This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ

I got a "Notice of assessment" from revenue claiming I owe them €174, first time I have gotten one of these. On the notice, all my other tax reliefs are listed but no mention of Rent Tax Relief which is worth €200 and likely the issue

Anyone know for sure if this should be included here? Or how I would go about appealing?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      He's lost his mind...wtf are those sub's about?
      Tbf Moreno is by far their best attacking full back, for this sort of situation it's a solid sub imo.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Where are we going for torrents?
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Brilliant tactics from Rogers. Take off his only fit striker and put on a winger so they can get the ball out wide and put in crosses when there's nobody in the box.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Taking off your only recognised striker when 1 down at home & must win seems like an interesting move. Time will tell i guess......
            Cunning plan imo

You would rather be out and be able to concentrate on the League?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Brilliant tactics from Rogers. Take off his only fit striker and put on a winger so they can get the ball out wide and put in crosses when there's nobody in the box.
              Gerrard is doing what exactly out there - No 10 role but just unable to move?

Time to say thanks and give him a carriage clock. Past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Cunning plan imo

You would rather be out and be able to concentrate on the League?
                They'll be back to Europa League Thursdays instead

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  You haven't a dogs chance in hell of getting a mortgage under any terms.
                  Why not, if I put down 25%+ or whatever buy to let mortgages require, and then they have the house as security ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Was reading an article recently that stated only one team has ever comeback from being behind and a man down to win a game in the premier league era. Pretty astonishing stat, you think the dominant sides would have done it a bit more often. Stats from a huge sample say you're nearly drawing dead in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      If you just want to benefit for the rise in rents + capital value though you can buy a REIT: e.g. Green Property. Tax efficient structure, leverage (i think?), all the same rewards (85% of net rent receipts are paid out as dividends), plus you get a diversified portfolio of properties.

Decent enough article here on how they work, despite it being the Indo: http://www.independent.ie/business/c...-30402811.html
                      Yeah I already have some shares in a few of the REITs..IM just thinking in the future I'd like to do some of it on my own, and wondering what my options will be

Comment

Not in Ireland. Not this decade.
                        Really? If I buy a place outright in cash and try to take a mortgage out against it banks wont want anything to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                          Really? If I buy a place outright in cash and try to take a mortgage out against it banks wont want anything to do with it?
                          Ring up Bank of Ireland (least worst of the Irish banks) tomorrow and ask them. Pretty confident you will be refused outright, especially when you start getting into the source oc your income.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            maybe I should do an "anonymous" AMA on what it is like from the inside of a gambling organisation.
                            Things have changed a lot since your PP days. I doubt they have on the Boyles side!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                              ha yeah also started thinking about that stat after the red card.

This ain't just any team tho m8, this is Liverpool. hashtag believe.

Switched to the stream, there. ITV commentators saying it's a ridic sending off and if players started going down after being touched like that etc. Mark Lawrenson on TV3 then basically saying Markovic was retarded to do that.
                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

The lad that just came on for Basel was born in 1997
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...ha...I must admit I hate Gerrard, but what a fucking free kick...he stepped it up there...10 minutes of fun now...

Comment

Gerrard is doing what exactly out there - No 10 role but just unable to move?

Time to say thanks and give him a carriage clock. Past it.
                                      He's been much more effective than Coutinho in the same position. At least he tries passes that are actually on, unlike our usual 10.

Edit: Not bad with the set pieces either
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                        ...ha...I must admit I hate Gerrard, but what a fucking free kick...he stepped it up there...10 minutes of fun now...
                                        hate or jealous of?

Comment

ohh my days Stevie G. hashtag legend
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            I love this site, I like the set up, The way it breaks down the different files and it also shows the cover of the movie etc.

Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Fucking get in there!

Comment

Ring up Bank of Ireland (least worst of the Irish banks) tomorrow and ask them. Pretty confident you will be refused outright, especially when you start getting into the source oc your income.

Let us know how it goes.
                                                Yeah I'll be in Ireland over Xmas so I'll do it then, go in or call some of the banks and see what response I get.

Its pretty disheartening being judged / treated so negatively in certain regards because of profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                  hate or jealous of?
                                                  ...oh just hate not jealous...don't get me wrong, would love to have seen him sign for manu years ago, especially after Keanes departure, he's one of few players to not bottle it... But For some reason him and David Beckham were two players I thought were great players but would love to punch...one thing that must be stressful, Liverpool did fuck all until they were down to ten men...had they showed that all game they'd surely have qualified...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    So much for their "highly available" virtual servers. EZTV and some other smaller sites offline as well.

Swedish police have reportedly raided The Pirate Bay. The portal has been down for several hours. The site has long hidden behind the relatively lax laws of Sweden, but it appears it's exhausted the leniency.

Comment

Its pretty disheartening being judged / treated so negatively in certain regards because of profession.
                                                      Ah heyor. You pay no tax, you have no boss, you choose your own hours. The tradeoffs in terms of removing yourself from economic normality are relatively minor.

Comment

Get a real job ya bum
                                                        FYP
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                          FYP
                                                          Not at all. I'm jealous.

Comment

Dear Santa...

Comment

Yeah I already have some shares in a few of the REITs..IM just thinking in the future I'd like to do some of it on my own, and wondering what my options will be
                                                              Where'd you go to invest in them?

Comment

Some result for Arsenal looking at their starting team.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                  Dear Santa...

Doubt he'd be that hard to get, currently destroying Napoli.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

TV3's Champions League production is just so terrible
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Homeland S04 has been excellent. Hopefully they can sustain it through to the end.

Pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Prime Time . Jesus Christ. so difficult to watch
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Ah heyor. You pay no tax, you have no boss, you choose your own hours. The tradeoffs in terms of removing yourself from economic normality are relatively minor.
                                                                          Surely once there is x amount invested around the place he shouldn't need to mention poker and can say he is website affiliates, investor whatever?

Comment

Homeland S04 has been excellent. Hopefully they can sustain it through to the end.

Pleasantly surprised.
                                                                            Downloading tonight. Can't wait to get watching it again.

The Newsroom.

SPOILER
                                                                            I am not your bitch. You raise your hands above your hips and I'll knock you the fuck into next week!

Should have ended the sentence with a 'bitch', maybe.

Comment

Anybody have any idea/opinion on what Irish Banks will say to me if I enquire about Buy to let Mortgages, given I am playing poker full time so have no "stable income", but am able to put down whatever % is required? Will they look at me at all or does no salary = they arent interested ?

Any opinions on pros/cons of buying outright vs getting a buy to let mortgage in my situation?

In general, not looking at a specific property/area
                                                                              I think as a buy to let you might find someone to take you on - with a chunky deposit and the rental income the loan should be relatively secure. Might be sensible to style yourself as something other than a poker player if possible though.

The mortgage effectively adds risk and hence reward to your overall investment it's a good idea if you expect prices to increase significantly, however as others have pointed out that viewpoint isn't all that easy to justify in the medium term particularly given the economic situation Ireland finds itself in.

Depending on where you are tax resident you could be faced with tax psri & usc on the investment and cgt on any gain which undermines any potential return. You also have tenant related cost and hassle which are probably worth considering. Finally given your profession deeply illiquid assets don't intuitively seem appropriate - but that's just my perspective on it without knowing a thing about you.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                Prime Time . Jesus Christ. so difficult to watch

It's fucken terrible, i hope they get the book thrown at them. Bunch of bitter bullys.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                    TD Direct

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                      Stockbroker. REIT stands for Real Estate Investment Trust. They are basically stockmarket quoted companies which serve as property management / investment vehicles. The main aim being to manage the properties for income in most cases.

Green(the Irish one people tend to talk about) is a bit of an oddity because it is still holding a pretty substantial amount of cash, see page 136 here

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                        It's fucken terrible, i hope they get the book thrown at them. Bunch of bitter bullys.
                                                                                        Its like something from a childs orphanage from the 70s, its absolutely disgusting . its 2014 ffs . how can those workers go home to their families after violating handicapped and elderly people like that. I just dont get it. They seem to just want to chat and watch tv all day long.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                          I think as a buy to let you might find someone to take you on - with a chunky deposit and the rental income the loan should be relatively secure. Might be sensible to style yourself as something other than a poker player if possible though.

The mortgage effectively adds risk and hence reward to your overall investment it's a good idea if you expect prices to increase significantly, however as others have pointed out that viewpoint isn't all that easy to justify in the medium term particularly given the economic situation Ireland finds itself in.

Depending on where you are tax resident you could be faced with tax psri & usc on the investment and cgt on any gain which undermines any potential return. You also have tenant related cost and hassle which are probably worth considering. Finally given your profession deeply illiquid assets don't intuitively seem appropriate - but that's just my perspective on it without knowing a thing about you.
                                                                                          Thanks for that.

Not sure how to style myself then though, I am sure they will ask, and I cant really style myself as anything else without lying.

Yeah I'd have to look into all the tax implications etc.

Regarding illiqudiity thing, I dont necessarily want to be playing forever, so having some/alot of my money tied up in property wouldn't be

On the topc of property investments, are there any books considered very good on the topic, specific to Ireland (Or the UK)? alot of the books I Find are very US centric so not sure how the tax stuff relates.

Comment

Its like something from a childs orphanage from the 70s, its absolutely disgusting . its 2014 ffs . how can those workers go home to their families after violating handicapped and elderly people like that. I just dont get it. They seem to just want to chat and watch tv all day long.
                                                                                            Worrying to think that this could be happening in multiple places.

Comment

At least this came to light in a rural area. Absolutely everybody local will recognise them. Their lives are ruined.

Comment

...Was looking around the Holland and Barrett website for a couple of minutes, specifically this Ginseng product that I think IPB have a share in hence the constant promotion...Anyway, went onto Sky Sports website, and there were ads popping up for exactly the product I was looking at...Would that be the Sky Sports website allowing them to advertise, or would there be some shite on my labtop that is doing it (virus/spam shite)?...

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                                  Worrying to think that this could be happening in multiple places.
                                                                                                  I have no doubt it is, it was highlighted a few yrs back and obv didnt frighten anyone. I feel that any type of person can work in these environments. Do a FETAC course and away you go. There are a few I know to see who work in these type of places and I wouldnt let them pick up my dogs shite in my garden!

Poor Ivy , spend a few hours playing a game or interacting with her in some way and she would be grand. wtf is the problem of being out of her chair walking about ffs
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I have no doubt it is, it was highlighted a few yrs back and obv didnt frighten anyone. I feel that any type of person can work in these environments. Do a FETAC course and away you go. There are a few I know to see who work in these type of places and I wouldnt let them pick up my dogs shite in my garden!

Poor Ivy , spend a few hours playing a game or interacting with her in some way and she would be grand. wtf is the problem of being out of her chair walking about ffs
                                                                                                    Shocking programme, had a similar feel to the one they did on childcare. You wouldn't treat a dog the way they were treating some of the women.
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...Was looking around the Holland and Barrett website for a couple of minutes, specifically this Ginseng product that I think IPB have a share in hence the constant promotion...Anyway, went onto Sky Sports website, and there were ads popping up for exactly the product I was looking at...Would that be the Sky Sports website allowing them to advertise, or would there be some shite on my labtop that is doing it (virus/spam shite)?...
                                                                                                      Cookies innit.

Comment

Ah I mean I know as a profession it has alot of benefits , it just sucks when I "grow up" and want to buy a house, I might not be able to (Without all cash, or My Dad securing it or something) because society looks down on me

Comment

...Also to ask...A good few months ago, possibly last year, there was some pool game that everyone here seemed to be playing...There may even have been a tournament going on for it...Would someone be able to say which one it is that people seem to be playing please, bored shitless and always find online pool games good fun, but kinda bored of the one I normally play...

Comment

Ah I mean I know as a profession it has alot of benefits , it just sucks when I "grow up" and want to buy a house, I might not be able to (Without all cash, or My Dad securing it or something) because society looks down on me
                                                                                                            It's not because society looks down on you, it's because you don't have a regular income and also the potential for losses from your job. If I applied for a mortgage with my missus now I wouldn't get one either as she is a teacher who isn't permanent although has not been unemployed in many years and I'm contracting at the minute so no permanent job, so I'd be in the same boat as yo despite being able to pay a similar downpayment on a house if I wanted to.

I'm not actually looking for (another) mortgage though thankfully.

Comment

Tonight was my first time watchin Prime Time and I think it may be my last. Genuinely feel sick after watching that. Very, very hard to stomach and I really feel for the people being abused. How someone can do that to another being is beyond me!!

Comment

Google powered ads and cookies.
                                                                                                                Also, how are you only noticing this now?

Comment

...Also to ask...A good few months ago, possibly last year, there was some pool game that everyone here seemed to be playing...There may even have been a tournament going on for it...Would someone be able to say which one it is that people seem to be playing please, bored shitless and always find online pool games good fun, but kinda bored of the one I normally play...
                                                                                                                  The world's #1 Pool game is FREE to play! Challenge your friends or take on the world! Win tournaments, trophies and exclusive cues! Become the best – play 8 Ball Pool now!

Comment

I assume you've played Blast Billiards? Always gets a good few hours outta me around exam time.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    Google powered ads and cookies.
                                                                                                                    Also, how are you only noticing this now?
                                                                                                                    one of the more interesting ones recently was an amazon ad for La Creuset popping up on Facebook for me
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Think I will head to west Donegal coast with surfboard. Predicting waves close to 40ft !!

In all honesty I should drag my ass down there for some photos/videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                        one of the more interesting ones recently was an amazon ad for La Creuset popping up on Facebook for me
                                                                                                                        I've been bombarded with this lately

Comment

The influence of BBV is strong, these arrived today.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          I don't even have a fecking beard

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X