This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    Impressed with the haircuts, wardrobe, settings and general production values. Pity it's so soon after Love/Hate, as it's difficult not to see the same actors in their previous roles.
    Pretty good thus far although not one of the pols has got a sympathetic portrayal yet. Pity they didn't do a Dail chamber showdown between Haughey and Fitzgerald for the 'flawed pedigree' speech. Hope they do some kind of Thatcher crushing Charlie scene too.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        The crushing that lead to the Anglo-Irish Agreement which favoured the Charlie side?
        The Teapot!

Comment

Only going from 1979 until he becomes Taoiseach apparently. Covering the "how I fucked over George Colley" section of the biography.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Spoiler Alert: Colley doesn't become Taoiseach
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Met a guy I probably haven't seen for 20 years this afternoon. He was at the panto with his two kids; Nelson and Otto. Heroic efforts to keep a straight face.
              Thats class tbf
              Pretty good thus far although not one of the pols has got a sympathetic portrayal yet. Pity they didn't do a Dail chamber showdown between Haughey and Fitzgerald for the 'flawed pedigree' speech. Hope they do some kind of Thatcher crushing Charlie scene too.
              I'm running 20 mins behind seems hes not so much channelling CJ as the Dermot Morgan impression of HawHee.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I'm running 20 mins behind seems hes not so much channelling CJ as the Dermot Morgan impression of HawHee.
                YouTube him. Pretty damn good imo

Comment

The Teapot!
                  LOL. there she blows.

Comment

Last time i checked CJ was a liver eating , Savile row shirt wearing cunt of the highest order, your typical Irish politician, wouldn't be wasting my time watching it tbh.

Only 35 mins into Pride and really enjoying it...took a while to realise it was Mcnulty queering it up.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

YouTube him. Pretty damn good imo
                      Don't need you tube

I meant it as a complement, Its all much better than I was expecting, moving very fast .the script feels a bit cramped.

Comment

Of interest to Stan maybe lol my uncle

Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                          Bet Dom is watching.
                          Darts. If it turns out Charlie is good I'll catch up.

Comment

Have charlie recording, worth a watch or is it just fancy dress impersonations? Fictional characters loosely based on the real people are the way to do this kind of thing, at least you have some artistic license then

Comment

Comment

David Moyes masterminds a defeat of Barcelona! Opposition scores a 2nd min OG and hold on for the win. Football genius.

Comment

Charlie very enjoyable imo.

Comment

Enjoyed Haughey, better than I expected. Agree with RD3, Gillen nailed the accent.

Highlight of the night though was the girl leading in Taylor in the darts !!!!

Comment

Haven't seen as many as in previous years. Think it has been a fairly mediocre year for films. My top 10 in no particular order.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Opr
                                      Last edited by Opr; 04-01-15, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        Have charlie recording, worth a watch or is it just fancy dress impersonations? Fictional characters loosely based on the real people are the way to do this kind of thing, at least you have some artistic license then
                                        I share your dislike for biopics and while this was all impersonations it was an entertaining romp through the highlights.

Comment

It just had to be played.

Listen to Small-town Boy Reprise 2014: http://georiot.co/SmalltownBoyListen to Jimmy Somerville - Best Of: https://ffm.to/bestof_jsSubscribe to Jimmy Somervi...
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                            Of interest to Stan maybe lol my uncle

Nice fish but a 'stockie'. I like 'em wild .

Comment

Just worked out Darts thread is the secret bbv. Feckers for keeping it secret all this time
                                              Sssssh

Comment

Those 419 scammers are getting craftier, nearly had me on this one...

Dear Winner

I m sure this email come's to you as a surprise but this is to Inform that you are one of the lucky winner in the Swiss lotto

Please kindly open the attach file and follow the procedure to claim your prize and please note this is not a virus or spam.

Thank you

Kenneth Gram

Comment

Just on 'Gone Girl' which I think had a fairly mixed reaction on here and I thought it was fantastic. It plays like a black comedy for large parts. Fincher himself has talked about the absurdity within the film. He uses the vehicle of the Channel 5 ridiculous thriller to talk about bigger things in a fun way.

SPOILER
                                                  The film for me in the main is all about image and roles we play. He also has lots to say about relationships. It plays with the idea of roles throughout. How Affleck is shown in the media after his departure, how he can manipulate this. The kind of man he's to get his wife. The roles she plays. The levels within levels of her public persona also being proceeded by this fictional character, Amazing Amy and how that distorts peoples views of her. The character she makes up in order to frame the husband. An attack on media in general showing how flippantly views change to suit a narrative. How that news sways mass opinion no matter how ridiculous.

It's all about roles, stories we tell ourselves, how we portray different things to different people. At its heart I think it's asking, who are we? Are we just the lies we tell ourselves and others? Shakespeare's '"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women are merely players. They have their exits and entrances, and one man in his time will play many parts...' comes to mind. Wonderfully subversive funny line which hits all this home when Affleck's character mentions he feels like he's in the middle of a Law and Order episode

Opr

Comment

That's a pretty big fish. I've seen bigger
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

withdrew 600 quid from Boyles this morning , dont think I was ever as well off after xmas in my life lol!

The girl in Boyles says " jeez you were busy last night ! "

Hope the luck in this house continues for 2015. Would love to bink a ticket for IO , I would be super dooper happy then!
                                                      I like the way she must know you well enough to know you didn't grind it up!. Any self respecting bloke would be taken aback with that remark!. Male punters like to portray a resilience and discipline!. We like them to believe thats just a fraction of our balance for fun and frolics.

Comment

Some serious throat lumpage and eye leakage after watching Pride.

What an amazing film.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

I recommended that two weeks ago! (and more importantly OPR had recommended it the week beforehand to less aclaim, but perhaps he lacks my gravitas).

It's such a ridiculous good movie.
                                                            On my big list of films to watch on my couple of weeks off coming up. Need to catch up, also on the list is Gone Girl, Get On Up, Imitation Game, Mr Turner,Nightcrawler, The Drop.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

You snubbed Nightcrawler OPR.
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Big touchdown, love the late playoff drama
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I recommended that two weeks ago! (and more importantly OPR had recommended it the week beforehand to less aclaim, but perhaps he lacks my gravitas).

It's such a ridiculous good movie.
                                                                  I have had it for the last 3 weeks, only getting around now to it...

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  On my big list of films to watch on my couple of weeks off coming up. Need to catch up, also on the list is Gone Girl, Get On Up, Imitation Game, Mr Turner,Nightcrawler, The Drop.
                                                                  Throw The Equaliser in there, well worth it if you liked Jack Reacher.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                      I have had it for the last 3 weeks, only getting around now to it...

Throw The Equaliser in there, well worth it if you liked Jack Reacher.
                                                                      Not seen either, will add to list!

Ah Tom Cruise, cant bring myself to watch that cunt. Thought Denzel gave up being in good movies?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

While searching for Unbroken i came across this, studio outtakes from the Darkness album as far as i can tell and unreleased stuff, 5 versions of racing in the streets can only be a good thing imo.

Downloading as i sleep, will treat my ears in the morning.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

LOL at 3e showing The Hangover and not showing the night before pics at the final credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            LOL at 3e showing The Hangover and not showing the night before pics at the final credits.
                                                                            Fucking just watched that and was annoyed, had to look them up for closure before bedtime

still a funny film despite all the shite that went on after

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              While searching for Unbroken i came across this, studio outtakes from the Darkness album as far as i can tell and unreleased stuff, 5 versions of racing in the streets can only be a good thing imo.

Downloading as i sleep, will treat my ears in the morning.
                                                                              I thought you were talking about the band The Darkness till I clicked in to check.

Comment

Early bird bonus on IPB. Cheap rake in poker games and kitchens.

Comment

Good morning winners cockadoodledo.

Stolen from our own Hectorjelly: 'An argument breaks out in a body building forum about how many days are in a week: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107926751'

These lads seem primed for some lotto strat.

Comment

I have a one plus one invite if anyone wants it, looks like there are three actually
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I have a one plus one invite if anyone wants it, looks like there are three actually
                                                                                      sounds like you have two there?

Comment

Depressing day ahoy! Back to the grind and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                          ugh

*googles holidays in Feb 2015
                                                                                          Pulling the trigger on March and end of July vacations this week. Feels weird to be booking so early.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                            Pulling the trigger on March and end of July vacations this week. Feels weird to be booking so early.
                                                                                            April and July for me. Flights are dirt cheap at the min. Lanzarote only 160 ish pp and tenerife for July was only 650 ish for three of us
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

On the early booking boredom over the weekend too

Booked Paris in Feb, Brussels and Malaga for may.

Comment

Its so bad seeing your marriage crumble. Guess I was the only one seeing it go. Its 100% not my wife but rather my beautiful daughter I feel I've failed. I know its relatively common in other countries (and indeed my own parents took advantage of the opportunity), but...
                                                                                                Regardless of what happens with your marriage, your daughter will always be your daughter. Marriage failure doesn't automatically mean failure as parent.

GL.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  After almost two weeks of fulltime childcare, today is a great day!

Comment

It's funny how break ups are most often seen as sad, tragic events when so often it is clearly +EV for everybody involved to start afresh.

I think we all know a couple where both would benefit from a break up but nether have the balls to pull the trigger. What is sad and tragic is watching them suck the joy of being alive out of each other as the relationship festers on.
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yeah, merely mindset. Good times were had, cherish them for what they were. Learn from mistakes,go create more good times.

Comment

Oh yea Micknail won't be posting anymore. He said it was him or poprock.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah, merely mindset. Good times were had, cherish them for what they were. Learn from mistakes,go create more good times.
                                                                                                        Chin up, Easter soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                          It's funny how break ups are most often seen as sad, tragic events when so often it is clearly +EV for everybody involved to start afresh.

I think we all know a couple where both would benefit from a break up but nether have the balls to pull the trigger. What is sad and tragic is watching them suck the joy of being alive out of each other as the relationship festers on.
                                                                                                          My sister split from her husband of 20 years a few months back. It's tough for all concerned but if people aren't happy it's really the only solution. At least her kids are older (youngest is 15) but it's never an easy process.

Comment

My PO never got processed so an extra day at hone for me.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Only 5 days to go. Don't be left on the shelf like a sad divorcee, commit yourself to the IPB Premier League Predictions Competition.

Details here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                Oh yea Micknail won't be posting anymore. He said it was him or poprock.

Chin up, Easter soon.
                                                                                                                I'm loving life right now m8, 8/8.

Mmm chocolate eggs do make things better in all cases.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Only 5 days to go. Don't be left on the shelf like a sad divorcee, commit yourself to the IPB Premier League Predictions Competition.

Details here.
                                                                                                                  http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...2&postcount=82
                                                                                                                  At least 4 (four) participants confirmed so far (assuming AJ plays). Any that don't play are afraid to challenge my clear superiority in the game obviously, as double reigning champion.

Comment

I might take one actually.

Battery in my HTC one is gone to shit.

Comment

At least 4 (four) participants confirmed so far (assuming AJ plays). Any that don't play are afraid to challenge my clear superiority in the game obviously, as double reigning champion.
                                                                                                                      I lost interest in the last one after a few rounds. So for that reason I'm out of this one. Congrats on your recent victory. Spend it wisely.

Comment

That Liverpool thread on boards must be the most tilting read on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                          I might take one actually.

Battery in my HTC one is gone to shit.
                                                                                                                          Send me your email and I'll send one on
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X