This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
    Moving out, repairs in the gaff, excellent camera etc..
    in all seriousness though, and i hope i'm wrong, but i think you've really overpriced them.

360 quid for a 5 yo lcd tv "with a hum" is a tough ask, especially if you want to shift it in a week, and the stand for 70 is optimistic also to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      in all seriousness though, and i hope i'm wrong, but i think you've really overpriced them.

360 quid for a 5 yo lcd tv "with a hum" is a tough ask, especially if you want to shift it in a week, and the stand for 70 is optimistic also to say the least.

You are probably right. I went based on other ads on Adverts and thought I priced them cheaper tbh. In all reality they will end up in the charity shop if no one offers anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
        You are probably right. I went based on other ads on Adverts and thought I priced them cheaper tbh. In all reality they will end up in the charity shop if no one offers anything.
        I thought the same too, I would drop stand to 30 quid and tv to 200. With No Offers set. So many offers on tvs now everywhere.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

This is my locker.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Party at yours

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              That's deadlynths bithey going to Portugal. That's the biggest comp in the world (in terms of entrants). I'm hoping to get done bigger comps soon.
              I think the fact that in doing it also has help encourage my brother. Agree fully that it's s great discipline, especially
              Jesus Christ, what's the auto correct at there?
              Yeah I had to google "deadlynths bithey", in fairness though google did find one result

SPOILER
              [IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by gorrrr72; 21-01-15, 14:57. Reason: spelling :-(

Comment

Bring
                Your
                Own
                Cats

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                  Yeah I had to google "deadlynths bithey", in fairness though google did fine one result

SPOILER
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  We have created a Googlewhack, I'm proud.

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                  Bring
                  Your
                  Own
                  Cats
                  There is an alley cat I have an eye on, cool.

Comment

Anyone done the maths on the best value health insurance available for 2 adults & two children? (Adults 36 & kids 7,6)
                    twitter
                    moneybookers

Comment

Need a Wanted, Buy and Sell thread me thinks?

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                        Anyone done the maths on the best value health insurance available for 2 adults & two children? (Adults 36 & kids 7,6)
                        I believe that the group discounts created for various groups, whether companies or public sector workers (nurse package, gardai, teachers, etc) can be obtained by anybody.
                        Open to correction.
                        So google the various discount packages available and call up and ask for one of them.

Comment

Please understand... it was all business. It wasn't personal.

It was personal to me.

Paging Hotspur

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                            The HIA has a full list of all plans of all health insurers... and yes, you can ask for any of the plans - even the corporate ones.

Comparing plans is pretty confusing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post

It was personal to me.

Paging Hotspur
                              I'm not sure what your beef is but I'm siding with hotspur.

Comment

I'm not sure what your beef is but I'm siding with hotspur.
                                We are who we chose to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post

It was personal to me.

Paging Hotspur
                                  Stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    Stop embarrassing yourself.
                                    Sense you are not making

Comment

There's talk of Khabib Nurmagomedov v Cowboy Cerrone as the co-main to McGregor v Aldo
                                      I see they agreed to it on Twitter. Khabib will beat him though.

Comment

Werewolf 43.

This will be the greatest game of Werewolf ever. Likely ruined by its amateur participants but good fun all the same. There will be ads and twists. Lol's to beat the band.

Get your names in.

Comment

Loid m8 you are playing WW yeah.

Not asking, telling. You are needed. Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            Loid m8 you are playing WW yeah.

Not asking, telling. You are needed. Ta.
                                            I agree with CHD. Lloyd's data-driven approach will be an invaluable asset to the organisation.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's National Hug Day (where National = America, apparently foreigners are too busy hating freedom to hug).

Comment

what an amazing story! Looking forward to the movie

A Hollywood film will now be made about Saroo's incredible adventure as hisstory hits the big screen
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

How the fuck did he not know the name of the place he lived?

Comment

How the fuck did he not know the name of the place he lived?
                                                    he was only 5, highly unlikely he would

plus with trauma it could have been blocked out
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                      A second $1m Spin & Go was won on Stars yesterday. Someone uploaded the video. Dunno what's more tilting, the idiot who won it's play or the bet sizings and pot size being counted in BBs. The other players certainly have the right to feel aggrieved anyway..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBu_jTfTaQ
                                                      I had my doubts about that one tbh, but it was confirmed. I wonder did the donk even know he was playing for $1m. Didn't realise the other 2 guys got $100k each too. Takes a bit of the sting out of it!

Players 'sss66666', 'Tornádo111' and 'anushan_2323' have all become millionaires in a matter of minutes after winning $1 million Spin & Go's. Second and third place finishers in each $1 Million Spin & Go also won $100,000, and you could be the next big winner!

Comment

Anyone here watch Peaky Blinders? Had it recommended to me by a lot of my friends. Gave season 1 a go and it just seems so flat. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          he was only 5, highly unlikely he would

plus with trauma it could have been blocked out
                                                          I would have thought a five year old would know the name of the town/region they are from?
                                                          Calling all you old parents here to back me up.

Comment

Has GAB enlightened with any of his antepost selections for Cheltenham this year? Don't want to follow anyone else's tips!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                              Anyone here watch Peaky Blinders? Had it recommended to me by a lot of my friends. Gave season 1 a go and it just seems so flat. What am I missing?
                                                              I am 5 or 6 episodes in. I like it well enough. All of the female characters annoy me and I find it a little 'soapy' but I will prob stick it out.

Comment

I would have thought a five year old would know the name of the town/region they are from?
                                                                Tested this out on a live audience.

8 y\o: knew name of road, neighbourhood. Did not know house number although may have been trying to annoy me.

6 y\o: "Dublin".

3 y\o: " I live in my house".

So no, probably not.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Its only okay. Not bad but not great

Comment

Werewolf entries close at 10pm. Sign yourselves up.

Comment

Excellent blog post by Zuubro that nails the tactics that the gobshites will be using in the forthcoming debate

Also on the same subject this is probably more bad data science but it makes a pretty picture

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah but be different if he was living there like up to 10/11yrs old. He's only starting to understand things like the name of his Road at 4/5 yrs old and then he is gone, so it's not drummed into his head longer. Plus they were very poor doubt their address came up in convos much like hey little fella we live in no 2 ivy house, now don't you forget that boy.. Or I doubt like my kids he was in the habit of hearing his mother call for a takeaway while shouting down the phone yes forest park, out the dublin Road.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Hardly a surprise is it? Iona basically exist to oppose same sex marriage.

Comment

I lost interest during season 1 but I'm told that Season 2 is very much better so I mighty give it another spin.

Looking forward to Wolf Hall starting on BBC2 tonight, it can't possibly live up to the books but it should be quality.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Alpha House was a good tip sp

Horrifically partisan obv. but funny
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                wtf is wrong with my clothes dryer, sounds like this

Also can it be used until I fix it?
                                                                                Of course I get a guy out and everything works fine.
                                                                                At least he told me some great stuff about guns and pakistan. I love how they fire ak's into the air at weddings and the bullets come down and hurt people. Or how they all bring guns on them everywhere.

Comment

I was taught from a young age to be able to say where I lived and also my home phone number. Might not have said perfect but if I got lost they would have got me home.

I taught my kids their address too and the little one can say most of the home address which is considerably longer than mine was as a kid.

1 Manor road, Foxbar, Paisley. Was dead easy Althoug I said Moxbar!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                    I was taught from a young age to be able to say where I lived and also my home phone number. Might not have said perfect but if I got lost they would have got me home.

I taught my kids their address too and the little one can say most of the home address which is considerably longer than mine was as a kid.

in all fairness Gillian how do you expect a child to remember :
                                                                                    Amani Bellandur
                                                                                    Varthur Bobli
                                                                                    Bangalore
                                                                                    India
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Amani Bellandur
                                                                                      Varthur Bobli
                                                                                      Bangalore
                                                                                      India
                                                                                      A child from Laois will be challenged for sure, a child from Bangalore will have a better chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

But sure when you were young your phone number was probably 12...
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm guessing it's not common practise (or necessary) for rural Indian parents to have their child memorise their home address.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

For the probably very few fans left Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder are back for a final season today

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Excellent blog post by Zuubro that nails the tactics that the gobshites will be using in the forthcoming debate
                                                                                              Bock's latest is good too.

Iona recruits the Brady Bunch

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                But sure when you were young your phone number was probably 12...
                                                                                                It was 5955 lol. The old brediland exchange meant we only needed to dial the last four digits. Nowadays it would be 01505 815955.

Comment

Mammy AJ has the most basic UPC TV package, but isn't happy at ~€300 per year payment. Can't really blame her.

Can anyone explain Saorview to me? Or a link to somewhere that explains it at basic level.
                                                                                                  As I understand it you get the bare 6 irish channels with a basic Saorview Box.
                                                                                                  How do you go about getting more channels (to simplify it I'm going to call a total no-no on any type of satellite dish) - Some sort of combi box seems as if it might be the thing. What stations come in (for foreign stations BBC1/2, C4, an ITV region and a news channel are all thats definitely needed). Cost (initial and recurring)? Ideally something that can be used on one remote, if swapping from BBC1 to RTE1 is anymore complicated than 1 button then its impossible.
                                                                                                  Stuff like pause/rewind/record/7dayGuides etc, definitely not required.

Comment

@ Gordon, I got another mail from my Cuban coke friend, what's this all about?

Seems the dude he's conversing with is called Lazaro and has one digit different in his email addy.

Hola nene como va padando este dia. Dime como se porto el niño en la guarderia y como esta del trabajo. Ayer me llamo nelida y convetso mucho con migoy diciendome como es el clima y q alli es donde tienen trabajo q ella fue para alli pues fue donde unico la apadrinaron si no estuvieran en otra parte ya sabes. Ke dije dime de mi nene y me conto como sabe dice q es un muñecon.
                                                                                                    Bueno gracias a dios q roibel le quito la tarjeta al celular y lo reinicio y quedo bueno gracias a dios ahora quiero q grettel la de gustavo me le cambie la linea por miedo a q se desconfigure el nauta.
                                                                                                    Tu papa esta loco de felicidad hoy iba a ponerle ek nauta. Dice eisy q le dijo raudel q le daba lastima con el tata q parecia un niño y q franco le dijo pero ese telefono es cara caro ya tu sabes. Te acuerdas cuando alejandro te dio el primeto como te puciste pues tu papa esta peor jji. Yo estoy contenta pero a mi solo me interesa para correo y le dije q no queria q me lo tadtiara por nada de este mundo.
                                                                                                    Dice eisy q con la ropa q me mando merlin q bote lad q tengo q voy a parecer una española ya les mandate fotos con ropa linda y buena. Tuve q esperar q crecieras se fuetan y q merlin q sabe bien mis gustos me mandaro lo q pense q nunca iba a tener.
                                                                                                    Bueno contesta mira como esta el tata q no quiere q le toque ni su puntero
                                                                                                    Y tu abuela me dio lastima llorando por sus zapaticos y le dije tu verad q merlin cuando venga te va a traer cositas bonitas.
                                                                                                    Bueno mi amor contesta

Enviado desde mi móvil LG

lazaro alejandro <lazalexxx@xxx.com> escribió:

Mira vieja lo que le mande a la.loca

Mira nelita, mi mamá me mando un correo que tu le mandaste, donde le dices
                                                                                                    que ni Merlín ni yo nos hacemos cargo del niño,yo no se en verdad que ganas
                                                                                                    con mortificar a los demás y mucho menos con mentiras.Además cuál es la
                                                                                                    preocupación tan grande con el niño ,si no has sido capas de mandar un
                                                                                                    correo para acá preguntando por el, t sabes que tenía catarro y fiebre
                                                                                                    antes de irte.Yo quisiera saber te pregunto quien ha criado al niño hasta
                                                                                                    ahora, me parece que no has sido tu, ni tan siquiera para llevarlo al
                                                                                                    médico, con eso te digo que para cuestionarnos a Merlín y a mi como padres,
                                                                                                    primero te mires tu

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      @ Gordon, I got another mail from my Cuban coke friend, what's this all about?

Seems the dude he's conversing with is called Lazaro and has one digit different in his email addy.
                                                                                                      I asked the missus to translate, and the gist of it (with a lot of spelling mistakes apparently) is that Alejandro is pissed off at his aunt or something who basically insinuated to his mother that he and his partner are bad parents. His mother forwarded the mail to him and he went back to the other relation saying how dare they accuse them of being a bad parent.

Something like that anyhow. Not happy families anyhow, and sadly no drug talk.

Comment

Sign me up for more will hall . haven't read the books

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          I asked the missus to translate, and the gist of it (with a lot of spelling mistakes apparently) is that Alejandro is pissed off at his aunt or something who basically insinuated to his mother that he and his partner are bad parents. His mother forwarded the mail to him and he went back to the other relation saying how dare they accuse them of being a bad parent.

Something like that anyhow. Not happy families anyhow, and sadly no drug talk.
                                                                                                          Maybe he was giving the kids a bit of yayo

Comment

Captures the new Staccato (& bolloxology) very well

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Got home this morning from a great few days. Vegas in May is very soon financially with weekends away planned, summer holidays and possibly another year abroad next year. But def gonna try make it over.

Met Forest Griffen at the weigh in and Dana White at the actual event. Both were very decent and more than happy to pose for a photo. Our seats for the UFC were unreal, 10 rows back middle center on the side were Conor jumped the cage. Good times....

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Sign me up for more will hall . haven't read the books
                                                                                                                I think you can sign up through his website
                                                                                                                Counseling, Consulting, and Training

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  Tested this out on a live audience.

8 y\o: knew name of road, neighbourhood. Did not know house number although may have been trying to annoy me.

6 y\o: "Dublin".

3 y\o: " I live in my house".

So no, probably not.
                                                                                                                  Yeah but be different if he was living there like up to 10/11yrs old. He's only starting to understand things like the name of his Road at 4/5 yrs old and then he is gone, so it's not drummed into his head longer. Plus they were very poor doubt their address came up in convos much like hey little fella we live in no 2 ivy house, now don't you forget that boy.. Or I doubt like my kids he was in the habit of hearing his mother call for a takeaway while shouting down the phone yes forest park, out the dublin Road.
                                                                                                                  Amani Bellandur
                                                                                                                  Varthur Bobli
                                                                                                                  Bangalore
                                                                                                                  India

I said region, not full address. Raoul's six year old nailed it. I guess there are bigger issues even if a kid in India does know the region/city he is from and goes missing.

Comment

I said region, not full address. Raoul's six year old nailed it. I guess there are bigger issues even if a kid in India does know the region/city he is from and goes missing.
                                                                                                                    Kind stranger: Here, have some rice, you must be starving.
                                                                                                                    Boy: Thank you sir, yes I am.
                                                                                                                    KS: Do you know where you home is?
                                                                                                                    Boy: Chomp chomp, I'm fucked if I know sir, chomp chomp.
                                                                                                                    KS: You better stay here so.
                                                                                                                    Boy: Eh, if you say so kind sir, chomp chomp chomp. I'll eh, keep trying to remember the name of my gaff, chomp chomp chomp.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                      Kind stranger: Here, have some rice, you must be starving.
                                                                                                                      Boy: Thank you sir, yes I am.
                                                                                                                      KS: Do you know where you home is?
                                                                                                                      Boy: Chomp chomp, I'm fucked if I know sir, chomp chomp.
                                                                                                                      KS: You better stay here so.
                                                                                                                      Boy: Eh, if you say so kind sir, chomp chomp chomp. I'll eh, keep trying to remember the name of my gaff, chomp chomp chomp.
                                                                                                                      Ignoring the 1,000 mile train journey where he just chilled out and hung on to the back of the train without a bother oh him. Look, this five year old, he saw a chance to bail and he took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        We have created a Googlewhack, I'm proud.
                                                                                                                        BBV milestone for sure

Comment

My foray in offal continues.
                                                                                                                          So far I've tried chicken livers, ox heart, Beef cheek, lambs kidney (Bull & Castle). (I've had other previously, but this is all I've had recently)

Next up is Lamb Hearts tonight. Not sure what to do with these

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X