This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
    Think they are allowed to get a special loan if they want? Seem to remember city availing of this a few years ago...
    Originally posted by Iago View Post
    The issue is that you can only have 1 fit keeper on the books before they will allow you an emergency loan.

Newcastle bought another keeper from Notts Forest and loaned him back to Forest for the season as part of the deal with no option to recall him.

As far as the FA are concerned they therefore have 2 fit keepers. The 17 year old, and the one who will be playing for Forest at the weekend
    yeah according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30526896"]this article, they're technically not eligible to sign an emergency keeper. My guess would be they'll end up being allowed. I think from the neutral's pov, it'd be cool if they weren't allowed. A 17 year old kid playing in goals in the biggest game of the year has some great potential.
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Probably wrong about this but wasn't city in the same boat though at the time? Memory is hazy but seem to recall Hart was out on loan to Birmingham at the time they had the injury problem.
      yeah you're right. According to that BBC article though, you're only allowed sign an emergency keeper if you have one fit keeper on the books. Currently the 17 year old and the Nottingham Forest keeper are both fit and technically on the books. Wthout being too synical, you'd wonder could they be faking a minor injury with Alnwick in order to be allowed sign someone.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Some cliffnotes on the Sony/PRK story would be welcome, seems to have completely passed me by. Was inclined to think it was an elaborate publicity stunt for the film, seems increasingly unlikely though.
        Also why have Cuba and USA become BFFs all of a sudden, is it tied to anything else going on in the world (I'm intrigued that Russia appears to have fallen into financial chaos so quickly).

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Most intellectual night crew ramblings of all time perhaps?
          that CHD guy was just holding us back

just kidding, love u CHD, please come back
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I miss CHD from here too, the quality of his posting increased dramatically this year imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Some cliffnotes on the Sony/PRK story would be welcome, seems to have completely passed me by. Was inclined to think it was an elaborate publicity stunt for the film, seems increasingly unlikely though.
              Also why have Cuba and USA become BFFs all of a sudden, is it tied to anything else going on in the world (I'm intrigued that Russia appears to have fallen into financial chaos so quickly).
              A timeline here 're the sony story. They are victims of a hack

Here is a timeline of how the devastating Sony cyber attack unfolded from Day One to present. We will continue to update as it evolves.

This cumulated in sony cancelling the release of The Interview yesterday.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The pope apparently
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                  I think given the initial shock associated with the situation, it's very difficult for a family to see the larger picture, they'll only see the immediate horror of seeing their dead relative as some sort of incubator and not treated as a human.
                  However that being said, I think it's a decision that is for the greater good. Clearly they feel the chance of a full term is high, otherwise they wouldn't pursue it, especially given the potential public backlash.
                  The chance of a full term is low, but there is a chance. Legally, the unborn child has a right to life equal to the mother's. Since the mother has zero chance of survival, the doctors are obliged to do what they can to save the child.

Interestingly, if we repeal the 8th amendment the parents would be allowed to terminate this pregnancy as the next of kin - even against the wishes of the father.

Again for any of us to say what is right or wrong is just impossible to say.
                  Ehhh... no. There are certainly grey areas, but there are definitely rights and wrongs. Some people are just plain wrong, and need to be told so.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Obama is cementing himself as the most underrated president of all time. Also there is a huge ethnic cuban population in Florida, a key swing state in the presidential elections. He is securing the presidency for Elizabeth Warren imo.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Obama is cementing himself as the most underrated president of all time. Also there is a huge ethnic cuban population in Florida, a key swing state in the presidential elections. He is securing the presidency for Elizabeth Warren imo.
                      I was thinking of that actually as I was wondering how much the change was due to Obama. It does seem like he achieved a lot in his time in office but I actually don't know how popular he is with the American people...
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I was thinking of that actually as I was wondering how much the change was due to Obama. It does seem like he achieved a lot in his time in office but I actually don't know how popular he is with the American people...
                        Yeah they pretty much all hate him at this point. He managed to do all he right things and make nobody happy. LOL partisan politics.

Comment

Would this move actually play well with the Cuban immigrants though?
                          Presumably these would be people who hated the Castro regime so much that they endured plenty of hardship to escape it. Surely many would be annoyed at the Democrats suddenly deciding that Havana isn't so bad after all.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                            Clearly they feel the chance of a full term is high
                            When if first read the Indo article referenced by Hitch I could have swore it said the probability of the foetus surviving was very low. Any body else read this? It has since been removed or I have gone mad.

In any case society should have no say in what happens to a foetus until society can support the foetus without the mother.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Would this move actually play well with the Cuban immigrants though?
                              Presumably these would be people who hated the Castro regime so much that they endured plenty of hardship to escape it. Surely many would be annoyed at the Democrats suddenly deciding that Havana isn't so bad after all.
                              If all goes according to plan, they'll be able to visit their families. Even if they'll have to avoid criticising Castro while there for fear of being arrested, that's still massive.

Comment

Do any Americans ever ditch capitalism to move to Cuban or is just a one way train?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                  Does Gillian Anderson annoy anyone else. Really hate her over serious personality in everything
                                  Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                  She can be annoying as she wants, I still would.
                                  This
                                  Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                  You are incorrect
                                  Yea she's really very good but what was surprising was how awful John Lynch was in it. I thought he used to be a good actor In this he dragged it to Fair City levels every time he was on screen.
                                  I don't understand why they made a second series when all they were doing was dragging out what should have been two final episodes of the first series.
                                  I did quite admire the way they
                                  SPOILER
                                  kept him in custody for the whole of the last episode and avoided the chase sequence, even if you could see the last scene coming from a mile off
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Obama stealing this guy's idea IMO

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Wait what's with CHDs absence. Did he do something wrong?
                                              Caught out acting the cunt so stormed Off. He will be back
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Made the mistake of returning to the restaurant I got sick in yesterday. Had an awkward moment where they remembered me for insisting on paying a bill even though I hadn't ordered anything. Ah drinking. Feel in that remorseful state where the benefits of drinking are vastly outweighed by the costs
                                                Have you considered not drinking to embarrassing levels while travelling/trying to further your career?

Is this getting sick a new addition to your drinking sprees? I don't recall it being such a regular occurrence?

Comment

Made the mistake of returning to the restaurant I got sick in yesterday. Had an awkward moment where they remembered me for insisting on paying a bill even though I hadn't ordered anything. Ah drinking. Feel in that remorseful state where the benefits of drinking are vastly outweighed by the costs
                                                  I find a gin & tonic helps in these scenarios.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 18-12-14, 12:29.

Comment

He is securing the presidency for Elizabeth Warren imo.
                                                            Warren is completely unelectable. In fact, if you dug up Nixon's rotting corpse and ran it against Warren, he would win in a landslide.

You're making the classic mistake of viewing US politics through a Euro-liberal prism.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Warren is completely unelectable. In fact, if you dug up Nixon's rotting corpse and ran it against Warren, he would win in a landslide.

You're making the classic mistake of viewing US politics through a Euro-liberal prism.
                                                              Mostly I just enjoy making bold statements.

Comment

Comment

Comment

He's not actually banned though? We don't ban people on here, thought that's our rule given the whole initial exodus being driven by Lloyd's ban
                                                                    No, he's not banned. He got into a spat with Danny and then decided to take his ball and go home.

Comment

Reminds me of a night out years ago. Four of us ended up in Gigs Place about 4am, one a bit worse for wear. About halfway through his grub he bolts upright & I know he's gonna spew. Instead of directing him upstairs we point him like a missile straight through the kitchen door at the bottom of the stairs (if anyone has been, they'll know its quite small) and he erupts all over the grub that was waiting to go out. Que chaos.

Anyway he wakes up the next morning completely oblivious to what happened so we decide to hide his jacket on him. Once he cops its missing we all come to the conclusion he must have left in in Gigs. He stills seems to have completely forgotten what happened so we leave him off with his plan to pop in later that night to see if he can retrieve it. He was not met with a polite reception that night.

Comment

The whole abortion / letting the woman die case is just so bizarre but as said by many already just a result of crapppy trying please everyone legislation.

I have no idea what the family want and if they want to keep her alive than fair enough but I can't see how a more than sufficient argument to block turning off the machines can't and wont be made.

I won't agree with the idea, the moral, that the rights of the family are tottally disregarded but as a point of law I would presume that the baby will be brought to term.

The horrible part is that I would bet that someone on here will know who the family is within the week if not already as Ireland is such a small country. This whole case will now be conducted with the parents getting pressured by both sides and tormented afterwards by dickheads.

I wonder if pre legislation change if the consultant in charge just let the machines be turned off and said nothing and nobody on staff was interested in ratting them out to the press.
                                                                        Last edited by RichieM; 18-12-14, 13:52.

Comment

It's a horrible situation for all involved. I'm not sure what I would do if was the doctor, but something along the lines of 'the switch for the machine is over there, I am now stepping outside for a moment' gives the family the opportunity to fulfill their wishes, although could they then suffer legal issues surrounding euthanasia/murder of an unborn child?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            It's a horrible situation for all involved. I'm not sure what I would do if was the doctor, but something along the lines of 'the switch for the machine is over there, I am now stepping outside for a moment' gives the family the opportunity to fulfill their wishes, although could they then suffer legal issues surrounding euthanasia/murder of an unborn child?
                                                                            100%. Doctor & Family. 8th Amendment & more particularly the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act.
                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 18-12-14, 14:15.

Comment

The getting sick though is a new thing. That's three times in about five days vs previously about none in multiple years
                                                                              Your gut is telling you it needs a 6 month break from booze and such

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                Your gut is telling you it needs a 6 month break from booze and such
                                                                                It was probably something he ate, French are notorious undercookers.

Comment

It was probably something he ate, French are notorious undercookers.
                                                                                  True that. The booze is probably the only thing keeping Hitch alive. Should actually switch to absinthe in order to thoroughly cleanse the stomach area.

Comment

Mostly I just enjoy making bold statements.
                                                                                    I cannot relate to this at all

Comment

1,2

Comment

Is it currencyfair that the BBV collective recommends for sending money to different countries?

Comment

Whats the story with EBay charging import duties when you buy shit through them?

How do I go back to just taking my chances?

Comment

Only used it once and haven't tried any other options but seemed to save a bit.

referral code for a free transfer:
                                                                                            Cheap, fast, secure international money transfers - up to 8 times cheaper than a typical bank. Exchange money on your terms with CurrencyFair.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              Is it currencyfair that the BBV collective recommends for sending money to different countries?
                                                                                              Transferwise. Let me know if you're signing up as I'm only a few invites away from a free ÂŁ50.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                ..referral code for a free transfer:
                                                                                                https://www.currencyfair.com/?channel=RI5UO1
                                                                                                Transferwise. Let me know if you're signing up as I'm only a few invites away from a free ÂŁ50.
                                                                                                Who's gonna dance for their shekels?

Have to get access to my Irish account first, forgot there was money in it. (And apparently has earned interest over the 4 last years)

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

How do I go about booking a flight home though? Presumably just go to the Aer Lingus desk?
                                                                                                        skyscanner / google flights.

Possibly cheaper to fly with not Aer Lingus.

Comment

So glad I was too busy last night/ today to weigh in on this other than a quick comment about Peter Sutherland.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

How do I go about booking a flight home though?
                                                                                                            Says the man posting on the internet.

Comment

Same day flights have to be booked at the desk

Comment

Not true. I booked a flight home from London online this morning and was in Dublin airport 4 hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                  Not true. I booked a flight home from London online this morning and was in Dublin airport 4 hours later.
                                                                                                                  Fair enough. Used to be that way.

Comment

Two bold statements in one day.

Comment

It's more expensive to book at the desk too.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Whats the story with EBay charging import duties when you buy shit through them?

How do I go back to just taking my chances?

Not sure there is much of a way back. I've pretty much stopped using ebay because of it

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                          On this, been using London City Airport a lot recently and it has to be the nut airport.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X