This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
    this folk meets punk tune is fecking hopping. Love it. So when they booking Dublin ?
    I haven't seen a lot of the UK folk punk scene announcing gigs in Ireland at all. I thought it would go down quite well. They tend to play more gigs in mainland Europe than anywhere else.

We'd have a few of this type of act at most of our festivals. Smokey Bastard are one of my favourites:

Aspirations, I Have Some by Smokey BastardTaken from the album Tales From The WastelandBuy on CD or Download http://smarturl.it/smokeyBuy on iTunes: http://s...

Have a lot of Ska/Punk too like these guys:

From the album - "One day this will all be gone...EVERYTHING NOW!"Album is avaliable on vinyl and CD through www.pumpkinrecords.co.uk www.ruinnation.org www....

And plenty of cider bands seen as we are based in the west country

Official music video for The Skimmity Hitchers song The Skimmity Pint song. This was shot at The Spice Ship in Weymouth and Lodmoor country park. This is one...
    sigpic
    www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post

And this lot from a sold out gig we put on last year:

The Dreadnoughts with the title song from their latest album - Polka Never Dies. Live at The Exchange, Bristol. Fuelled By Cider presents Four Pints of the S...

Ha, that's deadly, Celtic Ska Punk, great mix.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
        Banjo ftw
        A great sound. Needs more genres.

Comment

shortstack, I've had a tough day today wasting/waiting time in the hoppo (nothing serious) but now you've driven me to take out my mighty bosstones cd and have another glass.

Some great stuff in those clips. If this is the UK scene at the moment it's very heathly indeed and somewhat heartening. Do feel free to post some more, although I guess I can youtube em now. I said it many moons ago but a music thread would be nice (shoes n food have one) Anyhoor, got my tuppence worth out of IPB today. cheers and oiche mhaith

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Ha, that's deadly, Celtic Ska Punk, great mix.
            Believe it or not heavily influenced by The Wurzels & The Surfin' Turnips. They are Canadian and pretty much called it a day however we have the singer and fiddle player coming over for a short tour backed by some of Smokey Bastard culminating at our August festival.

Surfin' Turnips (also playing our festival, Bristol cider punk legends):

cider fuelled adventures from those west country legends the surfin turnips
            sigpic
            www.d4events.com

Comment

Pretty gutted there is no NFL tonight, happy with these UFC prelims though. Come on McGregor!!!
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
                shortstack, I've had a tough day today wasting/waiting time in the hoppo (nothing serious) but now you've driven me to take out my mighty bosstones cd and have another glass.

Some great stuff in those clips. If this is the UK scene at the moment it's very heathly indeed and somewhat heartening. Do feel free to post some more, although I guess I can youtube em now. I said it many moons ago but a music thread would be nice (shoes n food have one) Anyhoor, got my tuppence worth out of IPB today. cheers and oiche mhaith
                Ah, the Mighty Boss Tones

Saw these guys just before christmas:

And these were also on the bill:

One more for tonight - caught these at Boomtown in August:

NOFX - Bob Live @ Bizarre Festival 1995 (Cologne/Germany)I've Uploaded The Whole Show,Setlist: 1. Linoleum 2. Shower Days 3. The Longest Line 4. Punk...
                sigpic
                www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                  Pretty gutted there is no NFL tonight, happy with these UFC prelims though. Come on McGregor!!!
                  Gonna knock off here now, my stream is a minute or two behind.

NOTORIOUS!!!!!!

Comment

Fucking hell, some way to open the prelims. What a fucking knockout.

EDIT

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                      Fucking hell, some way to open the prelims. What a fucking knockout.

EDIT

SPOILER
                      That gif went up fast!!
                      First of the acca in there thanks to your tip, nice one!! Holohan and larkin to win now before the big guy in <1.5 rounds. I be rollin' in it then!
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

American ads are terrible. Wish this was a PPV.

Comment

Heat.
                          Great film but far from perfect. Too long.

I went to see American Sniper yesterday, dreadfully dull.

Comment

Just wasted 2 mins confirming that the fight is tomorrow. Thanks lads

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              Sunday Ireland, late Saturday USA No?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                Ah AJ not you.

Say it ain't so.

If anyone is looking for a fight wilder is fighting at 4 for the heavy weight title 32 knockouts from 32 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  American ads are terrible. Wish this was a PPV.
                                  I dunno about you but I'm really tempted to switch to this cute little fecker

Getting closer now, HYPE HYPE HYPE!!
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                    Ah AJ not you.

Say it ain't so.
                                    Saddened that you think I'd fall so low!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                      I'm watching here http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/f...ts-live-stream

Switches at 3am our time, hopefully link stays on the right channel. Goes to Fox Sports 1.

Comment

Saddened that you think I'd fall so low!
                                        Deep down I knew it couldnt be true.

Comment

I've been to a few plays hotspur, went to see him off die hard (Alan Rickman) in one a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Paul, they used to do that in DCU, so it's definitely possible, go for it! You can find out more from them probably.
                                          Old people are not treated like people, homes and the way people think of them is a disgrace. The stories you hear from those places.

I liked the music therapy in this, bringing eldery people back into focus:

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE & FILM FESTIVALS: http://bit.ly/1wbkfYgLike us on...

Must download that movie, might need a hankie.

(Y)

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Myself and my best pal went to Dublin last night for Hanson's birthday
                                          I'm not reading past there till you explain whether you mean Gus Hanson or that chick band from the 90's. If it is anyone else, take a long hard look at yourself.
                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 18-01-15, 03:28.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz fight just about to start.

Possible Carl frampton unification fight later in the year.

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz fight just about to start.

Possible Carl frampton unification fight later in the year.
                                              You're a liar.
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                That was a laugh, ta. Seems a sound dude.

Conor has lost the run of himself with his 'bantz' or showmanship. It's has devolved from talking himself up, saying he is the best to just petty insults/shite talk/acting like a scrote in and outside the ring and just acting like an intimidating 'I'll get/ump in your face and make you flinch and leer at me mates and do me knacker laaffff' type shit.

I'd say he has boxed the heads of some amount of young lads in his time.
                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 18-01-15, 04:01.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                  You're a liar.
                                                  Huh?

I'm watching it now.

Comment

Fight fight fight!!!!!

Comment

Fight fight fight!!!!!
                                                      HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!! Come on McGregor!
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                        what channel is showing the CMG fight?
                                                        By sports, first row should have it

Comment

That was an epic fight! That one hit dazed him and he didn't seem to know where he was.. reminds me of this octopus
                                                          an amazing video of a camouflaging octopus.this is a section of a TED talk by David Gallo. the whole thing can be seen herehttp://www.ted.com/index.php/talks...

Octopus ftw.
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone know where I'd see the mcgregor fight?

Comment

So did Finkel stay up?

Apologies for any collateral damage

Comment

So did Finkel stay up?

Apologies for any collateral damage
                                                                If it was on in my back garden I'd bring the dog for a walk to avoid it

Comment

Wonder what prompted Leo to come out now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    Sick of all the desperate not so young wans chasing him IMO
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sounds like he only figured it out himself quite recently.

The story about Enda asking him had he been to Panti Bar was class. "I'm out ahead of ye Varadkar heh heh!"
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Im thinking about 650 for the MacBook pro

macbook pro 13.3/2.5/2x2gb/500/sd

Sound fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Ah no, worst kept secret in Irish politics.

Comment

Better to out himself than endure a whispering campaign during the marriage equality referendum.

Comment

Denny is right. This is pretty common knowledge.
                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Can anyone (AJ?) tell me the rules regarding who finishes top of the group in the AFC Asian Cup if both teams are level on points?

Comment

Can't believe Leo turns 36 today.

I'm two years older than the minister for health. Jesus.

Comment

Surely the McGregor fight card is going to get shit ratings tonight on Fox with them going up against the Colts Pats match. Seems a bit of an odd play

Comment

Just saw the Harlequins-Wasps result now. WTF?
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                        Surely the McGregor fight card is going to get shit ratings tonight on Fox with them going up against the Colts Pats match. Seems a bit of an odd play
                                                                                        It's on straight after it and ads for the fight will be pumped into the NFL game since they're both on FOX

Comment

Only a few prelims will clash
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Wasps are coming into form lately and starting to play some good rugby. Possibly a very tough game next week.

Comment

Bizarre game. Everything went wrong for Quins and then they had no Plan B and Wasps defended very comfortably. Just one of those games. Wasps are decent but I don't think Leinster will be shitting themselves!! Good to have a clear requirement and in their own hands. A home quarter if things really go right would be incredible given the season to date.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

On the contrary.it's done on purpose to get maximum exposure as they're hoping people will tune in once the game is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Sick of all the desperate not so young wans chasing him IMO
                                                                                                  Do you have the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Can anyone (AJ?) tell me the rules regarding who finishes top of the group in the AFC Asian Cup if both teams are level on points?
                                                                                                    Fairly sure its head to head first, then gd.

Comment

A second $1m Spin & Go was won on Stars yesterday. Someone uploaded the video. Dunno what's more tilting, the idiot who won it's play or the bet sizings and pot size being counted in BBs. The other players certainly have the right to feel aggrieved anyway..

tornado111 castiga 1 mil $ la un Spin and Go de 5$ pe PokerStars https://yadi.sk/i/Q9etPB4te3XtHhttp://www.holdem.ro

Comment

Just seen the scorecard from SA. AB De V hits 100 off 31 balls and finishes on 149 from 44 balls. Mental

Comment

lol, deadly. Chicks need to be about 20 years younger tho
                                                                                                          kinda the point no?
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                            A second $1m Spin & Go was won on Stars yesterday. Someone uploaded the video. Dunno what's more tilting, the idiot who won it's play or the bet sizings and pot size being counted in BBs. The other players certainly have the right to feel aggrieved anyway..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBu_jTfTaQ
                                                                                                            I'm so tilted after watching that. I'd be on suicide watch if i was involved!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBu_jTfTaQ
                                                                                                              that was a crazy amount of suckouts 3 handed
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I installed XBMC/Kodi last night on the laptop and this morning on my tablet...I was living in the dark-ages up till yesterday.

Still finding my feet but the tutorials on YouTube are very good.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Finkel definitely got up to watch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    I installed XBMC/Kodi last night on the laptop and this morning on my tablet...I was living in the dark-ages up till yesterday.

Still finding my feet but the tutorials on YouTube are very good.
                                                                                                                    Can you stream to Chromecast once it's on the tablet?

Comment

American Sniper is pretty rubbish. Bradley Cooper is a very average actor, Silver Linings Playbook about the only film I've rated his performance in.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Shaun Murphy doesn't give a fuck. Thought Robertson would rek him tbh. Pretty impressive performance so far.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Whenever a male politician has the courage to come out publicly as gay they should always try to give the most positive spin on it "I am a gay man...but I'm a top!"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X