X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      There is a lot of RNG but I think it's good RNG for the game, makes it fun for all levels of skill.
      The "clumsy" mechanic is fun, such as Ogre Brute:

Banging past taunt guys is cool and I nailed a stealth Shade of Naxxramas with it too.

Why don't you play Arena btw? I too was a dissenter of sorts on it early on having been a more dedicated constructed player in my Magic the Gathering days, but now it accounts for 90% of my play time.

I don't have anything like a full set yet (and haven't done Naxxramas for the cards) but have been mooting the possibility of moving towards tournament play. I have been watching the World Championships videos from Blizzcon and really enjoying them.

Now I doubt that I could be bothered at my age to get to anything like their level, I remember how much time and effort it took to compete at the world level in MTG, but I would say some tourney play could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Bit of an issue of taking on too much work writing a government report. Almost 20 hour days writing the fecking thing. Clicked send an hour or two ago thank fck. Let the xmas, hannukkah, kwanzaa celebrations begin. Did I hear beers might be involved in some event on here?
        Welcome back Hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          The "clumsy" mechanic is fun, such as Ogre Brute:

Banging past taunt guys is cool and I nailed a stealth Shade of Naxxramas with it too.

Why don't you play Arena btw? I too was a dissenter of sorts on it early on having been a more dedicated constructed player in my Magic the Gathering days, but now it accounts for 90% of my play time.

I don't have anything like a full set yet (and haven't done Naxxramas for the cards) but have been mooting the possibility of moving towards tournament play. I have been watching the World Championships videos from Blizzcon and really enjoying them.

Now I doubt that I could be bothered at my age to get to anything like their level, I remember how much time and effort it took to compete at the world level in MTG, but I would say some tourney play could be fun.
          Oh I drafted that card and found it to be awesome. Nothing like somebody trying to protect a card by using a taunt and flying by it. I was a bit too careful at the start as i thought it could go rogue and attack my own minions.

Hmm I guess I dont play arena for a few reasons, I wanted to try and complete the set doing F2P constructed, however I am not close and the expansion is coming out so I may change. I certainly can earn far more cards from arena due to average win rate and I'll never catch up at this rate.

Another reason was time, I could complete my quests fast and log off and play my main game.

The main reason was that I love building decks, I love getting a new card and building a deck fitting it in, and constructed is fun for that. Especially when my decks were free and some cost hundreds in buying packs but I could beat them. MTG is awesome, I have not played it but it always looked cool, the problem was buying all the decks. I rocked up to the boards.ie HS tournament with a free priest deck and won, which is a cool thing to have in a game. Similarly how people with free decks (trump) have reached legend.

I like competitive play and have played in teams in games for a long time. I think i'd like to copy you and try some tournaments. Do you watch any streamers? I love watching them and the tournaments.

Comment

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Do you watch any streamers? I love watching them and the tournaments.
                I went through a short period of watching Trump playing Arena, but that's pretty much it. Piloted his FTP Mage deck for a while when I first started playing.

Unrelatedly, it would appear that staying up late and buying stuff online has become my new thing. Did it again tonight. I did not see this coming.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  watched snowpiercer yesterday. Can't believe i missed it when it came out and don't believe i heard anyone talking about it in here, but well worth the watch. Fantastic sci-fi film from a korean director (john hoo bong) with hints of "delicatessen" crazyness.

Really enjoyed it.
                  Just saw this film now. I can understand Richie hatred for the film... Think it is one of those you either love or hate.

Personally I thought it was a bit nuts but very enjoyable if you didn't take it too seriously. I am very much in shrapnel camp on this one.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...Harrington finally wins again...Absolutely chuffed he never gives in...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Meat sweats.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Meat sweats.
                        That new Brazilian restauraunt in Ranaelagh?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                          Really I thought it was rubbish. Hammy performances, stupid plot and not the deep examination of class divide and social injustice it was aimed/billed as.

I didn't think the film had any subtlety and just ran from section to section relying on action set pieces and slick camera work to distract from under developed characters and as I mentioned over acted performances.

If you are going to go for this type of film I think you need to build an emotional connection between the characters on a micro level to balance the big picture distoypian setting.

I didn't care about any of the characters and any of the big reveals/plot points were retarded and did I mention terribly delivered.

I would go so far as to say the biggest let down of a film I watched all year and would have turned it off if my gf doesn't demand to finish out every film no matter how crappy.
                          i saw this film not having read anything about it, and the above seems too much for me, and overanalysed.

i agree some of the acting wasn't great, but it didn't detract too much for me.

i think it's pretty impressive how they managed to remove the tension in this film and let it be carried by scene after scene, some of which are just brilliant imo.

SPOILER
                          the arm scene, the prison scene, the tunnel scene, the school scene....

and the lack of tension kind of makes sense once you realise this is just another culling exercise

i don't mind a weak character hero when surrounded by brilliant second string characters, and there are loads here imo.

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                          Just saw this film now. I can understand Richie hatred for the film... Think it is one of those you either love or hate.

Personally I thought it was a bit nuts but very enjoyable if you didn't take it too seriously. I am very much in shrapnel camp on this one.
                          i agree, it's a love it or hate it kind of film, and glad someone else liked it!!!

Comment

Meat sweats.
                            Not sure I ate enough to get to that..alcohol poisoning sweats on the other hand
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              Technical iPhone question:

My iPhone 4s had begun to creak beyond my tolerance so I upgraded to a 5c today. I backed up the 4s to the iCloud and went to activate the new phone there after the Simcard transferred but it won't let me choose my iCloud backup because the backup was on iOS 8.1 and the 5c had 7.1. Am I forced to use iTunes here, or if I set up the 5c as a 'new phone' and upgrade to latest iOS version will I be able to sync against the iCloud backup at that point?

Any help appreciated!
                              Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                              4s is better than a 5c. Should went 6. To answer your question looks like you will have to use iTunes
                              On the phone side of things, I don't spend a huge time worrying about how my phone compares to what's on the market. A 4s / 5c are both utterly magical to me - even if more bells and whistles could be sought on the market for more money.

On my question side of things, thanks but I was actually able to use the iCloud backup as I suspected:

- set up as new phone;
                              - update software;
                              - choose to erase all content;
                              - set up again and choose iCloud backup;

Cheers though.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

...Final of the U.K Snooker about to start...It's best of 19, thankfully...not too keen on best of 11, especially for majors... But looking forward to this final more than any in the last couple of years...I'm smelling something special...

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                    had to do an interview and transcribe it recently too, fuck me, way more painful than I thought it'd be (the transcribing of recording to typed transcript - not the actual interview!). How long was the interview?
                                    Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                    Actually, it'd probably be a lot easier to slow it down to half speed, though I'm too lazy to figure out what to use to do that because I don't think I will be transcribing more things, I type fast though so that is grand.

It's a great help. He spend the guts of a couple of hours with me
                                    Some of the poker guys who do interviews & then have to type them up use VLC to slow down the speed and make it easier to transcribe, give it a go.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

What do people think of this BT thing of running around the pitch when the players are warming up trying to get interviews?

Very mixed feelings... can see that they are trying to bring the fans more into it etc but feels like they are just annoying the lads more than anything and nothing really relevant been said.

Prefer the way the NFL does it with a camera just there and players mic'd up.

Comment

Allardyce never really gets the praise he deserves, generally because he's a big common loadmouth but he's probably been the standout English manager since the early 2000's. The job he did at Bolton was phenomenal, got them promotion, then a few seasons of consolidation before 4 top 10's in a row including a season in Europe, don't think any manager has achieved as much with a promoted team. He was also one of the first to use the Moneyball style approach to analysing his players and making signings. He's surprising intelligent when you hear him talk about this.

West Ham now showing a similarly impressive upward curve since promotion, made some seriously shrewd signings in the summer. Play some great football at times too. Most fans of top clubs would turn their noses up at even the mention of him and those jobs obv bring greater challenges but I reckon he has the credentials for it and definitely deserves a crack at one.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Allardyce never really gets the praise he deserves, generally because he's a big common loadmouth but he's probably been the standout English manager since the early 2000's. The job he did at Bolton was phenomenal, got them promotion, then a few seasons of consolidation before 4 top 10's in a row including a season in Europe, don't think any manager has achieved as much with a promoted team. He was also one of the first to use the Moneyball style approach to analysing his players and making signings. He's surprising intelligent when you hear him talk about this.

West Ham now showing a similarly impressive upward curve since promotion, made some seriously shrewd signings in the summer. Play some great football at times too. Most fans of top clubs would turn their noses up at even the mention of him and those jobs obv bring greater challenges but I reckon he has the credentials for it and definitely deserves a crack at one.
                                          Has certainly earned his stripes. Anyone else would be touted for the England job when it pops up sporadically but the FA are still stuck in the mindset of appointing a McClaren/Hodgson type rather than a Clough/Allardyce.

Comment

He's waiting on the Madrid job although when he gets it I don't know how he will handle not saying "Barclay's Premier League" every second sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                              What do people think of this BT thing of running around the pitch when the players are warming up trying to get interviews?

Very mixed feelings... can see that they are trying to bring the fans more into it etc but feels like they are just annoying the lads more than anything and nothing really relevant been said.

Prefer the way the NFL does it with a camera just there and players mic'd up.
                                              Those BT fucks are trolling me!

They have hired every annoying cunt off every other channel and handed me free sport with a really shitty broadband service

*Should say recently moved flat; don't miss the free sports channel at all, which surely says something about their service!?
                                              Last edited by Guest; 07-12-14, 15:04.

Comment

Was reading an article recently that stated only one team has ever comeback from being behind and a man down to win a game in the premier league era. Pretty astonishing stat, you think the dominant sides would have done it a bit more often. Stats from a huge sample say you're nearly drawing dead in that situation. Found it interesting from a betting perspective, like if Chelsea gave away a pen early against Burnley and saw red you'd prob still get ~5/1 on them winning.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                  ...Final of the U.K Snooker about to start...It's best of 19, thankfully...not too keen on best of 11, especially for majors... But looking forward to this final more than any in the last couple of years...I'm smelling something special...
                                                  I think Trump is one of the worst players to be looking to put it up to Ronnie and keep a game close. Need someone like Selby or Hawkins, or even an Ebdon or a Dott.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    Those BT fucks are trolling me!

They have hired every annoying cunt off every other channel and handed me free sport with a really shitty broadband service

*Should say recently moved flat; don't miss the free sports channel at all, which surely says something about their service!?
                                                    These commentators are tilting me big time. So biased towards the English players its unreal! Smart little comments constantly.

Comment

He's the Roy Hodgson of the north.

Comment

Is there such a thing as an ace stream link for the Rugby?
                                                        flash stream is shit
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          flash stream is shit
                                                          it depends on the match, but if there is you'll usually find it on wiziwig. just checked there, and no acestream for the leinster game, but there are some for the Toulouse game

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            it depends on the match, but if there is you'll usually find it on wiziwig. just checked there, and no acestream for the leinster game, but there are some for the Toulouse game

Sorry, I should have said I had looked at wiziwig
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              flash stream is shit
                                                              Took me ages to find this: http://www.tv-sv.com/2010/08/bt-sport-2.html

Needs VLC to run. Just as good as acestream.

Comment

Seems there is an outbreak of coughing leprosy amongst the audience. This coughing, wtf.
                                                                The new buzz phrase taking over from 'to say the least' and 'in fairness' is when answering a question is 'no yeah'.

Comment

Hate to see Connacht get their players pillaged but surely Leinster are going to be in for Rob Henshaw this summer.

Comment

Meltdown: Claude Tells TY He's Deluded - Stoke City 3 Arsenal 2FOOTBALLFANAGER: http://goo.gl/ZzqR8hDONATE TO MOVEMBER: http://goo.gl/0qTjliAFTV ONLINE SH...
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Butchers grill do a lovely brunch must say. Seating a little cosy,like most places in ranelagh. Excellent scotch egg, and confit duck hash was lush. 16 quid for a tricked up fry tho, 10 for eggs benedict seems cheap by comparison.
                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Was reading an article recently that stated only one team has ever comeback from being behind and a man down to win a game in the premier league era. Pretty astonishing stat, you think the dominant sides would have done it a bit more often. Stats from a huge sample say you're nearly drawing dead in that situation. Found it interesting from a betting perspective, like if Chelsea gave away a pen early against Burnley and saw red you'd prob still get ~5/1 on them winning.
                                                                        wow, that's incredible. The penalty/red card combo happens fairly common, wouldn't have thought it was that big a nail in the coffin.

Big Sam is the man. There's reason for everything he does and it's all backed up by numbers. That alone puts him ahead of plenty of other top flights managers. There's variance in football, and when it's going against Big Sam, it's very easy for fans to get on his back due to the apparent 'ugly' way he plays football.

Pardew on the other hand is experiencing the upside of variance but in reality is a poor manager imo. The fans won't care though and will be singing his praises.
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Messi and Ronnie are just so far ahead of everyone...

Comment

Hate to see Connacht get their players pillaged but surely Leinster are going to be in for Rob Henshaw this summer.
                                                                            Can't this summer anyway, his contract runs until 2016.

Comment

Matt O'Connor could have a World XV backline and he'd manage to make them look ordinary.

Comment

Poor old Mike Ross had a hard day at the office today. Ireland and Leinster relying him almost totally is probably the biggest concern at the moment in my opinion.

Can't wait for Sexton to be back in blue as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                  wow, that's incredible. The penalty/red card combo happens fairly common, wouldn't have thought it was that big a nail in the coffin.
                                                                                  It probably very rare under the circumstances that The Situation specified, i.e., a heavily favoured team going both a goal behind and losing a player early in a match.

The best teams just don't get into red card situations in the first half of matches against the rags and when they do referees will be naturally disinclined to give double whammys (penalty and redcard) against the big teams early on.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                    Matt O'Connor could have a World XV backline and he'd manage to make them look ordinary.
                                                                                    To be fair the team is drastically changed from two seasons ago between retirements, departures, injuries and players reaching the end. They had possibly the best 10 12 13 combo in worldwide club rugby with Sexton D'arcy and O'Driscoll. Now they have Gopperth, Madigan and unfortunately an ever declining D'arcy.

Add in Cullen's retirement, injuries to the likes of Cian Healy, Sean O'Brien, etc and it was never going to be pretty.

Though I do agree a O'Connor doesn't look the right man for the job.

On another note, I never understand players retiring and getting a senior coaching position as their first role. It's only Cullen at Leinster but Munster have Flannery and Mick O'Driscoll assisting Foley in his first head coach position. Far better to do what the likes of Girvan Dempsey have done, he started with Academy, is now with the A side and will presumably be part of the senior setup in the next couple of years.

Comment

I find this soo funny for some reason,

gotta be a gif sometime lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        It probably very rare under the circumstances that The Situation specified, i.e., a heavily favoured team going both a goal behind and losing a player early in a match.

The best teams just don't get into red card situations in the first half of matches against the rags and when they do referees will be naturally disinclined to give double whammys (penalty and redcard) against the big teams early on.
                                                                                        yeah true. The only time I can remember this happening off hand was Chelsea vs QPR a few years ago. Think Chelsea ended up being down to 9 men and a goal down though, so obviously 9 vs 11 is always fairly hard to come back from! Chelsea vs Barca when Terry got sent off was a pretty impressive performance a goal and a man down, but that's Champions League and away goals etc obviously distort things a bit.
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Christmas comes early thanks to the generousity and good will of hotspur!

Great fit and quality too I might add.

Comment

Finally having Sundays off is working out. NFL Redzone, laid up on the couch! Oh yes!

Comment

...I gotta stop listening to Ed Sheeran love songs...It's amazing how certain songs relate to certain people you know...Starting tomorrow I'm gonna start listening to "I hate you" kinda songs...she'll fuck off then...

Comment

...

Comment

...I gotta stop listening to Ed Sheeran love songs...It's amazing how certain songs relate to certain people you know...Starting tomorrow I'm gonna start listening to "I hate you" kinda songs...she'll fuck off then...
                                                                                                  Nirvana and My Chemical Romance is what you're after if it's post break up songs you're on about. None of that Sheeran, Blunt, Script bullshit that the wimminz listen tto.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                    Nirvana and My Chemical Romance is what you're after if it's post break up songs you're on about. None of that Sheeran, Blunt, Script bullshit that the wimminz listen tto.
                                                                                                    Stone Roses - I am the resurrection
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Interesting looking programme starting on Channel 4 at 8 showing how they dismantled an british army base (Camp Bastion) in Afganistan. Housed 32,000 troops.
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                        Interesting looking programme starting on Channel 4 at 8 showing how they dismantled an british army base (Camp Bastion) in Afganistan. Housed 32,000 troops.
                                                                                                        Quite enjoyable so far - funny to think of the opportunities that are available to people in large milliary organisations; that Camp Bastion work needs so many specialists of different types.
                                                                                                        Last edited by ionapaul; 07-12-14, 20:46.

Comment

Anybody been watching the Newsroom?? Season 3 better than season 2 so far imo.

Comment

If Rodgers doesn't survive this season I'd have him at Liverpool (probably the only fan who would mind!). I agree with all of the above but would also add that to ride out the injury / results crisis they had either side of last Christmas displayed a bullish perseverance that most managers lack. I don't give a fuck about pretty football and his teams never die wondering.
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Until last week.

Self-indulgent drivel

Comment

Poor old Mike Ross had a hard day at the office today. Ireland and Leinster relying him almost totally is probably the biggest concern at the moment in my opinion.

Can't wait for Sexton to be back in blue as well.
                                                                                                                Going to be some grindfest at the Aviva next week. We deserve to be out already given how shit MOC has us playing but the softest group ever probably means we can still luckbox a home QF.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                  Quite enjoyable so far - funny to think of the opportunities that are available to people in large milliary organisations; that Camp Bastion work needs so many specialists of different types.
                                                                                                                  One frightening point at the end where an Afgan troop was asked how do you communicate between the towers and he said by waving as they have no radios.

Comment

Until last week.

Self-indulgent drivel
                                                                                                                    I'm a big fan, shame it's ending
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Judd just made the snooker a little more interesting reeling off two quick fire frames.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm a big fan, shame it's ending
                                                                                                                        Yeah I really like it. Didn't knoww it was finishing though.

Until last week.

Self-indulgent drivel
                                                                                                                        I'm only watching ep 2 now. What went wrong for you? I'm finding it a bit funnier this season and the story line is more interesting to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X