This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Interview with IPB's own Winning! after taking down an EPT Side Event last night

Welcome to the official PokerStars YouTube channel! Here you’ll find livestreams of our biggest poker tournaments, highlights of the European Poker Tour (EPT), and series like The Big Game and Shark Cage. We also walk you through poker strategy, poker tips, and tutorials on how to play poker on our PokerStars Learn series. And, of course, offer some poker entertainment with epic poker hands and line up the best poker moments on our weekly compilations. ♠️ What to expect on our channel? - New videos every week. - Tournaments year-round! ♦️ Check out our other YouTube channels: 🇧🇷 For portuguese speakers - http://psta.rs/3rgMqKv 🇦🇷 For spanish speakers - http://psta.rs/3naQuJk 🇫🇷 For french speakers - http://psta.rs/2UjKDFd 🇬🇧 UK based - http://psta.rs/33MmT2g 18+ Play responsibly. https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/ Keep it cool, Keep it fun, Play Responsibly: https://psta.rs/PlayResponsibly (MGA/B2C/213/2011)

WP
    Very very modest interview. wp

Comment

Been watching the Missing on bbc and was looking forward to the denouement tonight as live but herself has had to go out and won't be in until too late to watch it.
      FFS!

Its going to be very difficult to avoid spoilers. I have a few theories but she is usually much better than me at sorting these things out.

SPOILER
      Wifes new fella obv, but a bit too obv
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
        Going in the morning, sorted already?
        Yea got it sorted, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
          @opr: Liverpool thoughts?
          Extremely conflicted. It doesn't feel right not to be behind him after such a short period since last season. I don't think it's fair to completely undermine last seasons success with the Suarez answer. He did some extremely good stuff, Suarez has since given a very insightful interview about working with him which is full of praise. The tiny squad shouldn't be forgotten. His setup in the midfield with Gerrard and the hard working runners ahead and the high pressing attack all of which while Suarez helped hugely did also look extremely well coached. The problem is that it's hard to watch the defensive problems continue this season without being addressed and wonder if we could have put a few little things right at the back how much it might have helped? I'm far from an expert on defensive positioning etc but the piece Carra/Neville did the other night seems to point out things which look so ridiculously easy to sort if you're seeing them as a manager. It looks like we don't analyse or work with the defense at all in terms of how to operate as a unit or how they can improve on what they're doing wrong.

I think it's the unknown in my head of how much praise he truly deserves for last season that means I feel in limbo about how much credit he should be extended. The faith in him though definitely feels more in hope than belief. Each passing game erodes that faith to the point when Jones was picked in the goals at the weekend it felt like the end. The fact he has come out since and said Jones will be the keeper for the foreseeable future I find mind-boggling. Personally I would have more faith in Ward or Fulton from the youth teams. Then we have all the leaks about the committee from certain journalists which make it clear Jones is a political football. Those power games didn't end well for Rafa who surely had far more credit in the bank.

I guess things have now built to a stage where it's almost impossible to defend what is going on. Less points than Hodgson at the same stage in the season. Constantly playing players who under perform while seemingly freezing out committee buys. Johnson is a special case that deserves particular mention as how he remains in the team is just unfathomable on any level I can grasp. His lack of ability to not only fix but it seems even identify defensive problems. The seemingly growing unrest within the dressing room. His infighting with the committee. His lack of integration of new players. The transfers in general, whatever way you want to swing it he keeps saying the buck stops with him and the club have spent a fortune under him. Results? Performances? I am probably even leaving a load of stuff out things are such a mess at the moment.

I fucking hate the situation though because I really don't want another manager and to start all over again. I think the squad has plenty of potential with a decent mix of youth/experience but certainly it's really lacking top level players in their prime or about to enter it like Sturridge. I was hoping we would have enough for a top four challenge this season and then next window instead of adding numbers to fill a squad like this year you target those really top level players to improve the first 11. The squad will also naturally mature over the coming years with players like Sterling/Coutinho only going to get better. I would love nothing more than with that squad profile to see a young manager like Rodgers grow with the team and get back to playing the type of football we seen last season.

For all the faults I point out above I have this nagging feeling that a really great coach exists within Rodgers. The problem is that being so young I'm not sure he can currently see the wood for the trees in what needs to be done to turn things around. That experience may come with time but right now people at Liverpool should be trying to talk him through this as he looks to have lost the head. If he added a strong number two as a defensive coach, stopped playing politics (pick the best players) and came to an agreement about transfers going forward he would have a chance of riding his out. None of that will happen though, so while all the problems remain and he compounds them by picking the likes of Jones while freezing out other players he's digging his own grave as he simply won't be able to turn the results around which will ultimately see him sacked.

Opr

Comment

new cookbook incoming

Talk to your doctor today and see if the Thug Kitchen Cookbook is right for you... you'll be fucking glad you did.

Comment

Leinster fans I want to get my dad tickets to a game in Jan. I see there's a castres game early Jan. Will it be a game of consequence?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Where did you go? . A January break is tempting.
                Gran canaria. 400 for 6 nights for an apt on air bnb and another 400 for flights including baggage and exit row seats for both of us. Prices jump up next week from what I saw but good value this week I thought.

Loving Air bnb btw. The guy letting to us had food, drinks and snacks to welcome us on Saturday night. Also Berlin last month was fantastic value and really excellent. Its going to be my first port of call in the future.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                  Leinster fans I want to get my dad tickets to a game in Jan. I see there's a castres game early Jan. Will it be a game of consequence?
                  Yes. Leinster will be looking to win with 4 tries to get a bonus point.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    Yes. Leinster will be looking to win with 4 tries to get a bonus point.
                    Don't listen to this maniac. Better to buy him a years supply of Prozac.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      RDIII - how about you produce a review of Rio?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Walked out of The Hobbit after an hour. Utter dross, dunno what I was expecting tbh.
                        Just home from it and thoroughly enjoyed it, I took the kids and they loved it too. They now want to re watch the Lord of The Rings as it was a good few years ago they seen that and now it will make more sense.

You should have stayed...

Comment

Final of the Pokerstars shark cage thing for a million starting on channel 4.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            Extremely conflicted. It doesn't feel right not to be behind him after such a short period since last season. I don't think it's fair to completely undermine last seasons success with the Suarez answer. He did some extremely good stuff, Suarez has since given a very insightful interview about working with him which is full of praise. The tiny squad shouldn't be forgotten. His setup in the midfield with Gerrard and the hard working runners ahead and the high pressing attack all of which while Suarez helped hugely did also look extremely well coached. The problem is that it's hard to watch the defensive problems continue this season without being addressed and wonder if we could have put a few little things right at the back how much it might have helped? I'm far from an expert on defensive positioning etc but the piece Carra/Neville did the other night seems to point out things which look so ridiculously easy to sort if you're seeing them as a manager. It looks like we don't analyse or work with the defense at all in terms of how to operate as a unit or how they can improve on what they're doing wrong.

I think it's the unknown in my head of how much praise he truly deserves for last season that means I feel in limbo about how much credit he should be extended. The faith in him though definitely feels more in hope than belief. Each passing game erodes that faith to the point when Jones was picked in the goals at the weekend it felt like the end. The fact he has come out since and said Jones will be the keeper for the foreseeable future I find mind-boggling. Personally I would have more faith in Ward or Fulton from the youth teams. Then we have all the leaks about the committee from certain journalists which make it clear Jones is a political football. Those power games didn't end well for Rafa who surely had far more credit in the bank.

I guess things have now built to a stage where it's almost impossible to defend what is going on. Less points than Hodgson at the same stage in the season. Constantly playing players who under perform while seemingly freezing out committee buys. Johnson is a special case that deserves particular mention as how he remains in the team is just unfathomable on any level I can grasp. His lack of ability to not only fix but it seems even identify defensive problems. The seemingly growing unrest within the dressing room. His infighting with the committee. His lack of integration of new players. The transfers in general, whatever way you want to swing it he keeps saying the buck stops with him and the club have spent a fortune under him. Results? Performances? I am probably even leaving a load of stuff out things are such a mess at the moment.

I fucking hate the situation though because I really don't want another manager and to start all over again. I think the squad has plenty of potential with a decent mix of youth/experience but certainly it's really lacking top level players in their prime or about to enter it like Sturridge. I was hoping we would have enough for a top four challenge this season and then next window instead of adding numbers to fill a squad like this year you target those really top level players to improve the first 11. The squad will also naturally mature over the coming years with players like Sterling/Coutinho only going to get better. I would love nothing more than with that squad profile to see a young manager like Rodgers grow with the team and get back to playing the type of football we seen last season.

For all the faults I point out above I have this nagging feeling that a really great coach exists within Rodgers. The problem is that being so young I'm not sure he can currently see the wood for the trees in what needs to be done to turn things around. That experience may come with time but right now people at Liverpool should be trying to talk him through this as he looks to have lost the head. If he added a strong number two as a defensive coach, stopped playing politics (pick the best players) and came to an agreement about transfers going forward he would have a chance of riding his out. None of that will happen though, so while all the problems remain and he compounds them by picking the likes of Jones while freezing out other players he's digging his own grave as he simply won't be able to turn the results around which will ultimately see him sacked.

Opr
                            Great post. Yeah, if he sticks with Jones, he wont last a month. Lads on mot2 showed just how bad he is, even if seemingly he wasnt at fault.

Comment

I fucking hate the situation though
                              Here here.
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                Here here.
                                Yeah. Heard he walked out on his missus calling her a Hobbit. Shoddy individual indeed.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

What am I missing with this photo?
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    What am I missing with this photo?
                                    I don't think there's any deep meaning or hidden subtext.

Comment

RDIII - how about you produce a review of Rio?
                                      In Strewelpeter style, I am extremely busy with some mysterious and unspecified things but I will certainly get around to this important task at some indeterminate time.

Comment

Four more work get-ups until the Christmas break, which appropriately enough is 12 days for me. Hurry up time!

Comment

Final of the Pokerstars shark cage thing for a million starting on channel 4.

Opr
                                          I'd advise nobody to waste an hour of their lives watching this. Possibly the worst episode of TV poker i've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            I'd advise nobody to waste an hour of their lives watching this. Possibly the worst episode of TV poker i've ever seen.
                                            Have this recorded and haven't watched it yet, but have actually been enjoying the recent episodes of it after the initial shitness. Could do with showing more hands and having less shite talk about the cage, but it's been reasonably entertaining.

Comment

@ Flushdraw, handiest route to Letterkenny these days by car?

Comment

Not pictured: Mrs Clinton

Thought I was missing something too. Like maybe the girl was a well known transsexual or something.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Probably just showcasing Bill and his lecherous ways,allied to the slightly scared expression on yer wans face.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                    Have this recorded and haven't watched it yet, but have actually been enjoying the recent episodes of it after the initial shitness. Could do with showing more hands and having less shite talk about the cage, but it's been reasonably entertaining.
                                                    I agree 100%. It's got a lot better after the first couple of weeks and the episode with Miss Finland in it was very good (especially that bluff she made) and the week before with Mike Tindall/Timex etc was just full of great banter and very entertaining, but trust me, this week it's horrific, but no point stopping now if you've come this far!

Highlight of it though..

SPOILER
                                                    That online qualifier playing his JJ terrible and running into AA, then call/folding with 5bb just after and then just crying until he bust. Good riddance you annoying prick.

Comment

@ Flushdraw, handiest route to Letterkenny these days by car?
                                                      Take Exit 14 for Ardee/Derry (i'm sure) from the motorway and just follow signs for Derry. Plenty of long straights following signs for Derry all the way because you won't see Letterkenny signs for a while (think there'll be a new road since the last time you were up this direction)
                                                      After ~2 hours, you'll start seeing signs/go through Emyvale, Aughnacloy, Omagh (less than an hour away) an then you're heading for Strabane/Lifford and onto Letterkenny.

When are you up, business or pleasure?

Comment

Take Exit 14 for Ardee/Derry (i'm sure) from the motorway and just follow signs for Derry. Plenty of long straights following signs for Derry all the way because you won't see Letterkenny signs for a while (think there'll be a new road since the last time you were up this direction)
                                                        After ~2 hours, you'll start seeing signs/go through Emyvale, Aughnacloy, Omagh (less than an hour away) an then you're heading for Strabane/Lifford and onto Letterkenny.

When are you up, business or pleasure?
                                                        Cheers. Wedding so up for Fri/Sat night (in Ballybofey but church in Letterkenny)

Comment

Anyone here ever do the Game of Thrones tour? Any good?

Comment

Have 4 tickets for sale for Damien Dempsey in Vicar St on Friday (€120/Cost Price)
                                                            Support by Lethal Dialect.

I have the physical tickets so price assuming i can meet you somewhere reasonable in the next 2 days, if you can collect in portlaoise would let them go cheaper.

Pm if interested

Cheers

Comment

The Guardian doing an anonymous "Letter To..." series.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...rape?CMP=fb_gu
                                                              This is a good one. Timely considering the nutjobs who were invited to speak in the house of lords last week on the same subject, basically claiming it would be perfectly ok for people to be guilty until proven innocent for certain crimes. Even the Grauniad can't get behind that lot.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                This is a good one. Timely considering the nutjobs who were invited to speak in the house of lords last week on the same subject, basically claiming it would be perfectly ok for people to be guilty until proven innocent for certain crimes. Even the Grauniad can't get behind that lot.
                                                                Zealots, no matter the cause, are usually to be avoided.

Comment

Cheers. Wedding so up for Fri/Sat night (in Ballybofey but church in Letterkenny)
                                                                  Nice one. There's only really 2 churches up here, so i'd imagine it's Saint Eunan's which you can't miss because you'll see the spire, but parking is trickier. I'm not even at the weekend to gatecrash for a quick pint!

Comment

I agree 100%. It's got a lot better after the first couple of weeks and the episode with Miss Finland in it was very good (especially that bluff she made) and the week before with Mike Tindall/Timex etc was just full of great banter and very entertaining, but trust me, this week it's horrific, but no point stopping now if you've come this far!

Highlight of it though..

SPOILER
                                                                    That online qualifier playing his JJ terrible and running into AA, then call/folding with 5bb just after and then just crying until he bust. Good riddance you annoying prick.
                                                                    I thought Victoria Corens fabulous green dress was my highlight.

Comment

90 yoyos to see a few guys on their retirement tour, mad Ted.

Comment

Nice one. There's only really 2 churches up here, so i'd imagine it's Saint Eunan's which you can't miss because you'll see the spire, but parking is trickier. I'm not even at the weekend to gatecrash for a quick pint!
                                                                        We got parking right outside the church no bother when I was there for a wedding a couple of months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                          We got parking right outside the church no bother when I was there for a wedding a couple of months ago.
                                                                          That wasn't the last Saturday before Christmas though. The place will be jammers with people parking there and walking down the main street.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            90 yoyos to see a few guys on their retirement tour, mad Ted.
                                                                            I think they started at €92.50, add TM fee onto that and takes it up to a ton, and seated is more expensive again! Crazy prices and sold out in 20mins. What recession?

Comment

That wasn't the last Saturday before Christmas though. The place will be jammers with people parking there and walking down the main street.
                                                                              Yeah, think I'll have a sneaky pre-wedding pint so she has to drive & worry about the parking

Comment

Yeah, think I'll have a sneaky pre-wedding pint so she has to drive & worry about the parking
                                                                                park in flushdraws gaff.

Be grand.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Brilliant. Kindly fuck off already Russell.

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Also there's no chance that wasn't written by a pr lackey. Every bit of it screams pr stunt as opposed to genuine letter
                                                                                          Probably wouldn't have put as much detail into the initial meeting outside the building (including describing himself) and the subsequent conversation if it hadn't happened.
                                                                                          I believe it anyway (and its nothing to do with my hatred of Russell Brand. No siree bob, nothing at all).

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Its just the finesse of the message that doesn't ring right
                                                                                                  A man who works in a bank displays a basic understanding of how the banking industry works plus a few elements of taxation. He is also eloquent and can tell a joke. This is evidence of a conspiracy to you?

Comment

Also, it's hardly fair to use the term banker in the context it has generally been used in recent years for the majority of staff who work for banks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Probably wouldn't have put as much detail into the initial meeting outside the building (including describing himself) and the subsequent conversation if it hadn't happened.
                                                                                                      I believe it anyway (and its nothing to do with my hatred of Russell Brand. No siree bob, nothing at all).
                                                                                                      That and a PR firm wouldn't be so verbose.

Comment

...

Comment

One interesting thing that did happen (for anyone following my French travails - I would imagine its a dwindling group); logged into the bank account this morning to see the balance had swelled from €0 to €12,000. Owe half that to someone else, but still a rather positive message to log into.
                                                                                                          Divorce was inevitable tbf

Comment

Anyone have any tips on how not to get raped by vodafone for using your phone in the states, for data in particular, won't be making calls or texting too much

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone have any tips on how not to get raped by vodafone for using your phone in the states, for data in particular, won't be making calls or texting too much
                                                                                                              Prepaid sim over there probably your best bet. They are much better about supporting GSM these days.

Comment

Casino staff, offered €20 when let go, leave table with €35,000

Comment

One hates to use my €12,000 but I'd be fairly prepared to bet on this emerging as a pr driven story
                                                                                                                  Wouldn't be too sure....

Comment

Bought the office Secret Santa today. 8 Euro well spent IMO.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                                                      Casino staff, offered €20 when let go, leave table with €35,000

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...-000-1.2040972
                                                                                                                      Ah, thought it was a spin up, would have been class
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        ...if your in Bill pay, and using any of the Red price plans which I think everyone has...Then text Red to 50020....it'll cost 2:99 per day for 200mb of data, and a couple of hundred minutes talk/ text...and the days that you don't do any roaming then it doesn't kick in...
                                                                                                                        Attached Files
                                                                                                                        Last edited by luckforsome; 17-12-14, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          Story checks out, hes just a poor mans RD3

Well, I was wrong.
                                                                                                                          I made several predictions here, and I was wrong about some things and right about others. I'm obviously just trying to salvage some vestige of self-respect there. I was quite clearly very very wrong about the only thing that mattered:

There has never for one moment been any doubt in my mind that Scotland will vote to leave. ... I never trusted the opinion polls that showed that No would win, and I don't trust the latest polls that show that Yes will win, despite their happening to be right by sheer luck. Obviously Scotland will vote to be an independent country.

Ooooooops.

I'm actually less shamed by being wrong about that than I am by being right about this:

Some of you may remember the 1992 general election. I do. ... What was interesting about it was the stark difference between the predicted result and the actual result. I mean, yeah, sure, predictions are often a bit wrong. But in 1992, they were staggeringly wrong.

See, it turns out I was right to compare the Scottish Referendum to the 1992 General Election. The analogues with the results and the possible reasons for them — the infamous Shy Tory Vote — are striking. Thing is, I managed to get that bit right and then still draw completely the wrong conclusion from it. Being wrong based on just being plain old wrong is one thing. Being wrong based on making what turns out to be exactly the right insight is embarrassing.

Which is the other thing I was right about:

Course, if I'm wrong, this post is going to look as embarrassing as that celebratory Labour footage.

For an excellent post-election analysis of what happened and why, read Ray's blog, not mine:

The Yes team knew that 16.7% of the Scottish electorate was willing to vote Conservative at the last General Election. What they perhaps hadn’t considered was the fact that these people consistently voted Conservative in the full knowledge that, in a 'first-past-the-post' system, they had absolutely no chance of winning. That’s quite a significant statement to make, one that should perhaps have made the Yes team consider the possibility that even more people might have voted Conservative if they felt they had a chance of getting representation. And what the Yes team didn’t know they didn’t know was just how many of those newly-registered referendum voters might naturally be inclined to take a conservative (small c) option on such a contentious issue as the break-up of the United Kingdom.

I should have figured that out. But I didn't. What a fuckwit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X