This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
    my parents decided that 2 was enough,but at some stage the mother decided actually 4 was the right amount(didnt tell the father)
    guess how many siblings i have,heres a clue its not feckin 2
    3. 3 is the answer.
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Saw Foxcatcher tonight

SPOILER

wouldn't really rate it. There was a lot of time spent without actually working on character development. The breakdown in relationship between Du Pont and Mark didn't seem very well explained at all - the cocaine scene in the helicopter seemed to more or less be it, wasn't much exploration into how the relationship broke down. The Du Pont - Dave relationship also isn't explored enough.

I wasn't aware of the plot going into the movie, so had no reason to expect the ending. For sheer shock factor, the ending was ok, but it definitely doesn't save the movie.

The homoerotic undertones throughout the movie are kinda weird too.

Carrell's make-up and acting was impressive, but outside that, the film didn't really offer a lot.

Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Long shot, but does anyone know where I could get a jacket like Edward Norton wears in birdman?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          Try the army supply stores on capel street.

€10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
          Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
          €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
          CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Capt Morgan saving England. Great innings

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Don't think there's been any exceptional acting performances this year. I liked Birdman but would be a weak year if Keaton(current fav) shipped best actor. Di Caprio would have walked it if they released WOWS this year, he was just unlucky to run into one last year.
              Jake was exceptional in Nightcrawler.
              I thought Keaton WAS tremendous in BIRDMAN and he deserves every inch of the impending Oscar.

I knew Tatum would be the one to lose out from Foxcatcher but he was absolutely brilliant in it.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III
                Fucking do-gooder educationalists are gonna cost me next year anyway. We just got a letter from the school saying that they have revised their admittance policies so that you have to be 4 on the 1st of April. Our youngest turns 4 at the end June but could probably run the school herself right now. She's going to be bored out of her mind in Montessori next year and bored again in Junior Infants the year after. Grrrrr.
                Badgered the principal about this today and she is not for turning. Gashballs.

Apparently this is common to all schools in the area now and is being adopted nationwide so be aware if you have kids with birthdays in that range. Mrs Duke agrees with it though (parenting and education qualifications coming out her ears) so I don't have a leg to stand on.

tldr; kids must be at least 4.5 to start school now. Someone tell a poker story.
                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 16-01-15, 08:42.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone but redmayne or cumberbatch for best actor please.criminal that those 2 twats got the nod over gyllenhall
                  Last edited by Guest; 16-01-15, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

tldr; kids must be at least 4.5 to start school now. Someone tell a poker story.
                    I had AK and some muppet beat it with A7. Can you believe it?

Comment

Apparently this is common to all schools in the area now and is being adopted nationwide so be aware if you have kids with birthdays in that range. Mrs Duke agrees with it though (parenting and education qualifications coming out her ears) so I don't have a leg to stand on.

So would that put her 18 coming up to 19 when she is doing her leaving? If she does the transition year (if it still exists). Seems reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        I have a guy working for me and in every conversation I had with him he manage to say "Word up dude". At first I found it amusing, but now start to find it irritating as not sure if he is on a wind up or not.
                        I interviewed a chinese student for work here and his English wasn't great. At the end of every sentence though he added "and what not". Had to work hard to not burst out laughing.

3rd March. Cha ching !!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          I had AK and some muppet beat it with A7. Can you believe it?
                          Ya but 7s were coming out all night so serves you right.

Comment

Fucking neighbours dog went off on a mad one at 1am barked really loud for an hour at least, both kids were awoken. I had to leave the house to smash down there door but nobody was in, dog was in back yard. They have never walked the dog in 5 months as far as I could tell, and dog sounded in pain/unhappy. Whilst I was out my own dog thought it would be great fun to play chase so I had to follow that fucker for half an hour to make sure the thick animal didn't get knocked down.

My question is how to proceed. Go back to them today and threaten their lives if it happens again or report them to animal authorities or both and also would like to exact some retribution for the inconvieience of my own dog wandering off

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                              Fucking neighbours dog went off on a mad one at 1am barked really loud for an hour at least, both kids were awoken. I had to leave the house to smash down there door but nobody was in, dog was in back yard. They have never walked the dog in 5 months as far as I could tell, and dog sounded in pain/unhappy. Whilst I was out my own dog thought it would be great fun to play chase so I had to follow that fucker for half an hour to make sure the thick animal didn't get knocked down.

My question is how to proceed. Go back to them today and threaten their lives if it happens again or report them to animal authorities or both and also would like to exact some retribution for the inconvieience of my own dog wandering off
                              Bit worried that you originally posted that Q in the Restaurant Review Thread

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                I caught the tail end of some story from a rugby players book, something about some foreign player coming over here and he ate his dog rather than leave it ? Brennans book ?
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Animal authorities will tell you that as long as the dog is fed,watered and has shelter that theres nothing they can really do. Walking it isn't compulsory.
                                  Best to talk to the neighbours calmly I suppose.

Comment

Ah dont report them anyway, they could really like their dog. loads of people have dogs that dont get walked. my own is quite happy in the garden. she barks a fair bit too but the neighbours thank fuck dont say anything. Quite good to have outside too for intruders.

Bar the dog is underfed and treated violently etc, if you know your neighbours and they seem like nice good people , chances are the dog is fairly well looked after. All dogs bark its a bit of pain but not a lot you can do really
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        Ah dont report them anyway, they could really like their dog. loads of people have dogs that dont get walked. my own is quite happy in the garden. she barks a fair bit too but the neighbours thank fuck dont say anything. Quite good to have outside too for intruders.

Bar the dog is underfed and treated violently etc, if you know your neighbours and they seem like nice good people , chances are the dog is fairly well looked after. All dogs bark its a bit of pain but not a lot you can do really

Yeah, just throw it in your car and leave it a few miles away.

Comment

Any rumours of anyone going under, Raoul?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Any rumours of anyone going under, Raoul?
                                            Shall we start one?

Comment

This website is for sale! teamginola.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, teamginola.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                Greetings from Boston. Got a pretty sick few days ahead.
                                                Tomorrow gonna go to the UFC media day followed by Celtics and bulls game.
                                                Saturday the weigh in and catching a bruins game after.
                                                Sunday go out early to sports bars with the pats fans and UFC that night.
                                                Monday Tuesday chill.
                                                Not as catchy as the Craig David tune, but still, a very decent effort.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  I caught the tail end of some story from a rugby players book, something about some foreign player coming over here and he ate his dog rather than leave it ? Brennans book ?
                                                  Haven't heard of it. Shudder at the thought though.

Comment

Stan cooks dog . . .

As Stan Wright got fitter it was obvious to everyone that he was a good operator with a serious engine and after Leinster extended his deal and got a proper pre-season into him, he never looked back. He became one of us.

However, Stanley is also a Cook Islander through and through, something we realised when Stan took a keen interest in the doggies he saw around Dublin.

We discovered, during one memorable dressing-room discussion that, before leaving for Dublin, Stanley had actually barbecued his own dog.

The dog was named Toby and the reason Stanley decided to have his own dog for dinner was, simply and casually, explained by the big man to all of us.

The day before the barbecue, two policemen had cycled by his house and Toby, more impressed by the 'long leg' of the law rather than its 'long arm' had chased down the bikes and tried his damnedest to nibble on a police limb.

In turn, the policemen told Stanley that if they caught the dog, he was destined for the pound.

That was never going to happen, Stanley explained to us. He hadn't fed Toby with the best of food for two years just for two coppers to take him off, so, in jig-time Toby became a sumptuous supper on the Wright table.

After Stanley gauged our collective reaction to this particular story, he admitted he should probably not recount the story to many other people in Ireland. I told him that would be wise.

Irish Independent

Comment

Relevant to your interests:

Spring Loaded Glitter Bombs: Ship A Glitter Bomb & Other Hysterical Anonymous Pranks In The Mail! The Original Glitter Bomb & Prank Website.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Possibly accurate. Next outing will actually continue the downward trend for sure.

Fucking do-gooder educationalists are gonna cost me next year anyway. We just got a letter from the school saying that they have revised their admittance policies so that you have to be 4 on the 1st of April. Our youngest turns 4 at the end June but could probably run the school herself right now. She's going to be bored out of her mind in Montessori next year and bored again in Junior Infants the year after. Grrrrr.
                                                        JOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE DUFFYYYYYYYYYYYYY
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Do I have this right?

The Swiss government had been keeping the value of their currency roughly aligned with the value of the Euro over the last while by buying/selling quantities of Francs/Euros as the situation dictated. They have now decided to stop these adjustments and let the Franc be worth whatever the external market says it's worth.

If the above is correct I have follow up questions:

1. Why were they so intent on matching the Euro for ages?
                                                          2. What effect did this have at a high level for Switzerland/Europe?
                                                          3. Why have they decided they don't care about the alignment anymore?
                                                          4. What effect is the new set up likely to have?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            JOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE DUFFYYYYYYYYYYYYY
                                                            I think you bbv'd me there, in the good way. Call just received from school principal -they are deferring implementing this until January 2016. Appears I was not the only one complaining vociferously about this morning. Ship!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Do I have this right?

The Swiss government had been keeping the value of their currency roughly aligned with the value of the Euro over the last while by buying/selling quantities of Francs/Euros as the situation dictated. They have now decided to stop these adjustments and let the Franc be worth whatever the external market says it's worth.

If the above is correct I have follow up questions:

1. Why were they so intent on matching the Euro for ages?
                                                              2. What effect did this have at a high level for Switzerland/Europe?
                                                              3. Why have they decided they don't care about the alignment anymore?
                                                              4. What effect is the new set up likely to have?
                                                              They weren't 'matching the Euro', they made a declaration that they would take all necessary steps (i.e. sell CHF and buy EUR) to keep a floor of 1.20 in place as they felt tbat the market was overvaluing CHF and this was bad for Swiss exports. They have now abandoned this policy and gone back to a free float - CHF duly appreciating dramatically against the EUR.

The whole story says more about the Euro than the Swiss Franc. The ECB is about to unleash the proverbial wall of money which will depreciate the Euro further against genuine 'hard' currencies like CHF. The Swiss National Bank could well have bankrupted itself trying to artificially depress the value of CHF and decided to remove the floor.

Comment

They weren't 'matching the Euro', they made a declaration that they would take all necessary steps (i.e. sell CHF and buy EUR) to keep a floor of 1.20 in place as they felt tbat the market was overvaluing CHF and this was bad for Swiss exports. They have now abandoned this policy and gone back to a free float - CHF duly appreciating dramatically against the EUR.

The whole story says more about the Euro than the Swiss Franc. The ECB is about to unleash the proverbial wall of money which will depreciate the Euro further against genuine 'hard' currencies like CHF. The Swiss National Bank could well have bankrupted itself trying to artificially depress the value of CHF and decided to remove the floor.
                                                                Ah OK so they're abandoning the floor because they would have to do their nuts to maintain it in light of the upcoming QE in the eurozone?

Comment

Money had been pouring into the franc as a safe haven as the rest of the world printed and devalued their currencies. To protect their economy the Swiss set a peg and intervened to weaken and keep the euro/franc at 1.20. Now that the eurozone is about to embark on QE and with the massive weakening of the euro that intervention was unsustainable.

It's like the reverse of the day Soros broke the Bank of England.
                                                                  I actually get this now, excellent!

Comment

Way too many 3 letter acronyms contain CHD

Comment

They were making money off it, printing their own cash and buying up foreign currency and bonds (the opposite of Russia right now). But they'd be facing a massive inflation timebomb down the line.

*technically they lost billions yesterday as their foreign holdings just dropped 20% but it doesn't really matter.

Comment

*technically they lost billions yesterday as their foreign holdings just dropped 20% but it doesn't really matter.
                                                                        Probably have a lot of it in Euro-area bonds which they will flog off into QE.

They made 38bn last year, somehow.

Comment

Any tentative predictions about what the effect of the QE is likely to be on the ground here?

Comment

The World No.1 makes his first ever professional hole in one on the 15th hole in the second round of the 2015 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, using a 9-iro...

Comment

Anyone that's been thinking about buying an expensive watch needs to pull the trigger fairly quickly.

Saw a provisional list of the price increases yesterday

Comment

Shipship, saw recently that mine was up 30% even before the fx moves.

Comment

Anyone know much about NCT's?

Says - "Don't forget to bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate"

I have no idea what any of these are nor where I have them (and I have looked everywhere!)

Will I get away with just my licence?

Car is beige.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Anyone know much about NCT's?

Says - "Don't forget to bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate"

I have no idea what any of these are nor where I have them (and I have looked everywhere!)

Will I get away with just my licence?

Car is beige.
                                                                                    Yeah. I have never been asked for this stuff.

Comment

Shipship, saw recently that mine was up 30% even before the fx moves.
                                                                                      Yeah its crazy shit really.

Least expensive patck is currently €10800.
                                                                                      Five years ago it was €6900.
                                                                                      Next week its gonna be €13500 probably more as the brand had indicated that there was gonna be a price increase even before yesterdays shit storm. Its probably gonna hit €14000.

We arent taking any orders for anything until prices get sorted.

So a good time for people to get a watch at the minute.

This week good.
                                                                                      Next week bad.

Comment

Sitting in a car park in Finglas, lovely wee spot lol
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I think you bbv'd me there, in the good way.
                                                                                          You can't bbv in the good way. This must be some new deeper voodoo that we have been previously unaware of.

Comment

Could you explain that again as if you're talking to Finkel

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                              they've given up strudelling for 5 every hand and are just going to see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                Yeah its crazy shit really.

Least expensive patck is currently €10800.
                                                                                                Five years ago it was €6900.
                                                                                                Next week its gonna be €13500 probably more as the brand had indicated that there was gonna be a price increase even before yesterdays shit storm. Its probably gonna hit €14000.

We arent taking any orders for anything until prices get sorted.

So a good time for people to get a watch at the minute.

This week good.
                                                                                                Next week bad.
                                                                                                I've been looking recently at a couple of Rolex and Tag Heuer watches. Are prices really going spike ~35-40% across the board pretty much immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                  You will regret this

Comment

Balls.
                                                                                                    I take it this is also gonna hammer honeymoon prices.
                                                                                                    Trailfinders quoted me 8k this morning on something I could probably knock together for a fraction of the price.
                                                                                                    The H word seems to come with a premium attached
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Really tempted to go buy a watch this weekend now, fu bbv

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                        I've been looking recently at a couple of Rolex and Tag Heuer watches. Are prices really going spike ~35-40% across the board pretty much immediately?
                                                                                                        Anything that a shop has in stock will stay the same for a week or two unless they are cunts. But if anything has to be ordered than yeah pretty much. A lot of places are going to be short on stock after Christmas so things like submariners, Gmt are pretty much gonna go straight up as they have a high turnover so the watch you buy won't have been in stock more than a week or two.

We decided this morning that we aren't even quoting prices for anything that isn't in stock as its all changing next week.

I've sent our stock listing of Patek and Rolex to about eight ppl today all people that want to buy multiples before the prices go up.

If your looking at rolex sub's, GMT, milgauss, daytonas get them as soon as you can or you will be taking a hit.

The same with Patek. There is a killing to be made if you can get your hands on the right watches.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Raekwon; 16-01-15, 14:58.

Comment

What is the educated consensus on the forecast for the Euro?

Comment

Well played Ricardo Lamas

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              Balls.
                                                                                                              Trailfinders quoted me 8k this morning on something I could probably knock together for a fraction of the price.
                                                                                                              They jizz a little when they hear honeymoon. We were quoted €9k got it down to sub €4k booking ourselves.

Never mention the H word!

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                              Anything that a shop has in stock will stay the same for a week or two unless they are cunts. But if anything has to be ordered than yeah pretty much. A lot of places are going to be short on stock after Christmas so things like submariners, Gmt are pretty much gonna go straight up as they have a high turnover so the watch you buy won't have been in stock more than a week or two.

We decided this morning that we aren't even quoting prices for anything that isn't in stock as its all changing next week.

I've sent our stock listing of Patek and Rolex to about eight ppl today all people that want to buy multiples before the prices go up.

If your looking at rolex sub's, GMT, milgauss, daytonas get them as soon as you can or you will be taking a hit.

The same with Patek. There is a killing to be made if you can get your hands on the right watches.
                                                                                                              If I bought a Watch this week. Where could I shift it on next week for loots?

Comment

What should I be looking for a MacBook pro, 15 months old, scratch or two on the cover other than that it's perfect

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  Balls.
                                                                                                                  Drop me a PM with what you were looking at if you like, the missus works there I'll try find out if you were being hornswaggled.

Comment

I have a dell mini computer, a 10 inch job. There is no recovery partition or cd drive in it. I want to restore it to factory settings. How do i do this ? Boot from a USB setup type thing ?
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

How much for a swatch? Needs a battery.
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

btw, I'm now flogging tickets for Fleetwood if anyone is interested. Last gig of the three.
                                                                                                                        Ironing.

Will also interested in a standing ticket for the second gig or two of any type to the first. Or swapsies.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          I have a dell mini computer, a 10 inch job. There is no recovery partition or cd drive in it. I want to restore it to factory settings. How do i do this ? Boot from a USB setup type thing ?
                                                                                                                          Yup.

If you flip it over you should find your OS version and key on the underside.

Just grab a bootable ISO of that OS and burn it to a usb key using: https://rufus.akeo.ie/ (the default settings worked fine for my with a vista install recently).

After you install you will need to "verify" your version of windows using the serial number from the sticker on the base of your netbook.
                                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X