X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Zero

Big Ben is a bell!
    ........and there are four faces on the clock.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      ........and there are four faces on the clock.
      And it rotates once, continuously. The number of revolutions however is different...
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Lying in bed feeling a bit ick, flicking thru the channels, SPOCKS brain has been surgically removed, he is on life support and the Enterprise is searching the galaxy for the brain thief!

Original Star Trek must be the greatest television program ever

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
              Lying in bed feeling a bit ick, flicking thru the channels, SPOCKS brain has been surgically removed, he is on life support and the Enterprise is searching the galaxy for the brain thief!

Original Star Trek must be the greatest television program ever
              I too am lying in bed with a cold and I see your Spock's brain episode and raise you this film I "watched" earlier - Age of the Hobbits, aka Lord of the Elves, aka Clash of the Empires:
              primewire.ag is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, primewire.ag has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

You could do a lot worse than watch it for a quarter of an hour. It's quite something. Apparently made by a production company which makes direct to video films which piggyback big budget blockbusters out at the same time. Check out the names of their films and the ones they piggyback:

Comment

That lot the Asylum are the ones who made Z Nation, the zombie series that's so bad it's good.

Comment

Comment

Is the mini-series The Take worth watching? I have decided that I should watch everything that Tom Hardy is in because I've become a huge fan of his acting. Watched Warrior last night, and am planning on watching Bronson tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      This was where it all went wrong
                      Details

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        Is the mini-series The Take worth watching? I have decided that I should watch everything that Tom Hardy is in because I've become a huge fan of his acting. Watched Warrior last night, and am planning on watching Bronson tonight.
                        Mad max looks like it's going to be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          Mad max looks like it's going to be amazing
                          Yeah. Was also checking out future Del Toro directed films and I see that a sequel to Pacific Rim is to be made. Love that film, and love Del Toro.

Can anyone recommend HP Lovecraft short stories? I want to listen to some on audio, listened to Call of Cthulu last night. It was fun, albeit a tad boring. I have a slight fancy for that kind of stuff, and loved crap films based on Lovecraft stuff, especially Necronomicon shenanigans. But I don't, and tbh probably won't, read fantasy. But I can listen to them if someone can recommend.

My commitment probably won't stretch to a novel length, so good short stories of his to listen to would be appreciated.

Comment

I too am lying in bed with a cold and I see your Spock's brain episode and raise you this film I "watched" earlier - Age of the Hobbits, aka Lord of the Elves, aka Clash of the Empires:
                            primewire.ag is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, primewire.ag has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

You could do a lot worse than watch it for a quarter of an hour. It's quite something. Apparently made by a production company which makes direct to video films which piggyback big budget blockbusters out at the same time. Check out the names of their films and the ones they piggyback:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum
                            Site blocked by broadband provider; will have a sniff at some point

Comment

FFS city don't seem to get much luck with these draws

Talk about groundhog day. Be tough ask to beat barc over two legs.
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Yeah. Was also checking out future Del Toro directed films and I see that a sequel to Pacific Rim is to be made. Love that film, and love Del Toro.

Can anyone recommend HP Lovecraft short stories? I want to listen to some on audio, listened to Call of Cthulu last night. It was fun, albeit a tad boring. I have a slight fancy for that kind of stuff, and loved crap films based on Lovecraft stuff, especially Necronomicon shenanigans. But I don't, and tbh probably won't, read fantasy. But I can listen to them if someone can recommend.

My commitment probably won't stretch to a novel length, so good short stories of his to listen to would be appreciated.
                                There's a podcast with people reading them IIRC.

Comment

Can anyone with a clue on this tell me what they'd have done?

It was a Budgeting Question in a Financial Maths exam. I hate doing this after an exam but it's annoying me.

Part 2 in the explanation is what I wasn't sure about:

SPOILER
                                  Should it be July, August and September as €115 and the other three months as €145? Worded badly either way I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    There's a podcast with people reading them IIRC.
                                    Oh there appears to be no shortage of them available on Youtube, but I don't know which stories to choose.

Comment

Weird dream last night.

Was sitting on a footpath somewhere and Jack White sat down next to me. I am quite starstruck but we chat about some stuff. I tell him I like Arcade Fire but don't think they are nice people. He takes out a cassette box with some elvis prestly songs Ive never heard of handwritten on the inlay card along with the word "soldier", which is not one of the songs. He writes something on it which he says is the name of a documentry about Arcade Fire that I should watch. He then sketches ARCADE FIRE on a canvas with a painting of a town on it. When he tilts it at a certain angle to the light it says I HATE GREENDAY. We both find this funny for some reason. I ask him if there are any artists he hates and he instantly says Meatloaf. He then excuses himself and has to go.
                                      I'm alone now somewhere down on the west side of Galway city...dominick street area but the buildings are taller. Its night time and the streets are deserted. I don't feel safe walking so I decide to fly instead - a neat trick I can do in my sleep - although I can never fly very high. I want to get to quay street where I will feel safe to walk again. I'm flying along about three stories up when I see someone in a purple jacket with the hood up trying to get in a window. I look down at the ground and a girl is looking up at this person - they're obviously together but I'm not sure if they're trying to break into this place or maybe they live here and have lost their keys. I fly over and land on a window just above the purple jacket person. They still don't see me so I make a funny noise. The person - a girl with red curly hair - looks up and gets a fright, slips and falls to the ground. There is a terrible smash as her head hits the footpath and there is blood pouring everywhere. Her friend attends to her silently then moves away. I'm still on the window unsure if I should leave the scene or go down and try to help. I certainly feel like I'm responsible. I look around and see her friend attending to another person lying on the footpath who is also bleeding and shaking. I cowardly decide to flee the scene. I wake up immediately very upset.

This is one of the most vivid dreams i think I've ever had. Got out of bed to get my head together and checked my phone. Message from my sister in australia. "Dont worry I'm nowhere near the siege. Had the day off work. Let Mum know as she'll worry." (she works in Martin Place in Sydney). Didn't know wtf that was about. Thought I might still be dreaming so slapped myself across the face. Turns out I was awake. Weirder night overall than I'm used to

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                        Should it be July, August and September as €115 and the other three months as €145? Worded badly either way I thought.
                                        Presumably so. Whoever wrote it couldn't even get the simple first sentence correct. The term "quarter" makes no sense in that context, it cannot refer to the first quarter of the year, and it cannot be a quarter of the 6 months shown. They must have meant to write "half" instead.

Comment

It was a Budgeting Question in a Financial Maths exam. I hate doing this after an exam but it's annoying me.

SPOILER
                                          Had the same outcome as your spoiler and would be confident with it.

"One of your friends is starting business his own" - you should have expected this sort of question after reading that
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The Newsroom, thank fook that's done

Comment

Ah remember the days when maths had numbers in it? Loved my childhood :P

I want to get in on hotspurs bandwagon to hear about good Lovecraft stories, I've never gotten around to reading them

EDIT: Past me is a boss
                                              There seems to be a lot and I've read nothing, not even the original short story, what do you guys recommend?

Comment

No idea if it will be any use but seen this advertised and its on in half an hour on BBC1. (22.35)

'David Meade: Million Dollar Bet - David Meade prepares to use his skills in an attempt to win a million dollars in Vegas.'

Opr

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                    The Newsroom, thank fook that's done
                                                    Feeling intense self-hatred for having watched that. Probably the most self-indulgent tripe ever put on the small screen.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Del Toro's desperate to make one of Lovecrafts short stories called At The Mountains Of Madness which is one of my favourites but might be a bit long to listen to.
                                                      Haven't read everything as there's lots but The dunwich horror is great, as is dreams in the witch house

Comment

Nearly worth it for the Lord of the Ream joke

After saving Middle-earth, Bilbo (Martin Freeman), Gandalf (Bobby Moynihan), Gollum (Taran Killam), Legolas (Kyle Mooney) and Tauriel (Kate McKinnon) take up...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          No idea if it will be any use but seen this advertised and its on in half an hour on BBC1. (22.35)

'David Meade: Million Dollar Bet - David Meade prepares to use his skills in an attempt to win a million dollars in Vegas.'

Opr
                                                          I lasted 13 minutes. Best of luck to anyone trying to watch more.

Comment

He's currently in the Fitz in Dublin.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              FFS city don't seem to get much luck with these draws

Talk about groundhog day. Be tough ask to beat barc over two legs.
                                                              I think at this stage, City have to be looking to beat the likes of Barcelona. They're arguably the third best team in Spain. There will always be teams like Bayern, Real and Barca out there, so if you want to be the best, you're going to have to beat them eventually. City have had long enough now and enough experience (in modern football terms) that targeting a win versus them shouldn't be too much to ask.

I'm not saying Barca are bad in case it's coming across like that, but they're not the dominant monsters they were. They're still very, very good mind, but City have to be looking to move up to that level.

SPOILER
                                                              really bad wording. Should read:
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              your m8 is starting his own business

SPOILER
                                                              yeah I'd understand it as you did. A quarter is three months so I assume they're referring to the first quarter of the business (ie July, Aug, Sep).

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Jaysus, rather hard to get money out of family
                                                              stop being a tease, what happened?

And as entertaining as these stories are (they really are fcking hilarious), I'd feel bad if I didn't say (and I'm sure it's been said before)...the BBV is here to help if you ever need it. Not trying to be preachy and I'm sure you already knew anyway, but throwing it out there.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Feeling intense self-hatred for having watched that. Probably the most self-indulgent tripe ever put on the small screen.
                                                                *plop* what a load of shite that was

Comment

Back watching Meade, he really has not an ounce of charisma has he?

Comment

Its lol bad. Unreal that these gamblers just have no idea at all.

Comment

came across this:

Is there some easy explanation for that, or is it really as crazy as it sounds?
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                        came across this:

Is there some easy explanation for that, or is it really as crazy as it sounds?
                                                                        Seems mad but I know that China has been building huge numbers of hydroplants with dams and other power stations to fuel the never ending numbers of ghost estates/cities and are notorious over estimators whilst the U.S. do have a lot of timber framed houses which I guess reduces concrete use by a lot.

Mental stuff and a lot of bomb shelters for the ruling classes for when the race war kicks off is also possible.

Comment

• Any craic?
                                                                          • Christmas holliers.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

FT'd tonight's Santa's sacked tourney on Boyles.

Cool prizes

SPOILER
                                                                            1st APPLE iPhone 6 Plus (16 GB - 4G)
                                                                            2nd CANON EOS 1200D Digital camera
                                                                            3rd ASUS Touchscreen Laptop
                                                                            4th BEATS BY DR.DRE Solo Headphones
                                                                            5th SAMSUNG HMX-F90 Camcorder
                                                                            6th APPLE iPod Nano (16 GB)
                                                                            7th HD Travel MultiMedia Drive (1 TB)
                                                                            8th KOBO Touch 6" eReader
                                                                            9th BABYLISS Hairdryer set
                                                                            10th - 13th GOOGLE Chromecast Streaming Media Player

SPOILER
                                                                            And I come 9th

Comment

Hey Guys,
                                                                              Been a long time but I am looking for a bit of tech advice. My laptop is infected with some sort of virus every time I use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome these annoying adds keep on popping up. No matter where you click on the page it seems to just open another page with more annoying adds.
                                                                              I have Malware Bytes and Microsoft Security Essentials installed (free versions) and have ran them several times but these don't seem to remove these annoying adds.
                                                                              What else can I do, It is as bad now that my laptop is becoming virtually useless every time I try to use the internet. Is it looking like I am going to have to spring for some decent Antivirus
                                                                              Any help would be really appreciated.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Hi angry-ball

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

@opr: Liverpool thoughts?
                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

The Newsroom:

I'll miss
                                                                                          SPOILER

I won't miss
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Anything else. What a load of absolute rubbish.

Comment

What's the issue with the newsroom? Never watched it myself and wondering why ye say through something ye seemingly hated?
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                              What's the issue with the newsroom? Never watched it myself and wondering why ye say through something ye seemingly hated?
                                                                                              It was only in the last 3/4 episodes it turned dreadful. Before that some episodes were very good.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                It was only in the last 3/4 episodes it turned dreadful. Before that some episodes were very good.
                                                                                                And what was so dreadful?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  I could have saved you some time.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

mmm delicious kindle paperwhite you are mine. Now what to read...

Comment

Anyone interested in a ~1k a day job? http://www.stateboards.ie/stateboard...vert/14833.htm

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                        The plot just fell apart and it finished with a whimper. Condescending characters and dialogue became too much.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          It actually had immense potential.

Comment

Didn't really see much difference in the final few episodes from earlier ones that turned people initial enjoyment of the show to hatred, whatever issues that were there at the end have been longstanding. Ever since Raoul Duke voiced his dislike of the show everyone here seemed to follow his lead.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Didn't really see much difference in the final few episodes from earlier ones that turned people initial enjoyment of the show to hatred, whatever issues that were there at the end have been longstanding. Ever since Raoul Duke voiced his dislike of the show everyone here seemed to follow his lead.
                                                                                                              SPOILER

It definitely turned, before there was always an edginess between the characters, for a finish everyone in ACN was one big happy family with a common enemy - Pruitt

Comment

Anyone watching Homeland?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Season has been all over the place, farcical plot but very entertaining all the same. Dar Adal - wtf??

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                  Hey Guys,
                                                                                                                  Been a long time but I am looking for a bit of tech advice. My laptop is infected with some sort of virus every time I use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome these annoying adds keep on popping up. No matter where you click on the page it seems to just open another page with more annoying adds.
                                                                                                                  I have Malware Bytes and Microsoft Security Essentials installed (free versions) and have ran them several times but these don't seem to remove these annoying adds.
                                                                                                                  What else can I do, It is as bad now that my laptop is becoming virtually useless every time I try to use the internet. Is it looking like I am going to have to spring for some decent Antivirus
                                                                                                                  had something similar a while ago and ran adware removal tool in this link and no probs since

Easiest way: how to Remove v9.com from Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Windows Computer, Mac Laptop, Delete add-ons, extension, browser.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Ever since Raoul Duke voiced his dislike of the show everyone here seemed to follow his lead.
                                                                                                                    I am a weathervane for popular opinion.

Beards are very 2013 imo

Comment

Job offer pending, ez game imo. Despite some misgivings I'll take it provided the offer is what I expect it to be.

Comment

Sad to see the Metro Herald closing down this Friday.

Pity really, though can see how the business model was dubious.

Shame for the unfailingly cheerful set of mainly immigrant distributors and the hardworking ethic they showed by getting up at silly o'clock to do 2 hours of low paid allweather work.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                          Hey Guys,
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                          had something similar a while ago and ran adware removal tool in this link and no probs since

http://www.techsupportall.com/how-to...-removal-help/

Seems to have gotten rid of that QV9.com webpage that my browsers kept using as a home page, but still have a few random adds popping up, like "adds by addswizard" and some other articles advert. Still a hell of a lot better than it was.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X