This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    I would begin looking for work in Jan, not maybe start till Feb in an ideal situation and having to tell them I need one week off in April and then 2 weeks off in July would be embarrassing and unfair to them I think. where as If I start in Feb , in most situations they may ask have I hols booked which i think saying yes i have two weeks booked in the summer is more acceptable if you get me
    I hear you but you can't hamstring yourself to that extent when out hunting imo , cancelling one of the holidays for the sake of a job is a no brainer and wouldn't do you any harm at interview stage either.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
      Michelle there is no way in the world that your previous employer would enforce a non-compete clause in your situation. Don't even think twice imo.
      It is the same company?

it says in the original contract that i cant apply to iconic newspapers or rivals for 6 months
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

It is the same company?

it says in the original contract that i cant apply to iconic newspapers or rivals for 6 months
        Rivals definitely do not worry about. The cost of enforcing this will mean they would never do it in your situation.
        Not sure how the company works if it is a different area of the company. Unlikely you would be able to but I'd check with the recruiter. Nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          They're 22 yards from the ball, wtf would they want headgear for? This is a billion to one shot, literally.
          ...22 yards?...holy fuck now that it is a shock...I'd have given 15 yards max...

Comment

if Stephanie beats off stiff competition from James Rodriguez and Robin van Persie to win the award next month.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
              Rivals definitely do not worry about. The cost of enforcing this will mean they would never do it in your situation.
              Not sure how the company works if it is a different area of the company. Unlikely you would be able to but I'd check with the recruiter. Nothing to lose.
              TBH I'm not sure if those kind of clauses are even enforceable (especially not in this instance). Chances are they would probably waive it anyway. I wouldn't let that get in the way of applying.
              Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-12-14, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                Looks like Baxters? Very cool little bar, been there many a time when I used to work in the city. It's one of the "secret" bars!!
                Yup Baxters. First time there.
                Missed the entrance the first time and end up in another hidden bar opposite the alleyway. The barbershop I think it was called.

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                  Didn't really understand the fuss about headphones until I tried some of these and had to get a pair: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...dio+headphones

Amazing quality, better than beats and don't look so stupid
                  Solid choice, rugged as hell, probably almost every pro-dj has a set.

Comment

fuck it I sent another email to the boss in scotland . I write quite well full of wine.

I have fuck all to lose. I ended the email with. If you are in Ireland again I would be more than happy to meet up for a chat.
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Back on the horse SatNav, giddy up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                        I wasn't serious in my post fwiw, but would a self-created receipt not be frowned upon/illegal? How would the receipt be worded or formatted (like it would hardly be "to: me, from: me, paid with thanks, signed me")?

Anyway, for a more serious response Finkel, tell him to give you the invoice or you'll burn his house down. I've found that the easiest approach when dealing with difficult people.
                        You only keep reciepts so you can prove (if asked) you expenditure.
                        a) he'll probably never be asked
                        b) if he is its the other guy who will have to explain why there is no invoice.

The "I'll burn your house down" line only really works in Limerick.
                        twitter
                        moneybookers

Comment

I.Origins.

SPOILER
                          What a load of bollix.

SPOILER
                          Great way to ruin a very good premise. They really could have taken the Iris/Window to the soul/Reincarnation to a whole new level...jasus, sequels even...they fucked it up by being thick cunts.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                            You only keep reciepts so you can prove (if asked) you expenditure.
                            a) he'll probably never be asked
                            b) if he is its the other guy who will have to explain why there is no invoice.

I'm a big picture thinker, think it's time we expanded with our business methods
                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post

Ah heyeor....
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

what do people think about the Balotelli 'racist post' allegation? Political correctness gone mad or something that is too far past the line?

Apology here:

SPOILER
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I have PC350s for gaming, cost a few hundred new but well worth it (I was given them free anyway so fuck it, I'd just spend fuck all myself).

As for wireless ones, some lad s in work walk around with them and they cover their ears, so I'll ask.

It is the same company?

Yeah that doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure that's in all my contracts, and all of my work buddies and they often say how it means nothing realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    Don't think he played bad tonight. He's past playing 90 Mims every week aswell as midweek but definitely still useful
                                    More assists than anyone else in the PL the last three seasons. Agreed he needs resting more, though. Expect to see Lucas and Allen paired more often as the Busy Christmas Period approaches.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      I probably said that it was a thing, but no, I don't now nor have I ever known people personally who did this...that I know of.
                                      I knew 2 people who functioned "normally" while on the stuff. One was a radio controller for a cab company (and also my brother) and the other was a bus driver I used to work with who occasionally went upstairs on the bus and "blew a bag" at the terminus.

Comment

A drummer that can swing an axe ?

Yes, its true.

Life will be better listening from the start, I promise.

For the rushed, take a moment, close down the screen and think what are you doing with your very precious days here.

Now that the rushed are gone, 6min in for the drum solo to die for.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          same father son combo from the infamous drive over video game collection with lawnmower video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCUsNx1HTs
                                          Not sure what to make of that but video taker may come across the worst.

Comment

Not on the tube, but available in other spots, paul simon live from webster hall, a much better visual of the 3 guitars on mystery train.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Epic snooker

Comment

same father son combo from the infamous drive over video game collection with lawnmower video.

Are we supposed to think thats real?
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  Are we supposed to think thats real?
                                                  Its as real as you ?
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I expect to freeze me nuts off but ill be there front and center tomorrow night.

The Waterboys - A girl called Johnny, live, broadcasted 1993Order of Songs:1. All the things she gave me2. A girl called Johnny3. Red Army Blues
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I'll be sitting there tomorrow evening......

Big game and all that

Anyone been to the hippodrome in Leicester Square. it's near our hotel and the bar is ope 24 hours. might be worth heading in?
                                                      Last edited by newbie2; 03-12-14, 01:02.

Comment

I am going to Lanazrote in April and Tenerife in July. Think it would look stupid explaining all that to a new employer.
                                                        Wish I had your problems

Comment

My Granddad died earlier today. A wonderful man who led a wonderful life. Rest in Peace Poppa.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Exactly the same distance a batsman is from the bowler.
                                                            It would actually make more sense to insist that the wicket keeper, slips and other close-in fielders should wear protective gear (note: I don't think this does make sense). That umpire must have been (a) half-asleep and (b) unbelievably unlucky.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Israeli government dissolved. Would be confident that Netanyahu gets back in one way or another.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Homeland

Massive comeback
                                                                Herself watches this so I kinda throw my eye at it every now & then but pretty gripping last night alright.

Comment

Where if anywhere could I find what price United have been against Stoke at home for the last ten or so seasons

Comment

Richard Glynn steps down as CEO of Ladbrokes.
                                                                    You on the move again Noel ?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                      Not sure what to make of that but video taker may come across the worst.
                                                                      It's staged dudes, it's a fairly famous thing at this stage, look at another of their videos:

An angry father runs over his son's video game collection with a lawn mower.Want more videos like this one, check out the Psycho Series:http://www.youtube.co...

If it started out real it's set up by now, but it didn't :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                                                        Where if anywhere could I find what price United have been against Stoke at home for the last ten or so seasons
                                                                        Premier League results, scores & historical odds, Football England. Don't miss on any Premier League results or scores with Odds Portal.

Comment

Getting some breakfast in Manchester after the game last night. It was my sisters first game so delighted she got to see them win even if it was too close at the end. Took her down to the players entrance after in the hope of just meeting Di Maria cos he's her favourite player and he duly obliged with a photo but my dope of a sister managed to delete it when scanning through them. She was happy to meet him though. I'm wrecked but she seems to still be buzzing. That's her xmas present out of the way early anyway.

No pics for the pervs before ye ask. GTFO.

Comment

Anyone been following this "Serial" podcast?

People from This American Life are involved, and it's delving into a murder case from 1999 where the ex-boyfriend of a girl was convicted of doing her in with tenuous evidence and has been in jail since.

There are interviews with the guy in jail, recordings of police interviews etc. Pretty interesting and very well put together as you would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                              Getting some breakfast in Manchester after the game last night. It was my sisters first game so delighted she got to see them win even if it was too close at the end. Took her down to the players entrance after in the hope of just meeting Di Maria cos he's her favourite player and he duly obliged with a photo but my dope of a sister managed to delete it when scanning through them. She was happy to meet him though. I'm wrecked but she seems to still be buzzing. That's her xmas present out of the way early anyway.

No pics for the pervs before ye ask. GTFO.
                                                                              Easy enough to retrieve the deleted pic if you want to.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

FAO Rigger, Fleetwood Mac announce an extra date.....3 weeks after the first date though, July 10.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  Anyone been following this "Serial" podcast?

People from This American Life are involved, and it's delving into a murder case from 1999 where the ex-boyfriend of a girl was convicted of doing her in with tenuous evidence and has been in jail since.

There are interviews with the guy in jail, recordings of police interviews etc. Pretty interesting and very well put together as you would expect.
                                                                                  binged on it on Monday after having it recommended to me. Didn't realise it was true. New update tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                    Easy enough to retrieve the deleted pic if you want to.
                                                                                    Techno phobe here. Is it possible to diy or bring it to a shop? I'll say it to her but I think she was pretty content just meeting him.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                      Techno phobe here. Is it possible to diy or bring it to a shop? I'll say it to her but I think she was pretty content just meeting him.
                                                                                      Easy DIY job, download some software, run it.

Recuva is what i have used in the past.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Where is there some cheapo sushi for takeaway in town? Anywhere better than here?

Gonna try it out if not.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          My Granddad died earlier today. A wonderful man who led a wonderful life. Rest in Peace Poppa.
                                                                                          My Grandmother passed away last night at 98. The last year or so were pretty poor from a standard of living point of view. I really regret not having seen her with a month as one small thing stopped me the other day. Considering I had seen her every day for 95% of my life it really kills me that I just prioritised other stuff.
                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            binged on it on Monday after having it recommended to me. Didn't realise it was true. New update tomorrow?
                                                                                            Not sure on the next instalment. They took a break for Thanksgiving so whenever that was on is a week off.

I spent the first episode or two unsure if it was real or not, but it is alright. There's a massive reddit cult after springing up doing their usual amateur sleuthing thing which has actually led to some pretty weighty moral considerations arising in terms of whether someone like Jay deserves to have the attention of so many people foisted upon him basically speculating 15 years on as to whether or not he's guilty of a murderhe's never even been accused of by authorities etc.

Have you listened to all of it so far? Guilty/not guilty leans?

Comment

Mail... kimp?
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

My fears were correct first off, the cunt of a new manager started her buddy last week in my job. Pissed me off and reduced me to tears yet again this eve.

regards me looking for work , no not yet as I am going to Lanazrote in April and Tenerife in July. Think it would look stupid explaining all that to a new employer. My stamps kick in January 200 quid odd or whatever so i am going to avail of that till at least May.

I dont think I will ever get a job like that again so not fucking arsed right now tbh. still fucking annoyed. that news today just pissed me off even further. i am not one to hold grudges but I couldnt repeat the evil thoughts that went through my head today. Its so unlike me to be thinking that way of someone.

The Leinster Leader part of same paper are looking for reps and I cant even apply to that as my old contract says i cant, what an absolute bastard that woman is.
                                                                                                I would begin looking for work in Jan, not maybe start till Feb in an ideal situation and having to tell them I need one week off in April and then 2 weeks off in July would be embarrassing and unfair to them I think. where as If I start in Feb , in most situations they may ask have I hols booked which i think saying yes i have two weeks booked in the summer is more acceptable if you get me.

I think I have some kind of deep disgust, fear, confidence fucked from what was said to me with her also, I genuinely have never been so hurt in my life over a situation as i have been with this episode. It has affected me fairly badly so much so not a day has passed that i dont think about it. I dunno maybe deep down i am afraid to look for a job.

there is a few more bits to this story that i havent mentioned. phone calls from a customer ( that i have recorded) that told me so much more

Ah SatNav stop wallowing in it. It was office politics and you got fucked. Super standard stuff. It happens at every level and you need to get better at playing the game. You left yourself exposed (not all your fault as most of it was unavoidable due to you only finding your way) and she saw an opportunity to further her personal agenda and she pounced.

It doesn't reflect on you as a person or a hard working employee and when asked about it in the future I'd simply answer the question by being positive about the role and the company and just say that a new manager came in and she wanted to give someone else your role and that your face didn't fit.
                                                                                                Just say you can't do a sales/business promotion job if you're not wanted by your manager and that you therefore moved on. End of story. Future employers will understand immediately.

The best thing you can do is have a great Christmas break, laugh about what happened and get stuck in looking for the next thing in mid January. The reality is that with the appointment of a new manager the lovely job that you enjoyed so much was gone whether you were working there or not. You certainly don't want to be going back there so emailing the owner is crazy.

The nice couple of months you had there are over and the girls left behind will be dealing with fallout from the new manager for as long as they remain there or she's working there. Who cares now.

It's always tricky starting a new job (especially in sales/business development), there is always office politics, other people's agendas, competition with fellow employees from the word go.....It's the nature of the gig and you can't let it upset you or throw you. If people aren't out to do you down or seeing you as a threat you're doing something wrong imo. The one thing certain in life is that it's not about how hard you work or how committed you are to the business that gets you ahead. Nice to have qualities for sure but way down the list for getting and staying ahead...

As for the three weeks holidays in 2015. Irrelevant and just an excuse for wallowing imo. If I'm hiring an outgoing and bubbly salesperson I expect them to take holidays to keep themselves fresh and from burning out.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

I'll be sitting there tomorrow evening......

Big game and all that

Anyone been to the hippodrome in Leicester Square. it's near our hotel and the bar is ope 24 hours. might be worth heading in?
                                                                                                  If it's the Hippodrome Casino supposed to have some really decent grub, place looks very nice.
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    Not sure on the next instalment. They took a break for Thanksgiving so whenever that was on is a week off.

I spent the first episode or two unsure if it was real or not, but it is alright. There's a massive reddit cult after springing up doing their usual amateur sleuthing thing which has actually led to some pretty weighty moral considerations arising in terms of whether someone like Jay deserves to have the attention of so many people foisted upon him basically speculating 15 years on as to whether or not he's guilty of a murderhe's never even been accused of by authorities etc.

Have you listened to all of it so far? Guilty/not guilty leans?
                                                                                                    Yeah I've caught up totally. Guilty but things not adding up.

Think there's a fair chance that the library evidence that was never presented was confusion. Plenty of rubbish, rubbish evidence used in trial though. Timelines & stuff making no sense.

Comment

Russell Brand The Trews (E202).Yesterday I joined residents and supporters of the New Era estate on a march against US investment company Westbrook’s plans t...

Brand has at least one good point; most modern journalists are just fucking snides (Irish lad comes across as a right smirking cunt imo), sniding & bluster are the only place there is any money left in that game

Comment

Is that not a valid line of questioning from the journalist though?
                                                                                                        Brand blindly asserting "I'm part of the solution, not the problem" doesn't carry much logical weight when you listen to what he's being asked "Isn't the demand of the super-rich driving up house prices in London?".

At the same time, you'd hope that there was some left-leaning line of questioning from a reliable mainstream source (there might have been, but I doubt it), but we don't get to an equilibrium there without some right-side (though I hate the two terms) questions being asked too.

Of course, it's totally up to Brand to answer only the questions he wants to in order to suit his particular narrative (canny), but is openness not preferable to censorship? Brand does seem an articulate man, but perhaps self awareness isn't a strongpoint?

Comment

I think it was more that the point from the reporter was just something that - while may be somewhat true, does not matter compared to the main issues involved or what was happening that day, but merely to jab and make an inflammatory point that was besides the point.

Comment

Is that not a valid line of questioning from the journalist though?
                                                                                                            Brand blindly asserting "I'm part of the solution, not the problem" doesn't carry much logical weight when you listen to what he's being asked "Isn't the demand of the super-rich driving up house prices in London?".

At the same time, you'd hope that there was some left-leaning line of questioning from a reliable mainstream source (there might have been, but I doubt it), but we don't get to an equilibrium there without some right-side (though I hate the two terms) questions being asked too.

Of course, it's totally up to Brand to answer only the questions he wants to in order to suit his particular narrative (canny), but is openness not preferable to censorship? Brand does seem an articulate man, but perhaps self awareness isn't a strongpoint?
                                                                                                            More the point that they really are snides rather than is it a valid question
                                                                                                            Speak to anyone who got out of that game over the last 10 years and what it's all become just tabloid crap

TBH most of what is coming out of Brands mouth can fuck off, he is very articulate but not that bright imo
                                                                                                            Never a fan of his comedy and telling young people to avoid voting so that parties can ignore them without recourse is a bit ...

City like London is always going to have hyper expensive flats and yes Brands being around the corner is part of what is driving up the prices in the area

But as a journo he has too lines; cover the problem or make it about brand to get cheep copy, he didn't ask that question to make the above point, he made it to have a dig. The smile when he got what he wanted...

Champagne socialists have always pissed me off to an extent (hence I turned down requests to join Labour when I was a kid) but if you can't have a view to helping someone worse off than you!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              I think it was more that the point from the reporter was just something that - while may be somewhat true, does not matter compared to the main issues involved or what was happening that day, but merely to jab and make an inflammatory point that was besides the point.
                                                                                                              Not sure asking Brand whether it's not a bit hypocritical of him to be on that march is inflammatory and beside the point though?

If I went on an Anti-Gambling march, as a main figure of the march, and a reporter asked me was there not a conflict between what I say and what I do is that not a fair question? Should I be immune from analysis? Would it not be far more pertinent to not allow yourself be open to the criticism by either
                                                                                                              A - Not be part of the problem you're campaigning against
                                                                                                              B - Take a less visible part so as not to deflect attention away from the cause

The media is a 'gamed' industry now. Brand talks about this, but then ignores his own advice.

Comment

Not sure asking Brand whether it's not a bit hypocritical of him to be on that march is inflammatory and beside the point though?

If I went on an Anti-Gambling march, as a main figure of the march, and a reporter asked me was there not a conflict between what I say and what I do is that not a fair question? Should I be immune from analysis? Would it not be far more pertinent to not allow yourself be open to the criticism by either
                                                                                                                A - Not be part of the problem you're campaigning against
                                                                                                                B - Take a less visible part so as not to deflect attention away from the cause
                                                                                                                What attention were they getting before he got involved compared to after?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                  What attention were they getting before he got involved compared to after?
                                                                                                                  But that's exactly it. Brand's used his own media power to get them attention. Then complains about it.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                    If it's the Hippodrome Casino supposed to have some really decent grub, place looks very nice.
                                                                                                                    I wandered into the place drunk one night expecting juicy games with the mini China town around the corner and it was the nittiest place I've ever played in. Think I tripled barreled a guy wearing a Kipa and quickly cashed out.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-12-14, 14:16.

Comment

But that's exactly it. Brand's used his own media power to get them attention. Then complains about it.
                                                                                                                      .

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                      Brand has at least one good point; most modern journalists are just fucking snides (Irish lad comes across as a right smirking cunt imo), sniding & bluster are the only place there is any money left in that game

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        I wandered into the place drunk one night expecting juicy games with the mini China town around the corner and it was the nittiest place I've ever played in.
                                                                                                                        Walked past it the other day; considered going in but felt like I was approaching Disneyland rather than a den of gambling iniquity

On a plus side, should be clean and safe if you're drunk and a stranger in town

Comment

Yeah I've caught up totally. Guilty but things not adding up.

Think there's a fair chance that the library evidence that was never presented was confusion. Plenty of rubbish, rubbish evidence used in trial though. Timelines & stuff making no sense.
                                                                                                                          Yeah I'd agree. I'd say he probably did it alright but the fact that he was convicted is lol.

He seems on the verge of tripping himself up in the phone interviews and then goes completely silent mid-sentence a lot.

A bit here from ep 6:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Sarah Koenig
                                                                                                                          But you know what Adnan? The people who have told me that they think either they sort of after a long time came to the conclusion that you were guilty or that-- or kinda like, “I don’t know, maybe, I never really--” they all at some point in the conversation almost everybody has said, “well the Adnan I knew didn’t do it. Like the guy I knew, couldn’t have do it.” But maybe--

Adnan Syed
                                                                                                                          What the hell does that even mean? I’m not like a different-- I wasn’t--

Silence
                                                                                                                          If my poker playing skills were ever worth anything (admittedly they weren't) I'd bet dollars to donuts that he was half way through saying "sure I was the same guy when I did it FFS!" and just shuts up mid sentence when he realises what he's about to say.

His attempt to finish the sentence after is very awkward.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X