This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
    Rounding is already standard in NL if paying by cash. Though they do at least round in both directions. Over a large sample number I suspect it balances out... though the chances are the information is out there to prove it one way or another.

Important thing being card transactions aren't rounded (though it's almost impossible to use an Irish debit or credit card there).
    Dub Tony (remember him?) tried rounding out in his shop in Dublin. People hated it though and would moan and complain anytime they lost out of a couple of cent even though it all netted off. Human nature of wins vs losses I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Can't sleep. Got up. Dog shat in the kitchen.
      Had a package myself this morning. Gonna have to make them go out in snow/ice at night rather than sit at fire

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Bit of a minor fistbump moment.

I'm working with a guy from Ljubljana on a research project. He just sent me an email where he - a multiple generation Ljubljanain - misspelled the name of his own city.

Take that Ljub - even your own people can't spell your stupid name
        I was spelling the name of the townland I am from wrong until four years ago - i am 38 now. Only out by one letter - and a vowel at that - but still

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          AC/DC playing the aviva in July, would love to see them but would there be a rough crowd at that do ye reckon?
          The only bit that would be rough would be at the very front which will be populated with old rockers who only get out once a year and feel the need to mosh the misery out of their lives.

Generally, the crowd will be fairly old so can't imagine much trouble beyond the 50 year olds who get over excited at the prospect of a day without the kids and drink too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
            Breaking Bad is very good but it is in no way on the Level of the Sopranos or the Wire.
            What about True Detective? Think it must be up there now. Was just reading an article on rte about TD2 and it just made me want to watch TD again.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Great review of last night's QT. Glad the article picked up on that Brand seemed so far from his usual confident verbose self and actually seemed rather nervous when answering questions.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                AC/DC playing the aviva in July, would love to see them but would there be a rough crowd at that do ye reckon?
                Almost 100 quid ffor a ticket a week before xmas though. I would love to see them but may have to wait until Jan for a ticket and hope it doesn't sell out! Already have Foo Fighters and ZZ Top to look forward to next Summer so all is not lost.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  What about True Detective? Think it must be up there now. Was just reading an article on rte about TD2 and it just made me want to watch TD again.
                  The ending was a bit disappointing in True Detective. Whilst the acting and everything was great I would have a lot more ahead of it in terms of the greatest Box Sets ever.

Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughan as stars have me doubting how good TD2 will be.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                    No chance, great show but not even close. Plus its only 1 season so wouldn't even qualify to be measured with the greats yet.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      Great review of last night's QT. Glad the article picked up on that Brand seemed so far from his usual confident verbose self and actually seemed rather nervous when answering questions.

Opr
                      2:16

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Likely not to many of your tastes - went to a cracking two-man theatre show last night

Only a couple more performances (tonight and tomorrow) but highly recommended. Will be of particular enjoyment if you are or were into dance music/clubbing.

Comment

One for AJ. On the football pods I listen to all the people now refer to CSKA Moscow as 'ceska'. I'm pretty sure they were always referred to as CSKA until recently. Did I miss the memo or was it always ceska? Merci

Comment

christmas party on tomorrow, it's not on in the Shelbourne for once and tbh i am glad. Was talking to our CFO, he seemed pretty glad too as my meal there every year costs over a grand excluding drinks. Hahaha. Such rip off. Terrible food.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                              One for AJ. On the football pods I listen to all the people now refer to CSKA Moscow as 'ceska'. I'm pretty sure they were always referred to as CSKA until recently. Did I miss the memo or was it always ceska? Merci
                              Would guess its because its no longer directly linked to the army (Central Sports Klub Army) and that its fanbase is torn between those who want a link to the past and those who don't. Hence the name was kept but the pronounciation was changed.
                              Utter spoofer guessing on my part though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                christmas party on tomorrow, it's not on in the Shelbourne for once and tbh i am glad. Was talking to our CFO, he seemed pretty glad too as my meal there every year costs over a grand excluding drinks. Hahaha. Such rip off. Terrible food.
                                whaaaaaaaaaat?

These vegans with their expensive food!

Comment

Definition of irony: people not guessing MCQ true false questions in a +1 -1/2 format.....in a statistics exam

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      whaaaaaaaaaat?

These vegans with their expensive food!
                                      They have a ridiculous pricing policy per course added and so on, essentially 150+ per head and 900 euro+ to have an option for me to eat. And it's pretty dire. I have suggested chapter one for next year to save money.
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-12-14, 12:05.

Comment

They have a ridiculous pricing policy per course added and so on, essentially 150+ per head and 900 euro+ to have an option for me to eat. And it's pretty dire. I have suggested chapter one for next year.
                                        Just take the turkey out of the turkey sandwiches and pocket the €1k imo

Comment

They have a ridiculous pricing policy per course added and so on, essentially 150+ per head and 900 euro+ to have an option for me to eat. And it's pretty dire. I have suggested chapter one for next year to save money.
                                          If they offered you like €600 would you just eat the turkey?

EDIT: GFYEmmet!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              Dub Tony (remember him?) tried rounding out in his shop in Dublin. People hated it though and would moan and complain anytime they lost out of a couple of cent even though it all netted off. Human nature of wins vs losses I guess.
                                              I can see the problem with only one shop doing it. Here I could imagine it taking the total removal all 1c and 2c coins across Europe for the nimbys to accept it.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Best value media player on amazon? With or without HD?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                  Best value media player on amazon? With or without HD?
                                                  Apparently this is amongst them

But I've only done a bit of research.

I've bought a £22 mini version from gearbest but will have to wait 3/4 weeks for delivery. (No remote or anything really, just one of those sticks)

Edit - this thread worth having a read of . Points you at this shop.
                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 12-12-14, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Highly impressed with that Wakie app. Bit revelatory that it took an innocent girl from rural Portlaoise, where scent-du-jour is cow shite, to inspire us as to the potential of the new social media 3.0, while all the entrepreneurial zeal of hard-nosed Dubliner LSB was diverted to promoting Yo.
                                                    She got it off my facebook update.

Enough about where it isn't and more about where it is is.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Where would one acquire a cheap hash pipe in Dublin?

Are there any head shops still open?

Gift for me granny.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Gift for me granny.
                                                        You sure it's not a stocking filler for the baby? Ye jackeens start them early.

Comment

Gift for me granny.
                                                          There used to be a shop at the top floor of stephens green shopping centre that sold some.

Comment

Gift for me granny.
                                                            I can picture one on south William street, failing that some of the sec shops on capel street have that sort of stuff.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

i have to go to my office xmas party this evening.

we're going to the dogs

any tips on the optimum betting strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                i have to go to my office xmas party this evening.

we're going to the dogs

any tips on the optimum betting strategy?
                                                                If ya don't like the company order vegan
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Gift for me granny.
                                                                  Asha on top of Stephen's Green centre, failing that, any of the sex shops on south william street.

Comment

1k for a vegan dinner? Do they have to hire in a vegan chef and given him his own kitchen?

1000.00e? rabble rabble, you'd have to pay me 1000.00e after last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                      Likely not to many of your tastes - went to a cracking two-man theatre show last night

Only a couple more performances (tonight and tomorrow) but highly recommended. Will be of particular enjoyment if you are or were into dance music/clubbing.
                                                                      Would have been there myself last night but I have fallen to illness. Tried to catch during the Fringe and missed out there too.

Was at an enjoyable, funny one in the New Theatre on Wednesday - The Motherf**ker with the Hat.

Comment

Also for stoner paraphernalia there is a Funky Skunk on Amiens Street close to Connelly Station:

Comment

Gift for me granny.
                                                                          Would you not consider making her one? Old people love home made gifts.

Comment

After hours spent last night frustrated and pouring over samsung forums, learning how to (and repeatedly trying and failing to) to access the phone's hidden menus...

It turned out that this 9 second clip, pound for pound and to my surprise, turned out to he the the most useful clip I've viewed. Thought it was a piss take at first.

I only made this for another reddit user who had the same problem but apparently this works for other people. If your Galaxy S3 is constantly restarting and ...

Science bless him.

Comment

Did you not order a one plus one?

Comment

London airspace closed down

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

seems to be fairly standard computer issue
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  Apparently this is amongst them

But I've only done a bit of research.

I've bought a £22 mini version from gearbest but will have to wait 3/4 weeks for delivery. (No remote or anything really, just one of those sticks)

Edit - this thread worth having a read of . Points you at this shop.
                                                                                  Can you download torrents with these machines?
                                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    London airspace closed down

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

seems to be fairly standard computer issue
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

There was a fair amount of "12/12??, ZOMG!!!!" going on for a while on various social sites
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Kayroo, these are the sort of clients you want

lots of dough, stubbornness and no brains
                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 12-12-14, 16:56.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Kayroo, these are the sort of clients you want

lots of dough, stubbornness and no brains
                                                                                          Do newspapers not employ proofreaders anymore? I see so many mistakes these days in the IT.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                            Do newspapers not employ proofreaders anymore? I see so many mistakes these days in the IT.
                                                                                            I highly doubt it - surely software makes them redundant?

KP will enlighten us

Comment

gonna buy a new e-reader.

Is the paperwhite worth twice the price of the normal kindle?

Comment

hmmm, Fitzgerald in but Boss out?

Comment

Will really shake things up from an FF point of view on a Saturday morning

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

There was a fair amount of "12/12??, ZOMG!!!!" going on for a while on various social sites
                                                                                                    still don't get it
                                                                                                    Think they made all their sub-editors redundant.

Comment

gonna buy a new e-reader.

Is the paperwhite worth twice the price of the normal kindle?
                                                                                                      Yep.

Comment

Yep.
                                                                                                        Well I'm probably gonna buy it, I'm just not sure why apart from "I want it".
                                                                                                        Seems to have a higher ppi, a light/white screen and that's it?

damn you advertising, gonna buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          I highly doubt it - surely software makes them redundant?

KP will enlighten us
                                                                                                          Think they made all their sub-editors redundant.
                                                                                                          Makes sense I guess re: software but still there are so many lazy mistakes that tilt me.

Last Sunday night after Jordan Spieth won the golf I saw a headline reading 'Jordan Speight takes runaway victory in Hero World Challenge'. Was tilted so corrected them on Twitter and they changed it to Speith. Told them they were getting closer and to try again after which they got it right. Hitting publish on that without checking basic things like the guys name is so lazy.

Comment

...

Comment

Makes sense I guess re: software but still there are so many lazy mistakes that tilt me.

Last Sunday night after Jordan Spieth won the golf I saw a headline reading 'Jordan Speight takes runaway victory in Hero World Challenge'. Was tilted so corrected them on Twitter and they changed it to Speith. Told them they were getting closer and to try again after which they got it right. Hitting publish on that without checking basic things like the guys name is so lazy.
                                                                                                              More news content than ever from less employees than ever. Something has to give.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've paid £50 more fora white background, but thanks guys

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                    More news content than ever from less employees than ever. Something has to give.
                                                                                                                    This.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Next batch of EPL rights (starting 2016-17) will have up to 10 games on a Friday night. This is a good thing.

The Premier League has opened bidding for the next tranche of television rights for three seasons from 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X