Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on a stags to Westport in a couple of weeks time, with pretty much the same bunch of lads I went to Lahinch with, excited about it.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      You think its fake because some conspiracy lunatic on the internet says so?
      No because i watched it and it looked fake, then i checked for debunk vids.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Yeah, I agree, the town is a bit of a shit hole alright. We had a few boats hired out which made it fun.
        Ya was a boat cruise which went up and down the river few drinksetc but wouldnt take any lads. Was just full of women.
        Should have reported the fuckers for inequality.
        The people on the boats spend feck all the stags and hens booze like its the last day on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          You're the same age as me so would have been around 14/15 when that show was on. Surprised you don't know it. Kelly would have been pretty high up on a lot of guys hit list at that age!
          I was middle of primary school, and can confirm she was hitlisted by everyone at hat agw too. Not that he had a clue for the list was for.
          A close second was, I think, Tiffany, from California dreams.
          Wonder how she's looking now.

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
          No because i watched it and it looked fake, then i checked for debunk vids.
          Fair enough. I'm just skeptical of all skeptics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Going on a stags to Westport in a couple of weeks time, with pretty much the same bunch of lads I went to Lahinch with, excited about it.
            Had a great one in Clifden 9 years ago.
            We went sea fishing and the sea was like glass caught a shit load of fish.
            The highlight being me catching and unhooking a seagull without klling it or getting an eye pecked out.
            Helped that there was a tag rugby tournament on there.
            West of ireland in winter can be grim but good company and bring your own guitar be great

Comment

6 nations match on tomorrow
              Have I got a horrible memory or is Friday a new thing? Also just watched Unbroken there, had never heard of it but was decent enough
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

nows your chance to see what mila kunis thinks

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                  Have I got a horrible memory or is Friday a new thing? Also just watched Unbroken there, had never heard of it but was decent enough
                  Not new, they did it for a couple of seasons then stopped for a while but brought them back last year, wales v france I think. Ireland playing Wales on a Friday night in 2016 in Cardiff. Think it's only Cardiff and maybe Paris that have had them. I like it, nice to have sport on a friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                    Not new, they did it for a couple of seasons then stopped for a while but brought them back last year, wales v france I think. Ireland playing Wales on a Friday night in 2016 in Cardiff. Think it's only Cardiff and maybe Paris that have had them. I like it, nice to have sport on a friday night.
                    I must have missed it completely back then! Fucking thrilled to see it though in all honesty
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                      Wtf have the women done to themselves?
                      Lots of bad surgery.
                      Yer man Ac slater drinking out of the fountain of youth.
                      lol

Copper Face Jacks must be throwing up stunners now?

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                      French tv move years ago that has now evolved. Good for Friday nights which is such an untapped TV market imo but with 3 games weekly there was nothing wrong with how it had been. Again, imo.

AFAIK PL/Sky/BT are hitting that market from 2016. Dunno if its a slot to bid for or shared. Think Germany and France already do it.

EDIT - I mean time slot not market. Could also be wrong. Unlikely though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                        Had a great one in Clifden 9 years ago.
                        We went sea fishing and the sea was like glass caught a shit load of fish.
                        The highlight being me catching and unhooking a seagull without klling it or getting an eye pecked out.
                        Helped that there was a tag rugby tournament on there.
                        West of ireland in winter can be grim but good company and bring your own guitar be great
                        Went to Clifden a couple of years ago, three couples, was real nice.

Went out sea fishing too, myself, my mate, two Polish lads and a skipper, was hell. I'm not a fan of fishing anyway, can't even touch the things, had to get my mate to unhook the fuckers, this was my idea of way less than a good time but he booked it so didn't want to let him down.

The rest of the gang stayed behind, we got up Sat morn hungover to fook at about 8am and headed out on this boat. Fucking freezing cold, I took my socks off and used them as gloves. Skipper dude pulled in off Inis Boffin and we'd anchor for a while, catch a few then move off. Calm enough conditions.

This went on for about six hours, catch a few, move off, catch a few more, move off again. All the time freezing my bollix off. We ended up with more fish than tribeca before heading in.

At this point the Atlantic was like a heaving boiling liquid trampoline, water spraying all over the place, shit sliding all over the deck. We were hanging on for dear life, no life jackets on. It was real fucking scary. Good hour trip back.

My mate was gripping on to the frame of the toilet door when the door slammed shut and chopped the top of his finger off, he was two feet away from me screaming in agony and I could hardly hear him with the roar of the ocean.

Even the skipper had a look of 'I'm about to die' fear in his face.

I'll never do that shit again.

Our haul was pretty apt I thought.

A load of Pollocks.

Saw some dolphin though which was nice.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          lol

Copper Face Jacks must be throwing up stunners now?

French tv move years ago that has now evolved. Good for Friday nights which is such an untapped TV market imo but with 3 games weekly there was nothing wrong with how it had been. Again, imo.

AFAIK PL/Sky/BT are hitting that market from 2016. Dunno if its a slot to bid for or shared. Think Germany and France already do it.

EDIT - I mean time slot not market. Could also be wrong. Unlikely though.

EPL looking to put some games on Friday nights next season I think. Not sure if it'll be an exclusively Sky slot (a la Monday Night Football)?
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Time for bed.

Had to read that Knowledge is bacon, Francis Power post 3 times before I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                              EPL looking to put some games on Friday nights next season I think. Not sure if it'll be an exclusively Sky slot (a la Monday Night Football)?
                              BT have taken the CL from Sky so if it is up Sky will win that auction probably.

Late Late show or Football?

Tubridy or Neville?

A reason to hate Fridays or another reason to love Fridays?

Yay 2016.

Comment

Series 6 of sopranos is the greatest series of any show to grace a tv screen
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Season 2 of Justified m8.

Have you watched Rectify? Watch fucking Rectify.

Comment

At least you didn't name a season from The Wire. Not as wrong as you could have been.

Looking forward to Better Call Saul?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                      Season 2 of Justified m8.

Have you watched Rectify? Watch fucking Rectify.
                                      Haven't watched either, will queue them up.
                                      At least you didn't name a season from The Wire. Not as wrong as you could have been.

Looking forward to Better Call Saul?
                                      Yeah my expectations are pretty low for it tho. Hopefully I'll be suprised. House of cards season 3 coming, expectations low for that also.

Watched first episode of fortitude last week I like the look of it. Must download next one when I get home
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Haven't watched either, will queue them up.

Yeah my expectations are pretty low for it tho. Hopefully I'll be suprised. House of cards season 3 coming, expectations low for that also.

Watched first episode of fortitude last week I like the look of it. Must download next one when I get home
                                        Better Call Saul has unusual rave reviews, Journos got to see first few episodes and collectively wanked over it.

Can't wait for House of Cards. Orange Is The New Black too, like omg.

Comment

Go way with your Orange is the new black ya qware. The journos are more than likely yanks, yanks are fucking idiots.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Go way with your Orange is the new black ya qware. The journos are more than likely yanks, yanks are fucking idiots.
                                            It's no Home and Away but it is up there.

Comment

It's no Home and Away but it is up there.
                                              Hayley
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Hayley
                                                Rhiannon Fish laughs at you.

Comment

Rhiannon Fish laughs at you.
                                                  Haven't seen it in years. But yes after a Google you are right. There was another really nice one can't remember her name
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Ruby. Charlie was alright aswell.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Ruby. Charlie was alright aswell.
                                                      Charlie was amazing but too old for us m8. Samara Weaving instead.

If you want to know about the men of Home and Away, PM The C Kid.

Comment

Lot of male supermodels here it seems. My disclaimer is i was told that Swedish bird looked like Mila Kunis ( i only vaguely remember her from Ted). Anyway after seeing your disparaging remarks i decided to show her to a few IPB heads around and see. Photo was marked down, real life was 8-9 /10 it seems. I do personally doubt if Honda would get his pants off in time.

Comment

Haha best get another photo then!
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Inflation gone mad.
                                                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Started freaking out a bit (a lot) doing a list last night of what needs to be done with moving country. When I moved to England in 2007 packed a backpack with two shirts, socks, underpants, and a book. Got on the plane and that was it. Seems exponentially more complex now.
                                                                  Are you getting an agent to help with finding accommodation? Most french rentals (from my time in Paris anyway) are unfurnished.

Comment

Comment

Think the uni will get me an agent. Yeah, the unfurnished bit is another worry (and on the list!) as we don't own anything. Actually would you, or anyone else, have any knowledge as to whether agent fees count as 'moving expenses'? The fees seem vastly excessive.
                                                                      They did in my case. Fees are high, welcome to France!

Comment

Started freaking out a bit (a lot) doing a list last night of what needs to be done with moving country. When I moved to England in 2007 packed a backpack with two shirts, socks, underpants, and a book. Got on the plane and that was it. Seems exponentially more complex now.
                                                                        Add a mortgage and a house sale in for size

I'm taking the minimalist approach, I'm taking two cases with me and everything else is being sold/given away/dumped whichever is the least amount of hassle.

The big pain is timing accounts and closing of same, and this endless wait (every day is a like a week at this stage)
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                          just bought a wallet made out of cork, such a hippy.
                                                                          Bought some soap yesterday, said "Vegan Friendly" on it. Are yee that desperate you eat soap?

Comment

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Unwanted items, apply within

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                            Also they make you say thirty three and a third a lot.
                                                                            That is true everywhere in the world. Seriously I feel like a circus act sometimes saying that or to be sure.
                                                                            Has any Irish person in history ever said to be sure in a non ironic way or is it a culchie thing?
                                                                            Last edited by cooker3; 06-02-15, 09:44.

Comment

Work internet down, colleagues I've never spoken to are now all up for chats.
                                                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

In sligo for a stag weekend. Good spots to watch the rugby/drink?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  Bought some soap yesterday, said "Vegan Friendly" on it. Are yee that desperate you eat soap?
                                                                                  We don't like animals to clean their paws.

Comment

Think the uni will get me an agent. Yeah, the unfurnished bit is another worry (and on the list!) as we don't own anything. Actually would you, or anyone else, have any knowledge as to whether agent fees count as 'moving expenses'? The fees seem vastly excessive.
                                                                                    a good friend of mine (in Dublin) is from Rennes. Let me know if you have any questions for him.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                        Flushdraw if you didn't want to see 50 Shades movie there was no need to go so far!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examvir...wn-310938.html
                                                                                        It is not called FunCrana for nothing

Comment

I need a 4g sim for use in work, quickest way to get one? Is there prepaid ones? Unlocked ones? Short contract ones?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                              I need a 4g sim for use in work, quickest way to get one? Is there prepaid ones? Unlocked ones? Short contract ones?
                                                                                              3 pay as you go / 3 one month rolling contracts

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                It is not called FunCrana for nothing
                                                                                                Chatting to a guy yesterday, told me he is living in "LetterKenya" now.

Comment

Must have missed it in my time away. Where are you going?
                                                                                                  Moving to Malta, going to alternate between sitting sipping Espressos or wine depending on the time of day

Comment

Quit pretending it's a career advancement hitch. We a know you are secretly moving to France to be closer to retirement.

Comment

Q1: why did he leave Rennes?! Between him and Strewels niece, that's a 100% sample of people known indirectly who have left rather than moved to Rennes.

Suppose the key question would be: what area is nice, good nursery schools, good cafes? A bit busy. Generally most enjoyable district to live in, assuming you rely on public transport.
                                                                                                      Silly question I know but do you speak French? If not I recommend youtube videos of 'Allo 'Allo for an immersive learning experience.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                        Moving to Malta, going to alternate between sitting sipping Espressos or wine depending on the time of day
                                                                                                        Seems very self-limiting. I find them to be entirely complementary.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

BBV delivering this morning. WP everyone.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Q1: why did he leave Rennes?! Between him and Strewels niece, that's a 100% sample of people known indirectly who have left rather than moved to Rennes.

Suppose the key question would be: what area is nice, good nursery schools, good cafes? A bit busy. Generally most enjoyable district to live in, assuming you rely on public transport.
                                                                                                            Like it happens everywhere around the world, He left a small town to go work in the big city like most young people do.

Re schools, if you're putting her in state school, then where you live determines where she goes. The better the area, usually means the better the school (this is very relevant in the later years, not so much in early primary school). Not sure but there might also be a private "international" school, as they're popping up everywhere nowadays.

If your daughter is 3 this year (and potty trained), then she will go straight to school come september.

i'll find out the rest. If i were you though, i would pass my driving test asap, as you're really going to struggle in Rennes without a car, and you'll be missing out on the best part of living in Rennes which is having all of Brittany on your doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Seems very self-limiting. I find them to be entirely complementary.
                                                                                                              It's a fair point to be sure, and as soon as I find a promenade cafe there that will serve me wine at 9am I'll be sure to put in practice

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                You're the same age as me so would have been around 14/15 when that show was on. Surprised you don't know it. Kelly would have been pretty high up on a lot of guys hit list at that age!
                                                                                                                Kelly Kapowski and Jet from gladiators surely the top 2 from that period.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                  Jet is still nice in a Milfy type of way.

SPOILER

We should start a retro fitty pictorial thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                    If it was a top 3, would have to be Married With Children's Kelly Bundy
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 06-02-15, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      3 pay as you go / 3 one month rolling contracts
                                                                                                                      i scanned the area and they only have 3g/2g here, the bastards!

Comment

espresso martinis went down well for me, all im sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          a good friend of mine (in Dublin) is from Rennes. Let me know if you have any questions for him.
                                                                                                                          Used to live with a guy from Rennes.
                                                                                                                          You know when a dudes name is Xavier, he's gonna be a little crazy
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X