This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    Judd just made the snooker a little more interesting reeling off two quick fire frames.

Opr
    ...yeah that century may be a turning point...At 9-4 I kept remembering Ding a few years ago, when he literally broke down against O'Sullivan... But looks like it's gonna be 9-7 , and they Will both be thinking what happened to Ronnie in this final last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Until last week.

Self-indulgent drivel
      Should keep west wing fans happy so

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        Judd just made the snooker a little more interesting reeling off two quick fire frames.

Opr
        Want to do more than that to make snooker INTERESTING.

Comment

Some great finishes in the NFL right now. Big game next for Eagles and Seahawks

Comment

...as Davis just mentioned, why has O' Sullivan left the room after every frame... The last frame was only 10 minutes, as was previous one...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              Want to do more than that to make snooker INTERESTING.
              Ah close matches in the major finals that go down to final few frames are always a bit of value. In truth more for the drama it creates than quality of snooker. Judd with another frame, only one in it now.

Opr

Comment

...Fuck just realised I'm 7 minutes behind on the snooker...poxy shite...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                  ...as Davis just mentioned, why has O' Sullivan left the room after every frame... The last frame was only 10 minutes, as was previous one...
                  Its not as if its only him. Its routine for a long time now. Maguire and Trump were going off after every frame yesterday and its a growing thing nowadays. It wouldnt be allowed in tennis and most other sports and i dont think it should be in snooker.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                      Its not as if its only him. Its routine for a long time now. Maguire and Trump were going off after every frame yesterday and its a growing thing nowadays. It wouldnt be allowed in tennis and most other sports and i dont think it should be in snooker.
                      ...yeah it is a few of them, bit ridiculous especially the frame after mid session...
                      ...and Holy fucking Shite, 9-9!!!...Where the fuck has this come from?...who's favorite?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                        ...yeah it is a few of them, bit ridiculous especially the frame after mid session...
                        ...and Holy fucking Shite, 9-9!!!...Where the fuck has this come from?...who's favorite?...
                        Ronald

Comment

Yes. Correct. The butthurt from GAA fans and players over Hunts completely factual comments is laughable.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            What would you say are the odds in sending off a three-star scratchcard of it actually then being picked out? Would it be as low as 1,000 to one? Maybe 10,000 to one? Surely there can't be a huge amount of people playing these cards apart from the elderly.
                            I'd guess it's even more than 10,000 to one. Lot of elderly people with time and routine on their hands. Pretty much every time I've been in a 'newsagents' of late, the people in the queue were mostly buying scratchcards/ lotto tickets or cigarettes.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Just back from seeing Men Women and Children, was originally going to give it a miss as I seen the first trailer below and thought "fuck that" and then seen the second trailer below it and it made it out to be something totally different altogether. Kind of middling on it at the moment, like the idea behind it and some of the scenes were very good with heavy topics and good performances but I just didn't feel something with it overall.

1st -

Watch the official trailer 'complicated' for Men, Women & Children from director Jason Reitman (Juno, Up In The Air, Labor Day), starring Ansel Elgort, Jenni...

2nd -

Jason Reitman's Men, Women & Children is now playing in theaters everywhere. Get tickets: http://MenWomenChildrenMovie.com
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                If Rodgers doesn't survive this season I'd have him at Liverpool (probably the only fan who would mind!). I agree with all of the above but would also add that to ride out the injury / results crisis they had either side of last Christmas displayed a bullish perseverance that most managers lack. I don't give a fuck about pretty football and his teams never die wondering.
                                We should offer Diego Simeone all the money. All of it. If that fails double it.

Comment

...Great clearance in the end by O' Sullivan...Trump will kick himself for that snooker attempt...
                                  ...Great final in the end, nerve wracking in the end...

Comment

Robbie wins the MLS for Galaxy in extra time.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                      Also Landon Donovans last game for them, I think.

Comment

Also got MVP for tonight's match and the overall league MVP.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Has had a fairytale season. Most of the time looks like he is taking the utter piss over there. Just so SO much better than anyone he's playing against.
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

In saying that I thought he was pretty terrible today apart from the goal, but yeah Keane is streets ahead of the league here. Of the big 'DP' signings in MLS he's been the best made in terms of on field production, I think.

Always thought if he'd run better in his early years he'd have had a very different club career. He obviously achieved alot, and his status as an Irish legend is beyond question, but I really think he had the talent to be a regular in a champions league team but only showed it in bursts
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                              In saying that I thought he was pretty terrible today apart from the goal, but yeah Keane is streets ahead of the league here. Of the big 'DP' signings in MLS he's been the best made in terms of on field production, I think.

Always thought if he'd run better in his early years he'd have had a very different club career. He obviously achieved alot, and his status as an Irish legend is beyond question, but I really think he had the talent to be a regular in a champions league team but only showed it in bursts
                                              Inter and Leeds were just bad deals for different reasons. There were times when he was at Spurs with Berbatov that the pair of them could have been anywhere. But they were at Spurs. Liverpool dumped him too soon also - a victim of political rubbish going on at the time.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Hope Rigger is up for his breakfast club. Second Fleetwood Mac date added for July 10th. Tickets on sale this morning at 9am.

Comment

Comment

I have an Acer netbook here in DCU Hitch. Connector might be the same?

Comment

Anyone any idea where I'd pick up a laptop cable (Acer) quite quickly - any chance those Moore Street Del Boys would provide?
                                                      Maplin do a universal charger set, around 40 bucks.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot you don't come to work!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                              I did actually, thanks Dom and to all contributors.
                                                              Binked 4 expensive ass tickets, best not think about my credit card bill.
                                                              I passed the other codes on to @Megatron but he had no luck, hopefully Monday though.

While I'm on it, a big thank you to Lloyd who was really generous with his time during for our chat which I'm using to help complete an upcoming project.
                                                              I'm listening now to his dulcet tones as I transcribe it.

#BBV
                                                              Cheers for the HU last night. Managed to get 2 standing tickets.

Comment

If the BBV were to buy a tablet for about €150 for somebody who will just use it for browsing the Web/Facebook which one would they get?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                  If the BBV were to buy a tablet for about €150 for somebody who will just use it for browsing the Web/Facebook which one would they get?
                                                                  Refurb nexus 7. Newer model if possible.
                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                    Refurb nexus 7. Newer model if possible.
                                                                    Where would I get one of those? Pixmania?

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Where would I get one of those? Pixmania?
                                                                        Actually at a quick glance I cant find the nexus 7 for that sort of money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Gala...ywords=nexus+7 falls into your budget though.
                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

@SatNav - Kids went to Minvention in Galway on Sunday. They really enjoyed it. Mainly meeting the YouTubers. Queues were not that bad and YouTubers mingled after the signing sessions were over so everyone got a change to meet and chat. There was a bit of merchandise and little else but I reckon each one will improve as the event develops. I hope Mia has a ball there.
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                            Actually at a quick glance I cant find the nexus 7 for that sort of money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Gala...ywords=nexus+7 falls into your budget though.
                                                                            Went with this one

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                              @SatNav - Kids went to Minvention in Galway on Sunday. They really enjoyed it. Mainly meeting the YouTubers. Queues were not that bad and YouTubers mingled after the signing sessions were over so everyone got a change to meet and chat. There was a bit of merchandise and little else but I reckon each one will improve as the event develops. I hope Mia has a ball there.
                                                                              thanks for that , delighted it was a success. As you say it will possibly get even better as it goes on. Its great too the ticket prices were affordable to all.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Dortmund Fans is awesome

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

PC world are doing the galaxy 3 for 129

Comment

The company is doing their 'Christmas jumper day' on Friday, where our office competes with the offices in the Isle of Man, London, Malta, etc... on the quantity and quality of Christmas jumpers worn by employees. I've a real boring one and wore it two years ago, need some ideas for sprucing it up a bit; I know you can get jumpers with lights already built in, but can you get 'jumper lights' on their own anywhere? What else could I do?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                      The company is doing their 'Christmas jumper day' on Friday, where our office competes with the offices in the Isle of Man, London, Malta, etc... on the quantity and quality of Christmas jumpers worn by employees. I've a real boring one and wore it two years ago, need some ideas for sprucing it up a bit; I know you can get jumpers with lights already built in, but can you get 'jumper lights' on their own anywhere? What else could I do?
                                                                                      Get a job somewhere normal
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Was listening but not really understanding a discussion on radio today about Health Insurance in Ireland. I dont know how things work in 'The South' as we have an alleged Health Service with National Insurance contribution etc.

Guy was saying that it costs ~€900 per person atm and from May 2015 the following will apply;

Lifetime community rating

From 1 May 2015, higher charges will apply to people who are 35 years of age or older when they first take out health insurance. There will be a 2% loading for each year over 34 years of age. So, for example, if you are 35 the cost will be 2% higher than for a person aged 34 but if you are 44 the cost will be 20% higher.

These loadings will not apply if you already have health insurance when they come into effect.

Seems to me that they are pushing for ppl to get private insurance now or loaded charges will be applied!

Does it cost a fortune to get sick in Ireland?

Comment

The company is doing their 'Christmas jumper day' on Friday, where our office competes with the offices in the Isle of Man, London, Malta, etc... on the quantity and quality of Christmas jumpers worn by employees.
                                                                                          I work 4 floors down from them, far too warm for christmas jumpers at this stage, shouldn't be too much competition.

Comment

Buy a set of battery power lights and just push them through the jumper. Will just cost €2 or €3 + the jumper if you don't mind losing it.

Comment

...

Comment

What can you win for this?

A friend's company gave the winner of their Halloween Pumpkin Carving Competition an extra 5 days holidays for 2015. Unreal prize.

Comment

...

Comment

I was under the impression from people that if you are very sick both treatments are fairly fast/equivalent, but if it is less serious then that is when it matters.

Edit: and if this force much more people into health insurance does that hinder or help availability of services realistically.
                                                                                                    Is it to sustain themselves or make more money? I can guess.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-12-14, 15:25.

Comment

So I don't have to worry about health insurance for a few years then?

Comment

A pal's gf got a rather severe form of cancer - Stage 3 - at the age of 28. As they had good insurance she was seen by the top specialist in that area (actually Senator John Crown, who's apparently some form of cancer wizard) within a week, had her eggs frozen within two weeks in case there was a fertility impact of chemo, and was undergoing chemo within a month.

The chance of being able to see that type of specialist in public health are minimal and the whole process would have taken up to maybe six months rather than a month.
                                                                                                        In our system the only difference health insurance buys you for cancer treatment is that you can be in a private or semi private room rather than on a ward.
                                                                                                        You will see the very same specialist in the same timeframe and receive the very same care.
                                                                                                        Where the big differences occur is in the diagnosis stage where you can have a dramatically shorter wait for any scans tests that are not considered urgent (i.e you are probably riddled with it, they just need to confirm what treatment you need )
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          So I don't have to worry about health insurance for a few years then?
                                                                                                          I wonder do many younger people buy it if work does not provide it. I don't. Should be grand til 35 ye.

Comment

...

Comment

Speed of diagnosis can drastically improve outcomes, hence I pay for health insurance. IF something serious went awry I wouldn't want to be worrying about whether the next scan / test / procedure could have been expedited if I'd have paid more.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                What can you win for this?

A friend's company gave the winner of their Halloween Pumpkin Carving Competition an extra 5 days holidays for 2015. Unreal prize.
                                                                                                                This Ryanair again I presume.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                  This Ryanair again I presume.
                                                                                                                  I doubt that
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    I doubt that
                                                                                                                    thatszejoke
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

Bone marrow Transplant, Health (Industry), Cancer

Guy from galway who currently has Hodgkin’s Lymphoma suggesting people sign up
                                                                                                                        to bone marrow list

Comment

Some interesting posts on this reddit thread. Serendipity rocks.

How has your life changed due to what you thought would be a minor event?

Think mine was reading this article on financial markets in the library one afternoon while bored as an undergrad. Couldn't get the brilliance of it out of my head thus leading to phd etc. That fcking article.
                                                                                                                          99% of the people here who bet on football should read the first few pages of that article

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X