X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Twitter down for anyone?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jam-Fly;859615]I assume you've played Blast Billiards? Always gets a good few hours outta me around exam time.
      ...yep that's the one...I've probably put about 150 hours into it in the last 2 years...although never seem to best my too score...just in the humour of the proper game instead of speed game...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        he wants beats, a work mate has them and he was very impresed may as well get him want he wants!
        delighted!!! won the Beats on boyles santa sacked tonight and 225 quid. tenner well spent. Himself will be thrilled xmas morn. one plus one and a swanky headphones to boot!
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Some joker on boards.ie claiming to be a degenerate gambler after losing a $600 bet and $5k on poker at $200/$400. I call bullshit on that AMA/Well anyway. It honestly sounds like he just had a bit of craic for a year after leaving school. No mention or sign of degeneracy.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
            Some joker on boards.ie claiming to be a degenerate gambler after losing a $600 bet and $5k on poker at $200/$400. I call bullshit on that AMA/Well anyway. It honestly sounds like he just had a bit of craic for a year after leaving school. No mention or sign of degeneracy.
            Not liking your linking of Rebelram's thread on there. He decided to tell us about his issues, doesn't seem fair to him to have it put elsewhere and wider imo.

Comment

Read back a page or so.

Comment

Thgt I watched last DVD of breaking bad but see they have sent me another. " 2 parts to last series apparantly....DOH

soo happy tbh

Comment

Newsroom

SPOILER
                  What a load of steaming horseshit.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Not liking your linking of Rebelram's thread on there. He decided to tell us about his issues, doesn't seem fair to him to have it put elsewhere and wider imo.
                    It's a public forum and relevant to the thread in question. It's not like I started a thread especially to highlight his post.

Comment

It's a public forum and relevant to the thread in question. It's not like I started a thread especially to highlight his post.
                      So are we all now subject to you disseminating posts we write here elsewhere if you feel it's relevant, irrespective of how it might affect us?

Comment

The prodigal son looks to depart.

If he's looking for gametime, Connacht should be busting their balls to get him up there. They're struggling at 10 this season, which is irritating because almost all the rest is going well! (Not for that kinda money though. No chance)
                        Last edited by Emmet; 10-12-14, 09:53.

Comment

So are we all now subject to you disseminating posts we write here elsewhere if you feel it's relevant, irrespective of how it might affect us?
                          +1

I could see how you might post the link unthinkingly, but pretty bad form not to take it down imo. People here aren't faceless strangers, use a bit of discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            +1

I could see how you might post the link unthinkingly, but pretty bad form not to take it down imo. People here aren't faceless strangers, use a bit of discretion.
                            And the post is just a combination of other people's posts from here on the subject
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              Doubt he'd be that hard to get, currently destroying Napoli.
                              'Destroying' = 24 points from 14 games and 5th, 2pts off CL qualifying spot? 'Destroying' = their first trophy in a while last year?

Your Rafa hate is ridiculous. Previous two seasons in two different leagues he secured 3rd place and a trophy. He's not Ferguson / Mourinho good, but he's solid.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Never really liked the smell of you; assumed it was cause you were a jumped up united fan and left it.

Turns out it was because you're a bit of a cunt

Provably should have known, what with you being a united fan and all

As Keane said; this isn't really that public a forum, I'm the most faceless on here & even the rigger has met me

Comment

Report the post if you don't like it. Otherwise, get over yourself.

Comment

Is XBMC still the standard for HTPC's?
                                    I've ordered the projector, mount and screen, to be delivered before christmas. Looking to have a PS4 and HTPC as the input - something that could auto download torrents etc.

On another note, are all property solicitors, slow, laboursome, devoid of initiative, or is it just the one who I employed to act on my behalf.
                                    Been attempting to close a house for the guts of nine months now. For the first seven any time I requested an update the ball was in the vendors court, then when they had their shit sorted it appeared that there was issues with regards to my mortgage approval etc. Nothing seems to get done unless I barrage with phone calls. Is this standard?
                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Hitch better delete his account imo

Comment

Comment

Jaysus Dobs, you've been here long enough to surely know that that's against the whole ethos of IPB.
                                          No-one would ever posted most of the stuff they do if they thought it was going to be deliberately crosslinked on the biggest site in Ireland. Sure you might as well link to it on Rebel Rams facebook wall for his friends to see, that's the next logical step like.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            The prodigal son looks to depart.

If he's looking for gametime, Connacht should be busting their balls to get him up there. They're struggling at 10 this season, which is irritating because almost all the rest is going well! (Not for that kinda money though. No chance)
                                            Crazy money really.

Comment

Dobman - it's reasonably safe to assume people are just taking the piss out of you as this topic was extensively discussed yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                Dobman - it's reasonably safe to assume people are just taking the piss out of you as this topic was extensively discussed yesterday.
                                                This post on the boards thread is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  Newsroom

SPOILER
                                                  What a load of steaming horseshit.
                                                  utter drool

Comment

I'm not sure what was discussed yesterday, but I really don't think anyone is taking the piss.

Comment

Caveat Poster IMO. If you put it on the internet, you immediately lose control of it. If you don't want the whole world to see it, don't put it on the Internet.
                                                      Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 10-12-14, 10:50.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

As AJ said, it's the link to RebelRams post on the ama gamblers thread on boards.ie. I don't see the problem tbh as it is relevant to the topic being discussed and the guy doing the ama gave a good answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          This post on the boards thread is the issue.
                                                          http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...6&postcount=31
                                                          Ah right. I hadn't looked at that thread since yesterday. That's not particularly on imo. Dobman, you should really delete that over there although the horse has probably bolted on it.

However, posts as abusive as Elshambles are not helping the matter here.

Comment

The post has been quoted a couple of times so there's no point in deleting it now.

Comment

I have no idea how to replace the shoe lace I've just snapped in my brogues. I don't know how to adequately describe shoe laces to Amazon in order to get a replacement pair.

This is phenomenally irritating.

Comment

Ah right. I hadn't looked at that thread since yesterday. That's not particularly on imo. Dobman, you should really delete that over there although the horse has probably bolted on it.

However, posts as abusive as Elshambles are not helping the matter here.
                                                                Ok. I've deleted the post and have asked the guy to remove the link from his reply on your say so.

Why don't you think it's on linking something from here to there though? It's the same as linking anything from 2+2 or pokernews. This is a genuine question cos I honestly don't see the problem. It's not like I went off starting a thread about the goings on of IPB!

RebelRam posted that a long tiketime ago and it was relevant to the ama.

Comment

I have no idea how to replace the shoe lace I've just snapped in my brogues. I don't know how to adequately describe shoe laces to Amazon in order to get a replacement pair.

This is phenomenally irritating.
                                                                  What colour lace is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    What colour lace is it?
                                                                    brown, round & shoe-lacey

That's about all I've got

Comment

Ok. I've deleted the post and have asked the guy to remove the link from his reply on your say so.

Why don't you think it's on linking something from here to there though? It's the same as linking anything from 2+2 or pokernews. This is a genuine question cos I honestly don't see the problem. It's not like I went off starting a thread about the goings on of IPB!

What happened to report it or get over yourself?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

It's the same as linking anything from 2+2 or pokernews. This is a genuine question cos I honestly don't see the problem.

Distance from the person involved, I'd guess.
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Mylaces.com is good
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

So where did I wake up this morning?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              So where did I wake up this morning?

whereever you went to sleep last night?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                Crazy money really.
                                                                                190k to have the shit beaten out of you on a regular basis?
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tehran?

Comment

I've been working solid since 8AM Sunday morning now within one poxy step of having everything working and there is one thing stopping me. Just a few hours to shit or bust.
                                                                                    I'm having it easy compared to the other lad with me who got about three hours sleep last night and has now gone off to do a presentation that could take hours.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      On Monday I spent the day not realising it was Monday.

On Tuesday I went for lunch in a regular spot and ordered soup. The cafe was very busy and after 5 minutes I popped up to the counter to tell the manager "Hey James, I forgot to say no croutons in that Caesar Salad". I returned to my seat only to realise I had ordered the soup.

This morning I turn up for a 9am dentists appointment. I was a week early.

ffs - I obv need some Ginseng as my head is utterly fried.
                                                                                      It's the beard!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        What happened to report it or get over yourself?
                                                                                        What 5star says goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                          Distance from the person involved, I'd guess.
                                                                                          How close do you think Dobman is to Rebelram?
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            not dobman to rebel ram, but readers of an article on an irish site compared to an article on 2+2.

Comment

Why don't you think it's on linking something from here to there though? It's the same as linking anything from 2+2 or pokernews. This is a genuine question cos I honestly don't see the problem.
                                                                                              A random guy on 2+2, is a random, faceless, guy from the internet.
                                                                                              A poster from IPB isn't. It's exposing his post to a wider audience than he intended. Even if nobody that knows him ever sees it, it's not the point.
                                                                                              It's against the community aspect here.

Well technically, AMA is for asking questions, outing IPBuddys isn't really asking a question.
                                                                                              /jeopardy
                                                                                              Last edited by Mellor; 10-12-14, 11:26.

Comment

86km according to google

Comment

I wouldn't have posted the link, and I think its bad form to do so on balance, but essentially this:

Caveat Poster IMO. If you put it on the internet, you immediately lose control of it. If you don't want the whole world to see it, don't put it on the Internet.

Comment

brown, round & shoe-lacey

That's about all I've got
                                                                                                    This might be one of them horrible situations were you will have to go into a shoe shop. Or risk it and buy all of the shoe laces.

Dob, it would be like posting one of hitch's stories on a UCD thread on boards.
                                                                                                    Most people on the BBV know one another quite well and they would feel comfortable posting serious issues. It's not a written rule that we don't repost, it's just expected we don't. Otherwise the BBV just wouldn't work.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Jibzzzz; 10-12-14, 11:48.

Comment

Does anyone know as to whether a landlord/ letting agency can register you for a bill say electricity etc?

Comment

Decent

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                          Taking liberties with the word amazing there, it's a tad patronising to the guy.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                            ...Was looking around the Holland and Barrett website for a couple of minutes, specifically this Ginseng product that I think IPB have a share in hence the constant promotion...Anyway, went onto Sky Sports website, and there were ads popping up for exactly the product I was looking at...Would that be the Sky Sports website allowing them to advertise, or would there be some shite on my labtop that is doing it (virus/spam shite)?...
                                                                                                            I dunno how anyone can use the web without an adblocker on their browser as standard
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Keyboard Warrior perfects excuse for not turning up at protest.

WWN.

A relieved keyboard warrior has thanked his lucky stars after reviewing the weather forecast for Dublin today, confirming it provides him with the necessary starting point for not turning up at today's water charges protests. Vincent …

Comment

I'd say landlords transferring names of existing utilities is fairly standard with consent of user.

Comment

It's not because society looks down on you, it's because you don't have a regular income and also the potential for losses from your job. If I applied for a mortgage with my missus now I wouldn't get one either as she is a teacher who isn't permanent although has not been unemployed in many years and I'm contracting at the minute so no permanent job, so I'd be in the same boat as yo despite being able to pay a similar downpayment on a house if I wanted to.

I'm not actually looking for (another) mortgage though thankfully.
                                                                                                                  Apparently CXC help with this (I dunno if you are with them, a few contractors I know are)
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                                                    Anybody have any idea/opinion on what Irish Banks will say to me if I enquire about Buy to let Mortgages, given I am playing poker full time so have no "stable income", but am able to put down whatever % is required? Will they look at me at all or does no salary = they arent interested ?

Any opinions on pros/cons of buying outright vs getting a buy to let mortgage in my situation?

In general, not looking at a specific property/area
                                                                                                                    I was interested in buying outright vs getting a mortgage before. People didn't understand why a millionaire was getting mortgages. Some financial whizzes on reddit put forward a clear case of how a mortgage was always better as the remainder could easily earn more than you would lose during the mortgage. Wish I could find the thread but search on that site is a disaster.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    86km according to tinder
                                                                                                                    fyp

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      Apparently CXC help with this (I dunno if you are with them, a few contractors I know are)
                                                                                                                      Yeah as contracting has become more commonplace, banks have become a bit fairer in this regard. It's certainly not an instant refusal like back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        I was interested in buying outright vs getting a mortgage before. People didn't understand why a millionaire was getting mortgages.
                                                                                                                        You're a millionaire? Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          I was interested in buying outright vs getting a mortgage before. People didn't understand why a millionaire was getting mortgages. Some financial whizzes on reddit put forward a clear case of how a mortgage was always better as the remainder could easily earn more than you would lose during the mortgage. Wish I could find the thread but search on that site is a disaster.

fyp
                                                                                                                          Plus there's much better tax incentives in the US for having a mortgage.

We've a skewed view of property values here, really over the long term it massively under-performs other asset classes.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X