This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    When you are lying on your death bed you may not be quite so thirsty for that which is informational rather than transformational. You already are, you just don't realise it.
    I'll probably just be thirsty for more morphine I reckon.

Comment

This is nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8umFV69fNg
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

I find poetry to be more concise and eloquent, therefore getting the point across better. I don't think of them as hard to understand, and if anything like music they can be personal, the authors original meaning can be moot. If I read it in everyday English it wouldn't have the same effect.

They certainly don't have to be long or difficult, I always loves this rather simple one in more traditional English by Yeats

SPOILER

Wine comes in at the mouth
        And love comes in at the eye;
        That’s all we shall know for truth
        Before we grow old and die.
        I lift the glass to my mouth,
        I look at you, and I sigh.

or the classic:

For sale: baby shoes, never worn
        Although it's a novel really
        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-02-15, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          I find poetry to be more concise and eloquent, therefore getting the point across better.
          Not as concise and eloquent as an equation

Comment

I totally agree about beauty in equations too! Ah god the thrill of a first principles too, don't get me going Most are not applicable to life in quite the same way

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                hmm

In defence of my client, your honour, someone else paid the victims back the cash I stole from them.

Novel enough strategy.
                That wasn't his defence, it was a plea in mitigation.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  That wasn't his defence, it was a plea in mitigation.
                  Please, stop with the poetry.

Comment

Please, stop with the poetry.
                    Do you dislike my meter, or my alliteration?
                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Fair play to Celtic and The SPFL

Lovely moment as Celtic superfan Jay discovers that he has won the SPFL Goal of the Month competition for January.Jay was watching Sky Sports News when his h...
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                          Do you dislike my meter, or my alliteration?
                          Have to say the alliteration was pretty poor

I am buying some simple stuff around the house for working out, so far just a pull up bar, any other ideas? I like the idea of body weight exercises
                          (being fat gets you more value!)

Comment

Croí mór ag Cuaige Laighan

Comment

Pakistan bowling first after winning the toss. Always worth a small bet on no ball first ball with these dodgy fucks under these circumstances. 70/1

Comment

I am buying some simple stuff around the house for working out, so far just a pull up bar, any other ideas? I like the idea of body weight exercises
                                Kettle bell or two would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  Pakistan bowling first after winning the toss. Always worth a small bet on no ball first ball with these dodgy fucks under these circumstances. 70/1
                                  Next time!

Comment

...Ryan Turbity is not holding back here with his questions...

Comment

Grim times for the windies, both openers gone already.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Perfect thanks! I've never sued them so just have to figure out weights...

something like this?

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-02-15, 22:51.

Comment

Anyone interested in The Fall? Good BBC6 Music doc below - if you're not sure what Mark E.Smith has done check it out...

Comment

hmm. this headline

"Irishman reportedly jumped to his death from a 36-floor balcony in Thailand after Irish home was being repossessed"

I'd say a more accurate headline would be:

"Irishman reportedly jumped to his death from a 36-floor balcony in Thailand after beating his girlfriend while drunk"
                                            A more accurate headline should be "Western man has 47 year old Thai girlfriend, wtf is he thinking?".

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mayweather Pacquiao May 2nd
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Fitness...6kg+kettlebell
                                                    I see Lidl have Kettle bells in stock this week.

Depends on what you are doing but I think 186 is very heavy for most usesfor
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

omg I love Mia so much .!

I asked her had she heard of the word Gay and she said yes on the tv so I said to her that it was that if a man loved another man and a woman loved another woman and they wanted to kiss that some people hurt them and said it was wrong, her words and i absolutely love this................." mam thats so silly love is love, I love freckles (our Dog) and she is a dog and nobody can stop me from loving her" omg how perfect is that statement!
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        I see Lidl have Kettle bells in stock this week.

Depends on what you are doing but I think 186 is very heavy for most usesfor
                                                        186 you mean the 16kg? I see that is the suggested starting weight for me (I'm stronger than mot people due to me vegan diet ). Where did you see that they are in lidl? I don't see it on their site, thanks! I must go have a look.

Comment

Girl Band's new video is a bit graphic/gory, in fact plenty NSFW, but rather amazing all the same.

'The Talkies' is Out Now on Rough Trade Records, listen here: http://girlband.ffm.to/thetalkiesA cover of Blawan's "Why They Hide Their Bodies Under My Garag...

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Mayweather Pacquiao May 2nd
                                                            I'd be happy with Pacman pumping the roids into himself, masking it and knocking Mayweather the fuck out brutally.

Unfortunately it will just be a defensive borefest that has happened years too late but at least it is happening.

Comment

Lol Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Yeah we need to keep that momentum building. We're the only non favourite to have won a game so far, it's all been nicely predictable. Think Pakistan are a whopper bet tonight, not that they're any great shakes but Windies were embarrasing at times in the field in terms of effort levels and once a team enters that sort of mind set its very difficult to find that killer edge again without a big cull to the line up. Think a lot of em stopped bothering after they won that T20 WC a few years back.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Enjoyment of last night rapidly fading as I head in for a full days work off 3 hours sleep. FML.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

@Tar. I'd imagine 12 to 14 kg would be better if you're just starting off. If you're doing stuff with poor technique with a 16 you'll break yourself.

Comment

Cool don't want to fuck myself up, I'm doing a lot of stuff atm and my body is constantly in pain, I'll try out some kettlebell classes at my gym to get a feel for it.

Comment

I love everything about this
                                                                          A yoga teacher who also describes herself as a "good Catholic" has defended the ancient discipline after a priest equated it to paganism - and even Satanism.
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            First instrument I ever attempted. Gruelling enough for each and everyone near you as you try to get even passable. It's pretty much utterly offensive noise for the first 5/6 months minimum.

Needless to say, my mother decided that my time would be best spent elsewhere after a couple of those months. Never made the grade!

Considered buying one recently and having another go though, it is a fantastic instrument when mastered.
                                                                            I played as a kid, from about the age of 10 to maybe 16 or 17. Got to Grade 5 with some London school of music. The teacher was an absolute cow to some of the students, whacking their knuckles if they played a wrong note. Gave up the classical music then and started playing Trad. Played a bit for an Aunt who taught Irish Dancing. Haven't played in a long time now, but I could still get a tune out of it I reckon.

Comment

Why do the religious crazies have to call to the door when I've two children hanging out of me and a dog barking?

'We'd like to talk to you today about a single world government run by god'. Would love to have had a good go at destroying his world.

Comment

something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Fitness...6kg+kettlebell
                                                                                A fitness mat and foam roller are essential.
                                                                                Skipping Rope.
                                                                                Excercise ball.
                                                                                Medicine Ball.

Also its probably worth investing in a good sports bra.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                    Fair play to Celtic and The SPFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LPKk4q-gQI
                                                                                    Something in my eye here...
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                        A fitness mat and foam roller are essential.
                                                                                        Skipping Rope.
                                                                                        Excercise ball.
                                                                                        Medicine Ball.

Also its probably worth investing in a good sports bra.
                                                                                        Yeah I really need better support!

Great ideas, had 2 exercise balls before, cats made short work of them, will get the other things though cheers.

Comment

Any good reason for no reserve days in the cricket world cup for rained off matches?
                                                                                          The dragged out nature of the group phase with regular 6+ day gaps between teams games would surely make it possible.

Comment

That tweet was so ignorant and ill-informed that it hurts my soul . . .

Comment

...

Comment

As in that UFC was only in its early days at that stage?
                                                                                                Was actually their peak in 2010/2011.

It's just that it's blatantly incorrect what he said.

Comment

Nearing coma.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                    Was actually their peak in 2010/2011.

It's just that it's blatantly incorrect what he said.
                                                                                                    Could you enlighten those of us that haven't a clue as to what the truth is?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Any good reason for no reserve days in the cricket world cup for rained off matches?
                                                                                                      The dragged out nature of the group phase with regular 6+ day gaps between teams games would surely make it possible.
                                                                                                      No. But the ICC know best clearly

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        Nearing coma.
                                                                                                        Man up.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          Man up.
                                                                                                          GFYCESM.

Comment

I think that was a good night. My burps taste like a burger I don't remember eating.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                I think that was a good night. My burps taste like a burger I don't remember eating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoYZR2JKkDU
                                                                                                                You & Nuck took up nearly identical position's at the bar last night, was like the drunk in the two of you knew the ideal spot.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  You & Nuck took up nearly identical position's at the bar last night, was like the drunk in the two of you knew the ideal spot.
                                                                                                                  I don't remember much after Keogh's. I assume I didn't do or say anything too embaressing lol. Feel free to make something up so I can feel worse. My head is thumping.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

When did Icky last post?
                                                                                                                    Icky watch update:

Spotted boarding flight to berlin today in Dublin Airport.

Comment

Refs are unreal when it comes to Chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                        Refs are unreal when it comes to Chelsea
                                                                                                                        Pretty sure fans of every other club in the league say the same thing. All the PL refs are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                          Pretty sure fans of every other club in the league say the same thing. All the PL refs are terrible.
                                                                                                                          They are having a mare of a year but I bet we have been fucked over the most.

Today 2 blatant penalties turned down in the first half when 1-0 up then a red card tackle made on Matic. He has a red card worthy reaction. Ref jumps at the chance to send off Matic and doesn't even book Barnes for his high foot tackle. Unreal.

League back on now. City will choke in Europe, Chelsea will go through and suffer for it in the league. City will pick up 6 points before we play again. That poxy game in hand will be there for a while and all the pressure on Chelsea.

If anyone can get a decent price on City to win the league in the next 30 mins, take it. You will get a sweat at least.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X