X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Anyone ever fly with Cityjet to London from Dublin? I assume you can check in at the airport with no extra fee? If I really need to I could check in online but as I'm not in work this week it would be awkward as the printer at home is out of ink.
      Recently flew Cityjet to France and they charge more for checking in a bag at the airport than doing so online, just a heads up in case you're bringing baggage.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I doubt I'm interested enough in the failings of the fraternity system in US Universities to plough all the way through the Atlantics very long article about it but fair play to the writer she does a great job of grabbing you with the first few paragraphs.

One warm spring night in 2011, a young man named Travis Hughes stood on the back deck of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity house at Marshall University, in West Virginia, and was struck by what seemed to him—under the influence of powerful inebriants, not least among them the clear ether of youth itself—to be an excellent idea: he would shove a bottle rocket up his ass and blast it into the sweet night air. And perhaps it was an excellent idea. What was not an excellent idea, however, was to misjudge the relative tightness of a 20-year-old sphincter and the propulsive reliability of a 20-cent bottle rocket. What followed ignition was not the bright report of a successful blastoff, but the muffled thud of fire in the hole.

Also on the deck, and also in the thrall of the night’s pleasures, was one Louis Helmburg III, an education major and ace benchwarmer for the Thundering Herd baseball team. His response to the proposed launch was the obvious one: he reportedly whipped out his cellphone to record it on video, which would turn out to be yet another of the night’s seemingly excellent but ultimately misguided ideas. When the bottle rocket exploded in Hughes’s rectum, Helmburg was seized by the kind of battlefield panic that has claimed brave men from outfits far more illustrious than even the Thundering Herd. Terrified, he staggered away from the human bomb and fell off the deck.

Fortunately for him, and adding to the Chaplinesque aspect of the night’s miseries, the deck was no more than four feet off the ground, but such was the urgency of his escape that he managed to get himself wedged between the structure and an air-conditioning unit, sustaining injuries that would require medical attention, cut short his baseball season, and—in the fullness of time—pit him against the mighty forces of the Alpha Tau Omega national organization, which had been waiting for him.

It takes a certain kind of personal-injury lawyer to look at the facts of this glittering night and wrest from them a plausible plaintiff and defendant, unless it were possible for Travis Hughes to be sued by his own anus. But the fraternity lawsuit is a lucrative mini-segment of the personal-injury business, and if ever there was a deck that ought to have had a railing, it was the one that served as a nighttime think tank and party-idea testing ground for the brain trust of the Theta Omicron Chapter of Alpha Tau Omega and its honored guests—including these two knuckleheads, who didn’t even belong to the fraternity. Moreover, the building codes of Huntington, West Virginia, are unambiguous on the necessity of railings on elevated decks. Whether Helmburg stumbled in reaction to an exploding party guest or to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is immaterial; there should have been a railing to catch him.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

My heart is broke.

Attempting to 'repair' my father's pc. It's windows xp. It's fucking twelve years old.

Fucking thing rattles like a whore and takes a fucking age to do the simplest of tasks.
            I think I'll just bite the bullet and but him a new Laptop.
            Any suggestions? Just for facebook and the pokerz??

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              My heart is broke.

Attempting to 'repair' my father's pc. It's windows xp. It's fucking twelve years old.

Fucking thing rattles like a whore and takes a fucking age to do the simplest of tasks.
              Daddy plays online poker and creeps?
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

My heart is broke.

Intel Celeron Laptops including HP, Dell, Acer and more at low prices with next day delivery and finance available. Get your Celeron laptop and save!

Will handle absolutely everything fine.

Comment

Comment

My heart is broke.

Ubuntu image.
                    install wine (for running poker clients)
                    done
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Quick 12 question quiz on Irish Internationals of the noughties. Got one wrong.

http://www.the42.ie/irish-internatio...44418-Feb2015/
                      You scored 2 out of 12!
                      That could have gone better!
                      You're more a GAA fan aren't you? Not to worry.

12 guesses, 2 correct, mathematically below average even for guessing, pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Good enough for them

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                          Been a bit of a lull with Irish Water protester Videos of late but they seem to be making a comeback after their Christmas break.

Garda gets very heavy handed @ 1:23 and throws a presumably upstanding member of the local community to the ground potentially causing life threatening injuries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAc6VWD5yRU
                          Imgur: The magic of the Internet

just awesome
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Comment

That's brilliant sp
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Today's eagerly awaited poem is from the dearly departed John O'Donohue, called For a New Beginning:

SPOILER
                                In out of the way places of the heart
                                Where your thoughts never think to wander
                                This beginning has been quietly forming
                                Waiting until you were ready to emerge.

For a long time it has watched your desire
                                Feeling the emptiness grow inside you
                                Noticing how you willed yourself on
                                Still unable to leave what you had outgrown.

It watched you play with the seduction of safety
                                And the grey promises that sameness whispered
                                Heard the waves of turmoil rise and relent
                                Wondered would you always live like this.

Then the delight, when your courage kindled,
                                And out you stepped onto new ground,
                                Your eyes young again with energy and dream
                                A path of plenitude opening before you.

Though your destination is not clear
                                You can trust the promise of this opening;
                                Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
                                That is one with your life’s desire.

Awaken your spirit to adventure
                                Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk
                                Soon you will be home in a new rhythm
                                For your soul senses the world that awaits you.

I love his voice, it makes it much more soulful listening to him reading it. I couldn't find a copy of him reading it online so I uploaded one myself so you can listen to it:

Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.

Comment

Great article I read this morning A Whistleblower's Horror Story
                                  "When Winston protested his preposterous punishment on the grounds that a trillion-dollar company recouping legal fees from an unemployed whistleblower was unreasonable and unnecessary, a California Superior Court judge denied his argument — get this — on the grounds that Winston failed to prove a disparity in resources between himself and Bank of America!"

Comment

Hard to believe this is a syn free meal! curry turned out fab

Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      LOL at rich kid Paul Murphy and his thuggish henchman Derek Byrne on the radio on their way down to todays protest which according to them only purpose of is to 'Close down Dublin'
                                      Confirmed Fascists.
                                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Presumably its the same Derek Byrne.

Comment

Thinking of doing this 12k, endurance yoke, anybody taken part?
                                        Join us for Ireland's toughest physical and mental challenge, HELL & BACK. We convert Killruddery Estate in Bray, Co Wicklow into an adventure playground where participants must go over, under, around and through 40+ man-made and natural obstacles on trail routes ranging from 5-16KM. Dublin's best fitness challenge.

Comment

Water protest blocking o connell bridge again
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Everything about it is genius; the Dublin accent, the tracksuit, the swagger, the 'I'm so weary of these morons' look from the Guard, the Soccer player dive but the gimp of him when he is picked up and trying to figure out how best to make his leg look broken is the cherry on the icing on the cake

This will do more to kill the idiotic anti water charges movement than all Paul Murphy's thuggery
                                            Soon the majority of the water protesters who got caught up on facebook like it was another ice bucket challenge craze will wake up the reality that they are behaving just just as stupidly as that fool.

Comment

my new #1 facebook page
                                              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Lol...

Official Crumlin Shopping Centre
                                                February 17 at 2:38pm ·

It seems some people are upset about the dog fighting on the first Saturday of every month. I've spoken to the organisers and they've agreed to move it back to the original Friday night slot.

Comment

happy new year of the greatest of all time.
                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-02-15, 17:13.

Comment

Are you not captain of your own ship contracting?
                                                      Not any more, nope.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      Recently flew Cityjet to France and they charge more for checking in a bag at the airport than doing so online, just a heads up in case you're bringing baggage.
                                                      Nah, not checking in a bag, but we have a 23kg bag each included in the basic price even though we didn't want it. I'm going to use my phone to check in. Never used that feature before but should be handier.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Hate that when you start peeing at the urinal and then almost immediately realise you also desperately need to dump. But can't until you finish at the urinal. So you're there trying to remember which muscles to relax that will get the rest of the pee out, while simultaneously trying to tighten the muscles that open the shitgates.
                                                        I went to a urinal before before I got on the bus to dublin from sligo, as it would be fecking ages. Bus driver saddles in alongside me. Turns out I didn't have to piss at all, there I am trying, it's not gonna happen, all this pressure...so I instead let out a giant fart. I leave to go queue onto this mans bus.

Comment

The water 5 really make it hard on themselves...

Comment

How would they expect to get support blocking regular people coming home at rush hour. Brain dead stuff. They must have all got off early from work to organise it
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Quick 12 question quiz on Irish Internationals of the noughties. Got one wrong.

http://www.the42.ie/irish-internatio...44418-Feb2015/
                                                              Me too. O'Brien?

Comment

New Blur Album announced.
                                                                First new track in 12 years

The official music video for Blur - Go Out Taken from Blur’s 8th studio album ‘The Magic Whip’ released in 2015, which featured the singles 'Go Out', 'There ...

Comment

These fuckin dickhead protestors again trying to make me miss 5-a-side

Comment

Sit down protest in O'Connell Street blocking traffic going both ways..and causing mayham for people trying to get home. .... Water protestors can f*ck right off...i have no problem with organised peaceful demonstrations and marches...but this is just ridiculous. ......

Holding a whole city to ransom because a few members were held in contempt of court....
                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                      Sit down protest in O'Connell Street blocking traffic going both ways..and causing mayham for people trying to get home. .... Water protestors can f*ck right off...i have no problem with organised peaceful demonstrations and marches...but this is just ridiculous. ......

Holding a whole city to ransom because a few members were held in contempt of court....
                                                                      Hey, this important stuff.

As a taxpayer and productive member of society, you should be thankful that these brave protestors are reminding you (in so many fabulous ways, today of all days) of what is really important in this country.

Comment

So rare that anyone uses member to describe penis instead of dick, knob or cock these days but I agree

Comment

Good bit of common sense from a poster on politics.ie

I'm not going to pretend to be an economic expert but to me there seems to be a few self evident truths.

Greece is insolvent. Blame them all you like for ending up in that situation but that is not going to change the fact that they are will remain insolvent until such time as some of their debt is written off. The real question is when this reality will be confronted.

Ireland, while far from smelling of roses, is not currently insolvent and is going to get any more sweeteners any time soon. The bank debt in this country was socialised not just for our benefit but for the benefit and stability of the entire Eurozone. However while there is a moral case for others to share some of the burden we are on the hook for it and cannot force anyone to take some of it off our hands. As long as the Irish economy remains reasonably healthy and no new impending crisis looms there is no real motivating factor for any of the other Eurozone countries offering any further help, particularly with more pressing problems existing elsewhere. The government realise that and are trying to put the best presentation on it for public consumption. Any other party who follows them into office will learn the same lesson regardless of what they currently say.

The solidarity which for so long underpinned the European project is being steadily eroded. Ireland was once amongst the most ardent pro-all things European (despite an irrational fear amongst some that the real purpose of so many European treaties was to legalise abortion) but has become far more skeptical. The same goes for any nation whose interests do not happen to be aligned with those of popular opinion amongst the German electorate. If the Germans are happy with that then what can you say. However history tells us that unions of different nationalities that are coerced rather than voluntary don't have great prospects in the long term and anyone with half a brain can see the centre getting squeezed and the extreme fringes gaining ground in the current turmoil.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              How would they expect to get support blocking regular people coming home at rush hour. Brain dead stuff. They must have all got off early from work to organise it
                                                                              LOL do you really think most of these cretins would be employable... If you are stupid enough to argue that water is a basic human right you are too stupid to operate a payslip.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                Not any more, nope.

Nah, not checking in a bag, but we have a 23kg bag each included in the basic price even though we didn't want it. I'm going to use my phone to check in. Never used that feature before but should be handier.
                                                                                Some of the airline apps are excellent while for example the Aer Lingus one is kinda shit, defo super handy for check in with no need to worry over trying to get stuff printed.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  These fuckin dickhead protestors again trying to make me miss 5-a-side
                                                                                  der fightn fur the water in yer half time bottle, you'll thank them when yer thursty

Comment

Contempt for court is a demonstration of contempt for Ireland and the Irish people so its hardly surprising.

Comment

Some of the airline apps are excellent while for example the Aer Lingus one is kinda shit, defo super handy for check in with no need to worry over trying to get stuff printed.
                                                                                      The United airlines app is awesome... I found out via it the flight status and plane delay before General public and change flights to earlier flight that had just 3 available seats before the others copped on to it. Seeing the other passengers desperately queuing after the official announcement was a laugh.
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        LOL do you really think most of these cretins would be employable... If you are stupid enough to argue that water is a basic human right you are too stupid to operate a payslip.
                                                                                        Thought the sarcasm was obvious
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

It certainly was to most.

Comment

Celtic down 2-0 inside 20mins. 2-2 after 25mins. Very scrappy but entertaining.

Comment

It was

Comment

...

Comment

Find the rte coverage of the o'hara trial to be a bit unsavoury. Is it really necessary to give out all that detail? Must be awful for the family knowing that thousands of random strangers are now privy to such intimate details of o'hara.
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I removed my thanks, sorry had a blonde moment
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

LinkedIn sent me an email, my contacts are breeding!

Comment

Hitch if ye like buying games, this is a cool new one I've played recently. Yes that is Wesley Crusher hosting.

Wil Wheaton and guests Ashley Johnson, Grant Imahara, and Dodger Leigh play Dead of Winter in this episode of TableTop!New episodes every Thursday on Geek & ...

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                          The United airlines app is awesome... I found out via it the flight status and plane delay before General public and change flights to earlier flight that had just 3 available seats before the others copped on to it. Seeing the other passengers desperately queuing after the official announcement was a laugh.
                                                                                                          That is up there with one of the best ones I've used so far, Air France was pretty good also, Ryanair is decent but as I mentioned earlier Aer Lingus is really lagging behind at the moment. Started using my Gmail account more and when flying to the Bahamas last month I got a notification to say my flight leaving Dublin was delayed by 1 hour, nice & handy.

Comment

That is up there with one of the best ones I've used so far, Air France was pretty good also, Ryanair is decent but as I mentioned earlier Aer Lingus is really lagging behind at the moment. Started using my Gmail account more and when flying to the Bahamas last month I got a notification to say my flight leaving Dublin was delayed by 1 hour, nice & handy.
                                                                                                            Does Ryanair have that check in thing on app. I'm heading off in 7 weeks to lanza with just carry on bag. Does it mean I can just saunter off through security. As in no desk etc
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              LinkedIn sent me an email, my contacts are breeding!

that's the same guy 3 times.

Comment

...

Comment

The app holds your boarding card all right. Not 100% sure how it works though.
                                                                                                                  I may check it out properly, not handing over a ball of money for not having one lol
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        Does Ryanair have that check in thing on app. I'm heading off in 7 weeks to lanza with just carry on bag. Does it mean I can just saunter off through security. As in no desk etc
                                                                                                                        You still have to queue up as normal. The only benefit is not having to have a sheet of paper with you.

Used it before just after it was being phased in. Everyone that was using the app was actually kept behind because the system wasn't accepting the barcodes of the boarding pass properly

Comment

The coverage of this Elaine murder trial is strange enough. Seems to be all about stuff the murdered person did rather than the person accused of the murder. If one was being sanctimonious (and indeed provided one was fully aware what that word meant, which I'm not); it almost seems like she is on trial rather than him.

Her past an lifestlyle is far far more interesting to most people. That's why it's talked about. No one really gives a shit about your mans wife + 2 kids and a job life. It's not that exciting really. I expect if he's convicted it could change though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X