Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the low points of Irish political life over the last few years.http://www.spireproductions.ie/https://www.facebook.com/spireproductionsFootage origin...

Comment

Found my Christmas reading:

if it's anywhere near as good as In Europe, 'twill be mighty altogether
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Same day flights have to be booked at the desk
        Lies. Missed a flight home from Oz last Jan and booked another in a hugely fearful state about 10 hours before I actually departed.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Serial Finale is up.

Comment

@flushdraws, dunno if Lewis knows there is an update for Minecraft (xbox) and Mia is screaming with delight , she says microsoft are the best as they have added everything that was on the pc to the xbox version..
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Two bold statements in one day.
              It must be his ultracrepidarianism day

Comment

Ne ultra crepidam judicaret
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                  @flushdraws, dunno if Lewis knows there is an update for Minecraft (xbox) and Mia is screaming with delight , she says microsoft are the best as they have added everything that was on the pc to the xbox version..
                  Thanks Michelle, he says he knows though. He has not been playing it much. He always played on the laptop and he says he hasn't liked it as much since MS took over.

Comment

tech help required;

When I open a new tab I sometimes get what looks like chinese writing on top of screen and have to log off browser ( firefox) and log in again so its gone and I can navigate again.

Anyone any idea what is causing it. I have protection, done scans and cleaning

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Serial:

SPOILER
                      I have to admit I have been engrossed by this. Despite the outcome being pretty obvious from the beginning, and despite not really expecting much in a way of finality I stil found the whole case and surrounding issues hugely interesting.

Everyone in this story is dodgy as hell and of course that might not be unique to just this case, after all, this case and Koenigs investigation will obviously suffer from some sensationalism because of the profile, Koenigs profession and the format but with that in mind...christ, no ones comes out looking well. Adnan, Jay, Gutierrez, Ulrich, the police, no one. Everyone is dodgy, everyone has skeletons.

I think Adnan was likely guilty, I couldn't convict however. Dana put it most correctly for me. He would have to be the most unlucky kid in the world for that series of events that led to his conviction to occur if he was innocent. That's not really what I took from the whole series though.

What fascinated me was the sheer amount of luck, variance or just plain old incompetence from all sides. SO many things could have been done differently, or have different meanings and lead to different paths. I started daydreaming while listening and though if someone close to me had been murdered an I was fingered and forensically examined how some of my utterly innocuous behaviour could lead to entirely different conclusions by inept and illogical prosecutors or defenders. That tenacity seemed to win out over logic and investigation and probability.

Lastly, I shudder to think how fundamentally wrong the system is in America. Firstly that he as able to be convicted on a case so weak and submerged in reasonable doubt, but more importantly that a 17 year old was sent away for LIFE, and life means life in Maryland. Governor approval needed for Parole.

Part of me wants to say, he probably guilty and therefore deserves it, and tries to understand the hurt and pain on Hae's family and from a holistic and fatalistic point of view, 'fuck him'.

But realistically... there is no way, no way at all, he should have been convicted on the case presented, and further there is no way imo that he should die in prison.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Thinking I had it tough having to walk to the fitz from batchelors walk rounding college green a crowd and a fire brigade clogged the street . It appeared two people were restraining a rough looking man. On second glance the mans arm was at an impossible angle and possibly impaled on the guard railing He was either unconscious or dead two guys were holding him upright. If. A word exists for feeling better about yourself cos of others misery I'd like to know it. Stay tuned next month for more uplifting tales of city adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                          Thinking I had it tough having to walk to the fitz from batchelors walk rounding college green a crowd and a fire brigade clogged the street . It appeared two people were restraining a rough looking man. On second glance the mans arm was at an impossible angle and possibly impaled on the guard railing He was either unconscious or dead two guys were holding him upright. If. A word exists for feeling better about yourself cos of others misery I'd like to know it. Stay tuned next month for more uplifting tales of city adventures.

Comment

@Emmett I sent a transferwise invite to your gmail
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Show about how Apple's subcontractors exploit workers on BBC1 now.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                Show about how Apple's subcontractors exploit workers on BBC1 now.
                                Sounds like must watch TV.

Comment

What's best to watch tonight.

Under the Skin, Gone Girl or The Guest?

Comment

I must go, my city needs me.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Oh no we're going to make this happen. You just needed a bit of help
                                      Havve you pimped it on your twitter yet?

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Most intellectual night crew ramblings of all time perhaps?
                                      Fairly standard imo.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Watch Gone Girl FD, Under the Skin is interesting and havent got round to The Guest. lol at all the women folk on facebook giving out about it

Am giving Lucy a spin at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Am giving Lucy a spin at the moment.

Stop now it's gash.

Comment

I enjoyed Lucy.

Currently on the second episode of 'The affair'. The way in which the story is told from the different angles is pretty cool. Interesting enough so far with a good cast.

Opr

Comment

Subject selection in the final round of pointless is Lolbad by even the smartest contestants.

I'm now so adept at the remote control that can watch a 40 minute episode in 15 minutes without missing a question.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                Stop now it's gash.
                                                It was improved even more so by not having the subs for the korean bits. Skipped thru most of it.

Finished work today til 5th Jan, winning

Comment

The shorter programs on TV are the better ones currently.
                                                  High maintenance, Alpha house , Louis and Enlightenment were some of the best best things on TV this year.

Laura Dern and Mike White did superb job with Enlightenment.

Comment

Got a message from dropbox telling me my 3g of free space they gave me as part of purchasing my HTC phone ( yrs ago) is about to expire. Dont want to lose all my pics. where can I transfer them to for free? be fucked if i am paying 9.99 per month lols! gtfo!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

To BBV

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Alone performed by Heart.Follow HeartInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/heartofficialTwitter: https://twitter.com...

Comment

Got a message from dropbox telling me my 3g of free space they gave me as part of purchasing my HTC phone ( yrs ago) is about to expire. Dont want to lose all my pics. where can I transfer them to for free? be fucked if i am paying 9.99 per month lols! gtfo!
                                                        google drive?
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just seen the hobbit in the cinema. Really seems like the end of an era when you combine them with LOTR. Have to say I really enjoyed it all when taking everything into into account.

I know some people found it a bit disappointing but LOTR set an unbelievably high benchmark which the hobbit just simply can't live up to, kinda like star wars (very loose comparsion).

If people take it on it's own merits and stop comparing it to LOTR, I think they would enjoy it a lot more. I think the criticism is a bit OTT!

tr:dr Hobbit rocks!
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            I'm now so adept at the remote control that can watch a 40 minute episode in 15 minutes without missing a question.
                                                            Pity you're not as adept at climbing down wells.

Comment

Anyone else experiencing problems on the Boyle Poker Blog page? It's strange. A couple of times on my laptop it's flagged it as a virus or something and today and yesterday on my phone, it popped up with some sort of police warning that I couldn't close, trying to extort money from me.

Comment

That's just Megatron having a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                  Anyone else experiencing problems on the Boyle Poker Blog page? It's strange. A couple of times on my laptop it's flagged it as a virus or something and today and yesterday on my phone, it popped up with some sort of police warning that I couldn't close, trying to extort money from me.
                                                                  Same for me.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

sound like the site has been compromised (assuming it's just that site) and trying to inject malware onto your system when viewing.
                                                                    nasty shits
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pity you're not as adept at climbing down wells.
                                                                      Sorry. I will get back to it this weekend.

Comment

Chuggers are at epidemic levels in town. Christmas me hole.

Comment

Chuggers are at epidemic levels in town. Christmas me hole.
                                                                          I'll just have to get a car straight to Saison for lunch rather than walk through town so, can't be having them ruin the vibe before I partake in some Christmas Cheer
                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                            I'll just have to get a car straight to Saison for lunch rather than walk through town so, can't be having them ruin the vibe before I partake in some Christmas Cheer
                                                                            You will not be disappointed although the quantity of meat provided may not be at Rio levels

Comment

You will not be disappointed although the quantity of meat provided may not be at Rio levels
                                                                              What was Rio like. Looking for a venue for our lads dinner in January.
                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

He's so guilty.

Comment

On a somber note, regarding the pregnant woman who's been kept alive, and Hitch's suggestion that no other country are keeping women alive as incubators..

This actually happened only a year ago
                                                                                    Such a horrific, horrific situation.

Though experts recommend no life support if not at least 24 weeks...
                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 19-12-14, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      It was probably something he ate, French are notorious undercookers.
                                                                                      I was giving him an out

Comment

Zuroph is some lad for winning comps. this is fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rBPjsgC8E
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

SatNav, how did you get on with the cheeses? I'm thinking about getting a cheese board for xmas/stephens day. Would they do the job? How did Doms suggestion work out?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                            SatNav, how did you get on with the cheeses? I'm thinking about getting a cheese board for xmas/stephens day. Would they do the job? How did Doms suggestion work out?
                                                                                            Nobody is touching those cheeses! They are for xmas lol. However last night I made up a plate of normal chedder with serrano, chorizo , sun dried tomatoes , olives . crusty bread with a fancy olive oil dripping off it and it was fucking fab!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              He's so guilty.
                                                                                              As said before. There was never gonna be any different outcome and whilst it wasn't great the last few weeks i still enjoyed it and will miss it. Was a nice break from my usual sports / Burr podcasts on the commute.

Comment

Anyone sweating on deliveries from Parcel Motel.

Could be (more of) a PR disaster for them.

Comment

Thats me done until the 6th

Comment

Got all these if someone wants a go
                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 19-12-14, 14:54.

Comment

Interesting take on Serial from Think Progress

What I don't get is why no one has been allowed spell out that there is no possibility that someone other than Jay or Annan is responsible for her murder.

Comment

What sort of shop should I go for a basic magnifying glass?

Comment

do passports arrive by normal post or registered post? Can't seem to find an answer on the passport website.
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...I hope it's just a Kris kindle present and not for yourself...

Comment

Got Gaslight Anthem tickets, anybody else going along?

Support the artist:http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/Tracklist:Great Expectations [0:00]The '59 Sound [3:05]Old White Lincoln [6:15]High Lonesome [9:38]Film N...

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                On this, been using London City Airport a lot recently and it has to be the nut airport.
                                                                                                                Details? Heard a few people mention something similar recently.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

You really are taking advantage of your new found broadband speeds.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                The shorter programs on TV are the better ones currently.
                                                                                                                High maintenance, Alpha house , Louis and Enlightenment were some of the best best things on TV this year.

Laura Dern and Mike White did superb job with Enlightenment.
                                                                                                                Think I gave that 2-3 episodes and ditched it, didn't like the feel of it.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Nobody is touching those cheeses! They are for xmas lol. However last night I made up a plate of normal chedder with serrano, chorizo , sun dried tomatoes , olives . crusty bread with a fancy olive oil dripping off it and it was fucking fab!
                                                                                                                  If I put that up in front of my family or hers I'd either get slapped or kicked out or both! It does sound savage though sso might try it cos herself loves all the Italian stuff. Will stick with cheese and crackers for the rest of the culchies.

Comment

Zuroph is some lad for winning comps. this is fantastic!
                                                                                                                    Good for him, no longer the lovelorn magician.

Comment

At a guess i would assume an opticians ?
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                        At a guess i would assume an opticians ?
                                                                                                                        Was thinking that alright, but reckoned there'd be likely be a cheaper option?

Comment

This is a really cool and useful device but I cant wrap my head around how it is doing it

Patended mooring boat hook available through Robship. Jukin Media Verified (Original)* For licensing / permission to use: Contact - licensing(at)jukinmediado...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X