X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Did they exist last summer?
    Been going a few years now, we only decided to share it with the genpop in recent times. Much like blaas really

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

How much of an underdog would McGregor be considered in this fight?
        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
          They're fucking dead right. As cliche as it sounds, that conversation did come up today for me aswell - "Fuck sake, very heavy out today isn't it?" "Aw tis awful close" "No sun at all" "Things must be very bad if we're having a conversation about the weather.

Also, would Waterford Whisperers run a headline like that every year? I'm sure they must have done a similar article last summer?
          I don't specifically recall but it wouldn't be there style to rehash old stuff I'd imagine.
          I found that one funny just because of the amount of comments in my direction mirrored in the article.
          I spent most of my day in Kerry and after the third or fourth "tis fierce close" line I felt like responding "well why don't you tell it to fk off away from you". I didnt though because I'm not a cnut.
          Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 22-07-14, 22:36.

Comment

Comment

Just shot a 50 for -4 in Pitch and Putt
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                use the search fields. eg searching for harry potter

links in blue on the right hand side

Keeps telling me Safari cant open?
                twitter
                moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                  I see Conor McGregor vs Poirier is now confirmed for the Jones Gustafson rematch card at end of Sept. Should be good,
                  Can't wait, should be some fight.

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                  How much of an underdog would McGregor be considered in this fight?
                  Vegas line will be interesting, I'd imagine Dustin will be slight fav.
                  Maybe 1/2-6/4 kinda thing.

Conor prob 1/5 in Powers
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

WAR McGregor

Comment

Green street really gets the adrenaline pumping

Comment

Conor McGregor - what a warrior taking a huge fight on such short notice. He's fighting a more experienced fighter with bigger wins and if he wins this one he's going to be a giant.

If he wins this I fully expect he's going to become the biggest thing in MMA, and nearly as big a legend as Bruce Lee!

Up McGregor! Up the Dubs!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                          Green street really gets the adrenaline pumping
                          Would you prefer GS or FF? Even though Danny Dyer is in Football Factory, it's very hard to take Frodo seriously in Green Street. So FF wins for me, marginally.

Comment

Haven't seen FF and first time catching Green Street in years but forgot how watching a load of aimless fighting can get you riled up

Comment

Comment

Know nothing about MMA but quite surprised McGregor has taken such a fight so quickly. I thought he would have dined out on the last fight for a while, maybe taken a few more bankable fights and then stepped up to someone who could potentially beat him. Do the boxing type politics not play the same kind of role in MMA?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                  Conor McGregor - what a warrior taking a huge fight on such short notice. He's fighting a more experienced fighter with bigger wins and if he wins this one he's going to be a giant.

If he wins this I fully expect he's going to become the biggest thing in MMA, and nearly as big a legend as Bruce Lee!

Up McGregor! Up the Dubs!
                                  I've not been an MMA fan but have been following Mcgregor, what if he loses this fight, mediocre career beckons or a way back?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                    Know nothing about MMA but quite surprised McGregor has taken such a fight so quickly. I thought he would have dined out on the last fight for a while, maybe taken a few more bankable fights and then stepped up to someone who could potentially beat him. Do the boxing type politics not play the same kind of role in MMA?

Opr
                                    Total guess here the man seems extremely confident in his own abilitys.
                                    He wants the limelight money and huge challenge now.

I have no clue how he will get on a normal person would do the few banker fights build up a tank- bankroll but Mcgregor is not normal.
                                    Any clue what happens if he loses?
                                    He has peoples attention now may as well milk it.

Comment

Comment

Go away and shite- he still hasn't fought a top 10 fighter in his division.

He is a phenomenal athlete but he's not a technically gifted fighter. He was getting lit up by punches and kicks by his opponent who was clearly a bum. I'm looking forward to a top class wrestler or striker teaching him and lesson and making him look like a talentless child.

He reminds me of the awkward athlete in AstroTurf soccer who thinks he's a talented player because he's playing against beer bellied opposition and he's a fit strong guy.

When he goes to play with with actual players he soon gets shown up for what he is - a great athlete but a useless player.
                                        Seems like last time you were looking to have taught a lesson?
                                        Now its up Mcgregor up the dubs? Bizarre.

Comment

I think it's great to see that he really does have massive confidence in his own ability, and it's not just for show. It'd be very easy for him to take a few more handy fights, milk his current rep and the 'potential' he has for a while before taking the step up.

There's clearly a lot of intent in taking this fight. No one would blame him for going the other route, and it's probably the 'smart' thing to do, but it's refreshing to see someone not happy with the 'smart/couldn't blame him for doing that' reputation, and really go for the 'I'm the fucking man/I'm the best and I'm not afraid' reputation. Definitely went up in my opinion.
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Opr
                                            Not at all, was always going to be a top 10 opponent after beating Brandao. Remember he was ranked 13 or so before the fight so not that big a step up. Getting onto this card and doing well is what is needed, underwhelming win against Brandao in a card on in Ireland wont have been massive for him in America. He has just had a year off as well so needs to keep the momentum going.

Lose 3 fights in a row and you're going to be in trouble keeping a contract with the UFC.

If he loses he fights another Brandao type, needs to win to get another shot at a top 10, rinse, repeat. If he wins the next one comfortable a top 5 fight should follow, then either a shot at the top contender for a shot at the belt or with the hype around him he might get a shot at the title and get destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                              I've not been an MMA fan but have been following Mcgregor, what if he loses this fight, mediocre career beckons or a way back?
                                              I guess if it's a good fight he'll get a rematch or one more chance at workin his way back up the ladder. If he takes a beating obviously his career will take a serious nose dive.

I can't multi quote but to the person who said they think it's bizarre that I'm singing mcg's praises after talking thrash about him on Saturday - look I had a few drinks and was pissed off about all the hype over nothing. It reminded me of Bernard dunne fights or prince nas fights back in the day where they were all big talk but gettin hand-picked opponents. Mcgregor is a phenomenal athlete and has a phenomenal work rate and I truly respect him. Look at him he's fuking ripped like a ninja!

Now he's taken this fight he's shown he's a warrior who wants to fight an not all lip- I could never hate a man who generate this amount of genuine excitement. This is his first UFC fight where he'll be underdog and I hope he knocks this guy out and keeps the excitement going all the way to a title fight- that'll be huge for martial arts internationally. He is a fukin boss and I can't wait till his fight in September.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  To follow up with a related question: it seems to be more acceptable to have a few losing matches in MMA than in boxing and still be considered a superstar?
                                                  I honestly don't know if this is the case but If this next lad he's fighting is the big leap that I'm lead to believe and he's not taking the easy route I can only commend him.

I initially first heard about him about 3 years ago and was intrigued by his attidude and will to win, he never had any doubt that he would be a UFC champion.
                                                  It all seems genuine aswell, he lives and breathes what he does for a living.

I hope every Irish sports fan gets behind him, he's an absolute joy and I really hope he becomes the biggest thing in the UFC.
                                                  Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 23-07-14, 00:11.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                    I honestly don't know if this is the case but If this next lad he's fighting is the big leap that I'm lead to believe and he's not taking the easy route I can only commend him.

I initially first heard about him about 3 years ago and was intrigued by his attidude and will to win, there was never had any doubt that he would be a UFC champion.
                                                    It all seems genuine aswell, he lives and breathes what he does for a living.

I hope every Irish sports fan gets behind him, he's an absolute joy and I really hope he becomes the biggest thing in the UFC.
                                                    This is why I love mcgregor- he's the embodiment of the term 'if you can dream it, you can do it' and every irish sports fan and every person with a sense of sporting romance needs to get behind this man.

Comment

Opr
                                                      Not nearly paid enough to dodge fights in MMA.

UFC is nothing like boxing, if you're on the train its choo choo.

Conor has mouthed off and is looking for this, the great thing is on his day he can beat anyone at featherweight. The bad thing is its not that simple.

He's going to be a PPV star though and if he wins the title within 2 years he will be THE PPV star.

Comment

This is why I love mcgregor- he's the embodiment of the term 'if you can dream it, you can do it' and every irish sports fan and every person with a sense of sporting romance needs to get behind this man.
                                                        You weren't a fan this time last week.

Comment

Opr
                                                          Yeah bohsman has it spot on.

After being out injured for a year he wanted to go straight back into training camp and kick on his career with a quick turnaround for this fight.

There's no nothing fights in the UFC really, you're always progressing up the ladder and most fights mean something. Lose a few and your getting cut or in some cases even boring winners can get cut.
                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

good game going in MLB, loads of runs and pitchers, coaches all being ejected

Comment

good night for MLB spread

LA Dodgers @ Pittsburgh - Total Runs @ 8.9

finished 19 runs

had world cup loss recouped following Nicnics tips in blog for open golf

FT in $1 3x earlier for $600 odd, small cash in other mtt and still going in another $1 3x

= best night punting/pokering in months

off fishing thurs and fri and hols in Achill Island sat for a week

so will be a big relaxed smile on my face

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                That new Jamie xx track is brutal though. Liked most of what he has done, but All Under One Roof Raving is awful.
                                                                Cheers - I really like that song but I can see where you are coming from

Comment

Is that fair thing still on in Bray, slides, carosels all that jazz?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                    Pretty sure the slides and carousels are still there. Not sure there's any Jazz though.

Comment

Chadley torched the place.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Yep, continues until first week in August.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Yep, continues until first week in August.
                                                                          You are like the IPB version of Kevmath, only nerdier obv and probably less of a hit with the females

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                            I see Conor McGregor vs Poirier is now confirmed for the Jones Gustafson rematch card at end of Sept. Should be good,
                                                                            [x] will be in be in Vegas on Fight Night

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                              [x] will be in be in Vegas on Fight Night

Solid brag that, you gonna try to get tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                You are like the IPB version of Kevmath, only nerdier obv and probably less of a hit with the females
                                                                                ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                  Solid brag that, you gonna try to get tickets?
                                                                                  I think so, not sure how impressed the boss will be though
                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Meh, when I was out there I asked one of the carneys when it was on till, and he muttered something about early August. So not really that surprising that I know.

But in general can't really argue with what you say.

Comment

Judging by C kids twitter there are a lot of 'the worst people' around at the moment, no I'm all for hating on everyone that isn't useful to me but he seems angry with the world

Comment

Meh, when I was out there I asked one of the carneys when it was on till, and he muttered something about early August. So not really that surprising that I know.

Although the pros put Kevmath in the main event this year for the auld bit of retweeting he does. He must suck a fair bit of balls in his down time

Comment

...

Comment

Zod's on fire on twitter. Started out attacking the various conspiracy theorists, but in a delicious twist he has now started developing conspiracy theories about conspiracy theorists. Too far down the rabbit hole dude!
                                                                                            Blocked Zod on all platforms after the original IPB football game before the poker in Barry's, he posted something like 'Midfield Status = Bossed', I don't even remember him having a touch, anyone that delusional is hard to listen to. I may let him back now, had forgotten about it really

Comment

...

Comment

Did you get your bulbs back Walter?
                                                                                                Cash money, no bulbs, but I will be seeking sweet sweet retribution from these scallywags, as I know most of them to see

Comment

Cash money, no bulbs, but I will be seeking sweet sweet retribution from these scallywags, as I know most of them to see
                                                                                                  Ship €20 over to Pokerstars: HornswaggleU while you are cash rich please.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

Read this as if you were asking a taxi driver the same question, and used "it" instead of "him" to describe the carney.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        Read this as if you were asking a taxi driver the same question, and used "it" instead of "him" to describe the carney.
                                                                                                        Cab drivers are the salt of the earth. At my peak I think I was the GOAT taxi driver. Also happy to say never gave into the temptation of 'bj instead of fare' offers. I was always to fond of cash

Comment

I think what some people forget about McGregor is how bad he actually was injured against Holloway. He had a potentially career ending injury mid fight, re-adjusted and still grinded his way to the win on the mat. I don't know how on earth he got through it. Holloway was getting knocked the fuck out otherwise.

He suffered an ACL tear, MCL strain and meniscus tear. That's pretty grim stuff. To come back from that and be in the shape of your life is amazing. The mental fortitude, heart and belief that this man has is infectious.

There's a great interview here with Ariel Helwani in advance of Brandao fight if you have an hour to spare: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/17...blin-mma-video Talks about life before his UFC shot, John Kavanagh, family and the hype he generates. Some great off the cuff quotes and a good insight into the guy's mindset.

Yes he does talk some crap at times but you have got to admire the man's belief and will to win. He's exactly where he wants to be with the Poirier fight. It will be his litmus test as a genuine title contender.

Comment

That's called the poor taste tax. It's pretty common.

No cover charge, shure yer makin' money.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-07-14, 11:27.

Comment

They must have been class pints
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Another UFC blow in question but I was wondering whether the roundhouse kicks McGregor was firing out at the start were very high variance? He definitely did 2 if not 3 and just seemed a potential dangerous move.

Comment

€2.50 for Crisps is pretty shocking.

Comment

Dan Bilzerian on the Howard Stern show yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RroWO3xeluw
                                                                                                                    Ike Haxton on the Joe Rogan podcast aswell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVqtXh7T1HY

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                      Another UFC blow in question but I was wondering whether the roundhouse kicks McGregor was firing out at the start were very high variance? He definitely did 2 if not 3 and just seemed a potential dangerous move.
                                                                                                                      You don't see that many knockouts from headkicks in general. A significant part of their use is to create openings in other areas. If an opponent thinks you'll never aim a kick at his head then he's got one less thing to think about, so when they're used it can be to potentially open up body shots (or obviously if timed correctly to connect and stop the fight)

Comment

Obv absorbing the 'free' live music cost into their consumables.
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Pints in my local 2.20, 330ml bottles 1.10 for the same stuff (Estrella or San Miguel), why would anyone buy pints? I just buy 2 bottles at a time. It goes up to 2.50 and 1.40 from June - Sept but no big deal.
                                                                                                                          I literally still chuckle and shake my head when I buy a round of drinks and get change from a tenner.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X