Our kid has been vomiting for the last four days. Doesn't seem to have held down any food except for basic stuff like bread, pasta, rice. Drinking water fine. Not a bother on her seemingly, great humour. No temperature.

But she is vomiting up anything heavier than the basics, and its been going on for four days.

Is that a doctor thing, or is that likely to be just some regular tummy bug? Not a request for a diagnosis clearly, more whether its common enough or uncommon.
                                          There is something going around, nephew has had something similar for the last few days.

Doctor tomorrow though, 5 days straight puking is too much.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If fluids are good, basics are going down and no temp, then all good for me tbh, but peace of mind and the minute chance something is wrong is sometimes worth the gp visit

Comment

Should make an IPB team and enter those leagues like Boards did. Get to their level then smash them.

Comment

Boiled 7up is yer only man she'll be getting enough energy to keep her going till shes over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Boiled 7up is yer only man she'll be getting enough energy to keep her going till shes over it.
                                                  Bitta manuka honey behind the ears too obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                    Least your match was on Dobby. Travelled 45 mins for a game today to be told the match was off. Ref text at 10.15 " Going to have to call the match judging by the rain were I am". Cunt never came out to inspect the pitch.

Similar situation I am in to yourself. Made the comeback after 7 years away from it in November, pulled the hamstring on my second appearance and was out for the xmas period.
                                                    Played 20 mins first game back 70 mins 2 weeks ago and 90 last week, very tough but happy with the progress.
                                                    That's shit form by him. Our game was the only game in Kerry that went ahead today!

That's fantastic progress too. WP. The biggest set back for me is the weight I put on giving up the smokes 18 months ago. Need to lose the belly and a bit of weight but the fitness is getting there. Circuit training twice a week, swimming one night and soccer training one night so hopefully won't be too long shifting the weight off.

Comment

Should make an IPB team and enter those leagues like Boards did. Get to their level then smash them.
                                                      They set up a Sunday League team with members over there?

I couldn't justify the commute tbh m8. Would play a friendly to show em how it's done.

Comment

They set up a Sunday League team with members over there?

I couldn't justify the commute tbh m8. Would play a friendly to show em how it's done.
                                                        Dublin has indoor leagues and 11 a side astro turf leagues and the leagues. All midweek stuff afaik. Shorter seasons probably.

Sunday League team is pointless unless done right.

Comment

were you around when we stuffed them some years back?

Some decent players on here then. Teresa, Jbravado (if I have the right lad - left legged midfielder?, Iago, Kayroo, Lloyd in goals, little lad who used to deal in the fitz (name escapes me) was very good).

Good bragging rights for a bit after that.

Actually think Iago the fucker played with them, lol

Oh, Solks had a very good left peg as well. And BK could run a lot

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                            were you around when we stuffed them some years back?

Some decent players on here then. Teresa, Jbravado (if I have the right lad - left legged midfielder?, Iago, Kayroo, Lloyd in goals, little lad who used to deal in the fitz (name escapes me) was very good).

Good bragging rights for a bit after that.

Actually think Iago the fucker played with them, lol

Oh, Solks had a very good left peg as well. And BK could run a lot
                                                            Was that not the soccer forum challenge game or was it their team?

Wasn't involved myself. Was still an incognito annoying cunt.

Comment

Horse Head Elite can buy the IPB Jerseys. Picture in top left of site will be crest obv.

Can make up a board and give them positions to keep them happy.

Comment

Dad mode:
                                                                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Dublin has indoor leagues and 11 a side astro turf leagues and the leagues. All midweek stuff afaik. Shorter seasons probably.

Sunday League team is pointless unless done right.
                                                                  That's pretty cool. Hate indoor though. Can't beat playing in the rain.

Yeah our team really struggles financially. Two lads look after it and they really do a fantastic job keeping us out of the red. The sponsorship we get goes on kit and insurance and we pay to play for each training session and match. Training and home games are €5 a man and away games are €2 a man to pay the ref. They usually make about €30 a week because the rent for training is €65 so we obviously keep whatever's left. They have a tough job though.

Comment

That was the Soccer Forum challenge. We hammered them so we played again and they brought in some of the "big guns" so in response we utterly whalloped them.

We played Ditpoker's team too. They were a well organised and drilled league team and we gave them a good game both times but they won both games. That being said they were MUCH better than the Boards team.

Comment

That's pretty cool. Hate indoor though. Can't beat playing in the rain.

Yeah our team really struggles financially. Two lads look after it and they really do a fantastic job keeping us out of the red. The sponsorship we get goes on kit and insurance and we pay to play for each training session and match. Training and home games are €5 a man and away games are €2 a man to pay the ref. They usually make about €30 a week because the rent for training is €65 so we obviously keep whatever's left. They have a tough job though.
                                                                      Yeah it is really hard. We had 4 Senior Teams a few years ago and now have zero cause of the trouble it is to the club. Arsehole move by them though.

Few lads went to set up a new team this year for lads who still want to play, they set themselves up in Kilpedder where McShane is from and he helped them out afaik. Nice move from him if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        That was the Soccer Forum challenge. We hammered them so we played again and they brought in some of the "big guns" so in response we utterly whalloped them.

We played Ditpoker's team too. They were a well organised and drilled league team and we gave them a good game both times but they won both games. That being said they were MUCH better than the Boards team.
                                                                        So there is talent on this site and the standard in those internet team leagues is bad.

Managerial career might start here so.

Comment

Is Derek dead martyred yet?

RTE need to be giving him more attention, his brave struggle for the right to buy smokes and Mars bars in the prison tuck shop is not even mentioned in the news. More political editing by them I suppose.

Comment

We played a game before an IPB meetup before aswell a couple of years ago. Was good craic.

Comment

Yeah it is really hard. We had 4 Senior Teams a few years ago and now have zero cause of the trouble it is to the club. Arsehole move by them though.

Few lads went to set up a new team this year for lads who still want to play, they set themselves up in Kilpedder where McShane is from and he helped them out afaik. Nice move from him if true.
                                                                              McShane is supposed to be a decent guy anyway. I saw him give Newtown United a shout out on Twitter after beating Shels, I think. And didn't he do something for a fan after the Euros aswell?

Brendan Moloney is from Killarney and plays for Northampton Town and he is back to visit his club, Killarney Athletic, whenever he gets the chance to help out with the under age teams and buying kits and training gear and stuff. Great to see that kinda thing.

Comment

Horse Head Elite can buy the IPB Jerseys. Picture in top left of site will be crest obv.

Can make up a board and give them positions to keep them happy.
                                                                                I will be your referee. Can't be all that different to hockey. Auto-yellow for cursing and no offside, right?

Comment

McShane is supposed to be a decent guy anyway. I saw him give Newtown United a shout out on Twitter after beating Shels, I think. And didn't he do something for a fan after the Euros aswell?
                                                                                  He is a very nice person. Was quiet in school but didn't know him. When he is back now he'll quietly sit in his local and pay for the bar for the night and stuff like that. Sponsors a few sports things around too. He sponsors the Newtown GAA team so he may splash out and be a matchday sponsor for the next round against Bohemians for the football team. Get them a big luxury coach

Hate watching him play for Ireland though.

Comment

I never listened to Damien Dempsey until a week or so ago, and only knew the name. The guy's a poet, and I'm loving some of his stuff.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      I will be your referee. Can't be all that different to hockey. Auto-yellow for cursing and no offside, right?
                                                                                      If you booked someone every time they cursed games would be abandoned weekly.

Comment

If you booked someone every time they cursed games would be abandoned weekly.
                                                                                        sorry, I meant at the ref.

Would probably insist you address me as 'sir' too. Do I get the gig? Like the idea of this payment lark too, lucky to get a pint atm.

Comment

sorry, I meant at the ref.

Would probably insist you address me as 'sir' too. Do I get the gig? Like the idea of this payment lark too, lucky to get a pint atm.
                                                                                          The league would have to hire you. Will obv get you in for friendlies to help us out. Few penos and reds.

Refs do get paid a decent amount. Do a few hours on sat/sun mornings you could get a couple of hundred quid.

Comment

You've clearly had football lessons from Mickste

Comment

Flower of Scotland

Comment

The league would have to hire you. Will obv get you in for friendlies to help us out. Few penos and reds.

Refs do get paid a decent amount. Do a few hours on sat/sun mornings you could get a couple of hundred quid.
                                                                                                Serious?

Tell me now; if I was reffing a game, made a bad decision, was called a cunt and flashed the offender a red card...would that be considered acceptable? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                  We played a game before an IPB meetup before aswell a couple of years ago. Was good craic.
                                                                                                  Think I owned that game actually from between the sticks before going on to chop the game in Barry's

Comment

Was just looking at the oscar odds. Is it common that there'd be some sort of upset or is it pretty much decided already and all the odds on favs win?

Watched all the short film nominee's last week in lighthouse. They weren't that great overall. The favourite "Phonecall" was decent but the best what the northern Irish one "Boogaloo and Graham"
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Ya, sorry didn't copy it was all of boards team. Kayroo had it right above. They were good auld craic. Apologies to HJ, how could I forget his silky skills

Speaking of good guys like McShane, I see Robbie Keane signed every autograph requested from him yesterday in Tallaght. He really is a great example to other pros with his attitude to Irish football and giving back. WP that man imo.

Comment

Serious?

Tell me now; if I was reffing a game, made a bad decision, was called a cunt and flashed the offender a red card...would that be considered acceptable? Just wondering.
                                                                                                        Most junior football you'd get a yellow for telling the ref to fuck off and a red for calling him a cunt. only the professionals with TV watching get away with it.

Foul throws are the same. Always called in junior football, ignored mostly in pro football.

Comment

Geebags

Comment

Ya, sorry didn't copy it was all of boards team. Kayroo had it right above. They were good auld craic. Apologies to HJ, how could I forget his silky skills

Speaking of good guys like McShane, I see Robbie Keane signed every autograph requested from him yesterday in Tallaght. He really is a great example to other pros with his attitude to Irish football and giving back. WP that man imo.
                                                                                                            And the visit to Crumlin with some of the Galaxy lads. He even made one of your fellow Tralee men a very happy boy

A TRALEE boy was among those visited by Ireland striker Robbie Keane and his LA Galaxy teammates yesterday at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin…and it really made his day! Eight-year-old Martin Quilligan from Tralee, who is being treated at the Dublin hospital, met with the Irish soccer legend and his team-mates, who …

Comment

Most junior football you'd get a yellow for telling the ref to fuck off and a red for calling him a cunt. only the professionals with TV watching get away with it.

Foul throws are the same. Always called in junior football, ignored mostly in pro football.
                                                                                                              Usually if a player tells me to fuck off I return the compliment. Or give him a card if I don't like the way he said it.

Comment

Oh Lord lol

I would say that was taken in Cathal Brua street in cashel, picked up a few refugees and gave them a fiver to pose

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Yep, one of our lads got booked today for saying "For fuck sake" when the ref told him to shut up. lol

Comment

Serious?

It'd be fine, wouldn't make you the most popular referee but its the way some of them do it. Probably start off with a yellow card first rather than a straight red. Ultimately a good referees attitude should be to look for ways to not give a red rather than ways to give a red.
                                                                                                                    Re the money, also worth pointing out that revenue have never had an issue with it, i.e., you don't have to declare it and give up 52%.

You'll have to do a course to start with for free though, think its about 12 to 16 weeks, one evening a week. Ring the FAI for details of the start of the next one, runs a few times a year.

Comment

He is a very nice person. Was quiet in school but didn't know him. When he is back now he'll quietly sit in his local and pay for the bar for the night and stuff like that. Sponsors a few sports things around too. He sponsors the Newtown GAA team so he may splash out and be a matchday sponsor for the next round against Bohemians for the football team. Get them a big luxury coach

Hate watching him play for Ireland though.
                                                                                                                      Why? Should you not be kinda happy for a guy you personally know?

Comment

Serious?

That stuff happens all the time in Sunday League football. Depending on where you are the match could get heated and end up in fights and stuff but the ref rarely gets touched. Gets a lot of abuse though. You need a thick skin.

Rathnew and Tallaght were the only places I witnessed bad fighting and abandoned games.

Comment

Usually if a player tells me to fuck off I return the compliment. Or give him a card if I don't like the way he said it.
                                                                                                                          Yep, one of our lads got booked today for saying "For fuck sake" when the ref told him to shut up. lol
                                                                                                                          a 'not so smart' lad on our team once said to the ref "are you ever going to give a yellow card". No need to finish this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X