X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    surely 100% cotton is the way to go?

Athletes foot and all that! big sweaty woolly sock cant be good. Pennys all the way for me either way , always black always 3 quid for a five pack
    Do you ever cook socks?
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ooh I could be wrong it seems

V4V's other secret site says yes to wool

Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Do you ever cook socks?
        Elaborate
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Elaborate
          Read it again, and try to keep up :-)

Comment

Nice with rocket and prosciutto.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
              Read it again, and try to keep up :-)
              read now several times, prob something simple but after a bottle of vino its like looking for a needle in a haystack

pure dope i am
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

read now several times, prob something simple but after a bottle of vino its like looking for a needle in a haystack

pure dope i am
                Don't worry, I don't get it either and I don't consider myself a dope at all :-) I'm sure someone will enlighten us!

Comment

pure dope i am
                  Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  Don't worry, I don't get it either and I don't consider myself a dope at all :-) I'm sure someone will enlighten us!
                  Say it 3 times really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                    Don't go cookin any socks while you're waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                      Say it 3 times really quickly.
                      Don't go cookin any socks while you're waiting.
                      Ah fuck this wear flip flops
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

A club in London called Plastic People closed recently, two geniuses Four tet and Floating Points played at the last night and this is recording of the 6 hour set. Fantastic mix of everything funk soul disco house jazz hip hop etc

Tracklist here: http://www.mixesdb.com/w/2015-01-02_-_Floating_Points_%26_Four_Tet_@_Plastic_People_Closing_Party,_London Over the past 8 years or so we have had, along with Theo Parrish, the honour
                        airport, lol

Comment

Dante finds out about Veronica's past ... sexual doings. I'd like to think of myself as the one guy who's buying the baby diapers with his reaction, lol.

Comment

Ah fuck this wear flip flops
                            I think he is asking if your a sock cooker.

Comment

Official 4K Video for "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead Or AliveListen on Spotify - http://smarturl.it/DeadOrAlive_Spotify Listen on Apple Music - ...
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Do you ever cook socks?
                                Oh man, I was here in Calgary one week and everyone was commenting on my 'European' socks. Must admit, I do love a good fashionable sock.

Anyway, me and my mate had a good oul knees up, had a few beers and the like, back to his place at about 3 am bladdered. His missus not impressed but he fires up the BBQ so I go down to the basement to get meat from the freezer. Come up the stairs about 5 mins later and he is BBQ'ing my socks.

'ALBERTA... FIT IN OR FUCK OFF'.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

the imitation game is pretty good
                                  American sniper pretty good too
                                  Selma tomorrow night

Seems a year for 'true stories'

the hobbit movie was the usual drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                    the imitation game is pretty good
                                    American sniper pretty good too
                                    Selma tomorrow night

Seems a year for 'true stories'

the hobbit movie was the usual drivel.
                                    Yeah I reckon some of it was just made up too
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Been listening to a lot of Manu Chao lately, ever since discovering that Rolling Stone list. P E Esperanza is an awesome album, it's one long smooth multilingual bassing beat, Brazillian Portuguese, Spanish, French, Arabic, English. I've had it on loop since New Years Eve.

One tune in particular has caused a bit of a stir in the gaff, 'Papito', me, the missus and the bambito regularly bounce around the kitchen to it. It's become our tune.

I thought the lyrics were about a kid (Manu) growing up in a multilingual house, 'Ay Papito, Ay Mamita, la la la la...', all cozy and nice.

Googled it there.

Bout ridin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOuj7QbFBIw
                                      Nice music.

Reminds me of GUTS who I heard of in Skins of all shows!!

Haven't listened to it in a while, but La Bienheureux was my "golfing by myself" album once upon a time for ages. Similar vibe just from listening to the song you posted.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                        Nice music.

Reminds me of GUTS who I heard of in Skins of all shows!!

Haven't listened to it in a while, but La Bienheureux was my "golfing by myself" album once upon a time for ages. Similar vibe just from listening to the song you posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E7tEG_a9Ws
                                        Ah yeah.

That's pretty fucking great.

Cheers man.

Comment

Been watching old boxing fights and was wondering who was best Ali or Tyson ( both in prime)

I have to say Tyson as Ali was quick but had no guard with his hands very low a lot and Tyson with his (early days) peekaboo style and body punches to drop the guard and then boom, all with speed. Maybe Ali adapt to Tyson style but dont think he could cope.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This video is back from the dead after a long hiatus.Songs - D12 - Fight Music- Tupac - Realist Killaz- Saw 2 Theme - Don't Forget The Rules

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                            A club in London called Plastic People closed recently, two geniuses Four tet and Floating Points played at the last night and this is recording of the 6 hour set. Fantastic mix of everything funk soul disco house jazz hip hop etc

http://soundcloud.com/floatingpoints...eople-2-1-2015
                                            This is damned good.

Kicks off proper about an hour in.
                                            Last edited by BennyHiFi; 10-01-15, 02:15.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              This is damned good.

Kicks off proper about an hour in.
                                              It's brilliant, great bit of everything. First hour very chilled tho yeah, 2nd hour starts moving a bit some four tet and Floating points tunes. Love that Myrtle Avenue by floating points
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Been listening to a lot of Manu Chao lately, ever since discovering that Rolling Stone list. P E Esperanza is an awesome album, it's one long smooth multilingual bassing beat, Brazillian Portuguese, Spanish, French, Arabic, English. I've had it on loop since New Years Eve.

One tune in particular has caused a bit of a stir in the gaff, 'Papito', me, the missus and the bambito regularly bounce around the kitchen to it. It's become our tune.

I thought the lyrics were about a kid (Manu) growing up in a multilingual house, 'Ay Papito, Ay Mamita, la la la la...', all cozy and nice.

Googled it there.

Bout ridin

Come on dude this is their best

This was my anthem at 4am in uni.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                Oh yeah coke and party rock n rollers, well I'm sitting here on a Friday night educating myself on the merits of wool socks and where best to buy them. Edgy stuff.

I have never really thought about socks before. I buy cheap crap and put holes in them very quickly. Never thought about different materials. But I will be spending more times wearing socks without footwear in non-home environment over the next while. So sock buying is needed. Wool blends appears to be a good idea.

Does anyone who will admit to knowing anything about this feel like recommending a wool blend sock product and where to get them. Bearing in mind I am not out to impress the world with my socks, so "impactful" is not a chief criterion.
                                                debenhams

synthetic blend > wool. Sweaty as fuck + vegan agenda. Honestly good socks are amazing. I never wear shoes indoors.
                                                If you want to ever be edgy, get bamboo socks.
                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-01-15, 02:44.

Comment

Is anyone still watching Suits? Found season 3 seriously hard work and season 4 isn't much better. Louis Litt has turned into one seriously shit character. Feel like I should give up.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                    Is anyone still watching Suits? Found season 3 seriously hard work and season 4 isn't much better. Louis Litt has turned into one seriously shit character. Feel like I should give up.
                                                    I started watching it a couple of weeks ago, I got about 10 minutes into the second episode and quit.

Justified is back next week, if you haven't seen that you should get on it.

Comment

If Tyson didn't knock Ali out in the first few rounds (which he probably wouldn't), he'd be fucked.
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Suits is a horrible show. The bird in it makes it watchable for a bit. But the cheesiness and general shitness overpowers very soon
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Would you ride Angela Merkel?

Comment

Is that a trick question?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

So slow from India earlier. We could have had a real game on our hands otherwise

Comment

Cricket? At this hour you should state your sport, you haven't much of an audience
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  Is that a trick question?
                                                                  How would it be? Unless she had asked me to ask you and you said yes even though you weren't serious and then I went back to her and she was delighted and then you said you weren't serous and Angela is naturally embarrassed and is pissed off at me.

Comment

Could happen
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Happy sat morning

Sean dunne and gayle killilea next please

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        Come on dude this is their best

This was my anthem at 4am in uni.

He has a Brazilian version of it on Esperanza, it's so so cool, give it a listen.

Whats my page without El Charro??It´s a song about men, with my favorite Chao´s riddim

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                          I started watching it a couple of weeks ago, I got about 10 minutes into the second episode and quit.

Justified is back next week, if you haven't seen that you should get on it.
                                                                          Watched the first episode of that and quit a while ago. Didn't really seem like my kinda show. Can definitely see why someone would hate Suits though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                            I admire her progressive economic and social policies. Isn't that enough???
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              That's for you to answer. Do you stick it in and think of Michael?

Comment

Googled it there.

Bout ridin

his live album radio bemba sound system is also very good and a lot more up tempo, much closer to the sound of his first band mano negra which was much more agressive.

He also did a very little known album called Siberie m'etait conteee, which is much more "French" if that makes sense, and very subtle. well worth a listen.

One other thing he did, was produce an album for a very famous couple of blind malian singers called Amadou and Mariam. The album is called "Un dimanche a Bamako". It's very much African folk, but you'll hear manu chao all over it. It's undoubtedly very different to what you listen to generally, but after a couple of listens it becomes infectiously enjoyable.

if you want any of these, give me a shout and i can send them on to you.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  his live album radio bemba sound system is also very good and a lot more up tempo, much closer to the sound of his first band mano negra which was much more agressive.

He also did a very little known album called Siberie m'etait conteee, which is much more "French" if that makes sense, and very subtle. well worth a listen.

One other thing he did, was produce an album for a very famous couple of blind malian singers called Amadou and Mariam. The album is called "Un dimanche a Bamako". It's very much African folk, but you'll hear manu chao all over it. It's undoubtedly very different to what you listen to generally, but after a couple of listens it becomes infectiously enjoyable.

if you want any of these, give me a shout and i can send them on to you.
                                                                                  Cheers Shrap, that's great info, and real generous of you. I've just checked Google play music and they're there. Sweet, that's my weekend sorted. Thanks so much again for the offer.

Comment

That's for you to answer. Do you stick it in and think of Michael?
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He has a Brazilian version of it on Esperanza, it's so so cool, give it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHkvtCneBI

went to see them about 11 years ago in the point, worst gig I was ever at. I got invited by the missus 2 gay buddies who proceeded to strip down to their white vests and sweat splash me for about an hour Lovely lads but shite taste in music gigs.
                                                                                      Never thought I'd say it but MANU are shit. :-)

this has probably been posted. What a strange world we live in

Anonymous declares 'war' on jihadists in retaliation for Paris massacre with #OpCharlieHebdo

Last edited by SonofSolsks; 10-01-15, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        F*ck that, its the power that would attract me

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          But I will be spending more times wearing socks without footwear in non-home environment over the next while.
                                                                                          Sounds ominous

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                            Watched the first episode of that and quit a while ago. Didn't really seem like my kinda show. Can definitely see why someone would hate Suits though.
                                                                                            The first 7 or 8 episodes aren't great, once it hits season 2 it's fucking GOAT.

Rectify is another show everybody should watch.

Comment

After my laptop screen getting broke and February before I have the parts for it, Tony found me the bluetooth keyboard to go with my new Nexus 9. Picked it up via parcelmotel this morning. What a difference having a proper keyboard again

It really is a brilliabt wee thing and very responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                This. Thought it was a no brainer.

Comment

this is for you riggs

Belfast’s first crisp sandwich cafe will only open its doors on Monday but the founders have revealed that they have already been approached to recreate the magic in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    This. Thought it was a no brainer.
                                                                                                    There'd be no question of you ridin Angela, she'd be the one doin the ridin
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      There'd be no question of you ridin Angela, she'd be the one doin the ridin
                                                                                                      i think you are doing riggs a disservice. He's a ride himself
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
                                                                                                        this has probably been posted. What a strange world we live in

Anonymous declares 'war' on jihadists in retaliation for Paris massacre with #OpCharlieHebdo
                                                                                                        Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                          Been watching old boxing fights and was wondering who was best Ali or Tyson ( both in prime)

I have to say Tyson as Ali was quick but had no guard with his hands very low a lot and Tyson with his (early days) peekaboo style and body punches to drop the guard and then boom, all with speed. Maybe Ali adapt to Tyson style but dont think he could cope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-478QGV9pc
                                                                                                          Difficult to answer (well impossible) but to answer it we'd need to know when was Ali @ his Prime?
                                                                                                          His career was so much longer than Tyson's.
                                                                                                          I think Tyson would have beaten the older Ali, the one that beat Foreman. The younger one, prior to his suspension would have been harder to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Also in light of the new name of this thread I'd just like to point out that whilst having great sympathy for the plight of the French population as a whole this week "Je ne suis pas Charlie" as I am neither sectarian or racist which are the 2 ideals that the editorial team of said magazine danced to.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                Also in light of the new name of this thread I'd just like to point out that whilst having great sympathy for the plight of the French population as a whole this week "Je ne suis pas Charlie" as I am neither sectarian or racist which are the 2 ideals that the editorial team of said magazine danced to.
                                                                                                                nous ne sommes pas Charlie , mais vous savez , contre cette chose entière de meurtre . Cela étant dit , le magazine lui-même était genre de merde
                                                                                                                doesnt really have the same ring tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                  Yea, as a subscriber to Private Eye and a someone who loves writing and cartoons that have a sharp edge and a level of contempt for power, without being ever able to read the original, I have always had the feeling that the CH guys were operating at the Katie Hopkins level of trolling.

My thoughts are caught best by this tweet that PSV linked to yesterday

Comment

They mocked ridiculous beliefs. They weren't drawing Mo every week. The 'worst' cartoons which are being bandied about now were still very mild. Mostly they mocked Isis and their hypocrisy.
                                                                                                                    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Yea, as a subscriber to Private Eye and a someone who loves writing and cartoons that have a sharp edge and a level of contempt for power, without being ever able to read the original, I have always had the feeling that the CH guys were operating at the Katie Hopkins level of trolling.

My thoughts are caught best by this tweet that PSV linked to yesterday

so true.

Best french journal is the canard enchaine, which is much closer to private eye in its delivery. CH is pure trolling, but there is a place for it no doubt. As a whole it wasn't read by many but some of their drawings were much more widely distributed and were genius.

Saddest part in it all are the deaths of everyone of course but particularly the loss of Cabu and Wolinski, who were absolutely brilliant at their art, and did a hell of a lot more than just draw for CH.

Comment

Is Castro dead yet?
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          Cardiff showing the BIG heart
                                                                                                                          Meh only Munster sized

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X