X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Could spend 250 on a lot worse tbf seeing as ya sleep there every night.
      Oh I agree but you could prob get the exact same feeling from one for 50/70 quid, make a saving ya know!

Its funny how people spend money. Like when a few years back we had big cut backs here I would buy a cheaper brand milk or bread or whatever ( never meat). for example; I use slimline milk and there was absolutely no difference in taste but now money is back floating about the house I grab avenmore milk from the fridge which gives a fairly big difference in price.

I am the worst ever with money and when have money will usually go for the dearer brand of an item because in my head I think ah yes must be better its dearer. Wonder are many others guilty of this. dunno would I spend 250 on a quilt though but if I was in a shop and there was 3 quilts all feather and priced 50, 60 and 70 quid , I would deffo pick the 70 quid one. its weird lol
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

You looking for work at all still SatNav? I don't have one to offer you, just wondering how the search is going.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          You looking for work at all still SatNav? I don't have one to offer you, just wondering how the search is going.
          Kinda enjoying living off my 188 from the government at the moment , however I have a meeting with someone tomorrow about something. nothing major , I will see what the story with it is first. cant say a whole pile as ye all know him
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            Kinda enjoying living off my 188 from the government at the moment , however I have a meeting with someone tomorrow about something. nothing major , I will see what the story with it is first. cant say a whole pile as ye all know him
            Looking for a job? Talk to Rob.
            airport, lol

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-02-15, 23:14.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Fairly certain the store brand milk is almost the exact same as Avonmore. Aldi/Lidl milk is meant to be best. How different could ordinary everyday milk be? Its all Irish from cows that spend their days wandering happily around a nice field except in winter when they get the bountiful delights of rotted grass and a bit of shelter from the elements. Don't drink milk though.
                  yeah thats kind of my point, like the 250 quilt prob has the same duck feathers inside as the 70 quid one. Its not like someone spent hours shampooing and conditioning all your ducks

I think possibly alot of products could have nearly the same ingredients/ materials in them and we pay just for the name and the fancy packaging .
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

We should set up SatNav to sell e-cigs to everyone in Kildare just to wreck SPs head.

Comment

Clare Daly showing cleavage my eyes right boob is bigger .

Comment

Fairly certain the store brand milk is almost the exact same as Avonmore. Aldi/Lidl milk is meant to be best. How different could ordinary everyday milk be? Its all Irish from cows that spend their days wandering happily around a nice field except in winter when they get the bountiful delights of rotted grass and a bit of shelter from the elements. Don't drink milk though and haven't been on a dairy farm since my grans 25 years ago.
                        Are you on a one man mission to send Strewel over the edge today?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTimes
                          One of the most widely advocated pieces of dietary advice from the 1970s and 1980s - to cut intake of fat and saturated fat in order to reduce the risk of a heart attack - was wrong and should never have been introduced, according to new research.

“There is certainly a strong argument that an overreliance in public health on saturated fat as the main dietary villain for cardiovascular disease has distracted from the risks posed by other nutrients, such as carbohydrates.”
                          Mainstream media and health journals finally starting to catch up.

Comment

Fairly certain the store brand milk is almost the exact same as Avonmore. Aldi/Lidl milk is meant to be best. How different could ordinary everyday milk be? Its all Irish from cows that spend their days wandering happily around a nice field except in winter when they get the bountiful delights of rotted grass and a bit of shelter from the elements. Don't drink milk though and haven't been on a dairy farm since my grans 25 years ago.
                            Milk market defies logic tbh, probably the closest thing we have to perfect competition, it's homogenised ffs!

Comment

You should set up a business imo. You kinda have that drive about you. Especially selling, which is the killer part of a business.
                              Doing what though lol

dunno do I want to hear the answer !

The oul drive has vanished at the min, would take an awesome fucking product to get me back selling. And if I knew that product I have no doubt I would be buying 250 quilts and 6 k mattresses too !
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

as the old middle-class saying goes: never skimp on where you sleep. First thing with a decent bit of cash will be a tremendously expensive mattress. Could be a while though
                                    I got a decent decent mattress from ikea 2 years ago. Nothing crazy, strung matress, pillow top, $650.
                                    It's gone to shite though. Big crevice in it on one side (my side). Feels like a row of springs moved.
                                    Comes with a 25 year guarantee, what's the changes of getting it replaced?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Have to say I was very impressed with Simon Harris. Had never heard of him until yesterday. He reminds me of a young Mandleson. All he needs now is a Tony Blair.

Hitch any chance of getting rid of twink. Maybe a jigsaw themed one instead.
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            Have to say I was very impressed with Simon Harris. Had never heard of him until yesterday. He reminds me of a young Mandleson.
                                            Misread this on the phone as a young Mandela, thought we were getting a little carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              I got a decent decent mattress from ikea 2 years ago. Nothing crazy, strung matress, pillow top, $650.
                                              It's gone to shite though. Big crevice in it on one side (my side). Feels like a row of springs moved.
                                              Comes with a 25 year guarantee, what's the changes of getting it replaced?
                                              We spent about 1800 on a really really good mattress about 10 years ago. Its the same today as it was then - perfect. Worth every penny

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                We spent about 1800 on a really really good mattress about 10 years ago. Its the same today as it was then - perfect. Worth every penny
                                                Ah heorr ya May get rid of her
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Got off the bus with Frank Ross.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

This weeks missing letters were very easy, only 2 that were any bit difficult were

_ o _ e _ / _ u _ _ (most goals for liverpool) - we did not get this
                                                      _ _ _ o _ e / _ u e _ _ a _ (in 7 days)

I also liked these 2 but were very easy
                                                      _ o _ / _ o u _ e / _ _ i _ _ e e _ (new guinness drink)
                                                      a u _ _ _ a _ i a (surprise eurovision entrants)

That's all I got for ye folks
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Hmm published in Open Heart journal. Very decent journal publishers (BMJ), but journal itself has no impact factor (the ranking method for journals). If this was really actual groundbreaking stuff it would have been published in a better journal.
                                                        The report in the article was a retro-analysis of the studies from the 70s/80s. That isn't ground breaking in any way, that's my point. This isn't new info either. It's been well documented for years that sat fat and fat in general isn't bad for you. Look at the diet advice given out here all the time, but it's only picking up steam in media lately. It will take years to reverse the damage Weight Watchers did, but progress is progress.

As for better journals, there are many other studies that show this. Here's one form the BMJ. Is there a particular journal that you'd consider the gold standard, and I'll try find something.
                                                        Let’s bust the myth of its role in heart disease Scientists universally accept that trans fats—found in many fast foods, bakery products, and margarines—increase the risk of cardiovascular disease through inflammatory processes.1 But “saturated fat” is another story. The mantra that saturated fat must be removed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease has dominated dietary advice and guidelines for almost four decades. Yet scientific evidence shows that this advice has, paradoxically, increased our cardiovascular risks. Furthermore, the government’s obsession with levels of total cholesterol, which has led to the overmedication of millions of people with statins, has diverted our attention from the more egregious risk factor of atherogenic dyslipidaemia. Saturated fat has been demonised ever since Ancel Keys’s landmark “seven countries” study in 1970.2 This concluded that a correlation existed between the incidence of coronary heart disease and total cholesterol concentrations, which then correlated with the proportion of energy provided by saturated fat. But correlation is not causation. Nevertheless, we were advised to cut fat intake to 30% of total energy and saturated fat to 10%.”3 The aspect of dietary saturated fat that is believed to have the greatest influence on cardiovascular risk is elevated concentrations of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Yet the reduction in LDL cholesterol from reducing saturated fat intake seems to be specific to large, buoyant (type A) LDL particles, when in fact it is the small, dense (type B) particles (responsive …

Would imagine with likes of IKEA, its close to 100%
                                                        This cheers me up.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                          Australia (surprise eurovision entrants)
                                                          Is there a typo in Guinness?

Comment

Anyone look at this whatsapp "whatsim" use whatsapp anywhere in world no subscription etc 10er once off. What am I missing looks unreal?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

This weeks missing letters were very easy, only 2 that were any bit difficult were

_ _ _ o _ e / _ u e _ _ a _ (in 7 days)

I also liked these 2 but were very easy
                                                              _ o _ / _ o u _ e / _ _ i _ _ e e _ (new guinness drink)
                                                              a u _ _ _ a _ i a (surprise eurovision entrants)

That's all I got for ye folks
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              Roger Hunt
                                                              Shrove Tuesday

Comment

Roger Hunt. He's not Liverpool's top goalscorer though.

Comment

Is there a typo in Guinness?
                                                                  No. That's how it was given and that's how we got it right . I wanna know your answer after though
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                    Roger Hunt. He's not Liverpool's top goalscorer though.
                                                                    Sorry that was meant to say in liverpool - I think he has the most home goals or something...?? Definitely said most goals in liverpool anyway, I was super confused
                                                                    We wrote down Roger Rush thinking Ian Rush might have changed his name
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Sorry that was meant to say in liverpool - I think he has the most home goals or something...?? Definitely said most goals in liverpool anyway, I was super confused
                                                                      We wrote down Roger Rush thinking Ian Rush might have changed his name
                                                                      He didn't. It's still Ian.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Anyone look at this whatsapp "whatsim" use whatsapp anywhere in world no subscription etc 10er once off. What am I missing looks unreal?
                                                                        No. That's how it was given and that's how we got it right . I wanna know your answer after though
                                                                        I thought the 3rd was was supposed to be Guinness* (with ee instead of ss) for Hop House Guinness. Look it up, and realised that the new beer is Hop House Thirteen.

*Are all vowels always there, or only most vowels?

Comment

I thought the 3rd was was supposed to be Guinness* (with ee instead of ss) for Hop House Guinness. Look it up, and realised that the new beer is Hop House Thirteen.

*Are all vowels always there, or only most vowels?
                                                                          All vowels are always there, it's actually a really fun round as before it was pretty shite with people studying for specific rounds. Whereas this is just random and run, rigger even came along for half the quiz!

This was a few weeks ago
                                                                          _ o _ _ / _ a _ _ i _ (finger painter)... I enjoyed getting this one, was very tough

SPOILER
                                                                          Rolf Harris
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Booked my flights for Vegas. Whoop. Whoop.
                                                                              6am flight now though, must head to bed. See ya in the airport eamo?
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

6am flight now though, must head to bed. See ya in the airport eamo?
                                                                                  I'm here till 6 yeah
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

For July?

Comment

I'm here till 6 yeah
                                                                                      Estimated check in time for an 11.45am flight next Thursday with just carry on luggage please Mr.Honda. Are the Ryanair flights from Dublin to Stansted right down the back of the airport so add another 10 mins on yeah?

Comment

Just saying;

Blankets > Duvets

Probably loads of ppl here never slept under blankets.

Also feather pillows ( wife converted after I bought her a couple good ones )

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Estimated check in time for an 11.45am flight next Thursday with just carry on luggage please Mr.Honda. Are the Ryanair flights from Dublin to Stansted right down the back of the airport so add another 10 mins on yeah?
                                                                                          Best check in online day before if it's Ryanair. Assume you mean bag drop.. 2 hours is shit loads of time, security queues are grand these days. I'd be goin for 10:15 obviously adding on extra time as you need if ya wanna get food have kids and bags with ya etc.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Best check in online day before if it's Ryanair. Assume you mean bag drop.. 2 hours is shit loads of time, security queues are grand these days. I'd be goin for 10:15 obviously adding on extra time as you need if ya wanna get food have kids and bags with ya etc.
                                                                                            Ah check in is sorted, just meant getting through security and down towards the gates. No bag drop because we'll just have cabin luggage. No kids, just me and MrsF. Was thinking 10.30 myself so that sounds good, ty.

Comment

For July?
                                                                                              june 22nd to july 15th, WHOOP WHOOP, HYPE.
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Ah check in is sorted, just meant getting through security and down towards the gates. No bag drop because we'll just have cabin luggage. No kids, just me and MrsF. Was thinking 10.30 myself so that sounds good, ty.
                                                                                                Ah ya plenty of time. Not sure what it's like at that hour there but 20 mins security max I'd say. Ten more up to the gate
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

tackle of the season

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I think what's often overlooked in the e-cig/vape health debate is how much of a fucking idiot you look like using a e-cig.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      so tell me, Duvets, high end ones. Who here has trod this path and can impart knowledge?
                                                                                                      Rather than try to get the perfect duvet, I think the main thing is to have a proper summerweight one and a proper winterweight one. It's all about the tog ratings although I always thought togs were what you wore in the pool.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

Strewel are you a reformed smoker yourself? Would explain the anger if you had to give up the hard way but now people have a much easier way to do it.
                                                                                                          Same as the way I get angry that tinder exists now when I can't use it.

Comment

I think you would see a similar campaign develop in the media against a proper anti-fat pill if it ever came out. If smokers and overweight people can get off pain free it massively narrows the base of people you can look down on while being a lazy sod yourself.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 11-02-15, 09:25.

Comment

Data Transfer limits of 50mb limit in Zone 1 all the way down to a 5mb limit (annually) in zone 6. You can top it up to get more than that though. Might not be enough for day to day.

Looks a great shout as an emergency sim though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Milk market defies logic tbh, probably the closest thing we have to perfect competition, it's homogenised ffs!
                                                                                                                think you mean Pasteurised.
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

re: Toggage, would it make more sense to buy 2 6.5 tog duvets instead of a "winter" and a "summer", use one during the summer then double up for winter and rotate the "all year" one?

Never "double duveted" before though.

Comment

Duvet recommendation.

Find a woman with a hot arse. Make sure the bed isn't too big so she can't go roaming too far. Problem solved.
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Tog is completely separate form the feel of a duvet anyway, they are important but different.

Top floor in Arnotts has the widest selection of the finest luxury. Think we spent about €250 or so one in there last year. Ridiculously comfortable.
                                                                                                                      If people wait to a sale there you get hundreds off. I'd say I got 2-300 off my duvet, it was never worth what they are asking, they just know most people buy duvets in a B&M store. The real struggle is getting a luxury vegan duvet that says I am better than everybody else.

I'm pretty sure you could just go on amazon and get a really good duvet for cheap all of the time.

What is the difference I can use whatsapp anywhere? Isn't it just a net connection, not carrier related.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-02-15, 10:02.

Comment

I was in a hotel down the country over Xmas gone, they were using summer tog covers on the beds, was freezing, I was wondering duvet know it's Christmas time at all?
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          re: Toggage, would it make more sense to buy 2 6.5 tog duvets instead of a "winter" and a "summer", use one during the summer then double up for winter and rotate the "all year" one?

Never "double duveted" before though.
                                                                                                                          Have a 15 tog for winter... its so awesome!

It hasnt been that cold this year though so the summer duvet was never taken off the bed.
                                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X