This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ...lovely touch my Neil Robertson to bring a cricket bat with him on his entrance...very nice to see different sportsmen show such solidarity...
    Its getting like Princess Diana every Tom Dick and Harry grieving for someone they didnt even know.
    It was sad but people die every day many by accident as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      Big shout out to tylerdurden. Just saw the Michael Jackson show. Absolutely amazing. I forgot (well not so much forgot but overlook) how brilliant he was as a performer due to crap that dogged him. Tonight, it was great just to see the stuff that made him who he was and celebrate the best of him.

SPOILER
      Oh yeah, can't stop smiling also.
      Man I'm absolutely delighted to hear you enjoyed it, awesome! If you're still on a MJ buzz check out a documentary called Bad 25.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yo coillcam read a couple stories about Constantine that it's halting production after it's initial run of episodes, not a good sign pointing to towards cancellation.
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          Yo coillcam read a couple stories about Constantine that it's halting production after it's initial run of episodes, not a good sign pointing to towards cancellation.
          Ah balls, haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
            Like in 3 years hes not going to be irish is he?
            If he has an Irish passport he is Irish what else is there, do you actually think there is some racial or cultural thing that makes someone Irish?
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              If he has an Irish passport he is Irish what else is there, do you actually think there is some racial or cultural thing that makes someone Irish?
              It's amazing how sports people like this never have to wait the 3-5 year wait time after they become eligible to apply that a lot of others who apply for this had to go through. I believe that time has been generally shortened now but for some (like Gholi) it was about 5 years after beginning the process until becoming a citizen.

Comment

He'll have to work on his begrudgery.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I lived in the Netherlands for 3 years if i stayed for five i could have had a dutch passport.
                  Would that have made me dutch?
                  no it would not.
                  Well he is not going to have an irish passport in 3 years.
                  Its a 3 year residency playing rugby entitles you to play for another country.
                  Which i dont agree with Michael Bent getting parachuted into the irish team
                  because he had an irish granny and the fact hes useless as well.
                  Last edited by Guest; 30-11-14, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    It's amazing how sports people like this never have to wait the 3-5 year wait time after they become eligible to apply that a lot of others who apply for this had to go through. I believe that time has been generally shortened now but for some (like Gholi) it was about 5 years after beginning the process until becoming a citizen.
                    A fine example he is as well now running illegal poker games in his native land.

Comment

Well yea, if you use a Dutch passport you are Dutch, simple as that.

I do kind of agree with you about the residency thing, IMO you should be a citizen to play for Ireland.

Comment

I do kind of agree with you about the residency thing, IMO you should be a citizen to play for Ireland.
                        In a global sport it probably has to be simple residency rules rather than citizenship, you really want to take the potential political mess of citizenship out of it.

Comment

And obv id still have had my irish one?
                          Dont think its simple as that like i would not have been fluent in the native language
                          or able to write in it.
                          Despite what a piece of paper said i could become a citizen of the place just by living and working there.

Comment

Dont think its simple as that like i would not have been fluent in the native language
                            or able to write in it.
                            Awkward example.

I spent 80 % of my life living in Ireland, no longer qualify for a passport/citizenship which seems a bit mental to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                              Awkward example.

I spent 80 % of my life living in Ireland, no longer qualify for a passport/citizenship which seems a bit mental to me.
                              Well you are a vegetarian.
                              Have you a cool nickname now called the maltese falcon?
                              Why is that sounds bit daft did you get passport from Malta or did you have swedish one?

Comment

Well you are a vegetarian.
                                Have you a cool nickname now called the maltese falcon?
                                Why is that sounds bit daft did you get passport from Malta or did you have swedish one?
                                Swedish passport, I don't qualify for naturalisation (expensive process anyway) as I havent lived in Ireland for the last 3 years despite moving to Ireland when I was 4.
                                Maltese passports are tougher again, 15-20 years living here to qualify. If you have a child here it takes the parents nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                  Swedish passport, I don't qualify for naturalisation (expensive process anyway) as I havent lived in Ireland for the last 3 years despite moving to Ireland when I was 4.
                                  Maltese passports are tougher again, 15-20 years living here to qualify. If you have a child here it takes the parents nationality.
                                  Ah would have thought you had an irish one.
                                  Malta has got is spot on small country.
                                  If you have a child here it takes the parents nationality shame that was not introduced here in certain circumstances.

Comment

Its a really complex area with a load of contradictions and crazy rules, but the bottom line is being a boorish drunk who eats too many spuds does not make you Irish, an Irish passport is the only thing that does.

Comment

Its a really complex area with a load of contradictions and crazy rules, but the bottom line is being a boorish drunk who eats too many spuds does not make you Irish, an Irish passport is the only thing that does.
                                      You sound like the English tabloids from the 80s.

Comment

Meh, if someone makes an effort to go to a country and work and pay taxes and wants to become a citizen then let them. They tend to offer a lot more to the country than those that seek to keep them out.

Comment

sup, long time no see it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                            sup, long time no see it seems.
                                            Welcome back in states or South America used to like the Columbian sceals

Comment

Welcome back in states or South America used to like the Columbian sceals
                                              Back in Dallas, will be moving back to Europe next year for a bit though.

Comment

I would not have been fluent in the native language
                                                or able to write in it.
                                                Dutch or Irish?
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

@honda In T2 for an hour and a bit of you are around and want to get a coffee

#stillabeliever

Comment

Mosconi Cup 9-ball pool time again, Monday to Thursday night this week, live on Sky Sports from beautiful Blackpool.

A very new USA lineup with Archer finally bowing out. Deull is a poor mans Pearl in the act-the-cunt stakes. Finkel or flushdraw hopefully along soon with their expert knowledge of obscure US pool players called justin.

USA.
                                                    Shane Van Boening.
                                                    Corey Deull.
                                                    John Schmidt.
                                                    Justin Hall (debut)
                                                    Justin Bergman (debut).

Europe could come up with a second and third team of 5 that would be every bit as strong as the selected one. No debutants here but quite light on experience compared to other years.
                                                    Europe
                                                    Niels Feijen.
                                                    Darren Appleton.
                                                    Nikos Ekonomopoulos.
                                                    Mark Gray.
                                                    Karl Boyes.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wombatman;857960]Dutch or Irish?[/QUO
                                                      Dutch.
                                                      At least unlike irish it has some uses.
                                                      Anyone i hear speaking it half the words are engish.
                                                      Its grand all right send the kids to a gaelscoil wont be in a class with 30 others half whos language in the home is not english.
                                                      I know scoil caitriona serves finglas ballymun and glasnevin areas so not all gael scoils are elite.

Comment

Hate when the Mosconi Cup is put on during the week.

Comment

I just got one invite for iptorrents. I'll send it on to the first person that posts wanting it. Just bear in mind that you will need to keep up a decent seed ratio.

Opr

Comment

There was a £1k entry blackball rules pool comp on today in Scotland AJ. Mick hill just won it, 6k plus a trip to Vegas. Awesome ruleset, 2 shots don't carry, can play a combination shot to pot opponents ball, setup to suit finishers rather than fudgers.
                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Think coillcam asked for one first, but I'll go first on the waiting list after that!

Edit: probably should set up a thread in the cousins for sharing invites

Comment

I'd take you up on that invite please.
                                                                On the road for acouple of days but I can set it up when I'm home on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                  There was a £1k entry blackball rules pool comp on today in Scotland AJ. Mick hill just won it, 6k plus a trip to Vegas. Awesome ruleset, 2 shots don't carry, can play a combination shot to pot opponents ball, setup to suit finishers rather than fudgers.
                                                                  Is there a standerised rule set for pool here? I only ever play occasionally, but my more slightly more serious friend seems aghast at the my suggestion of not carrying shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Is there a standerised rule set for pool here? I only ever play occasionally, but my more slightly more serious friend seems aghast at the my suggestion of not carrying shots.
                                                                    There are standardised rules called super league rules as far as I know.
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      In World 8 Ball Rules it is shots DO carry. These should be the standard rule everywhere but alas, there seems to be weird rules in different pubs/towns/counties.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Mosconi Cup 9-ball pool time again, Monday to Thursday night this week, live on Sky Sports from beautiful Blackpool.

A very new USA lineup with Archer finally bowing out. Deull is a poor mans Pearl in the act-the-cunt stakes. Finkel or flushdraw hopefully along soon with their expert knowledge of obscure US pool players called justin.

USA.
                                                                        Shane Van Boening.
                                                                        Corey Deull.
                                                                        John Schmidt.
                                                                        Justin Hall (debut)
                                                                        Justin Bergman (debut).

Europe could come up with a second and third team of 5 that would be every bit as strong as the selected one. No debutants here but quite light on experience compared to other years.
                                                                        Europe
                                                                        Niels Feijen.
                                                                        Darren Appleton.
                                                                        Nikos Ekonomopoulos.
                                                                        Mark Gray.
                                                                        Karl Boyes.

Justin Hall was in the US Open quarter finals (equivalent) and that's about all I know about his 9 ball game, just remember the name.

Bergman won a bunch of tournaments earlier in the year but was out with the washing in the US Open.

Not sure what the criteria was for qualifying but I've no idea where the came from.

I follow about 3/4 US 9 ball events all year so no help really.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                          In World 8 Ball Rules it is shots DO carry. These should be the standard rule everywhere but alas, there seems to be weird rules in different pubs/towns/counties.
                                                                          These are the most common alright but you still run into random rules in certain places

Comment

Absolutely no chance Suarez scores for Barca tonight.

Comment

LOL...Classic BBVing by SatNav, Stereo Kicks gone home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                LOL...Classic BBVing by SatNav, Stereo Kicks gone home.
                                                                                ffs devastated here lol. didnt see that coming at all! was convinced the girl would go.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I watched season 1 of the fall, forget some of it and I am confused on this in season 2 :

SPOILER
                                                                                  Who is rose the girl he is driving around in the car with?
                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 30-11-14, 21:45.
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Anybody tried khat (pronounced chat) on their travels?

I was watching a show earlier about Ethiopia and they were all loving the khat.

Comment

went to see Paddington Bear today with Mia and we both fell in love with him.
                                                                                      I was stuck for something to put into the stocking hanging on the fireplace so got this lovely little fella. Great idea for those of you that have kids that have seen the movie or plan to

reduced to 14 quid Littlewoods

not actual size

SPOILER

22 cms
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                        went to see Paddington Bear today with Mia and we both fell in love with him.
                                                                                        I was stuck for something to put into the stocking hanging on the fireplace so got this lovely little fella. Great idea for those of you that have kids that have seen the movie or plan to

reduced to 14 quid Littlewoods

not actual size

SPOILER

22 cms
                                                                                        I thought Paddington was a blonde.
                                                                                        Is that his brown haired mate from the movie? (no spoilers please)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I thought Paddington was a blonde.
                                                                                          Is that his brown haired mate from the movie? (no spoilers please)
                                                                                          brownish

SPOILER

she wont know the difference
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

What are you going to call him?

Comment

What are you going to call him?
                                                                                              HRH paddy
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

HRH paddy
                                                                                                Lovely job.

Comment

Last I heard of it they were trying to ban it in England due to African lads going bat shit crazy due to taking way too much of the stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                    Last I heard of it they were trying to ban it in England due to African lads going bat shit crazy due to taking way too much of the stuff

Class c drug in the UK iirc from wiki earlier. Banned here too.

Comment

you'd think there'd be more jokes about a term as funny as The Horn of Africa. I think my Ugandan friend mentioned it to me before, I'll ask him and report back.
                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I watched season 1 of the fall, forget some of it and I am confused on this in season 2 :

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Who is rose the girl he is driving around in the car with?
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Spector went out with her years ago (in college) and half strangled her .She came forward to the police and named him as a possible suspect when she heard about the murders (strangled link). Cops didn't name her but gave her identity away in the papers and Spector knew she had grassed him

Comment

I used to love getting up in the morning and catching up on the happenings of the once glorious BBV. But today there were 10 measly posts. I is disappoint.!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            I used to love getting up in the morning and catching up on the happenings of the once glorious BBV. But today there were 10 measly posts. I is disappoint.!
                                                                                                            Probably down to ~20 contributors these days. The End is nigh.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Probably down to ~20 contributors these days. The End is nigh.
                                                                                                              All went to shit once Rigger started school

Comment

Lets play a game of guess where I an this morning... shouldn't be too difficult this was a typical scene on the road on the way to work today, the child should be fine its only at about 85Kmph and a little blow of his horn is plenty to tell the bus he is going to pass it

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-12-14, 10:01.

Comment

India? Road seems quite!
                                                                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Lets play a game of guess where I an this morning... shouldn't be too difficult this was a typical scene on the road on the way to work today, the child should be fine its only at about 85Kmph and a little blow of his horn is plenty to tell the bus he is going to pass it

Pakistan?

Comment

Bangladesh?
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        Pakistan?
                                                                                                                        Too easy, you'd need the city to win the points

Comment

Too easy, you'd need the city to win the points
                                                                                                                          Karachi

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X