This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
    Edited since for the Rowle one. Any joy with that and can you spoiler the 6 nations one, seriously racking my brain here but think I am trying to find some hidden meaning in it.
    rest of the answers
    SPOILER
    #8 is right
    six nations = millennium trophy
    madonna = don't tell me
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      rest of the answers
      SPOILER
      #8 is right
      six nations = millennium trophy
      madonna = don't tell me
      Would never have guessed the 6 nations one, was on a completely different track and Madonna again, would not have had a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        you are a relative tech noob - where does one go to build and self publish their own website? Are things like Blogger etc the best way now or what?
        ...Give it to us Straight...How much will subscription be to your Cheltenham Tips website?...

Comment

Which phone did ya get? Motorola one?
          yeah moto g that was released a few months back, it's class. Anything more is probably a waste of money but shure whatever. I dont exactly notice a downgrade from 1080p to 720p on a 5 inch screen haha.
          Was sent forward in October for trial at the Central Criminal Court.

This did get me wondering when the last murder in Guernsey was as I can't remember one offhand since I moved here in 2009. The most recent one I can find is 2006 so that is pretty surprising to be honest. Although very little serious crime to be honest with notable headlines such as:

Guernsey fish theft accused bailed by magistrates

Basically, a guy broke into the Aquarium and stole a Sea Bass that he had planned to enter into a fishing competition to win £800. The plan was then to return said fish alive before anyone realised it was gone. The fish died however and in the meantime the aquarium manager noticed the winning catch in the competition was similar in size to the fish stolen.

It turns out that Sea Bass living in the sea have a natural striation in the scales from the temperatures in the water fluctuating between Summer and Winter whereas aquarium fish are uniform because of the constant temperatures in the tank. So they were able to confirm the fish was actually the same one from the aquarium.

He got 100 hours community service and took an oath of good behaviour for 2 years. Very lenient considering there is an automatic custodial sentence for breaking into a house.
          Do ye know ben?
          It's a small place right

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Do ye know ben?
            It's a small place right
            Give me a surname as I probably do!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              May have been posted already and I missed it but it's worth a repost - Very well put, wasn't expecting something like that from Reilly

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...-30997863.html
              Made me think of this.

SPOILER

But he does make a valid point.
              My daughter is 11 and from the time she started school, when she talks about her schoolfriends, she only ever mentioned them by name, never any other description like, the black boy, the brown girl, the chinese, polish etc. When we were growing up you always mentioned the minorities in school by name followed by race or color but my daughter doesn't differentiate. I found that very refreshing and it definitely gives me hope for humanity knowing that when the older generations die off we will hopefully have generation after generation of acceptance instead of alienation and ignorance.

Comment

Going to bed now and as there has been some poetry posted this last few nights !

I will submit my choice as a Dad of daughters.

Become a Member for exclusive perks and videos: https://bit.ly/ButtonMemberJesse Parent, performing at CUPSI 2014 in Boulder, CO.Want to choose which videos ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  How does the referral thing work
                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Unfortunately doesn't work. It's €1280 per 15-day booking. Its a special monthly rate.
                  heh, sadly, it isn't % of all future travel. I think they may even have changed it as of the last few days. Turns out I'll get 22e travel credit when you travel.

I sent you a referrral email to your work email, if you want one to a different email let me know.

As you know, the host can send you a special deal (as you said they are).
                  You could cancel (check how strict their cancellation charge it though they should sort you out regardless) and try to book it in 2 lots, the host can then crunch the maths and re-send you offers for both.
                  Just be sure that if he charges a cleaning fee, that he isn't trying to charge you a second one.

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                  Saw nightcrawler. Thought it was very good.
                  Watch it again. Boyhood, despite a decent concept was self indulgent wank with a lead who you want to punch.

get an extra few days now . When is that curse jar coming into effect riggs?
                  6:00am, get your moneys worth.
                  Swears will be added as needed to the list.

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                  Got so caught up reading on Greek in/out of Euro, hadn't noticed that'd we'd left it already.

Or does this swear lark only cost people who still have coins from back when we pretended to be a Sovereign people who could demonstrate their Independence by issuing their own currency?
                  We may be able to convert the old money into a newer form of currency.

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                  AirBNB take paypal, visa debit has no such limit that i ever encountered, must be a bank imposed thing, maybe they could raise it.
                  Yea, depending where you are, they take different things.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  If you were offered a place on the 2024, one way mission to Mars, would you take it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...h-forever.html
                  none of me mates live there mates

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  10k is a joke if you sat the two lads together. 3 broken bones and surgery Mick FRisby had. 1700 a month the life of a lower order rugby player not so glamorous.
                  Fuck that, 10k sounds reasonable.

My mother used to love our Brendan's voice.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  What are the advantages of it over a phone at 1/3 of the price like the Moto G 4G for example?
                  I don't know but the moto is a great little phone with a very good battery life. Supppose more expensive ones will have a better camera.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ragnar Lothbrok will be back on our screens tonight, a 10 episode season.

One of the storylines, not really a spoiler but if you dont want to know anything about it dont click.

SPOILER
                    100 longboats will be invading Paris.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

@FD. Bangladesh bowled out over night and looking like Afghanistan won't make the 50 overs either

Comment

1.)🐜1⃣ 🚣🍺🎿
                        2.)👀🚪👍🚽👦
                        3)🚖🔔🅰
                        4)👳🆔👍
                        5.) 🌅📆❤️🏃
                        6.) 📧🚛🐀🅰✅
                        7.)ri🔑🚚🐑fs😉L
                        8.) 🌅📼👠📧
                        9.) ✅🔕
                        10.)👕💇📧🐔®📧
                        11.) ☁️EO🍕🚣
                        12.)💍🅾 ⚽️🅾📺
                        13.) ✅📞🚬🐜
                        14.) 🇩🇪✒️🐜
                        15.) U👀✅📞_____🐜
                        16.) 🚣💅 🍛 🎅
                        17.)🏥🔑 🔫🐺🅰N
                        18.)⛽️1000kg 🐏👂💤
                        19.)A🏃🐏🌊
                        20.) 🌅📼🚽💤
                        21.) 📹🔛🇩🇪Ω
                        22.)🔑🚐👑🚤🆖
                        23.) 👩👨👩🎢er 👶
                        24.) 👼D💍👩
                        25.)👼r👼
                        26.) 🇬🇧🐴💪🐏📏🅰

Example number 22 is Kevin Prince Boateng

All football players

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                          1.)🐜1⃣ 🚣🍺🎿
                          2.)👀🚪👍🚽👦
                          3)🚖🔔🅰
                          4)👳🆔👍
                          5.) 🌅📆❤️🏃
                          6.) 📧🚛🐀🅰✅
                          7.)ri🔑🚚🐑fs😉L
                          8.) 🌅📼👠📧
                          9.) ✅🔕
                          10.)👕💇📧🐔®📧
                          11.) ☁️EO🍕🚣
                          12.)💍🅾 ⚽️🅾📺
                          13.) ✅📞🚬🐜
                          14.) 🇩🇪✒️🐜
                          15.) U👀✅📞_____🐜
                          16.) 🚣💅 🍛 🎅
                          17.)🏥🔑 🔫🐺🅰N
                          18.)⛽️1000kg 🐏👂💤
                          19.)A🏃🐏🌊
                          20.) 🌅📼🚽💤
                          21.) 📹🔛🇩🇪Ω
                          22.)🔑🚐👑🚤🆖
                          23.) 👩👨👩🎢er 👶
                          24.) 👼D💍👩
                          25.)👼r👼
                          26.) 🇬🇧🐴💪🐏📏🅰

Example number 22 is Kevin Prince Boateng

All football players
                          1 - Kevin Prince Boateng
                          6 - Kevin Prince Boateng

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            1 - Kevin Prince Boateng
                            6 - Kevin Prince Boateng
                            8 - Kevin Prince
                            9 - Kevin
                            13 - Kevin Prince
                            20 - Kevin Prince
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Oh I get it, only shows up for iPhone users I guess

Comment

Maybe someone can screen grab it and post it Ive no clue

Comment

Give me a surname as I probably do!
                                  I probably know him nearly a decade from counterstrike but don't know his surname. Just put it out there cos he works in tech and is on fecking Guernsey, can't be too many haha
                                  He's a fan of complaining, you'd know him

Comment

2 eider gudjohnson

Comment

7.Ricky van wolfswinkel
                                      11.Claudio Pizzaro
                                      12.Mario Ballotelli
                                      24.Angel Di Maria
                                      25.Angel Rangel

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                        7.Ricky van wolfswinkel
                                        11.Claudio Pizzaro
                                        12.Mario Ballotelli
                                        24.Angel Di Maria
                                        25.Angel Rangel
                                        If by Claudio Pizza room you mean Claudio Pizzaro then yes, but I do wonder why it would auto correct to Pizza Room, do you have a special room solely for pizza cause that would be awesome

Comment

This is at least helping to identify & isolate the iPhone people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            This is at least helping to identify & isolate the iPhone people.
                                            They show up on my HTC One (although isolate iphone people at your will )

Comment

They show up on nexus 5 also

18 Gaston ramirez
                                              19 Aaron ramsey

Comment

Midweek dine in FXBs tonight, only my second time and hoping it as good as the first.

@GAB Unsure if this made your top 5, can only remember your kitchen and Shanahans. Any chance of a repost or maybe you are due a revised list?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                  If by Claudio Pizza room you mean Claudio Pizzaro then yes, but I do wonder why it would auto correct to Pizza Room, do you have a special room solely for pizza cause that would be awesome
                                                  Lol, the auto correct done that. I edited it immediately anyway,and yes it also shows up on my S5.

Comment

13. Pascal Cygan
                                                    3. Cabella

Comment

23 - Hermann Hreidarsson

Comment

5. Dejan Lovren
                                                        6. Ivan Rakatic?
                                                        2. Eidor Gudjohnsen?

Comment

Nice to see the HSE taking credit for a large decrease in smokers last year. Vaping not mentioned once in the article on IT 👍

Comment

Can someone give me name of a half decent bottle of wine that's not overly expensive.
                                                            I'll go red
                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 18-02-15, 12:14.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Man Utd v Arsenal game on a Monday night? The FA Cup is dead!

Comment

Any thoughts on Vodafone or Verizon shares, brains?

Sell now or sell in 3/6 months?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  Can someone give me name of a half decent bottle of wine that's not overly expensive.
                                                                  I'll go red
                                                                  Define not overly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    Define not overly expensive.
                                                                    20 quid I suppose
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Chateau Mezain in Tesco or this in McHugh's and some other wine shops:

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        Chateau Mezain in Tesco or this in McHugh's and some other wine shops:

http://mchughs.ie/chateau-jeantieu-bordeaux-prestige
                                                                        Perfect, thank you
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

get two bottles of this
                                                                          Wine-Searcher is a search engine for wines within the price lists of all the online wine stores. It is the easiest way to locate the cheapest place to shop for wine.
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'll get zuutroys bottle to give away. I'll grab the other for myself
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Think I got 2 more.
                                                                              1. Antoine Sibierski
                                                                              15. Jussi Jaaskelainen.
                                                                              The rest have me stumped 4 8 9 10 14 16 17 20 21 26.

Comment

I'll get zuutroys bottle to give away. I'll grab the other for myself
                                                                                A had a few bottles of Chateua Musar recently and would highly recommend. Its a Lebanese wine which added to the intrigue to be honest.

Comment

Anyone got any Promo codes for quickpark or long term airport parking?

Comment

What's that? You're going to cut yourself if I don't post another poem soon? Ah here.

14th Century Persian poet Hafiz and "With That Moon Language".

SPOILER
                                                                                    Admit something: Everyone you see, you say to them, "Love me."

Of course you do not do this out loud, otherwise someone would call the cops.

Still though, think about this, this great pull in us to connect. Why not become the one who lives with a full moon in each eye that is always saying, with that sweet moon language, What every other eye in this world is dying to hear?

Comment

Hilarious stuff.
                                                                                      To be fair though, doing a full body MRI whilst stoned out of bin, spinning out would be a terrifying experience.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-10051712.html

Hilarious stuff.
                                                                                        To be fair though, doing a full body MRI whilst stoned out of bin, spinning out would be a terrifying experience.
                                                                                        The moment they stuck him in an MRI the greenies were inevitable.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                          Anyone got any Promo codes for quickpark or long term airport parking?
                                                                                          QP.

NOVA
                                                                                          GREYHOUND
                                                                                          CINEMA

DAA.

Eamo aint playing ball.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Whiteys i think.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Have you ever had shards of metal in your eye?
                                                                                              eh no...I'm sure i'll be be fine....maybe...jesus...fuck I dunno....could I have things in my eye since I'm a kid? Oh shit, oh shit dont panic, they wouldnt let you get hurt. Fuck they mightnt turn it off in time...oh shit, oh fuck..
                                                                                              stop...Stop...STOPPPPP!!!!!

Comment

A different approach to dealing with torrents:

A new report released by Tru Optik shows that there are hundreds of millions of active BitTorrent users who together shared 18 billion files last year. The data is being used to show media companies the scale of the "unmonetized" demand for their products while offering a tool to target pirates with the right offerings.

Comment

Anyone ever fly with Cityjet to London from Dublin? I assume you can check in at the airport with no extra fee? If I really need to I could check in online but as I'm not in work this week it would be awkward as the printer at home is out of ink.

Comment

Aldo v McGregor fight card just had Robbie Lawler v Rory McDonald added to it for the WW title which will probably headline.

Going to be a massive card.

Comment

I'll go red
                                                                                                      Got La Nonna Rioja at Tesco today and having it atm and have to say very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone ever fly with Cityjet to London from Dublin? I assume you can check in at the airport with no extra fee? If I really need to I could check in online but as I'm not in work this week it would be awkward as the printer at home is out of ink.
                                                                                                        We use them for work trips, used mobile boarding passes IIRC
                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          Aldo v McGregor fight card just had Robbie Lawler v Rory McDonald added to it for the WW title which will probably headline.

Going to be a massive card.
                                                                                                          The local credit union had 9 applications for home improvement loans on the same day last week. All the one bunch of lads heading to Vegas for fight week.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                            The local credit union had 9 applications for home improvement loans on the same day last week. All the one bunch of lads heading to Vegas for fight week.
                                                                                                            Ariel Helwani tweeted that McGregor will headline. Smaller weight class headlining over the bigger is unheard of. Going to be huge.

The hype might be too much this time!

Comment

Originally posted by chd View Post
                                                                                                              ariel helwani tweeted that mcgregor will headline. Smaller weight class headlining over the bigger is unheard of. Going to be huge.

The hype might be too much this time!
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype! Hype hype hype!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Religious types should have them insanity stamps on their foreheads every day, would make them far easier to avoid.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Religious types should have them insanity stamps on their foreheads every day, would make them far easier to avoid.
                                                                                                                    Alarming amount of them in DCU today.

Comment

Ah monkeyballs.

Vikings aint on till tomorrow night, friday morning for us.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        My head is fucking wrecked! My mother is now living practically with me since xmas . As ye know my granny ( her mother died after xmas day) and she hates being in tipp she says. She arrived after colm left early Jan and has now settled into a routine , she gets the train up on a Fri or Sat and goes home maybe 10 to 12 days later and then lands on again. She has now taken control of the tv among other things. how can I say I need my own space without sounding like a cunt

and you have a babysitter..

I know she adores her grandchildren... but it will tire her out da fuck
                                                                                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          Ah monkeyballs.

Vikings aint on till tomorrow night, friday morning for us.
                                                                                                                          Watch The Flash instead. Its gotten a lot better as the season progressed.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X