X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Weee gogo Bradistan!
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Must be really embarrassing to be a United fan these days.
        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
          Indeed
          Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
          LOL
          Embarrassing aftertiming gents.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            How? Did CHD make his post before the United result yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              I see. You would prefer I posted it before United played last night and CHD made his comment yes?

I'm not sure how either word applies to be honest.
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Best odds pre game

Bradford 28/1
                Middlesbrough 10/1
                Palace 5/1
                Leicester 4/1

A €10 accum would have netted you €95,700

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Best odds pre game

Bradford 28/1
                  Middlesbrough 10/1
                  Palace 5/1
                  Leicester 4/1

I had a score on it. Also can someone explain aftertiming to me, it seems to be a sin against god or something, much like same sex marriage.

Comment

Best odds pre game

Bradford 28/1
                    Middlesbrough 10/1
                    Palace 5/1
                    Leicester 4/1

Comment

Any folks close to Navan ?

I have a reservation code for 500GB USB 3.0 HDD

First to reply in thread gets it.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I dont know what it says about me but I do love this advert !

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

UL Leicester. If you got a French team with nothing to play for then you are almost guaranteed the win plus 4 tries. Instead they get a stubborn bunch of Ulster men. And Ulster says NO.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Indeed
                            LOL
                            Waaaay, but... Yous have kind of confirmed my point.

How? Did CHD make his post before the United result yesterday?
                            I see. You would prefer I posted it before United played last night and CHD made his comment yes?

I'm not sure how either word applies to be honest.
                            Ah its all banter football crap.

Watched Boro beat City with my die hard Boro supporting mate. As much as I'd like to say meh it's the FA cup the good side of it today was class. G'wan Bamford and Boro

It's embarrassing to be a united fan this season.

It's embarrassing to be a Chelsea fan today.

Comment

The whale flipped onto its side and started spinning in circles while engulfing the divers in shit, creating what one of the divers called a "poonado."

A group of divers near the Caribbean island of Dominica were engulfed in a mighty cloud of shit churned out by a sperm whale. The men were on a routine expedition to photograph the whales when one of their subjects started blasting an ungodly amount of butt butter into the ocean while spinning in circles, causing what one of the divers called a "poonado." Showing no mercy, the beast didn't stop until a 100-foot-wide cloud of its Mississippi mud had coated the divers and their equipment.

In a show of unwavering dedication to his craft, Canadian photographer Keri Wilk managed to capture the experience on film. Some believe the torrent of rusty nuggets was a little known defense mechanism, triggered by the proximity of the divers. On the other hand, it could have just been a spastic, diarrheic beast—that's how little we understand about whales and their insane, magical shits.

Comment

Any links for the UFC card please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

Not a bad payday all the same!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Most believe in rebirth. Reincarnation is different as that has to do with souls transmigrating into different physical forms. Buddhism is against the idea of something essential and impermanent like a soul.

Rebirth would be far too complex to begin to describe as it requires some understanding of how Buddhism views the nature of reality more generally. But separateness of the self is considered an illusion of the mind. You may see a rising wave as separate from the sea, but then it crashes down back into the sea. Was it annihilated? Or was it just a trick of perception / conception to have seen it as a separate thing with an essence in the first place? Or when you take a lit candle and use it to light another one. Is it the same fire or different?

Now I have no interest at this point in time in an issue such as rebirth, and suspect that it is probably just a result of the Indian culture within which Buddhism was founded. And plenty of Buddhists in the West would not believe in it. Or it may be considered to be a metaphor for the ways in which we create our future selves by the choices we make in the present.

Either way it's not something you have to believe, and no Buddhist would mind one bit if you didn't believe it.

Most Buddhism in the East is devotional Buddhism in which people just go through motions of ritualistic stuff. Quite the same way most Christianity here is going to mass and then being a judgemental, intolerant person for every other hour of the week.

But by all means listen to a couple of the introductory talks if you had any interest in what it is. You can find the bad in anything. Actually, here's a story I enjoy by a Buddhist monk I like about that very thing:
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiu7iHzYQhQ
                                    I've watched about 10 hours of this guy now dammit! He's brilliant.
                                    I am listening now to his talk on speciesism http://www.diydharma.org/buddhist-at...hn-brahmavamso due to my own interests, and he is talking about an Irish convict that came to him, who worked as a slaughterer in prison, and the story of him changing.

I think I have to watch all his videos and read his books...
                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-01-15, 22:03.

Comment

Not a bad payday all the same!

wonder did he cash out
                                      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post

wonder did he cash out
                                        Saw that one earlier, but read that there wasn't a cashout option wherever he did it. I didn't think Boro were bigger than 10/1 either.

Not quite sure how you lay/punt against Bolton win and BTTS!

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            I've watched about 10 hours of this guy now dammit! He's brilliant.
                                            I am listening now to his talk on speciesism http://www.diydharma.org/buddhist-at...hn-brahmavamso due to my own interests, and he is talking about an Irish convict that came to him, who worked as a slaughterer in prison, and the story of him changing.

I think I have to watch all his videos and read his books...
                                            Yeah, I watched a couple of hours, he is good. I subscribed on YT so I'll be watching a bit more.

Comment

Is the version of nightcrawler with the arabic subs the one that a censored version?

The numbers say 1:52 running time

Comment

Saw that one earlier, but read that there wasn't a cashout option wherever he did it. I didn't think Boro were bigger than 10/1 either.

Not quite sure how you lay/punt against Bolton win and BTTS!
                                                Looks like it is both teams to score and win odds
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                  Looks like it is both teams to score and win odds
                                                  Yep

But if there's no cash out option, and you're currently sitting on £51k, it would be nice if you could lay some off, but i'm not sure how you'd go about doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Is the version of nightcrawler with the arabic subs the one that a censored version?

The numbers say 1:52 running time
                                                    The one I have downloaded is 1:53:20 long (until credits start) and has no subs. Not sure how much would have been censored though. Are you getting mixed up with the Foxcatcher censored version doing the rounds?

Comment

The one I have downloaded is 1:53:20 long (until credits start) and has no subs. Not sure how much would have been censored though. Are you getting mixed up with the Foxcatcher censored version doing the rounds?
                                                      Ah yea thats it thanks.

Gylnhall is fantastic in this.

Comment

Gyllenhall didn't get nominated for an oscar for that

That was one of the best performances I've ever seen in a film.

Comment

If this Architect lad turns out to be guilty of Elaine O'Hara's murder I genuinely hope that he gets castrated and then tortured horribly in jail. Not because of the murder but for not having the balls to face up to what he did and forcing the girls father to give the evidence he did today.
                                                          Thought you were a bit more level headed m8.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                          Better idea. Pass on your values to your kids. Don't send them to a school that discriminates on the basis of religion. Stop feeding the trolls by going to their silly ceremonies just to please granny. Granny had her time. It's your time now.

I come from a catholic family. Said the rosary through May as a kid for example. Dawned on me at an early age what a crock it all was.

My kids are atheists and very comfortable with their beliefs. On the day of Charlie Hebdo, the 11 year old (most of his class making their confirmation this year) after listening to news on the way home from school on the radio, gets out of the car and says "I'm so glad we don't believe in any of that auld shite".

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” Being anti-catholic is a very healthy disposition IMHO.
                                                          On the subect...

I liked your post, two thumbs up, then remembered that I've agreed to be my eldest nephews sponsor at his confirmation next month.

I detest church/mass/religion. Still, the nephew asked my sister (his mum) would I be his sponsor (cause he knows I'm deadly and his favourite Uncle) - it would seem a bit shit to knock him back on it at his tender age.

I'm dreading the service and all that shite, it's on Valentines day so at least I can make a hasty exit afterwards

I snap called when my sister asked, it's nice that he picked me for something he deems important and it's a big enough deal to him - it would feel wrong to knock him back on it.

His dad, granny and grandfather (none the full shilling) on that side would be very into it all.

In years to come, if he needs some spiritual guidance or if he asks about my beliefs (or if he asks me on the day ), I will tell him in no uncertain terms that I think it is a load of bollox to say the least (language adjusted depending on his age at the time, though I've heard him say worse).

I think I've made the right choice on it.

Edit to add: Better he have me in this position of potential influence than someone who will back up/confirm everything he already believes. I'm like a sleeper cell.

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                          You chose to live in the sticks?
                                                          Then deny your kids the bumber pay day which is confirmation and communion so they are seen as different in school
                                                          I was jealous of one of my neighbours as kids his parents were Jehovahs witnesses
                                                          and english and he used be excused form our 3 or 4 hours of religion a week,
                                                          Used play cricket with him not seen him in 20 years.
                                                          I've long thought that a 'Take your kids to Disney world' breakaway group that happens to coincide with confirmation day would be a fine idea...

I haven't got kids of my own so one of our parental renegades here may need to make the first move?
                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-01-15, 01:26.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Stupidly funny

Top 7 Panda Cheese Commercials - In this collection of commercials for Panda Cheese — a product of Egypt — people who say no to Panda Cheese learn that the d...
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

They should have made the character a gay cripple genius then he would have been a cert

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                Thought you were a bit more level headed m8.
                                                                If he did it he should just man the fuck up and make a statement.
                                                                Making her father stand up in court and say the things he had to say is a special level of cruelty.

You have the right attitude on the Godparenting thing, just make sure you send them a present every year, forever.

Comment

You're right. I considered backing him but then realised that there was no 'buzz' and lol oscars.

Fml regarding presents, I'll buy him a bag of cans each year.
                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-01-15, 01:57.

Comment

That lovely moment when your cousin tells you she has sensitive skin and hands you a mountain of lancome products worth a small fortune she got for xmas....
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Speaking of which, I just watched Locke, and Tom Hardy was excellent. Loved how you could feel all the pain and emotion he was going through.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                        That lovely moment when your cousin tells you she has sensitive skin and hands you a mountain of lancome products worth a small fortune she got for xmas....
                                                                        Haven't had that one. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                          I considered backing him but then realised that there was no 'buzz' and lol oscars.
                                                                          I had him backed at 33/1 with Ladbrokes ffs. Thought the price was too good to turn down!

Comment

UFC main event is on now.

GUS

Comment

The sad time when you approach the last few episodes of a great TV series.

Is there anything comparable?

Comment

Ugh.

Comment

Knew Rumble Johnson was for real when he KO'd Tommy Speer after he came off a good run on The Ultimate Fighter years ago. Nice to see it finally happening for him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                    Knew Rumble Johnson was for real when he KO'd Tommy Speer after he came off a good run on The Ultimate Fighter years ago. Nice to see it finally happening for him.
                                                                                    Blessed though. He won't do what Gus can -v- Jones.

Im sick.

Comment

Bradford win 4-2 at the Bridge and Rumble slaps Gus silly.

lol

I'll wake up soon.

Comment

Blessed though. He won't do what Gus can -v- Jones.

Im sick.
                                                                                        How so?

Comment

Not even getting into it.

Today did not happen.

Read as, pussying out.

Comment

Not even getting into it.

Today did not happen.

Read as, pussying out.
                                                                                            vaguebook.com

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                              your mans after frying me chicken and theres no need for it
                                                                                              wot u on bout dave

Comment

Just watched Citizenfour. It's certainly the best thing I've watched around all the whistleblowing stuff. In many ways it is incredible just by sheer virtue of the kind of access it gives us as a vouyeur to the unfolding events. I can't think of another political event on anywhere near a similar kind of scale which has been captured in real time with such intimate access for posterity. It raises all sorts of interesting questions in your head. The bits in the hotel really capture the paranoia, dread and size of what they're doing. When he drops his guard Snowden comes across far more aware of his image than he likes to let on and certainly I felt he may have wanted the noterity despite his best efforts to claim completely the opposite.

SPOILER
                                                                                                The bit with the green umbrella, it is stuff like that which made me question his character slightly.

I was fully on the paranoia bangwagon when the fire alarm starts going off.

Opr

Comment

you can bring a horse to water....

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
                                                                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 25-01-15, 06:14. Reason: cannot embed gifv
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"Taoiseach, would you please consider re-appointing Valerie O'Reilly to the board of the NTA. A woman, bright, intelligent and not bad looking either! Michael Lowry," Mr Lowry's note said.

Former Fine Gael minister and Independent TD Michael Lowry lobbied Taoiseach Enda Kenny to have his female former press advisor reappointed to a State board, the Sunday Independent can reveal.

Comment

Have the new crowd taken over running the lottery yet?

If they have then they are already creaming it. The new TV show, apart from being a cringe fest only has 3 contestants and they seem to be giving out a lot less all round. Chance to win a million on the pyramid alright but I wonder what the actual odds of getting it are.

Also they are very slow in rolling out the checking machines in shops and the mobile site is down the last two months. I'd say a lot of tickets with small amounts of wins are being discarded. Then you have that awkward moment where you check your ticket at the counter and he tells you there is nothing on it and he goes to throw it in the bin but you ask for it back just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                        Have the new crowd taken over running the lottery yet?

If they have then they are already creaming it. The new TV show, apart from being a cringe fest only has 3 contestants and they seem to be giving out a lot less all round. Chance to win a million on the pyramid alright but I wonder what the actual odds of getting it are.

Also they are very slow in rolling out the checking machines in shops and the mobile site is down the last two months. I'd say a lot of tickets with small amounts of wins are being discarded. Then you have that awkward moment where you check your ticket at the counter and he tells you there is nothing on it and he goes to throw it in the bin but you ask for it back just in case.
                                                                                                        RTE and the National Lottery have defended their new TV gameshow, following criticism from viewers that the games were too complicated and the prize money "stingy".

"The odds of winning €1m are 1:17, which is many times better than any other TV gameshow ever offered by the National Lottery," the spokesperson said. "The odds are, to the best of our knowledge, the best TV gameshow odds in the world of winning a million."
                                                                                                        Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Prepare to have your mind blown.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Christmas day was a month ago.

Thats mad Ted.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Seems like a pretty good book!

Comment

Leinster home to Glasgow if the fulltime whistles blew now. What a spawny outcome that would be.

Comment

Speaking of which, I just watched Locke, and Tom Hardy was excellent. Loved how you could feel all the pain and emotion he was going through.
                                                                                                                Fucking cement.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Leinster 4th best team in europe? And only warming up??? Lol.

A good semi draw and a good 6ns period and anything could happen.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    Leinster 4th best team in europe? And only warming up??? Lol.

A good semi draw and a good 6ns period and anything could happen.
                                                                                                                    Huge gap between us and Toulon. But yes, onwards. Poxed by the draw all the way so far (unlike Ulster or Munster).
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

just heard that Conor murray neck injury is a lot worse than has been released and its very serious with a good chance of ending his career. Whatever way the disk is he will pretty much severe his spinal cord in a heavy collision which is fine in day to day life but a guarantee in rugby.

Has anyone else heard anything on it? I would rate the source as reliable but he is not murray spinal surgeon so who knows. He also recons that sexton has pretty serious damage and the last conclusion was a bleed and he will now get knocked out by pretty much anything for the rest of his career and might not make it back.

Fucker really messing with my Sunday

Comment

The English changes to the competition have worked. Having games 3 & 4 a week earlier have really hurt the pro 12 teams IMO. BUT at the highest level the English teams are too predictable. 4 teams in the quarters none in the semis is my prediction.

Munster or Glasgow or ulster would have offered more in a quarter final situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Huge gap between us and Toulon. But yes, onwards. Poxed by the draw all the way so far (unlike Ulster or Munster).
                                                                                                                          Of course but we've done nothing yet. Huge luck so far but that's life.

Toulon were lucky in their first Heineken cup win IMO but they didn't give a fuck and neither will I if it falls nicely for Leinster.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 25-01-15, 15:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X