Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do people see as acceptable timeframes to (a) schedule business travel or (b) cancelling same? Feeling like a yo-yo.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      Watched this today for those who have belief in me , it was good

Kept thinking of RD111 throughout the movie lol

notice how I didnt say OMG it was unreal
      Disturbing, on many levels.

Comment

Great game, unlucky to not have won
        airport, lol

Comment

Excellent cup tie there, Liverpool unlucky not to have won. It'll be tough now to progress but if they can play like that again who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Excellent cup tie there, Liverpool unlucky not to have won. It'll be tough now to progress but if they can play like that again who knows.
            Bring some of that to the league hopefully
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              Great game, unlucky to not have won
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                What do people see as acceptable timeframes to (a) schedule business travel or (b) cancelling same? Feeling like a yo-yo.
                That really depends on your lifestyle situation and job spec. I had to travel to Moscow for a 4 days last year with only a weeks notice with a week was the shortest period of time it took to get a travel visa sorted. I have had other overnight/day trips to London etc where I have had less than 24 hours notice.

I would say that traveling to see clients (who are invariably overseas) can be a big part of my job at certain times of the year however and therefore expected although usually with a minimum of 2 weeks notice.

Comment

We are supposed to have it booked 20 days in advance or need specific sign off from dept. head (which is never an issue )

Comment

Prob the best we played all year, considering the opp.

Reckon Hazard will join a big club this summer

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      This is an interesting critique of American Sniper, and 'Murica in general.

We got Iraq wrong in the real world. It would be nice to get it right at the multiplex.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Quite enjoyed American Sniper must say, films don't have to be historically acurate. I also now hate Arabs, not sure why tho

Comment

Everyone he killed was an enemy, and willing to kill as many yanks as possible, its not as if he was shooting 2 year old kids for target practice.

Thats what soldiers do, kill people.

Fuckin pinky liberals.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                            Quite enjoyed American Sniper must say, films don't have to be historically acurate. I also now hate Arabs, not sure why tho
                            Seems odd now, but smelly/filthy Arab was one of the most common terms of abuse when I was in Primary school ( 1970's). Might have been something to do with the oil crisis, or more likely from some tv show
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Reaction to American sniper has been like the reaction to zero dark thirty, disconnected critics heaping praise on awful propaganda. Zero dark thirty was a disgrace

Comment

True, doesn't mean their historical inaccuracies aren't dangerous though.

Comment

Heard this referenced to in an episode of 'Hancocks Half Hour' recently

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hadn't heard of it before, though I'm certain I used nigger in 'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe', and found it strange when they started using Tiger on the BBC.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I didn't particularly like it at all. Overrated and underwhelming with no likeable characters. Watched Birdman and A Most Violent Year last night too, and thought A Most Violent Year was very poor too, with the most misleading film title of all time. I enjoyed Birdman though.

Speaking of which..

SPOILER
                                    Is the general consensus that he killed himself on stage, and the hospital bit was just something he constructed in his mind, because not much of it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Jesus this is a mindnumbingly bad graph.

Similar trends available for almost every word in the English Language.

I'm not sure you are right about that.
                                      the graph comes from Kieran Healy's blog and even though he is some sort of a sociologist I'd expect him to have taken volume of films produced into account.

Anyway were there not more films produced in the golden age of Hollywood than nowadays?

HEre is the post it comes from

Update, January 22nd: Now with plots standardized per thousand films released that year. It’s time for another episode of Data Analysis on the Bus. This one follows from an exchange on Twitter, prompted by the coverage of American Sniper about the tendency to use the word “American” in film titles, especially when you want things to sound terribly serious. This led to a bit of freewheeling and it has to be said perhaps tendentious cultural theorizing on my part.
                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-01-15, 23:02.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        Went to Wild today and quite enjoyed it.

SPOILER
                                        I think people would it enjoy it a lot more as a feel good movie if at the very start in big bold letters we are told...

SPOILER
                                        AT NO TIME WILL SHE GET RAPED

This thought was hanging over me throughout the whole film and made me feel very uncomfortable being a man.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

watching 'Walking the Nile' on 4OD

really interesting and shows how dangerous and crazy Africa is and not just the animals

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            Speaking of which..

SPOILER
                                            Is the general consensus that he killed himself on stage, and the hospital bit was just something he constructed in his mind, because not much of it makes sense.
                                            SPOILER
                                            I was just very confused with it. I mean whole film. What was the story with the levitating/flying/telekenisis bit?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              I was just very confused with it. I mean whole film. What was the story with the levitating/flying/telekenisis bit?
                                              SPOILER
                                              I think it's all in his mind and was sort of show in a couple of spots in the film.

1) Where he's making things fly around the room, but when someone walks in, you can see him throwing things

2) When he flies to the cinema, the taxi man runs after him looking to get paid, so he never flew their in the first place.

Comment

that was actually a good night. Kayroo broke GAB in cash game props iirc
                                                The only money I made that night. The man single-handedly kept me in profit
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

This new show /mini series is absolutely excellent.
                                                  Ye can't watch this and come back and say it's shite becuase it's not.

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    Hola unblocker. Can pick whatever country you want.
                                                    Cheers Oscar, that worked. Won't cast to the chromecast though.
                                                    Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    I've the same problem with hold unblocker on my android phone. Is netflix will not work. Doesn't work with chromecast at all
                                                    Yeah, US vids show up an error, googled it, it's something to do with chromecast using a different dns than your phone, so even though your phone is overriding, your chromecast isn't, so it still blocks content.

You need to change settings on your router, I've no fucking clue how to though, it's all Japanese to me.

One thing you can do though is cast your screen from the chromecast app and open Netflix, pic not as good though.

Comment

Five thoughs in that post.

Could've been more though.

Comment

The Price is Right.....Bitch!

Meth. It's a helluva drug!

If Aaron had been on the Price is Right, *after* he became famous on Breaking Bad. Bitch.

Comment

I wonder does Hotspur have me on ignore, his day of reckoning is approaching

Comment

nsfw

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Five thoughs in that post.

Could've been more though.
                                                              Di Do Though Though Di Though Di Do Though Though. 5 was plenty.
                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                Dodi didn't die with Di did he?

Comment

...you know too much...
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                    Some of the comments at the bottom are good

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      The Official Music Video for De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. Taken from The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta.Stream more of The Police: https://thepolice.lnk.to/ListenID...

Comment

Ah the pub, told a girl to not be so dramatic...

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                          I wonder does Hotspur have me on ignore, his day of reckoning is approaching
                                                                          I feel like I am the only one following this. I expect a big thanks filled post at the end.

I must have missed why Richard ''looks like Kim Huybrechts'' Finkel is on the war path.

Link?

Comment

Just logged into full tilt and there are tourneys paused for like 7/8 hours with everyone having starting stack. Did the site go down completely or something? Can't find anything on their facebook or twitter
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                              Just logged into full tilt and there are tourneys paused for like 7/8 hours with everyone having starting stack. Did the site go down completely or something? Can't find anything on their facebook or twitter
                                                                              Better off posting on a poker forum m8.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                Better off posting on a poker forum m8.
                                                                                True dat. Looked on 2+2 and found it in 30 seconds. You coming to Vegas m8? €562 return flights and ya can crash in me spare bed.
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  True dat. Looked on 2+2 and found it in 30 seconds. You coming to Vegas m8? €562 return flights and ya can crash in me spare bed.
                                                                                  God no. I struggle to do the 60 mins to London on a plane and in my current state I can't suffer a flight. Will not do Vegas til I have a lot of money to blow. Vegas is apparently terrible for fight cards too. Most importantly, Vegas would ruin me.

Comment

God no. I struggle to do the 60 mins to London on a plane and in my current state I can't suffer a flight. Will not do Vegas til I have a lot of money to blow. Vegas is apparently terrible for fight cards too. Most importantly, Vegas would ruin me.
                                                                                    There's talk of Khabib Nurmagomedov v Cowboy Cerrone as the co-main to McGregor v Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      I know you didn't do that, but don't ever do that. Domesticated cats are almost incapable of surviving in the wild.
                                                                                      Tongue in cheek
                                                                                      Never a question of leaving her behind, she was a stray who came to our door when she wasn't yet an adult. After a few weeks of feeding her and her coming every day and eventually spending the night I guess she adopted us.

Before that we had adopted another stray but one day she stopped coming back, I would like to think that she found another home.

A couple of weeks before we moved here we found a very young kitten cowering by the side of the road. We would have kept that one but our tickets were booked and there wasn't enough time for microchips, shots etc. We found it a good home though and know it's doing well through a friend of ours.

Back in May this year, we found a kitten stuck down a hole on some wasteground. We heard it crying in the dark and came back with torches. He was about 4 weeks old. We rescued him and now he is bigger than our first cat. He's from a feral mother I'm guessing but he's a good cat.

A couple of weeks ago we found an injured cat on the road, we took it to the vet and it unfortunately couldn't be saved.
                                                                                      We wouldn't leave an animal in obvious distress and wouldn't leave one to fend for itself either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        Some of the young talent coming up, especially in that gym, is impressive. I was out there over xmas. Small bit of training, and my little brother (he's 14) came along and signed up. I just telling him how lucky he is to get started young. Your friends kids are probably pretty advanced at this stage. Putting in the work from 10 and you'd easily be a brown belt grappler when still a teenager.

Fair play to all the guys for getting there, regardless of the results. There's nothing that can't be worked on.
                                                                                        I am not sure of the belts but the younger lad won a Silver in London recently, he is in the second last photo here holding a red t-shirt: http://www.sbgireland.com/

I think he is fighting in Portugal this week.

I was doing kenpo for a couple of years but I didn't stick at it after the instructor moved on. I wish I had. Hopefully your bro loves it, I think it's a great discipline to be involved in.

Comment

I feel like I am the only one following this. I expect a big thanks filled post at the end.

I must have missed why Richard ''looks like Kim Huybrechts'' Finkel is on the war path.

Link?
                                                                                          He fucked with the wrong marine

Comment

Has the new name grown on you yet?

Comment

Did you ever pull a stunt like this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Has the new name grown on you yet?
                                                                                                It's doesn't bother me when I don't have to see him fist pumping 44 scores. The PL will be a test

Comment

Did you ever pull a stunt like this guy?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...rash-1.2071589
                                                                                                  No, many scams but not that bad, sounds a bit ropey, how has it not been thrown out before now

Comment

I don’t have IMDB’s annual data on total films released so I’m sorry to say, Reviewer C, that these numbers aren’t standardized. Why are you peer reviewing a blog post like this in the first place?
                                                                                                    It's just not a very meaningful graph at all. Also whinging about being called up on 'bad science' is pretty weird no?
                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 21-01-15, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                      I am not sure of the belts but the younger lad won a Silver in London recently, he is in the second last photo here holding a red t-shirt: http://www.sbgireland.com/

I think he is fighting in Portugal this week.

I was doing kenpo for a couple of years but I didn't stick at it after the instructor moved on. I wish I had. Hopefully your bro loves it, I think it's a great discipline to be involved in.
                                                                                                      That's deadlynths bithey going to Portugal. That's the biggest comp in the world (in terms of entrants). I'm hoping to get done bigger comps soon.
                                                                                                      I think the fact that in doing it also has help encourage my brother. Agree fully that it's s great discipline, especially

Comment

Werewolf signup reminder:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jesus Christ, what's the auto correct at there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            Jesus Christ, what's the auto correct at there?
                                                                                                            Reads like you put it through an 'English to Nigerian Scammer' translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              Was in Chapter One last night, it was mad busy with plenty of seemingly very large expense account being put to the test. It seems there is an aviation leasing conference on in Dublin at the minute and most of them were in there last night. At the end of the night I told Ed he was the greatest charlatan working in the Irish restaurant business. In fairness he stopped to chat and said "you look different, is the beard a new addition?", so his stock went up a little. Happy to report I didn't find anybody half dead in the gents.
                                                                                                              Actually heading there myself tomorrow night, haven't been since my 2nd tilt at the Chef's Table about a year ago. Can't wait.

Comment

More stuff to get rid of if anyone is interested. TV and TV Stand

Comment

Veteran actor treated on stage in front of the audience at Holy Trinity Church in Guildford, before returning to finish his role in Shakespearean tragedy

Wp Lloyd

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

http://www.adverts.ie/7249138
                                                                                                                    is the dust free with the stand or are you keeping it?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

http://www.adverts.ie/7249138
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      is the dust free with the stand or are you keeping it?
                                                                                                                      ah jaysus, why didnt ya rub it down before posting on Adverts lol

Please say the house has been unoccupied for the last 10 years
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Moving out, repairs in the gaff, excellent camera etc..

Comment

Anyone get the chance to watch this yet. Two episodes out so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy5IMc_oRu8
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X