This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    just heard that Conor murray neck injury is a lot worse than has been released and its very serious with a good chance of ending his career. Whatever way the disk is he will pretty much severe his spinal cord in a heavy collision which is fine in day to day life but a guarantee in rugby.

Has anyone else heard anything on it? I would rate the source as reliable but he is not murray spinal surgeon so who knows. He also recons that sexton has pretty serious damage and the last conclusion was a bleed and he will now get knocked out by pretty much anything for the rest of his career and might not make it back.

Fucker really messing with my Sunday
    Heard the same sort of career ending talk about SOB a month ago. Lads like to talk like they are in the know. Just have to wait and see I guess.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

If Clermont win this game, English teams make up the away side in all 4 Qfs...

We've Bath at home for a QF no matter the outcome in this game anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        If Clermont win this game, English teams make up the away side in all 4 Qfs...

We've Bath at home for a QF no matter the outcome in this game anyway.
        The amount of retards on boards who couldn't work that out is unreal. Not helped by BT but still...
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Leinster home to Glasgow if the fulltime whistles blew now. What a spawny outcome that would be.
          Spawny
          Not sure what that means but I'd rather be playing one of the French teams that are not Toulon in Dublin than Glasgow who seem to me to really have got their act together.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

BUMP.

I will stick it on the boards thread later if noone here wants it.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Any folks close to Navan ?

I have a reservation code for 500GB USB 3.0 HDD

First to reply in thread gets it.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Spawny
              Not sure what that means but I'd rather be playing one of the French teams that are not Toulon in Dublin than Glasgow who seem to me to really have got their act together.
              Spawny = Lucky.
              Probably right about Toulouse being preferable to Glasgow, I tend to be 10 years behind the trends and still think of Toulouse and StadeFrancais as the powerhouses.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                Fucking cement.
                'Donal, don't trust God when it comes to concrete'

Comment

Quality Rugby, Racing and Kildare giving the Dubs a run for their money. Bliss!

Comment

Balls. Toulon on the road was the worst result for Leinster. Ho hum.

Comment

SF at best then for Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        Would have required several miracles to win the thing anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          SF at best then for Leinster
                          Well the away semi against Clermont in Bordeaux was the greatest game in leinsters history IMO. Having to now produce an away win against Toulon chasing 3 in a row without BOD, Nacewa and Sexton is some ask but it's pretty juicy carrot from a players perspective with the right attitude.

It could be a career highlight game and you have to embrace that opportunity.
                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 25-01-15, 17:42.

Comment

Would have required several miracles to win the thing anyway!
                            Well id say they'll take care of Bath and I fancied racing at home. Final was another days work alright!
                            Putting up a better performance than the lie down in Toulon last year is the priority.

Comment

oh greece

people backed them not to leave the euro right?

Comment

this could be loud
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

oh greece

people backed them not to leave the euro right?
                                  Hitchhikers Lock of the Year that they'd stay in the euro this year.
                                  I think his logic was fine though and even now theres chances they'll stay in even if negotations will be tough. And his last ace is that even if they leave theres a good chance it would be timed for Jan 2nd next year or suchlike so he'd strictly speaking still be a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

this could be loud
                                    I heard some twit on the radio trying to hang it on Edna as if it was anything to do with him what Lowry does

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      I heard some twit on the radio trying to hang it on Edna as if it was anything to do with him what Lowry does
                                      I guess people can make inferences from the way it happened.

Either a) Lowry just suddenly decided for the first time to throw in a bit of unpleasant sexism when suggesting prospective appointments to Kenny, or b) the language used is a continuation of previous such conversations and Lowry knows that Kenny has absolutely no problem with it.

Obviously its 'a' that will be the official story.

Comment

Either a) Lowry just suddenly decided for the first time to throw in a bit of unpleasant sexism when suggesting prospective appointments to Kenny, or b) the language used is a continuation of previous such conversations and Lowry knows that Kenny has absolutely no problem with it.

The only sexist part was saying she was 'a woman' . The not bad looking comment could
                                        be said about a man or a woman and is just inappropriate. Either way can they not get a man for the job ffs ?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          We're going obv. Marseilles and bouillabaisse.

That Clermont-Munster game being fixed for 4.30 on a Sunday is turning out to be a great result, in terms of brownie point EV.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            We're going obv. Marseilles and bouillabaisse.

That Clermont-Munster game being fixed for 4.30 on a Sunday is turning out to be a great result, in terms of brownie point EV.
                                            Best way to get there? Are there a few options?

Comment

c) Lowry doesn't give a fuck
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think his logic was fine though and even now theres chances they'll stay in even if negotations will be tough. And his last ace is that even if they leave theres a good chance it would be timed for Jan 2nd next year or suchlike so he'd strictly speaking still be a winner.
                                                Will be interesting to see how\if the bookies reprice this. Unless Syriza are genuinely bent on Argentinising themselves, I really can't see it happening. The rock of leaving is a magnitude worse than the hard place of staying.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                  Don't know as I'll be flying in\out of Brussels and taking the TGV down with some deviants who live there. Rampant debauchery at 200 kph.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Will be interesting to see how\if the bookies reprice this. Unless Syriza are genuinely bent on Argentinising themselves, I really can't see it happening. The rock of leaving is a magnitude worse than the hard place of staying.
                                                    Williams's take on it that the Italians have taken over ECB and are trying to turn the Euro into a new Lira is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                      Fly into Marseille and a train to Toulon (about 45 mins) gives the most options. Flights to Marseille with Ryanair and Easyjet. I was over for the quarter final last year. Ryanair fly into Toulon but did not have a return flight on the Monday (game was a Sunday) so changed and flew Stansted - Marseille with Easyjet. There is a Gatwick-Marseille flight also.

There is an Ibis hotel right beside the Stadium and the rugby village. It is about a 20min walk up to the main Irish Bar in Toulon also. Overall Toulon was a bit of a dive though...
                                                      Last edited by Fuzzy Logic; 25-01-15, 20:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                        Fly into Marseille and a train to Toulon (about 45 mins) gives the most options. Flights to Marseille with Ryanair and Easyjet. I was over for the quarter final last year. Ryanair fly into Toulon but did not have a return flight on the Monday (game was a Sunday) so changed and few Stansted - Marseille with Easyjet.

There is an Ibis hotel right beside the Stadium and the rugby village. It is about a 20min walk up to the main Irish Bar in Toulon also. Overall Toulon was a bit of a dive though...
                                                        Semi has to be played at a neutral venue I thought? Hence assuming Marseilles.

Comment

Good point. Marseille is likeliest and where we though they would move the QF game to originally iirc as Stade Mayol is smaller.

Comment

Game will be played in Marseille.

Fly to Marseille is probably easiest way of getting there

Comment

Colm got a nice pic of Gwen Stefani last night at the Handball championships in Qatar. 20 quid to get in and the place half empty he said lol!

SPOILER
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Given the glacial pace of affairs in Europe I think it's a safe bet even if they are intent on leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  Colm got a nice pic of Gwen Stefani last night at the Handball championships in Qatar. 20 quid to get in and the place half empty he said lol!

SPOILER
                                                                  Just curious... What lol about that? I would have thought it would be a given that minority sports would have poor attendance?
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Rumble night!
                                                                    Pizzas ordered
                                                                    drinks in
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

About to get chinese for breakfast

living the dream

Comment

Rumble night!
                                                                        Pizzas ordered
                                                                        drinks in
                                                                        Saw Roman Reigns was 4/11 in some places, and 11/8 with PP to win. I never even heard of the guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          Saw Roman Reigns was 4/11 in some places, and 11/8 with PP to win. I never even heard of the guy!
                                                                          next big name, well meant to be.

Comment

next big name, well meant to be.
                                                                            I was trying to find that Dolphins1925 guy from reddit that correctly predicted every match for a ton of PPV in a row to have a punt, but he seems to have retired.

Comment

Ex Machina pretty amazing

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Ex Machina pretty amazing
                                                                                I really enjoyed it as well.

SPOILER
                                                                                For a movie with pretty much 2 people in a house/research facility, the suspense was really well built up.Domhnall Gleeson was great I thought.
                                                                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 25-01-15, 23:53.

Comment

New York is about to get pummeled with snow

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    I was trying to find that Dolphins1925 guy from reddit that correctly predicted every match for a ton of PPV in a row to have a punt, but he seems to have retired.
                                                                                    He stays on twitter now

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                      I really enjoyed it as well.

SPOILER
                                                                                      For a movie with pretty much 2 people in a house/research facility, the suspense was really well built up.Domhnall Gleeson was great I thought.
                                                                                      This plus
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      that dance scene was class

Had to flick off the Sean moncrieff show and stop reading a print review of this as they were starting to give far too much away, glad I did

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        This plus
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        that dance scene was class

Had to flick off the Sean moncrieff show and stop reading a print review of this as they were starting to give far too much away, glad I did
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Yeah the dance scene was bizarre, but a great addition.

Comment

Comment

Glad I got in & out before it hit, snowed a tiny bit one of the days.
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That was one of the greatest matches I've ever seen.

Comment

BOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Shit, stop over in NY on Wednesday

Comment

As a complete technophobe I have a question.

I use Utorrent on my HTC ONE M8 to download stuff. It has been working fine until this weekend. Now though when I try and download I click the link to download and the app opens it doesn’t do anything where before it would auto download the torrent!

I have deleted and re-installed the app and its still the same! WTF is wrong with it?

Can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                      As a complete technophobe I have a question.

I use Utorrent on my HTC ONE M8 to download stuff. It has been working fine until this weekend. Now though when I try and download I click the link to download and the app opens it doesn’t do anything where before it would auto download the torrent!

I have deleted and re-installed the app and its still the same! WTF is wrong with it?

Can anyone help?
                                                                                                      have you enough space on you phone for the impending download?

Comment

@ MrsF, I shall not have my minerals called into question

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                          I hope I'm that handsome when I'm his age

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                            have you enough space on you phone for the impending download?
                                                                                                            Yeah Zac I have plenty. No matter what I try to download big or small it's the same, the Utorrent app opens and nothing happens. Usually the message of where to add the file comes up and when I click add it starts. That doesn't happen now.

Doing my fucking head in!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                              I hope I'm that handsome when I'm his age
                                                                                                              Unless things drastically improve, it's not looking good mate

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                Just curious... What lol about that? I would have thought it would be a given that minority sports would have poor attendance?
                                                                                                                Is handball actually a minority sport as such? Seems very popular in all of Europe except for Ireland and the UK - I wonder if its just the fact we don't play it that leads us to call it a minority sport.
                                                                                                                I don't really find it that much of a spectacle myself to be honest but it clearly must have something going for it.

Its one of the sports I think of when people express surprise at why Germany or Poland or the Scandis don't have a decent rugby team - presumably its because they place it behind handball, basketball, winter sports etc, which are played very little in Ireland.

Comment

Is handball actually a minority sport as such? Seems very popular in all of Europe except for Ireland and the UK - I wonder if its just the fact we don't play it that leads us to call it a minority sport.
                                                                                                                  I don't really find it that much of a spectacle myself to be honest but it clearly must have something going for it.

Its one of the sports I think of when people express surprise at why Germany or Poland or the Scandis don't have a decent rugby team - presumably its because they place it behind handball, basketball, winter sports etc, which are played very little in Ireland.
                                                                                                                  definitely not a minority sport in most of Europe, but it's still the group stages of the championship (no idea which day he went but i'd say there would be some very empty days for some of those games) and it's in Qatar ffs! not sure there would be a huge fan base willing to travel there.

Comment

It's a great spectator sport imo - saw a couple of games at the Olympics years back. Reasonably violent too.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                      Yeah Zac I have plenty. No matter what I try to download big or small it's the same, the Utorrent app opens and nothing happens. Usually the message of where to add the file comes up and when I click add it starts. That doesn't happen now.

Doing my fucking head in!
                                                                                                                      Your provider might be blocking P2P stuff - who is it?

Failing that you could try T-Torrent

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                        Your provider might be blocking P2P stuff - who is it?

Failing that you could try T-Torrent
                                                                                                                        Well it doesnt work on Wifi or 4g when it used to on both. I have my phone with 3 and Wifi with UPC.

I'll try T Torrent thanks.

Comment

Just one more thing to try Eoghan. Tuen off phone and remove battery for a few second then inser and reboot. I find sometimes that this helps when apps go all fuckitty.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X