This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
    Watched nightcrawler last night. Haven't been so absorbed in a movie in ages. One of my favourite ever viewings.
    Ye all heard it from me first mates.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I thought nightcrawler was pretty crap, took me about four sittings to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        Ye all heard it from me first mates.
        This is true. Let me know the next movie I will thoroughly enjoy ta!

Comment

Here's one to Avoid so,
          SPOILER
          Kingsman.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Dont do sci fi. Thought American sniper was grand nothing special well watchable but nothing more. The Gambler was terrible
            Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
            ...1. Thought American Sniper was brilliant, and would rank it in the top 10 movies I've ever seen...Would definitely watch in several times and still enjoy it...

...2. Seen Ex Machina tonight, thought it was quite good, but obviously not fantastic... Story line was well planned but seemed to lack something (not sure what)...And disappointed to not see one of them getting Fucked...

...3. Wasn't impressed with the Gambler at all...Didn't excite me at all and would be happy to never see it again...

...4. Oh and a note on Foxcatcher...In my humble opinion, it was absolutely fucking Shite...Granted I turned it off after 75 minutes, but up until then it was complete crap...nothing happened, no excitement and do not understand how anyone could enjoy it...
            Of the 3 seen yesterday The Gambler was favourite thought it was excellent, American Sniper was just ok but felt very weak and a little too simplistic didn't know it was from Clint Eastwood as generally tend to not like his movie, was pretty pumped about seeing Ex Machina but didn't really get hooked into it, it's smart & looks the part but all the existentialism kinda lost me.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
              I thought nightcrawler was pretty crap, took me about four sittings to finish it.
              Same, watched it yesterday after some reputable shouts from here. Tripe.

Comment

@Ionapual.

How are you getting on with the blender thing?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                  This is true. Let me know the next movie I will thoroughly enjoy ta!
                  I will, could be years though.

Might start a what's fly and what's dry update, expand beyond cinema.
                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 27-01-15, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Of the 3 seen yesterday The Gambler was favourite thought it was excellent, American Sniper was just ok but felt very weak and a little too simplistic didn't know it was from Clint Eastwood as generally tend to not like his movie, was pretty pumped about seeing Ex Machina but didn't really get hooked into it, it's smart & looks the part but all the existentialism kinda lost me.
                    It's official,
                    Danny has the same taste in movies as Sat Nav

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                      It's official,
                      Lol, he's gonna love that!

The Gambler was good!!
                      Have you seen the butterfly effect?
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

It's official,
                        That would imply that there was some taste involved
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Gambler was the greatest load of shite I have seen in a good while.

Comment

Danny could you name some of the films you really like? I would have a hard time pinning you down on your preferences, but have a vague sense that you should be burnt as a witch for some of the things you don't like.

And JBravado would want to pull his socks up with not liking Nightcrawler. Who could have predicted that?

Comment

Our Friends in the Finglas community have called Michael D Higgins a 'little midget parasite' . Bet there would have been a smaller crowd on Wednesday

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Danny could you name some of the films you really like? I would have a hard time pinning you down on your preferences, but have a vague sense that you should be burnt as a witch for some of the things you don't like.

And JBravado would want to pull his socks up with not liking Nightcrawler. Who could have predicted that?
                                But how can every single person have the same taste in movies, something for one person can easily be hated by another. Some of the stuff I have seen recommended here is just so hard to watch, pure shite.

I like stuff that's easy to watch, im sure there are others here that have liked some movies iv posted but probably just won't say for fear of the same.
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                  But how can every single person have the same taste in movies, something for one person can easily be hated by another. Some of the stuff I have seen recommended here is just so hard to watch, pure shite.

I like stuff that's easy to watch, im sure there are others here that have liked some movies iv posted but probably just won't say for fear of the same.
                                  Some movies INSIST upon themselves.

Alle credits and rights goes to the team behind family guy. I own nothing.

Comment

Sent in a letter to change my address for voting last year, from sligo to dublin, to the local Dublin office.

Heard nothing back but this appeared at the old sligo address today, lol wut.

Comment

Left out a fairly important detail there tipp.
                                      Not sure what I left out

Last call for anyone from Athlone that can recommend a garage....otherwise il have to see what boards can do.
                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

You crack me up hotspur, never change

Comment

It's official,
                                          Ouch man that hurts, she is the worst though watches any old shite. Still you though SatNav.

Comment

What are people's thoughts on the cap on borrowing at 3.5x annual income? How would anyone ever buy a house?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                              What are people's thoughts on the cap on borrowing at 3.5x annual income? How would anyone ever buy a house?
                                              Is it 3.5x combined income aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Is it 3.5x combined income aswell?
                                                I would assume so.

10% deposit on first €220k and 20% deposit thereafter for first time buyers according to RTE News this evening.

Comment

I would assume so.

10% deposit on first €220k and 20% deposit thereafter for first time buyers according to RTE News this evening.
                                                  So no problem with a couple earning average industrial wages buying a 300k home?

Comment

Comment

The deposit part is likely to restrict more people, although this should have more of a long term calming affect.

Means 1x 30k income can buy a €116k house, €60k can buy €233k house. You can still buy a house in either case, but are very limited in where and how big

Comment

Things hipsters like: Berlin

Comment

Things hipsters like: Berlin
                                                          Facial hair

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                            The deposit part is likely to restrict more people, although this should have more of a long term calming affect.

Means 1x 30k income can buy a €116k house, €60k can buy €233k house. You can still buy a house in either case, but are very limited in where and how big
                                                            Yeah I mean obviously you can buy a house but as you said you're very limited as to where and how big, mainly where.

Re: Hotspur's reply above, again obviously in that case the couple can buy a place for €300k but I've looked recently and haven't seen a house I'd like for €300k. What if you're single? You essentially can't buy a house unless you earn 3x or 4x the national average or something.

My granny died last year and her house is on the market at the moment for ~€900k in Churchtown. It's not a particularly big house and hasn't been touched since it was built in the mid-90s so probably needs ~€100k of work. A couple earning €200k between them, a huge ask and very rare, couldn't buy that house unless they had a huge deposit sitting in cash.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              Facial hair
                                                              'Craft' beer

Comment

'Craft' beer
                                                                Claiming they are not hipsters

Comment

Yeah I mean obviously you can buy a house but as you said you're very limited as to where and how big, mainly where.

Re: Hotspur's reply above, again obviously in that case the couple can buy a place for €300k but I've looked recently and haven't seen a house I'd like for €300k. What if you're single? You essentially can't buy a house unless you earn 3x or 4x the national average or something.

My granny died last year and her house is on the market at the moment for ~€900k in Churchtown. It's not a particularly big house and hasn't been touched since it was built in the mid-90s so probably needs ~€100k of work. A couple earning €200k between them, a huge ask and very rare, couldn't buy that house unless they had a huge deposit sitting in cash.
                                                                  Shudda been nicer to the granny imo

Surely a couple buying their first house don't expect to move straight for the €1m gaff bracket.
                                                                  Property ladder.

Comment

Heard the term 'property ladder' from some talking head on RTE the other night, we've learned fuck all.

Comment

Most likely buyers in that price range would be ppl with equity built up in another house rather than FTB, although there are fewer of those around at the moment as any buyers 2003-2009 are probably still underwater and won't have cleared that much of a mortgage

These rules would be very negative for houses in that price range alright

Comment

Heard the term 'property ladder' from some talking head on RTE the other night, we've learned fuck all.
                                                                        Please explain

Comment

Peeked in the window of an estate agent the other day and 300k wouldn't even get you a hovel tbh.

Comment

Maybe some dated 4 bed granny chic in Churchtown just isn't worth over a million dollars?

Comment

Please explain
                                                                              I just don't consider it a ladder, unless it is a ladder with very few rungs that isn't really a ladder.

Comment

so after 45 yrs of heavy smoking I finally have my mother on the Ecig, day 2! First time ever in HER life off them. Cant believe it.
                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 27-01-15, 19:57.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  Peeked in the window of an estate agent the other day and 300k wouldn't even get you a hovel tbh.
                                                                                  Yeah, this.

Comment

I just don't consider it a ladder, unless it is a ladder with very few rungs that isn't really a ladder.
                                                                                    Step ladder

Comment

Confirmed

Comment

Slippy G moment please.

Comment

Shudda been nicer to the granny imo

Surely a couple buying their first house don't expect to move straight for the €1m gaff bracket.
                                                                                          Property ladder.
                                                                                          Cgt at 33percent means that the mortgage required to inherit is unattainable. Best that he was a fucker

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                            @Ionapual.

How are you getting on with the blender thing?
                                                                                            Great! I've over-packed it a few times, which means you need to fiddle about a bit to get everything blended, but otherwise it's doing the business. Have you got it yet?

Comment

The reason 300k wouldn't buy you a hovel is because people on minimum wage have been able to get 900k mortgages for the last 15 years. Obv if no one can afford to pay 900k for the granny's house that needs 100k put into it the price of the house will go down.

Comment

This is unreal at this stage.

Could break a Chelsea players legs in the box and we wouldn't get a peno.

Comment

When you find yourself agreeing with Niall Quinn it's bad..what's the ref at?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                    When you find yourself agreeing with Niall Quinn it's bad..what's the ref at?
                                                                                                    Typical of this season. Somebody is influencing them. Probably awarded two out of the last 5/6 that should have been penos.

Comment

Boring non eventful 0-0 draw then

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        The reason 300k wouldn't buy you a hovel is because people on minimum wage have been able to get 900k mortgages for the last 15 years. Obv if no one can afford to pay 900k for the granny's house that needs 100k put into it the price of the house will go down.
                                                                                                        No, what will happen is someone will buy it, most likely someone who is sizing up, and rents everywhere will increase because people can't buy.

Comment

Comment

Nah Lottie

Comment

Took a trip into JJ's for Dublin guitar night, good crowd, this gonna be good
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Typical of this season. Somebody is influencing them. Probably awarded two out of the last 5/6 that should have been penos.
                                                                                                                You sound spooked mate.

Comment

No, what will happen is someone will buy it, most likely someone who is sizing up, and rents everywhere will increase because people can't buy.
                                                                                                                  this is the other possibility.
                                                                                                                  The only people able to buy are cash rich which gets in the way of a young family ftb.
                                                                                                                  Obviously the 110% days can never come back but there are already steady increases in the rental market that'll hinder anyone starting out.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Def pen alright if for no other reason than the stupidity of the tackle.

Costa could pay for the stamp though.

Comment

I have a couple of trackers with Certus. 25 years left. What would be the % cash figure to buy out the mortgage or would they even entertain it. (both properties are not in negative equity)
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Nicely ignoring the fact that he should have been sent off before that.

Comment

The scumbag shouldn't have been still on the pitch. Justice imo
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X