This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
    Another UFC blow in question but I was wondering whether the roundhouse kicks McGregor was firing out at the start were very high variance? He definitely did 2 if not 3 and just seemed a potential dangerous move.
    Mellor is the man for this. He'll be around at some stage for a definitive answer. High risk/reward, I'd imagine if he lands one on the head there's a pretty high chance off GG, WP. If you get that in the stomach or ribs, good luck trying to catch your breath for the rest of the round. Also it establishes his range and he gets an idea of where he needs to initiate it from the next time. McGregor has a wider range of strikes in his arsenal than most fighters. Top quality amateur boxer as a kid too. You don't know what he's gonna try next. Be it capoiera style kicks, muay thai and so on.

If you compare him to Seery from the undercard who's a seriously tough operator. He's primarily a boxer and wouldn't go to the ground against Philips. I don't think he swung a kick in standup for the whole 3 rounds in case Harris reverses it into a takedown.
    Last edited by coillcam; 23-07-14, 11:48.

Comment

How does the price of a Pint of a Craft Beer compare to the price of a pint of Guiness or Heino in Temple Bar?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Pints in my local 2.20, 330ml bottles 1.10 for the same stuff (Estrella or San Miguel), why would anyone buy pints? I just buy 2 bottles at a time. It goes up to 2.50 and 1.40 from June - Sept but no big deal.
        I literally still chuckle and shake my head when I buy a round of drinks and get change from a tenner.
        How much are Crisps?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          How much are Crisps?
          Did you just move onto rounds of tayto when ya gave up the beer? You're quite concerned!
          airport, lol

Comment

How much are Crisps?
            1 euro, too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
              Blocked Zod on all platforms after the original IPB football game before the poker in Barry's, he posted something like 'Midfield Status = Bossed', I don't even remember him having a touch, anyone that delusional is hard to listen to. I may let him back now, had forgotten about it really
              Please, block me again. If you really can't detect sarcasm or intentional stupidity then you have little to learn from by reading my contributions to the internet.
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Can believe the level of naivety re. McGregor.

UFC is a show. Tickets selling at €175 a head with McG now having potential to sell out a small stadium.

McGregor is the draw, the cash cow. No way he was going to lose Brandao fight. Brandao was hand picked and obviously under instruction.

Next fight and career will be stage managed from here out, now that White and the Fertitta brothers have seen that the guy shits gold.

The boy has done well and best of luck to him, but some of ye will be telling me that WWF fights aren't choreographed next.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Lighthouse late movies (start 10:30pm) this week:

Friday: original RoboCop
                  Saturday: Rocky Horror Picture Show

Kinda tempted by Rocky Horror if it wasnt just so damned gay. We should gather a manly posse to attend. Start beering maybe late afternoon and work our way up to its magnificence. Great movie.
                  I'll bring toast
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    I'll bring toast
                    don't forget the rice and toilet paper

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

The boy has done well and best of luck to him, but some of ye will be telling me that WWF fights aren't choreographed next.
                      http://youtu.be/BvTNyKIGXiI

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                        Another UFC blow in question but I was wondering whether the roundhouse kicks McGregor was firing out at the start were very high variance? He definitely did 2 if not 3 and just seemed a potential dangerous move.
                        The spinning heel kick when they were meant to be touching gloves was a bit of a lowlight for me.
                        Tbh, I've watched the fight a few times and still cannot see how the other guy was hurt by the left
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

To quote the great JR;
                          How do you learn to fall off a 20 foot ladder?

Comment

The spinning heel kick when they were meant to be touching gloves was a bit of a lowlight for me.
                            Tbh, I've watched the fight a few times and still cannot see how the other guy was hurt by the left
                            TBF the ref said in the pre-fight "if you want to touch gloves do it now" which they did.

Looked to me at the finish like something was gone badly wrong with Brandao's leg - he was dragging it along behind him against the octagon wall.

Comment

To quote the great JR;

By making it a 9ft one?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                TBF the ref said in the pre-fight "if you want to touch gloves do it now" which they did.

Looked to me at the finish like something was gone badly wrong with Brandao's leg - he was dragging it along behind him against the octagon wall.
                                Ah I know, I just remember when I was competing it was a big no-no.

Comment

UFC is a show. Tickets selling at €175 a head with McG now having potential to sell out a small stadium.

McGregor is the draw, the cash cow. No way he was going to lose Brandao fight. Brandao was hand picked and obviously under instruction.

Next fight and career will be stage managed from here out, now that White and the Fertitta brothers have seen that the guy shits gold.

Yea, it's nowhere near the highlight of the card he is fighting on. It would sell out easily without this fight on the card, look at the main event ffs.

Sure, he is talking a good game but plenty of others have come in with similar reputations and after not walking the walk are clinging on to their careers Overeem and Uriah Hall to name 2 although Halls heroic performance with a bone sticking out of his toe a couple of weeks ago should see him safe.

Comment

Ah I know, I just remember when I was competing it was a big no-no.
                                    Would have been the same for me but it's pretty different of course. I'm not sure whether the touching gloves before the off is standard in UFC, if it is it would be hard to have a major issue really.

I've seen a few guys in MMA who like to start the fight by sprinting across the ring and barrelling into the opponent so not sure where qualms about touching gloves would leave that.

Comment

Days like today make me very thankful I don't do 9-5. Golf and afternoon pints in Howth far more preferable today
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Mylo playing in Dublin bank holiday weekend, happy with that
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Was very scummy.

Comment

Would have been the same for me but it's pretty different of course. I'm not sure whether the touching gloves before the off is standard in UFC, if it is it would be hard to have a major issue really.

I've seen a few guys in MMA who like to start the fight by sprinting across the ring and barrelling into the opponent so not sure where qualms about touching gloves would leave that.
                                            Touch gloves as a respectful thing then move away and fight or don't touch gloves at all and anything goes. See - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...p-shots/page/5

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                              Was very scummy.
                                              What was?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                What was?
                                                The cheap shot while they were touching gloves, no need for it. Had actually forgotten about it till it was mentioned above.

edit - Actually apparently Diego refused to touch gloves so it was all good.

Last edited by bohsman; 23-07-14, 13:17.

Comment

EDIT: Derp, just seen what Bohsman posted above.. Never mind carry on etc.

Seen this mentioned about the touch gloves thing before. They did so when the ref invited them in before the start of the fight to wish them luck and go through the pre-fight routine. When they separated, Brandao shook his head indicating that they would not be touching gloves when fight starts. Re-watch it. I didn't notice this at first but it was pointed out to me on Sunday and you can clearly see him shake his head.

Also Brandao was just fucked when he fell over, may have had a dead leg or tweaked it on the ground when the were grappling. In the previous minute he had a kick land square on his chest, another decent one to the head and several clean punches. Just the cumulative effect of it all.
                                                  Last edited by coillcam; 23-07-14, 13:18.

Comment

How much do ye reckon Joe.ie would have paid for that ad on his arse?

Comment

By making it a 9ft one?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                        http://www.mixcloud.com/daraghthomas...rden-mix-2014/

One hour of House, Disco and Rock - Perfect for listening to on a hot day with a cold beer! Jamie xx, Four Tet, Omar S, Kate Bush, Todd Terje etc.
                                                        Great mix, currently getting it's second play of the day from me and helping me get through work.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                          The cheap shot while they were touching gloves, no need for it. Had actually forgotten about it till it was mentioned above.

edit - Actually apparently Diego refused to touch gloves so it was all good.

He turned down the glove touch and that's mcgregors stance.

The fighting Irish stance I think it's called.

Always does it to find his range, he did and he unleashed a kick. Nothing wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                            EDIT: Derp, just seen what Bohsman posted above.. Never mind carry on etc.

Seen this mentioned about the touch gloves thing before. They did so when the ref invited them in before the start of the fight to wish them luck and go through the pre-fight routine. When they separated, Brandao shook his head indicating that they would not be touching gloves when fight starts. Re-watch it. I didn't notice this at first but it was pointed out to me on Sunday and you can clearly see him shake his head.

Also Brandao was just fucked when he fell over, may have had a dead leg or tweaked it on the ground when the were grappling. In the previous minute he had a kick land square on his chest, another decent one to the head and several clean punches. Just the cumulative effect of it all.
                                                            Brandao quit. Simple as. He knew he was getting knocked out so lay down, covered up and quit.

Comment

He wasnt at the top

Comment

Fairly grim but interesting

Each year, half a million horseshoe crabs are captured and bled alive to create an unparalleled biomedical technology.
                                                                SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  Fairly grim but interesting

Each year, half a million horseshoe crabs are captured and bled alive to create an unparalleled biomedical technology.
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  What was grim about it?
                                                                  Good read... Yo Science!
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    What was grim about it?
                                                                    Good read... Yo Science!
                                                                    Peta taunt level 4
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Would PETA be against this, or are crabs not cute and furry enough?
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        What was grim about it?
                                                                        Good read... Yo Science!
                                                                        That's a great read

Comment

I see Hitch had a good climb on the Tour today

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Cab drivers are the salt of the earth. At my peak I think I was the GOAT taxi driver. Also happy to say never gave into the temptation of 'bj instead of fare' offers. I was always to fond of cash
                                                                              More details please.

Comment

I find myself strangely enraptured by this watch:

Looks to be just wooden but press a button and the embedded LEDs shine through.

SPOILER

Also Keane and Bubbleking or any FF7 fans, found a couple of t-shirts for you on http://www.qwertee.com/

Comment

Commonwealth Games opening ceremony tonight, really feel we are missing a trick by not competing at these

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    Commonwealth Games opening ceremony tonight, really feel we are missing a trick by not competing at these
                                                                                    Paddy Barnes is, er, flying the flag for us.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Also Keane and Bubbleking or any FF7 fans, found a couple of t-shirts for you on http://www.qwertee.com/
                                                                                      Just ordered the Cloud one, 'tis class.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                        I see Hitch had a good climb on the Tour today

Looks nothing like him tbh...
                                                                                        What's for tea?
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Anyone know where I'd get a championship manager download for Mac, free preferably

Comment

Anyone know where I'd get a championship manager download for Mac, free preferably
                                                                                            Are you low on funds?

Is there a name for people who don't pay losing bets?
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                              Are you low on funds?

Are you on about riggers 20 quid. Meh might pay him tonight. I really wanted to sent him this gift I have for him

Actually no I'm saving up for losing FF bets
                                                                                              Last edited by Wesley Harms; 23-07-14, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                Are you low on funds?

Also do you see the irony in that post

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

CM 01/02 the last good champman game is now free anyway

Football manager though I cant help sorry

Comment

He may not have been cycling in the tour today, but Hitch's mug did appear in some junk mail I got...

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        When i look in the pub jacks mirror after 10 beers thats exactly what i look like
                                                                                                        No, you're wrong.
                                                                                                        Saw some story earlier on some guy who has eaten pizza every day for the last 25 years. Seems happy. Loves pizza.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          Paddy Barnes is, er, flying the flag for us.
                                                                                                          Not just Paddy, below are potential Ireland Rio 2016 competitors who are going Nordie for these games

Paddy Barnes, Michael Conlon, Steven Ward, Steven Donnelly (Boxing)
                                                                                                          Martyn Irvine, Sean Downey, Philip Lavery (Cycling)
                                                                                                          Aileen Reid (Triathlon)
                                                                                                          Lisa Kearney (Judo)
                                                                                                          Jason Smyth (Athletics)
                                                                                                          Sycerika McMahon (Swimming)

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Not just Paddy, below are potential Ireland Rio 2016 competitors who are going Nordie for these games

Paddy Barnes, Michael Conlon, Steven Ward, Steven Donnelly (Boxing)
                                                                                                            Martyn Irvine, Sean Downey, Philip Lavery (Cycling)
                                                                                                            Aileen Reid (Triathlon)
                                                                                                            Lisa Kearney (Judo)
                                                                                                            Jason Smyth (Athletics)
                                                                                                            Sycerika McMahon (Swimming)
                                                                                                            They better not be getting funding

Comment

Hi

hows everyone. just back from a boring two days in Derry visiting he Inlaws. fucking hate having to mind my Ps&Qs around them. Its like I turn into a posh person when I cross the border. So hard not being myself lol
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Are you on about riggers 20 quid. Meh might pay him tonight. I really wanted to sent him this gift I have for him

Actually no I'm saving up for losing FF bets
                                                                                                                Creepy
                                                                                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Harmless mouse ffs

Recognize anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XCO6YZFUN8

whats the story with the hands down the pants???
                                                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 23-07-14, 21:38.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Some man that Phil Taylor, 9 darter again

Comment

Well it's pretty clear we're all supporting Montserrat for this.

A Radharc report from 1976 about the Black Irish of Montserrat. Irish people exiled by Cromwell and African slaves arrived on Montserrat at about the same ti...

Comment

For people using xbmc, any advice on best skin and best add ons?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X