This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Oh dear lord. I've just pulled out of that particular gig due to potential reputational damage (and a realisation that research is far more +ev in the medium term). Surely they should ask for permission before putting me on a leaflet.
    You'd think so. Fwiw I don't know how they got my contact details, I've never contacted them before.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          For people using xbmc, any advice on best skin and best add ons?
          I just used the latest Gotham (depends on your hardware, if you're using something like a raspberry pi you want one of the lighter skins). Don't use add-ons much, have 1channel, projectfreetv, Irish tv, sportsdevil, xsqueeze. You can get ones for monitoring your uttorrent/sickbeard/couchpotato downloads if you use any of those. You're best bet is to add fusion or one of the other large repositories and have a look at what's available.
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-07-14, 22:15.

Comment

Default confluence works best. Best addons are Mashup, 1channel, GOtv, Gomovies, Cliq. Some people say Icefilms but it was never reliable for me. Mashup isnt so much an addon but a repository of a world of addons/genres. You need to get this through superrepo but dont download anything else from superrepo. Its not in fusion so you have to install it as a standalone. Just google and install from zip via usb het Mashup and uninstall superrepo.
            xbmchub.com has instructional videos and a decent forum. They wont discuss superrepo as theres no affiliation and they claim SR addons has google analytics etc.

Comment

Opr

Comment

Was it addressed to you? They've connections to a few other colleges through people who work for them, so wouldn't put it past them to have robbed their databases. Was teaching ACCA F9 with them.

Am instead going to be spending my evenings (well two of them a week) from September in Alliance Francaise getting a cert of French language competence. Going all-in on a decent French job by end of next academic year.
                Presume so, was given to me with my other post in work.

Comment

Went to see Boyhood tonight, really good film and interesting how they put it together. Think as Rigger mentioned the the end seemed to drag for me a little. Every time Ethan Hawke was in a scene it was fantastic and Linklater got a couple of his long walk and talks in which are always welcome.

Also saw the trailer for The Rover with Guy Pearce having heard nought about it, will be going to see that.

SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/A24subscribeFear the man with nothing left to lose. -- Now available on iTunes, Amazon, and DVD/Blu-Ray! (Links below)RELEASE DATE: ...

Comment

So, Da went and died this evening.

Went for his usual few Wednesday pints down the Yellow House, left at the usual time at 6.15. Collapsed of a suspected heart attack at 6.20, not sure if he was getting on the bus, or waiting for it. Not pronounced dead 'till 7.20, though I'd imagine that's just procedure.

Not the worst way to go, though it's been some shitty 20 months by most standards.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sorry for your loss cc.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                          Hi

hows everyone. just back from a boring two days in Derry visiting he Inlaws. fucking hate having to mind my Ps&Qs around them. Its like I turn into a posh person when I cross the border. So hard not being myself lol
                          Tell them to fuck off. And if they don't like that, fuck them if they can't take a joke.

The brother was saying there's a guy he works with has had a spar chicken baguette for lunch every workday for the last 10 years. He's probably not as happy.
                          10k+ on chicken fillet roles. If I got the same thing every day, it'd be hard not to have that figure bouncing round my head.

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                          Always loved that video but it's as old as the internet, bit weird to see it on vine.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                              So, Da went and died this evening.

Went for his usual few Wednesday pints down the Yellow House, left at the usual time at 6.15. Collapsed of a suspected heart attack at 6.20, not sure if he was getting on the bus, or waiting for it. Not pronounced dead 'till 7.20, though I'd imagine that's just procedure.

Not the worst way to go, though it's been some shitty 20 months by most standards.
                              Really sorry to hear that, the last few years have not been kind. Condolences.

Comment

Clay Pigeons by Blaze Foley. What a song!I got this mp3 from waddellhollowrecords.com via free download.

Comment

Gus out of UFC 178!!!

DC gets the title shot vs Jones.
                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                    Gus out of UFC 178!!!

DC gets the title shot vs Jones.
                                    Fuck fuck fuck and yes yes yes.

Comment

Man thats a big shame for Gus but also really want to see DC fight Jones so echo what CHD said!

Comment

What are the comedy clips with the donkey and there's a tortoise i think as well, some Irish fella created them???

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                          What are the comedy clips with the donkey and there's a tortoise i think as well, some Irish fella created them???
                                          Young lad from Cork, Search for Sminky Animation or Sminky Shorts on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                            Man thats a big shame for Gus but also really want to see DC fight Jones so echo what CHD said!
                                            So good and bad at the same time.

Still prefer to see Gus fight, Hendricks got redemption and was so sure Gus would too. I'm a anybody but Jones kinda fan though so all aboard the DC train.

Also, Gus v Jones was the greatest battle I have ever watched in any discipline of combat.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                              Just ordered the Cloud one, 'tis class.
                                              might get the broadsword one just for old time sake.

speaking of FF7 if anyone really wants to see it this guy does speed runs regularly enough - think hes the world record holder but im not sure

http://www.twitch.tv/carnage64

Comment

Ugh, can't wait til he is beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                  Are you on about riggers 20 quid. Meh might pay him tonight. I really wanted to sent him this gift I have for him

Actually no I'm saving up for losing FF bets
                                                  I'm on Walter's side here anyway. This 'gift' sounds like it could have potential, and who'd want a possible good story to be ruined for the sake of 20 quid?

If gift doesn't deliver, amount should be upped to 40 though imo

The brother was saying there's a guy he works with has had a spar chicken baguette for lunch every workday for the last 10 years. He's probably not as happy.
                                                  I'd say I've definitely had 1000+ hot chicken rolls from Irish delis. Possibly over 1500. I'd probably take the unders on 2000 though.
                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Walter Welcher will probably eat the 20 note, shit it out and post it.

The gift has no potential.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      Walter Welcher will probably eat the 20 note, shit it out and post it.

The gift has no potential.
                                                      Speaking of shitting things out, what did you have for tea?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                        Speaking of shitting things out, what did you have for tea?
                                                        Steak on a posh form of bread.

You had brinner. Toast, jam and tea.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          Steak on a posh form of bread.

You had brinner. Toast, jam and tea.
                                                          Still eagerly waiting on 5star's dinner update.

Toast is class tbf.
                                                          What are you off to Wexford for? Steal some bulbs?

Comment

I know they were not playing against much but just watched it and Ander Herrera looks a beast. €7.5m in FF, getting him in.

Also, I just wanted a bit of fun for my 20 bucks, dry cunts. Send me some bank details.

Comment

Er staan veel mensen in de berm langs de snelweg waar de colonne van rouwwagens voorbijkomt.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                Still eagerly waiting on 5star's dinner update.

Toast is class tbf.
                                                                What are you off to Wexford for? Steal some bulbs?
                                                                Yesterday I had a bi of beef pie with veg and gravy. Bit heavy for the weather perhaps, but nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Also saw the trailer for The Rover with Guy Pearce having heard nought about it, will be going to see that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7C95zhu7yA
                                                                  Can't wait for The Rover. Michod's Animal Kingdom was probably the best directorial debut of the last 5 years and definitely one of my favourites of that period.

Comment

Rigx, I think I'd be so intrigued at seeing what gift Finkel has in mind that I'd go for that option rather than a boring Stars transfer.

Comment

Another plane gone missing, wtf is going on.

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

This looks to be quite an interesting addon/plugin to the vbulletin software, a facility to enter your predicted football scores in the upcoming EPL.

Comment

In your face, Larry!

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              I just used the latest Gotham (depends on your hardware, if you're using something like a raspberry pi you want one of the lighter skins). Don't use add-ons much, have 1channel, projectfreetv, Irish tv, sportsdevil, xsqueeze. You can get ones for monitoring your uttorrent/sickbeard/couchpotato downloads if you use any of those. You're best bet is to add fusion or one of the other large repositories and have a look at what's available.
                                                                              Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              Default confluence works best. Best addons are Mashup, 1channel, GOtv, Gomovies, Cliq. Some people say Icefilms but it was never reliable for me. Mashup isnt so much an addon but a repository of a world of addons/genres. You need to get this through superrepo but dont download anything else from superrepo. Its not in fusion so you have to install it as a standalone. Just google and install from zip via usb het Mashup and uninstall superrepo.
                                                                              xbmchub.com has instructional videos and a decent forum. They wont discuss superrepo as theres no affiliation and they claim SR addons has google analytics etc.
                                                                              cheers for that. Have Gotham installed, and confluence on it, but was looking at some of the other skins, and there are so many, i thought i'd ask. Amber looks quite nice also.

re add-ons, any live TV HD streaming sites, especially sports?

finally have half decent internet so might as well make the most of it

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Rigx, I think I'd be so intrigued at seeing what gift Finkel has in mind that I'd go for that option rather than a boring Stars transfer.
                                                                                Large bag o cans would be class
                                                                                48

Comment

Default is fine IMO.
                                                                                  Some addons get weird with different skins
                                                                                  Mash
                                                                                  Icefilms
                                                                                  1channel
                                                                                  SoundCloud
                                                                                  Sportsdevil
                                                                                  1channel are pretty much all u need

Edit. This was answered in much better detail above
                                                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-07-14, 11:14.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sorry for your loss collie.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Jesus DCU is insufferable during the summer between the dressing gown and pirate outfit wearing nerd-camp attendees and mannerless spoilt Italians.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          Jesus DCU is insufferable during the summer between the dressing gown and pirate outfit wearing nerd-camp attendees and mannerless spoilt Italians.
                                                                                          stop repressing their creativity.
                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

That House Price report out today is grim

Comment

Anybody want to join Ben Dunne gym in Santry?

Join Ben Dunne Gyms Northwood, the best value gym in Northwood that gives you free classes, free parking and much more.

€225 for 14 months if I get a second
                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                That House Price report out today is grim
                                                                                                link?

Comment

cheers for that. Have Gotham installed, and confluence on it, but was looking at some of the other skins, and there are so many, i thought i'd ask. Amber looks quite nice also.

I've never really found a reliable source for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    link?

Comment

...

Comment

Mashup, Cliq and Sportsdevil all have free streaming sports but are often unreliable. P2P is another free streaming addon. The best by a distance are paid subscriptions plugins some are closed for signups(smoothstreams) but one i use and like is This. They have a plugin for xbmc and an app for smartphone along with being able to watch it on your pc. Here is a screenshot of the channel list. Its gone up in price recently but with this channel list if you use it youll get your moneys worth.
                                                                                                        They put up popular PPV sports incl boxing and ufc close to off time too.

Despite your improved connection you need to be wired with a network cable for best results imo. Wireless on xbmc is sketchy at times even with a 100mb better connection despite addons only needing approx 3-4MB to perform. If you cant get it wired buy homeplugs in argos or amazon or somewhere as these virtually equate to the same thing.
                                                                                                        Forum thread worth reading before you purchase. In the main its reliable but its being groing steadily and has one of the best developers in the business looking after the plugin side of it.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            I've never really found a reliable source for that.
                                                                                                            I've a guide in cousins for that.
                                                                                                            Also, mashable are starting to do it

Comment

Can't log in on laptop, database error. You're up fancy pants
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Buy buy buy! Before it's too late!!!

Comment

Sitting in the pjs, eating 2-day old mash and mince, finishing up a lunchtime viewing of Come Dine With Me, when call comes in from Bloomberg News wanting comment on a CFD story. Nice little contrast there, and cautionary tale for anyone taking their Bloomberg news feed too seriously.
                                                                                                                  You and Max Keiser should definitely hang out.

Comment

Mashup, Cliq and Sportsdevil all have free streaming sports but are often unreliable. P2P is another free streaming addon. The best by a distance are paid subscriptions plugins some are closed for signups(smoothstreams) but one i use and like is This. They have a plugin for xbmc and an app for smartphone along with being able to watch it on your pc. Here is a screenshot of the channel list. Its gone up in price recently but with this channel list if you use it youll get your moneys worth.

Despite your improved connection you need to be wired with a network cable for best results imo. Wireless on xbmc is sketchy at times even with a 100mb better connection despite addons only needing approx 3-4MB to perform. If you cant get it wired buy homeplugs in argos or amazon or somewhere as these virtually equate to the same thing.
                                                                                                                    Forum thread worth reading before you purchase. In the main its reliable but its being groing steadily and has one of the best developers in the business looking after the plugin side of it.
                                                                                                                    brilliant, thanks for that. i've got everything directly connected to the router so speeds are over 100Mb.

i've also got acestreams sorted as DP alludes to, but the good streams are few and far between. i'll give the one you list a go for a month and see how good the quality is. one thing i notice though is they don't have BT sports on their website, yet it's on your screenshot. is it there or not as that is one of the important ones for me.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 24-07-14, 13:29.

Comment

I use Offside streams also, it is excellent. It has very easy to use IOS and Android apps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        Buy buy buy! Before it's too late!!!
                                                                                                                        Will it be early again!!?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X