This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    Anyone who actually goes to those public protests is clearly a fucking weirdo let's be honest.
    The French do it better imo

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      [/B]

link?
      Final is on tonight from 5pm www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_noob
      Also doors open in the Odessa from 4 in Dublin

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
      Most of them probably arent sports either, such as poker maybe.

Its watching people playing a computer game, I enjoy playing games myself but I have no interest in watching other people playing them but as I said whatever floats your boat.
      Fair enough if you don't like it, there will be a large section of people that don't like any particular thing. However to say something like that is like saying you saw some lad kicking a football in a park and don't understand how anybody could enjoy the world cup.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      It seems like such an unhealthy persuit to be glamourising the way they are though. I can only imagine how many kids lives are being ruined trying chase this dream that I'm guessing only a tiny % achieve.

Waaaay more open to judgement than physical sports.
      How so? It could be said of anything from acting to football.
      Many people in football nearly make it and end up in their mid twenties with no education, used to living in hotels, not to mention people that get nowhere in any of these areas. People I know have dropped out of school to be anything to footballers to wrestlers. Children will always want something hard to achieve and that's good imo.

In gaming people have successful careers outside it also. For instance somebody who won this tournament last year owns and runs his own successful company and is in his early 20s.

I don't know why it's more open to judgement? Especially as it's not a niche thing any more, maybe for old people but these days everybody is a casual gamer and more people are professionals, which is rapidly increasing.
      If you think people see it as unhealthy, people sponsor teams and give them houses to live in with gyms, activities, chefs for diet and so on which there are stories about etc.

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
      any comparisons with the poker boom?

read: is there any way to profit on this explosion?
      I guess making merchandise or in game items. One person I know of bought a house just from designing an in game item.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Is it basically just ufc on a PC? Where is the cash derived from?
      Cash for the players or the company or? If it's the company, they made 50 milion+ for hosting this tournament. It's the same as anything, sponsorship, merchandise, tickets.

Players are sponsored by all big companies, Red bull etc. They have salaries, flights, accom, expense paid for.

The money for the prizepool was paid by the people watching it. There was a $10 interactive item you could buy to enhance viewing, fantasy leagues, special rewards for watching and so on. From each of these sole $2.50 went to the tournament, $7.50 went to the organizer (millions of these sold). Money is also made from advertising on the streams, you have millions of people watching a link on the net.

In game items are huge, players have their own ones, so do normal people and valve.
      it's also started to be shown on tv. (this is some of it from espn yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuqBo1Rj1U )
      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-07-14, 10:05.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          I purchased a bottle of Oxley Gin in Malaga airport yesterday evening. I have never heard of it but at €55 a bottle, pretty sure it is the most expensive gin I have ever seen, it better live up to its own hype. A bit of googling tells me they produce just 240 bottles of it per day.

Oxley Gin set out to change the world of gin as we know it, creating Oxley Gin and inventing our pioneering cold distillation process.

SPOILER

"The natural essences from the botanicals?" You got played, my friend.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Emmet if you are watching for the first time, have a read of the basics too, guide to watching made 2 years a go, little out of date but general idea.

Probably too much reading, noob stream will help haha. Well watching the documentary OPR linked would probably be fine.
            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-07-14, 10:14.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Jesus Christ. Burke is some knacker.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Bernard Brogan actually looks horrified there.

Not a single word of complaint from the Dubs either. How Jim Gavin didn't tell Mick O'Dowd to cop himself on after screaming about biting is beyond me.

Comment

Throw both of the teams out of the competition IMO
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Not a single word of complaint from the Dubs either. How Jim Gavin didn't tell Mick O'Dowd to cop himself on after screaming about biting is beyond me.
                      Great guns on O Gara
                      He is getting fish hooked badly and if he did bite a stray finger self defnece surely.
                      Was he supposed to open his mouth wider so Burke could get a better grip?

Comment

You honestly think Brogan would be horrified by that??? That type of shit happens in 4/5 matches imo.

I can actually see O'Gara getting a ban from this, mostly because its the 3rd time an accusation has come out about players doing it and the GAA will want to cut it out.

The big question is, if someone sticks their finger into your mouth (which it looks like he is doing - can't be 100% sure though) then is it fair game to bite that finger??

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          The big question is, if someone sticks their finger into your mouth (which it looks like he is doing - can't be 100% sure though) then is it fair game to bite that finger??
                          I do think Brogan looks horrified by it yeah. Not at the fight but at the viciousness of the fishhook.

Given the grip Burke has on O'Gara's jersey I can't see any reason for him to stick his hand in O'Gara's face unless he's trying to fishhook him or eye-gouge him. Don't think O'Gara has too much control over his body position at that point either so it's not as if he goes to bite him.

I don't think it's fair game to bite someone but, frankly, if I get 4 boxes to the head and then someone shoves their finger in my mouth and starts pulling at my face you had better believe I am biting down on that finger. Expecting restraint from O'Gara there would be ridiculous. That he demonstrated any is utterly incredible.

(Fully accept I am totally biased here)

Comment

You honestly think Brogan would be horrified by that??? That type of shit happens in 4/5 matches imo.

I can actually see O'Gara getting a ban from this, mostly because its the 3rd time an accusation has come out about players doing it and the GAA will want to cut it out.

Sunday game review was on the money last night showed how many times O Gara was punched in the head. Meath should be very embarrassed imo.

Comment

Of all the lines you could have picked to suggest that I got played this is almost certainly the one that supports your point the very least. Either you just picked one at random because you thought it sounded 'markety' or else you don't understand a whole load about Gin and how it gets produced.
                              This is the line he should of picked
                              Not all of the 14 botanicals used to create OXLEY are used fresh, however. Some, such as vanilla, actually benefit from drying.

This annoys me; batch size is purely based on the size of the still not the process!?
                              Handcrafted detail

As only very small batches of high quality spirit can be produced during Cold Distillation, the majority of the creation of OXLEY™ must be handcrafted.

No effort is spared in the selection of only the finest quality botanicals. Some are peeled by hand, while others are cut or ground. They are then weighed and measured by hand to precisely the right proportions.

The botanicals are macerated in neutral grain spirit for over 15 hours, after which the macerate is hand-spooned into the still. The distillation process takes 5-6 hours, during which expert distillers oversee every step to ensure all quality checks are performed and that only the highest quality spirit is created.

They should say they are small and because of this can control quality or some such, not make themselves look like spoofers

It probably is a good product fwiw (you drink more gin than me)

You tried Sipsmith? thoughts?

Comment

Well im sure the shock of having the mouth yanked off ya and a foreign object and bein pulled on as well O Gara didnt have time to think.
                                Think a ban would be very unfair.
                                But the gaa like many organisations will probaly have to be seen to do something.
                                Common sense would have the the Meath manager not wailing like a woman and take his beating.

Comment

Of all the lines you could have picked to suggest that I got played this is almost certainly the one that supports your point the very least. Either you just picked one at random because you thought it sounded 'markety' or else you don't understand a whole load about Gin and how it gets produced.
                                  You sound like an audiophile trying to explain how his $60 HDMI cable really enhances the digital timbre of under-represented frequencies.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I do think Brogan looks horrified by it yeah. Not at the fight but at the viciousness of the fishhook.

Given the grip Burke has on O'Gara's jersey I can't see any reason for him to stick his hand in O'Gara's face unless he's trying to fishhook him or eye-gouge him. Don't think O'Gara has too much control over his body position at that point either so it's not as if he goes to bite him.

I don't think it's fair game to bite someone but, frankly, if I get 4 boxes to the head and then someone shoves their finger in my mouth and starts pulling at my face you had better believe I am biting down on that finger. Expecting restraint from O'Gara there would be ridiculous. That he demonstrated any is utterly incredible.

(Fully accept I am totally biased here)
                                    To be totally honest here, I'd agree with you. If I got fishhooked, then I'd probably bite too. Obv its not right to do it, but its not like you have time to think about it. It would be a natural reaction I suppose. I still think they might make a scapegoat out of O'Gara.

Seen as there isn't any other precedence I think they'll have to give their punishment based on Suarez's case

Comment

Of course, I'm definitely biting in that position but it's one quick bite and let go and a won't be going for his knee after.
                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 21-07-14, 11:11.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

This.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Throw both of the teams out of the competition IMO

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                        Great guns on O Gara
                                        He is getting fish hooked badly and if he did bite a stray finger self defnece surely.
                                        Was he supposed to open his mouth wider so Burke could get a better grip?
                                        This.

Not a hope IMO.

Has to be - you don't have any other options in that situation.

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                        Sunday game review was on the money last night showed how many times O Gara was punched in the head. Meath should be very embarrassed imo.
                                        This.

Owen Mulligan on The Sunday Game gets it righ - "If someone puts a finger in your mouth,what are you suppose to do? Blow it out?"

If someone contrives to get his finger into your mouth you're entitled to let him know it's not welcome there.

Kerry fans are the best for me.
                                        I had good time for the Donegal fans in 2012 although I suppose it's easy to sing when you're winning.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          Of course, I'm definitely biting in that finger but it's one quick bite and let go and a won't be going for his knee after
                                          I didn't see the incident or the Sunday Game, so didn't see that bit about the knee.

Comment

Jesus Christ. Burke is some knacker.
                                            Sur begorrah 'tis not his fault at all at all; sur the poor crature was exposed to some of that soccerball from de foreign country by a prodie harlot and sur the poor fella has never been the same!

Is that the official response SP?
                                            Last edited by Guest; 21-07-14, 11:17.

Comment

Is O'Gara not biting his leg in the 3rd segment of the 1st photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Not a hope IMO.

Its the GAA we are talking about. Won't be a bit surprised to see both players get a 1 match suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                  Is O'Gara not biting his leg in the 3rd segment of the 1st photo?
                                                  afaik, there was no complaint of a leg bit, so you'd have to imagine he wasn't. Ie why would Meath not include that in the complaint

Comment

I didn't see the incident or the Sunday Game, so didn't see that bit about the knee.
                                                    See the 3rd segment of the first photo.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Didnt see game but is the cunt/cunts manager giving it the fishhook is complaining about being bitten?

Long ban for him and any other mouthpiece who defends him is surely the play and call them out for being fuckwits!?

Comment

See the 3rd segment of the first photo.
                                                        Ya just saw it there, hard to tell from that to be fair though.

Comment

Ya just saw it there, hard to tell from that to be fair though.
                                                          If he bit the leg O'Dowd would have been caterwauling about that too. I think we can assume the leg remains unbitten

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            Anyone who actually goes to those public protests is clearly a fucking weirdo let's be honest.

Comment

I had good time for the Donegal fans in 2012 although I suppose it's easy to sing when you're winning.
                                                              To be honest my love of Kerry fans started in Thurles in 2001. Utter gents to a man and as magnanimous in victory as you could hope for. Then when 2011 rolled round and we finally got one over on ye my respect was sealed permanently. It's easy to be a gracious winner when you've had the practice Kerry have had but to take defeat (and such a close one) with the grace that the boys I met afterwards did; that takes proper class.

Comment

No way O Gara will get any punishment from that, would be an outrage if he did. However Dubs barely even need the lad their forwards are so good, I would like to see Donegal and Dublin in the semis. Dublin will still be too good for us but I think it would be an interesting match to watch and won't be as bad as the 2011 affair as both teams are more attacking now than they were back then especially the Dubs.

Dublin at 4/9 is crazy with 3 games left before they win it. I'd be tempted to lay them and bet the other way in the other games.

Comment

To be honest my love of Kerry fans started in Thurles in 2001. Utter gents to a man and as magnanimous in victory as you could hope for. Then when 2011 rolled round and we finally got one over on ye my respect was sealed permanently. It's easy to be a gracious winner when you've had the practice Kerry have had but to take defeat (and such a close one) with the grace that the boys I met afterwards did; that takes proper class.
                                                                  I think that when teams like Kerry, Dublin, Cork lose a big game it's a little easier to take because those teams will always come back and have their day again. I've always had great craic at games win lose or draw. I think some people forget it is just a game after all.

You also don't want to give your county a bad name by acting the eejit after a game.

Comment

I'd need to see some proper video to make any real decisions.

Is Burke going for a fishhook or has he just grabbed his head in the scrap? Can't tell from picture.

When O gara gets orally finger banged does he bite down for a short time to get the finger out or is for a long time in attempt to break finger off?

And when's he's finished does he go for a taste of those meaty Meath thighs?

Did the video on Sunday game show any of these clearly?
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I'd need to see some proper video to make any real decisions.

Is Burke going for a fishhook or has he just grabbed his head in the scrap? Can't tell from picture.

When O gara gets orally finger banged does he bite down for a short time to get the finger out or is for a long time in attempt to break finger off?

And when's he's finished does he go for a taste of those meaty Meath thighs?

Did the video on Sunday game show any of these clearly?
                                                                      Video here:

I remember meeting some Dublin supporter around Barry's (that casino we had the IPB game in that time) who started going on to me about what an injustice it would have been if Kerry had won with all the dodgy decisions the ref had given them and my eyes nearly popped out of my head, but then I remembered the key is always that if you have a gripe, wait until about six months later to raise it

Comment

Some footage has emerged of the alleged biting incident yesterday in Croke Park.

A melee initially broke out towards the end of the game with Meath the main culprits for initiating it.

In the damning video, Meath substitute Mickey Burke can be seen dragging Eoghan O’Gara to the ground while three other Royals stood over him. Burke can actually be seen swinging a punch at the Dublin full-forward.

Check out the footage below. What side of the fence are you on?
                                                                        Did you write that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          Did you write that?
                                                                          No, hadn't read it either. Controversial?

Comment

No, hadn't read it either. Controversial?
                                                                            ah I dunno its very hard to have a conversation with anyone about it because everyone is so biased. Even the report above is wholly dublin biased and misleading. I'd love to see a video replay from the same angle the photographs were taken from as that would conclusively prove if it was a fish hook or a bite.

Comment

a fish hook or a bite.
                                                                              Why not both?

Comment

ah I dunno its very hard to have a conversation with anyone about it because everyone is so biased. Even the report above is wholly dublin biased and misleading. I'd love to see a video replay from the same angle the photographs were taken from as that would conclusively prove if it was a fish hook or a bite.
                                                                                I've made an attempt at balancing it a bit there. It should basically say "neither side innocent" at the moment. Very little to be seen from the footage we have so far, obv we have to get what we have out there at this stage while it's newsworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                  Why not both?
                                                                                  because I would 100% excuse the bite if Burke tried to fish hook. I dont think its in either player though as I wouldnt consider either of them to be dirty players.

Connolly on the other hand showing his class again yesterday Probably one of the most gifted footballers Ive ever seen but the nut low individual

Comment

I've made an attempt at balancing it a bit there. It should basically say "neither side innocent" at the moment. Very little to be seen from the footage we have so far, obv we have to get what we have out there at this stage while it's newsworthy.
                                                                                    oh yeah 100% print what people will read of course but a more accurate version of events would read:

Instead of - Meath main culprits for initiating it. To me it seemed O gara lay on top of kev reilly, 2 Meath lads tried to pull him off and costello came barging in and things spilled over.

Instead of Mickey burke pulling o gara to the ground with 3 meath lads standing over him. Mickey burke finally pulls o gara off kev reilly

Cant argue that he threw a punch at o gara but in the given context that he just had his finger bitten. whether or not that was his own fault remains to be seen

Comment

Burke was mad for the row to be fair. And no stranger to one I'm told?
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

This was posted in the match thread over on boards as well. Considering he has never been sent off, never been cited and afaik has never been involved in anything controversial before its a bit strange to hear that he is now the dirtiest player in Leinster?

Am I missing something?

Comment

This was posted in the match thread over on boards as well. Considering he has never been sent off, never been cited and afaik has never been involved in anything controversial before its a bit strange to hear that he is now the dirtiest player in Leinster?

Am I missing something?
                                                                                          That's what I meant by I'm told, by someone who would be from the same area, apparently he has a reputation for being a dirty bastard, but yeah strange with no record of sending offs etc
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

That's what I meant by I'm told, by someone who would be from the same area, apparently he has a reputation for being a dirty bastard, but yeah strange with no record of sending offs etc
                                                                                            could very well be I dont know him personally but Ive played against him over 20 times at this stage and apart from being a horrible wretch (in terms of being a sticky defender/midfielder who never stops running) he's a clean player. Hits like a train but is not dirty imho

Comment

Had a youth club in the snooker hall, around 25/30 kids aged 11-15, noisy bastards up stairs playing pool (8 pool tables up there) watching them like a hawk on the camera cause they only have 2 leaders with them. I go out from behind counter to play snooker thus not watching camera now.

So anyway fast forward to the end and they leave, I'm paid by cheque and that's that. Then I notice it's very dim and dark up stairs but I still have all the lights turned on? On further investigation it seems these little bastards have taken every light bulb from the pool tables, 24 fuckin energy saving light bulbs, gone.

Fair play to them actually, bulbs must have been red hot taking them out and also nice job sneaking them past me.

I suppose I'll just ring the club and get reimbursed or would people here be in favour of stronger retribution

Comment

Clearly. And its the roids.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It's time to go to war Howard
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

It's time go to war Howard
                                                                                                    Yes I was thinking of a 'I know what you did last Monday' kind of attack.

Comment

Pretty sure the kids will win the war.

Comment

Test match nicely in the balance. All gonna come down to Roooooooooot though

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          Lol Prior, you so crazy

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                            Pretty sure the kids will win the war.
                                                                                                            They have made a powerful enemy

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                              So anyway fast forward to the end and they leave, I'm paid by cheque and that's that. Then I notice it's very dim and dark up stairs but I still have all the lights turned on? On further investigation it seems these little bastards have taken every light bulb from the pool tables, 24 fuckin energy saving light bulbs, gone.
                                                                                                              You must be incandescent with rage.

Comment

Had a youth club in the snooker hall, around 25/30 kids aged 11-15, noisy bastards up stairs playing pool (8 pool tables up there) watching them like a hawk on the camera cause they only have 2 leaders with them. I go out from behind counter to play snooker thus not watching camera now.

Fair play to them actually, bulbs must have been red hot taking them out and also nice job sneaking them past me.

I suppose I'll just ring the club and get reimbursed or would people here be in favour of stronger retribution
                                                                                                                Probably best wait until the cheque bounces before doing anything.

Comment

They have made a powerful enemy
                                                                                                                  They will come back at night with spray paint and rocks.

Comment

That didn't take long at all. WP Kev

Comment

Bbv be powerful. 3 wickets in 15 mins after posting this including root for a total of 6 runs

Comment

I hope I never have to post this again!!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        ship the dream fucking job!
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          I hope I never have to post this again!!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          ship the dream fucking job!
                                                                                                                          Jesus you're like Robbie Keane at this point.

Oh and congrats obv

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X